Piper Shores Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEDecember 15, 2018
Piper Shores is a great place to work. The staff is friendly and management is super friendly and personable. The facility is always clean and beautiful.
Dont work here! They dont have your back.
Cna (Former Employee) –  HolbrookApril 4, 2018
Very nice resudents. Staff very clicky. Doesnt make others feel welccome.Upper staff has no backbone.If you ever have personal issues forget about support.
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEMarch 28, 2018
I love my job at piper shores. It is the best cna job in my 8 years of being a cna. I get paid the most I've ever made and have the lowest residents on my assignment ever making it a easy work day and the coworkers are very helpful and great as well. The residents are friendly and great as well. The benefits and incentives are phenomenal. The facility is beautiful along with the ocean front scenery. I would recommend anyone to work there or live there. The residents and employees are spoiled and treated right.
Great residents and staff, but management / HR arrogant
Student (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEFebruary 19, 2018
The RN who wrote the review on Feb 14, 2018 was right on.

I was a student there and called HR three times to find out about pay and benefits.
My call was finally returned weeks later and questions begrudgingly answered only because my instructor was also trying in vain to reach HR.
We're talking about a $12.00 hr. job here, not the Ambassadorship to Saudi Arabia.

The whole idea of the program was to recruit students into the workforce at Piper Shores, but they do a poor job of it. I felt insulted.

Needless to say I've found work elsewhere in a welcoming environment.
Great residents, poor management
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEFebruary 14, 2018
While the residents are wonderful and the campus is beautiful, the management is a joke. They treat you as if you should be thankful to be in their presence and bow down to their every request. They advertise a person first approach in the health center, yet force the residents to get up in the morning at 4am and go to bed at 6pm in order to make certain staff happy. If you have any issues or concerns, better deal with them yourself, as the management would rather pass the buck until there is a major upset in staffing and people ultimately quit out of frustration. Great pay, great residents, terrible benefits and an extremely stressful atmosphere.
Pros
Beautiful campus, great residents
Cons
Poor management, stressful atmosphere, clashing personalities
Environmental Services review
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MENovember 7, 2017
If you work in Environmental Services, be careful The women are very cliquey. If they decide they dont like you because you refuse to be a part of their chatter, youre blacklisted, and back stabbed. Theyre all pretty snotty, including the two supervisors. Very uncomfortable environment to work in
N/a
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Saco, MEMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed working with the staff and company and also enjoyed visiting the retirees that stayed at the property they were very sweet. And liked the different work in a day.
Very friendly environment, great employees and staff
Diet Aide (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEApril 5, 2017
On a typical day at work I prep food to be cooked, serve it to the residents, tend to the resident's needs and clean up after them. the chefs and CNA's there are the best. Great work environment.
Pros
The resident's make working there all the more better
Cons
Deserve higher pay for what we do
Great place to work but no place to start a career
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJune 19, 2016
Great place to work, very friendly staff and residents. No place to advance within company and they hire outside for management positions. Benefits are horrible if you include your family in anyway.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
no career advancement
No advancement opportunities
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Gorham, MEApril 29, 2015
As an employee of Piper Shores we have become a disposable convenience. To move up - you move on. Any advancement opportunities are hired from outside the company. If you have the "audacity" to want fair pay or to be able to live up to your fullest potential you will be punished. 90% of the current employees are unhappy and are looking for a new job.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Everything else
productive and fun workplace
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEMarch 18, 2015
My favorite part of going to work is seeing all the residents. Their meals are one of the only things they look forward to each day and being able to provide that for them is one of the best feelings.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
administation, being short staffed
Beautiful property, nice well-equipped kitchen.
Lead Line Cook/ Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEFebruary 25, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Piper Shores. Management was supportive and approachable. I made some great friends while working here. Got several raises and promotions while at Piper Shores. Great residents and co-workers.
Pros
Free lunch, nice breakroom, great co-workers. Beautiful place.
Cons
when I moved the commute became too long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piper Shores. Our community is ready to answer.

Piper Shores Reviews by Location