Pittsburgh Pirates Employee Reviews

Great place
Athletic Training Internship (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 17, 2019
I felt right in my element with the sarcastic, competitive, and helpful sports medicine staff. I would love to work for them again and recommend it to friends/colleagues.
Pros
Free food, good people, teaching environment
Cons
Long hours, communication barrier (spanish)
It was a great atmosphere
Event Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 13, 2019
The job had a great environment, friendly customers and staff. The typical day at the job was very fast pace and exciting. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the game.
Fun
Consessions (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 8, 2019
It’s a fun place to work. Have worked with some really good people. Spring training is very fast paced. Our goal is to wait on customers quickly so that they can enjoy the game.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Sometimes the heat outside
Great Experience
Professional Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  Many CitiesJanuary 28, 2019
Great learning experience, although extremely stressful as you could lose your job at anytime, no free time as you only get 2 days off a month, terrible hours
Pros
Great food, keeps you in shape if you’re a player, facilities are top of the line
Cons
Terrible hours, low pay, almost no days off so very difficult to have a social life
Fun place to be if you love baseball
Concessions Utility Person (Former Employee) –  LECOM ParkDecember 6, 2018
If you love baseball and being outdoors but you're too old to play this is a great job! Great people to work with. They all love baseball and the environment and helping people that are visiting the park.
Pros
the environment
Cons
hours/compensation unpredictable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 11, 2018
I would not be where I am today had it not been for the Pittsburgh Pirates. The training and management that was established and set up truly is the reason why I have been so successful.
Dream Job
Player (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 22, 2018
It was the best job I ever had, the most competitive people in the world. Injury derailed my career but, the overall experience was out of this world.
Pittsburgh Pirates Sales Ambassador
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 26, 2018
I enjoyed an experience as a sales ambassador for the Pittsburgh Pirates, I sold tickets to my fellow Seton Hill University for a series of games with direction of the Pittsburgh Pirates sales team. It was an entrepreneurial experience that taught me fundamental sales skills .
Prodcutive and fun work place
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 12, 2018
• Work with account executives on sales strategies for season ticket holders, group outings & suites, independently work on alternative marketing & promotional phases to raise awareness for upcoming events, make warm & cold calls to prospective clients, renewal of season ticket plans
Pittsburgh Pirates Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 29, 2018
Culture is lacking, but in a transition period. Team is also down which is hurting our business. Had a great culture but a lot of management left so it is rebuilding phase.
really good
Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Is a good company to work with. You have to be able to work in a busy environment. Hard to get a Full time position but once you get it you would have pretty good benefits.
Pros
free lunch and bonusses
Cons
hard to get a full time position
kind of lame
Internship (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 12, 2018
It was interesting helping with the pirates when in college. However the team sucks, and the fans know it. Very hard to get excited about this organization
We are part of the team.
Gameday Security (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 20, 2017
Working security can go from relaxed to hectic in a split second, especially when working for a major league team. I enjoy the opportunity to meet and interact with all kinds of people, and you will do that here. Visiting team fans are very prevalent at games and we all enjoy poking fun at them, while welcoming them to the stadium. There is a great spirit of cooperation amongst colleagues and we look to help everyone in need. A good work environment starts at the time (as everything does), and disseminates to every aspect of this job. You will feel like you are part of the team; you are not invisible. Almost everyone of your coworkers that you pass, will most likely say smile and say hello, including players and managers. If you want a feel good place to work in Pittsburgh, this is it!
Pros
You may get to see the game, competitive pay, friendly environment, monthly awards and recognition.
Cons
Lots of time on your feet, always subjected to the weather, short breaks.
great place to work
usher (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 28, 2017
good people, good place, fun job, all the supervisors were great to work with and pretty easy going .great job if your looking for just a fill in job you get a lot of days off when their not at home.
Minor League Life
Minor League Baseball Player (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 25, 2017
The days are long, the bus trips are even longer. Nothing is given to you until you make it to the Big Leagues. You have to grind everyday just to not get released.
Pros
Perdiam
Cons
You get paid under minimum wage
Awesome
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2017
I got to come in and see my coworkers and share some laughs before starting. Preparing for the gates to open for the fans to enter. Getting to know the staff form the other departments in the ballpark.
Good organization striving to build a championship culture
Scouting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AL, MS, LAAugust 9, 2017
This is a top rate organization who internally takes care of their employees, and externally works to build a championship organization. There was a high level of travel met with great satisfaction when goals were hit.
A fun place to work with great friends and co workers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2017
Get to the ball park and clock in. Head up to security office and get assigned the gate you will be working and then go to briefing and then go to your gate and begin the day.
Pros
Relaxed work place
Cons
Short breaks
fun work place
Game day security (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 5, 2017
I started working for the Pittsburgh Pirates when my daughter was 8 months old. It was a seasonal job so there was no health benefits offered. This job I really enjoyed because I enjoy baseball and have a criminal justice background. This job was on the days that the Pirates had home games. It was a good atmosphere to be in.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
seasonal
A great job.
Game day security (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2017
Jobs is simple. Make sure no one breaks the rules and your office is the best ballpark in American. You also get a food/merch/and ticket discount for working there.