Pitney Bowes Employee Reviews

Dressed up and decorated for Holidays.
Order Management Business Processor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2018
Was very friendly environment. Training was given often with lots of hands on testing. Lots of good people to work with. Workplace culture was good , most of the time but could get stressful at the end of the month.
Pros
Fun lunches, birthdays and holidays.
Cons
Management often was not flexible to new ideas.
Well known company, lots of internal challenges
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 23, 2018
I worked for PB for 14 years. They are a stable company and with the right manager, you can really enjoy the work. Flip side is with a not so great manager, the company can be struggle to get things done. I worked in a remote position (work from home) some there is much that you have to "do yourself" since there is no office support. The people in the company are great and most want to get the right thing done for the client, but there are processes in the organization that make satisfying clients a bit of a challenge and when you are in sales/marketing/business development, that can be hard for building the long terms relationships as so many things are a part of the company and you have little effect on. They have also been on a track for the past 10+ years of providing very substandard pay raises, as they were always under the "belt tightening" and average raises were 0 - 1.5% annually, which is extremely slow growth once you are in.
Pros
Great teammates
Cons
Isolated at times
Meeting people from all over the world made a difference
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAMay 20, 2018
the past two years provided the most growth professionally and personally
management proved the greatest challenge
learned computer skills while on the job
workplace culture seemed diverse
learning about people beyond the scope of work
Pros
work-life balance, benefits, discounts
Cons
slow to be aggressively competitive in the commerce industry
Good
Technical / Billing Support (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 16, 2018
The company is fine. This review is not benefical to the overall process of getting a job. This is more commercial, than actually helpful to the overall process.
Hard worker, productive, open minded
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 14, 2018
Goal oriented, productive, ready to expand. Held multiple positions from Mail Center to Switchboard/Receptionist. Ordering of supplies, scheduling of meetings. Supervision of multiple employees.
Not Sure
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 14, 2018
Been a while since I worked at PB, can't remember much. The pae was rather slow but when it mattered it mattered. Timely upkeep of machinery was necessary.
I gained sales experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMay 14, 2018
Although it was not a thoroughly satisfying position I gained sales experience and learned the art of persistence. I maintained accounts and provided customer service and created new accounts.
Good training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 12, 2018
Pitney trained us well and support was always available if someone had an issue. Coworkers were helpful, but a new manager was not very good. I was laid off due to reduction in force.
Good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Pitney Bowes a great company to work for, I enjoyed the benefits and medical side. There a lot of room for growth with the company. I would strongly recommend Pitney Bowes.
Pros
off on weekends
Cons
some late shifts
Dedicated Employees
Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTMay 9, 2018
PB has remained committed to Fairfield County for nearly a century. PB has always emphasized a commitment to employee diversity well before it became a corporate buzzword.
Experience may vary
Service Technician / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2018
Most experiences at Pitney Bowes are customer dependent. Some customers are extremely demanding, while others are more reasonable and easier to get along with.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed my job and meeting people. It was a fast paced job and much attention to detail when entering information into the computer. I enjoyed the experience
Productive very physically demanding
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIMay 6, 2018
Good job fast paced. I worked in the dispatch area. Our job was to stack the pallets wrap and stamp with delivery sticker to be shipped to the right location according the the matching zip codes in the US.
Pros
Paid lunch break
Cons
Moat nights loads are alot bigger
good
Mail Services Associate and Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2018
job duties ok but low hours. People and clients are nice to me. The job duties is fast pace. Excellent cafeteria and workers nice. Easy work with people and staff members
Pros
lunch
Cons
break
Envirionment
Inside Sales Call Center (Current Employee) –  Spokane WAMay 4, 2018
The environment at Pitney Bowes has changed so much it makes you not even want to come in. Very stressful and always wanting more production with no pay increase
Trying not to go down with the Ship
Customer Relations Specialist-Leasing (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 4, 2018
Pitney Bowes as a whole has really done a lot in the technology department when it comes to advancing certain products or services. As far as the postage meter side of the company, the business is very cut throat and commission based. The requirements for sales and retention were set too high in a dying business. Lots of companies are pinching pennies and the first things to usually go are the luxury items such as the postage meters. Unfortunately, because of the decline in business, my department was closed with no option of transferring to another area within the company since other positions were as max allowance or the next closest facility was half way across the country.
No Career Advancement
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 3, 2018
Very few people can get ahead in this company. There are a select few who get promoted year after year while the vast majority have no room for advancement and get yearly raises that do not keep up with inflation. Don't work here
Pros
Ability to telecommute
Cons
No Career Advancement, Lots of Secrets, Long hours, Low raises, Bad/out of touch management
Great entry position, company culture
Billing Support III- Escalation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 2, 2018
Great place to get your foot in the door. They properly train their employees which is very important for me. They are a sustainable company, although the chatter and the gossip the organization of the company as a whole didn't seem organized to my standards, and sadly to admit the pay rate they gave me was the starting. This is what any new employee is given, although after contracted for seven months working in the same department, I was disappointing with that as well.
Pros
Great foot-in-the-door, friendly co-workers, proper paid training program
Cons
Company was not organized as a whole, company culture, gossip and a slight bit of verbal harassment
ensures that mail is processed timely.
Transportation Driver (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VAMay 2, 2018
A typical day is to set up the deliveries for the day. I normally drive about 300 miles per day to deliver and pick up.

Ensure all postal regulation are update and followed.

Management is hands on to help when needed.

The hardest part of the job keep up with the daily routine of processing.
Pros
They do alot of employee moral building
Cons
You are there until work is completed.
fast paced
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 30, 2018
Supervisors were very good, The work place in general for me was a little over difficult Because I don not speak Spanish, Many of my co workers did not speak or understand English, very hard to communicate with a co-worker

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pitney Bowes. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

20%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.