Pirtek Employee Reviews

Pay wasn't bad
Mobile Sales & Service Technician, Duties (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 20, 2019
Like any Franchise it has its good and bad I leave it at that. Perk you are furnished a work vehicle that you take home, Con takes an act of congress to get management to keep the van up.
it ok
tech (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 20, 2019
ok place to work if young an don't need benfits. and just getting started and wanting to learn. they need to get more organized with having parts for there techs.
Horrendous
Hydraulic Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2019
Will say they will give you the time off that you need and then tell you the customer comes first. This company cares only about the customer and not about you or your family
Fun place
Office Manager/Full charge Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46217November 12, 2018
Small locally owned franchise. Easy to work with the owner and his manager. It could be high stress but allowed us to cut up at times. Good place to work.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Wish they paid me more
productive and fun to work
TECHNICIAN, PIRTEK HYDROLIC SOLUTION (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJune 29, 2018
my duties were to get dispatch to different job locations tom fix heavy macheniry for different rental companys remove and reinstall hydraulic hoses sales calls make daily reports on macheniry we work on and report with dispatchg
Pros
overtime
Cons
i hour breaks
Pirtek Metro Detroit
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 22, 2018
Pirtek metro Detroit once was a family run business that had unlimited potential . The work is very fast pace you learn a lot and you were compensated average for the metro Detroit area. Over the past two years there is a been a downturn on the management and human relations side. A family member of the owner is in charge of human relations is seldom at work so the human relations department is nonexistent or self help. There is been a turnover of a third of the workforce in the past six months key indicator that there are issues. Hopefully they will wake up and turn this around because it was a good place to work! But as of current management and upper management are not listening to employees.
Pros
Employee assisted medical and dental, A comprehensive corporate training
Cons
long hours, little support from management, and company instability
From Corporate to Franchise Owner
Franchise Development Manager & then Owner (Current Employee) –  Pirtek USA; Pirtek Space Coast & Pirtek DaytonaJune 19, 2018
Worked for Corporate Headquarters for 15+ years. Then decided to own our own franchise. We are now the proud owners of two (2) franchise licenses. We continue to grow the business and grow our amazing team.
.good workplace
Field service technician (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 12, 2018
This is a great place to work at. Good pay and good benefits. You get a company van and the environment is almost lime a family definitely a place would recommend.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
On call
making People Happy
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 18, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. My boss was a really nice smart person I still admire. We worked on everything. Our branch led in sales multiple time I think because we worked so well together.
Pros
Customer Satisfaction
Cons
The pay could have been better. It was a franchise, so the parent company was really the only one making any.
LEAD MOBILE SALES AND SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 26, 2018
Pirtek was an exceptional place to work. They gave me what I needed at the time. I learned a lot and the staff was great to work with. I would work for pirtek again.
No Comment
Mobiles Sales and Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33126January 16, 2018
I would like not to comment on this company. I currently work at this company. Its a good company however too much favoritism. Not making enough money on commission therefore looking for new place that I could grow.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Stressful with lack of knowledgeable management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2017
Terrible place to work. Lack of inventory makes jobs often impossible or have to seek other vendors to complete job. On call rotation is flawed because even though you may not be on call you will still end up covering service calls regardless of the schedule. Also there are many dangerous practices that seem to be pushed under the rug and deemed ok to perform.
Cons
Awesome company to work for
Sales Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2016
Dependable, company vehicle and cell phone. would definitely go back if given the opportunity. Management is on point and there for you whenever you need anything
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
on-call
productive and fun
Administrative Assistant / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  altamont springsJune 22, 2015
The moral of the store was up beat and professional. This is where i learned to dispatch and got my first taste for administrative work. My manager and bosses where eager to teach me everything there is to know and i was more than willing and able to learn everything i could. We often had lunch together in the break room as a "family" which i saw as a wonderful opportunity to get to know the people i worked for.
Motivating and exciting environment
sales (Current Employee) –  txMay 23, 2014
All my co-workers easy to get along and fun to work with. Sometimes too hot.
Good Company
Field Mechanic/Salesman (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CANovember 5, 2013
It was a good company with a good business model. I enjoyed the work there most days, depending on the job I got. I was a moble hydaulic hose maker and installer. You got to take the work van home so that if there was a job in the middle of the night you could just get in and go. The worst part about the job was having to drive a overloaded sprinter van through LA traffic from jobsite to jobsite. The traffic with everyones road rage and bad driving was the worst part about the job. I really dont mind driving 5 hours to the next job otherwise. That and when you just got home and showered and got a call for another job. That was the other suck part. My co-workers were great to work with and hang out with. They were glad to show me the ropes and tell me which parts of town to watch out for as I covered some of the worst parts of LA on out to the desert. I never ran into any trouble so that made the job easier. Some of my co-workers weren't so lucky. They would have run-ins with different gangs when they went to the job sites.
Pros
wages
Cons
Driving from job to job, gang activity.
Unhealthy
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 26, 2013
The owner and his wife were going through a bitter separation and made it very uncomfortable to work with them. The office staff consisted of the three of us, and I was subjected to their personal fights and arguments.
Pros
Mon-Fri
Cons
lack of professionalism
its ok
Technician (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 2, 2012
looking to grow with a company that offers benefits im just a technician love working with all my co workers
long hours low pay
Mobile sales and service technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2012
This place sucks dont ever work there. The manager is rude. There was little to no room for advancement. If you wanted to make any money you would pritty much volenter to stay on call which never left time for your family or any free time.
Cons
not paid enough