Pitt Community College Employee Reviews

good part time job
Technical Assistant, Student Services (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCMarch 13, 2018
Pitt Community College is a good place to get some experience in the education field. Although, it is hard to obtain full-time employment there, it is a good atmosphere and great people to work with
Not a position to be recommended
English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCFebruary 26, 2018
This position provides little to no job security and no benefits (health, medical, vacation, etc.). It encourages dedication and loyalty, yet offers little reward or even acknowledgement for efforts.
TA/Lab Technician
Computer Lab Tech/Teacherʼs Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 13, 2018
Running the lab is extremely fun and affords the opportunity to continue your own education as well as assist students with theirs. There are very few things in life more satisfying than sitting with a student and effectively solving a problem with their software/design.
great place to learn
CLINICAL STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCJanuary 30, 2018
I did not work at Pitt Community College, I was a student there and loved my experience. It is a very competitive community but worth the all the hard work.
Excellent Environment and Management
ESL and Spanish for Healthcare Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 23, 2018
It is absolutely one of the best places I have ever worked. My supervisor is awesome and very professional. My coworkers are very nice. The environment is very relaxed and supportive.
The Best Decision I Ever Made
Student (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NC 28590November 12, 2017
Going back to school full-time was the best decision I ever made. I have met so many wonderful people and have learned so much taking classes at Pitt Community College.
Average place to work
Teacher/Instructor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCOctober 18, 2017
A nice place to work. Low stress levels. I would have continued, but due to budget cuts my job was closed. There wasn't another job that I could transfer to.
Pros
Weekends off.
Cons
Part-time no benefits. Budget cuts put you out of the job.
Productive Workplace
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCSeptember 18, 2017
I love working here. The interaction with the students and teachers daily helps your day go by with ease. I look forward to coming to work here everyday.
A great internship
Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NC 28590August 25, 2017
Had a great time as an intern and was able to learn and apply a lot of what was taught in my classes. Still upset that my experiment did not work out like i had hoped it would.
Good place to work at
Receptionist/Technical Assistant/Intern (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCJuly 20, 2017
Everyone is a joy to work with and the atmosphere is amazing. When you are in need of something, everyone try to come together to get the job done and meet the needs of the students.

Want to know more about Pitt Community College?

Ask a question
pitt community college
Public Services & Fine Arts/Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCJuly 17, 2017
It is a well designed organization that help students get the full potential they need to move on to their desired field. It is a place were if you know the right people you can get the job doNE
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Great Place to make an impact
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCJune 22, 2017
Working at Pitt Community College, allowed me to not only grow in my professional experience but created the avenue for an immediate impact in the community; events, resources, and programs. This is an institution that I would recommend working as well as attending.
Pros
Community Impact, Self rewarding experiences
Cons
Progressive thinking
Not so good
Instructor/ Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NC 27835June 15, 2017
If the faculty member had documentation proving the misconduct by the student. When I first started at the college it was referred to as Harvard on the highway. But in later years up until today it is referred to as "Burger King college" because you can have it your way. The above attitude I described may take care of your needs temporarily, however it will not take care of your long term needs
Pros
Helping Students
Cons
Lack of support from administration
technical assistant
Technical Assistant, Career Services (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCJune 12, 2017
I Love this job!!! This was one of my 2 favorite jobs in my entire life!! You get the chance to meet alot of interesting people who will enlighten your day.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
people that don't follow instrustions
Fun workplace
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCJune 12, 2017
I love working here. I wish there was an opportunity for full time employment. Overall the students are great to work with. You meet a lot of interesting people working here.
Great place to learn new skills
Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 9, 2017
easy work compared to construction and nice to be able to work in the A.C. Plenty of resource and other employess to help insure you always have someone to answer any questions you may have
Comfortable easy going great people
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCJune 7, 2017
Note taker for disabled students who couldn't keep up in class. It was a learning experience. Enjoyable , heartfelt job to know I could be of service to others
Pros
You learn new things in different classes without paying
Cons
Some classes get cancelled you couldn't get paid
What I learned
Minority Male Mentoring Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 30, 2017
What I learned from working has Pitt was how to properly create deadlines for myself to accomplish work. Also I learned about the work culture and how to carry yourself as a young man as professional and as someone that should be taken serious
Relaxed and Stress free
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCMay 23, 2017
Working in the counseling offices was a dream. Management was always kind and supportive. If you don't have strong problem solving or communication skills this is not the job for you.
Fun and Professional
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 22, 2017
This job was fun and professional. As well as competitive to get. This job requires transportation to and from work. It also requires you to look professional and help co-workers and students as needed.