Pitney Bowes Employee Reviews

Found 2,152 reviews matching the search See all 2,453 reviews
very fast paced office
Senior Administrator and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, CTMarch 25, 2019
I liked my job but at the time I didn't want to work that many hours with a small child. I was always lucky to have great supervisors and I was a hard worker and was rewarded and recognized
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
too many hours with a small child at home
Sexist
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 25, 2019
I really enjoyed working for this company at first, I was motivated to succeed and excited to learn each aspect of the warehouse to thrive and grow with the company. But I was told by my supervisor that I couldn't get my forklift certification because I'm a woman and "We all know how women drive"

I was also disturbed by the number of drug users in the building and was constantly being insulted by the smell of pot on many of the employees. Including those who were driving forklifts and involved in others safety. My foot was ran over and injured by someone who had not been trained properly on the moving conveyor belt and if I hadn't screamed, my foot would have been shattered. Overall, I witnessed several safety concerns and once I found out I was pregnant I lost interest in the company because I did not feel staying was in the best interest of having a safe and healthy pregnancy.
Pros
Decent benefits, Pto, Life insurance
Cons
Lack of growth opportunities, rarely worked an 8 hour shift, excessive drug use amongst peers, turnover
Great peers, some perks from clients
Field Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 23, 2019
Good company to work for however the service dept is in a downhill spiral. Majority of work is contracted out to 3rd party vendors who doesn’t know the in or out of equipment. PB Technician wears company shirts while 3rd party wears cargo shorts and rainbow shirts
Pros
Work remotely, different products services daily, meeting people
Cons
Lack of salary increase due to above & beyond performance
Ugh... just ugh.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAMarch 23, 2019
I got this job through a staffing agency and I'd say they pretty much misled me. I asked if it was a temporary position or whatever and the guy said it was "ongoing" (which seemed kind of evasive in hindsight) but one of the employees said it was temporary. So that was kind of shady right off the bat. Anyway, when I started they pretty much threw me right into the fire and I was put on a "slow" machine which was still hella-fast for someone on their first day doing it. I was working with two ladies: one who fed the mail into the sorting machine and the other who I was helping sort the mail into bins. The first one was pretty nice to me but the second one got on my case even though I was literally new there. She apparently didn't speak English too well which didn't help matters either. After about 2 hours of doing that I was sweating my butt off from the non-stop action and was feeling a little lightheaded so I just said screw it and peaced out. If you like that kind of work (or are horribly desperate for something) then I guess go for it. But considering the size of the warehouse and the amount of people working with you, you're just another brick in the wall.
Pros
Managers were helpful for the most part
Cons
Really fast paced and nearly non-stop action, lack of communication, language barriers
100 year old company trying to operate as a startup
INSIDE SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 22, 2019
Pitney Bowes is the incumbent in the mailing industry. They have been going through a transformation since 2013 in an effort to stay relevant. Although needed, it has been extremely painful for both employees and clients. The company needs to improve communication. Senior level executives often ask for ideas and feedback, but are not willing to listen and dismiss. There is a huge disconnect between our executives and our front line managers.
Low salary
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INMarch 22, 2019
The company need to trained people for more than a day and they need to give more waves.Instead of 11 the should put a 50cents more on the money and they need to have a second shift.
The training you need to start in medical sales
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2019
This was a great place to start my career. The training was very intense and is what most people in the industry look for. Here I learned all my selling skills.
Pitney Bowes-- non-competitive
Sales Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Avon Products, Rye, NYMarch 21, 2019
Pitney Bowes Management Services (PBMS) held the Avon facility management contract for a limited amount of time. They ultimately were outbid and could not compete.
Challenging and rewarding place to work with supportive, driven leadership.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2019
A typical day at Pitney Bowes entails 8 to 10 hours of managing firs-class business mail presort operations. Task range from overseeing staffing, maintenance, productivity, staff development, and employee engagement. The company has a great culture founded in respect, integrity and exceptional customer service.

The most enjoyable part of my day is having a chance to interact and remove barriers for my associates. I enjoy engaging with my team and interfacing with my customers on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job is maintaining efficient processing of presort mailing while ensuring an intent focus on quality, minimizing errors and reducing operational costs to provide an excellent experience to our customers.
Pros
Supportive, Empowering, Challenging
Cons
Hourly Employee Pay
Good company to start my carreer
Administrative Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 21, 2019
Recognized as a leader in business ethics, Pitney Bowes corporate governance emphasizes accountability, oversight and sound operating principles and is committed to a culture of integrity.
Fast Pace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 20, 2019
Scanning of records, documenting information into system, not much socializing because work had to be done. Lack of communication when asking for assistance
Who in the world would give this place more than 1 Star?!
Sorter (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 18, 2019
This is slave work. Have you ever looked at an ant colony or a bee hive and wondered at the non-stop robotic brainless motion? This is Pitney Bowes. There is no slow and steady or even swift and steady. It's moving full speed, non-stop for the entire shift except for your breaks. It's totally insane. The one up is you'll meet people working there from every third world country on this Earth. Yeah, most can't speak any English at all. But Pitney Bowes hires them because this job requires no talking at all. Just your body moving full speed, non-stop like a brainless robot. The supervisors compete with each shift to see who can get the highest production numbers. They push and push you to move faster. Makes sense why all these immigrants are here. No one else would hire them when most can hardly say one word in English. So that's the only positive thing about this place.
Pros
Help non-English speaking immigrants with a job
Cons
Slave work
My experience at Pitney Bowes
Product Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 18, 2019
I truly enjoyed my time at Pitney Bowes. The hours were wonderful and so was the atmosphere. The company had just relocated to the Savannah, GA area and did a wonderful job incorporating itself into the community.
I really enjoyed working there
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 17, 2019
It was a great place to work had a great relationship with most of the workers/management do the job was so fast paced but i enjoyed it showed up everyday.
Excellent work environment
Technical Support Lead/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 15, 2019
Great place to work atmosphere always engaging. Training is excellent. Learned many various aspects of the call center environment. Fun place to work.
Pitney Bowes is great
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMarch 14, 2019
Pitney Bowes is a great job in you are just entering the working field. They hire internally and there is some hope for promotion. Hardwork and the ability to show up for work will help you succeed at Pitney Bowes
work day
Consultant - Day, Berry & Howard LLP (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 10, 2019
Open copy center. Faxing documents, Delivering document to the Lawyer or Assistant. Ordering supplies, Monthly report of copy center, incoming to outgoing, paper, supplies,
Pros
Very nice place to work.
Cons
Outsource to DayPitney contract ended.
Good place to work.
Assistant General Counsel (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 9, 2019
I was given a lot of independence and client interaction. Also got my MBA while employed which helped my job working with marketing team. Good working relationship with co-workers. Updated technology.
Pros
Independent work.
Cons
Inconsistencies between departments.
Great co-workers
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 8, 2019
I enjoy working with the my fellow co-workers, I would like to see everyone compensated better than they are. It seems that the raises are minimal for today's economy. We our a very diverse company with many cultures. Also I applied for a position here which they gave to an outside individual with absolutely no mail service background. This really left a bad taste with me as I have been working in the mail environment for most of my working career.
Too much micromanaging
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 7, 2019
Management team only cares about you as long as you are meeting your numbers. Productivity is watched and monitored hourly and disciplinary action is expected to the individuals not carrying their own weight. Hard to remain productive when you need to do administrative work and communication channel isn't the most reliable.
Pros
Constant incentives to motivate staff to increase productivity and sales.
Cons
Management is overworked and hard to rely on for client related issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pitney Bowes. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Pitney Bowes.

Powered by Comparably