Pitney Bowes Employee Reviews

Found 2,087 reviews matching the search See all 2,372 reviews
pitney bowes was my first job I started and a wonderful company to work with
Site Manager and Advanced Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2018
I worked at Pitney Bowes for 10 years, I learned a lot managed and moved my way up very quickly. I was in the management position for five years with in the five years I was able to manage a multi functioning departments, hiring, doing payroll, monthly inventory, controlling employees overtime pay and many more. The last five years at Pitney Bowes I was working as an advance Sales Executive leasing meter machines and selling office supplies such as folding and inserting machines and printers and I was very successful in doing so.
Pros
endless opportunity
Cons
the pay was not great/
co-workers were always helpful
Econ Sec. mail envelopes, banker boxes, etc (Former Employee) –  azDESDecember 18, 2018
Management focused on benefits to investors, leaving some employees being underapprecieated and underpaid.
Learning new tasks was always enjoyable,though sometimes not as easy as hoped.
driving valleywide meeting customers to pickup DES mail was always the best part...new people , new stops.Several times I was sent to new sites to introduce them to Pitney Bowes and find out info, ie when to be there, whether am or pa or both, what days , etc.
Pros
co workers
Cons
manager lies about employees effectivness, work habits.
Like the work - not the politics
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 8, 2018
Pitney Bowes is usually a good place to work, if you remove the ideal and culture that you have to sell your dignity and self respect by telling management how great they are, turning a blind eye to management waste and mismanagement of employee resources.

This company's senior level management (and next level down) does not rely on your work product nor your experience and expertise. They tend to listen to your one up who (in my case) is intimidated by you so you never get the real work that allows you to demonstrate that the company made a good investment in bringing you on.

I make over $98k a year and I do nothing!!! My one up is intimidated by me. They over take conversations on calls and in person meetings even when the question is directed at me.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the job - the actual work.
Pros
The work, the people, the benefits
Cons
the people, the politics
productive but stressful
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 6, 2018
The environment was always uncomfortable and shaky at times. When you do a good job you were not told you did a good job however when something went wrong you were definitely notified
Grind
NYNY Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2018
This was a an straight business development and account management that relied heavily on new and old business development. Relationship retainment. It was great place to work.
Pros
FUn
Cons
compensation
proactive fun workplace
pre-sorter (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MI 48174December 2, 2018
I like working in Pitney Bowes, my coworker very helpful and friendly. I learn to work in assembler line quick and fast. the hard part was defined the wrong bar code in mail, while machine is running. The enjoyable part of the job was in lunch room full of foods and all different type of people.
Pros
free food in break times.
Cons
Pitney Bowes helps students to pay for tution.
Left this position due to losing the contract
Team Leader (Assistant Manager) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 30, 2018
This company does service work through contracts within different law firms, the company lost the contract within the firm I worked for so I had to move on to another opportunity.
sinking ship
Strategic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTNovember 28, 2018
this company has been in decline for many years. The technology that built the company is now obsolete. they are trying to develop new technology but other competitors are better
Pros
well known brand
Cons
company in steady decline
Just a place to get a check; keep your head down
Presorter to Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHNovember 28, 2018
Very physical, stressful and disrespectful environment. Most would treat you poorly due to race, gender and age. Only a handful of "good" team workers. The rest are lazy.
Pros
The breaks
Cons
No team work, disrespect and physical straining because if youre on a bad lazy team you pick up their slack.
Like my job
Administrative Service (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NCNovember 26, 2018
I did a lot of clerical work. Like the people that I work with. Make a better salary that you can live with. They had good benefit. The supervisor took you out for a Christmas supper.
Pre-sorter
Pre-sorter (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 26, 2018
This job is physically demanding, overly so. It is very fast paced, sometimes unmanageably fast. Training is horrible. And almost all pre-sorters are crabby and unfriendly as well as talking about everyone else. This is not a long term job. I would not recommend the pre-sort job to any friends for family. Maybe there are better departments, but not in the warehouse.
Pros
Breaks every 2 hours. Water
Cons
Too fast. Unfriendly co-workers. Point system. Poor training.
Great company to work for
MGMT SERVICES AT BRISTOL MYERS SQUIBB (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 21, 2018
We had contracts with different companies and all were great places to work for. Great people, great staff and overall a great working environment...
Pros
Great mgmt
Presorter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2018
Everyone was very friendly and easy to work with. Being trained was easy and stress free, it was fine to ask questions. Coworkers don't mind lending a helping hand to whoever may need one.
tough time
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 18, 2018
This was a job in the ever shrinking (to be nice) mail industry. We were presort facility that presented already sorted mail to the USPS for a VAR (Value Added Rebate). The margin on this was tenths of a cent per piece and as mail volume declined each year, so did the opportunities at this company.
Every day is different
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 16, 2018
Never a dull moment is the final surviving benefit of this company. Trying to transform itself into something else, has gutted this once Fortune 500 / customer-centric company, into a technology chasing slave to the shareholder.
Pros
Cons
No raise in 10 years, with ever increasing responsibilities
Overall a good company but direction is unclear
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 15, 2018
The company is trying hard to turn the culture around but employees are still punished for speaking up about problems. Needs better oversight of corporate support teams. Pitney Bowes corporate HR provides a lot of resources for development.
Was good to start
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 15, 2018
I did not intend to leave my job. The company I was assigned to requested that I not be asked to return to the work site. No reasons were given and I was not even allowed to get my personal belongings from the site. No other offers were made to help me remain employed and no reason was given.
great place for immediate work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 15, 2018
The job was ok if you are looking for immediate work, but the overall aspects of the work is very stressful physically as it deals with mail sorting and shipment.
Pros
always work, days off, provided food/collabertive work activities
Cons
short breaks, physically stressful
A good place to work. They take interest in the improvement of their employees.
Program Manager, (Quality Control) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2018
A typical day at work was always challenging, because each day was customers driven. The need to push "quality" was paramount with all jobs processed in the plant. All industry standardized, team-based methodology for quality control drove the quality process.
Pros
Employees improvement
Cons
Sometimes management indifference to diverse views create obstacles for line supervisors.
Long Term Employment
Adm Assist, VP & Corporate Officer, WW Product Dev (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTNovember 12, 2018
I had a very lengthy and enriching experience throughout my many years at Pitney Bowes. I was able to start at the lowest level of my secretarial life and ended at the top. I met and developed many relationships that I still have today. Most of the Management I had the pleasure of working with took the time to educate me in all facets of what they were working on so I could grasp a better understanding.
Pros
Working across every discipline
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pitney Bowes. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Pitney Bowes.

Powered by Comparably