Pittsburgh Pirates Employee Reviews

Pittsburgh Pirates Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 29, 2018
Culture is lacking, but in a transition period. Team is also down which is hurting our business. Had a great culture but a lot of management left so it is rebuilding phase.
really good
Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Is a good company to work with. You have to be able to work in a busy environment. Hard to get a Full time position but once you get it you would have pretty good benefits.
Pros
free lunch and bonusses
Cons
hard to get a full time position
kind of lame
Internship (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 12, 2018
It was interesting helping with the pirates when in college. However the team sucks, and the fans know it. Very hard to get excited about this organization
We are part of the team.
Gameday Security (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 20, 2017
Working security can go from relaxed to hectic in a split second, especially when working for a major league team. I enjoy the opportunity to meet and interact with all kinds of people, and you will do that here. Visiting team fans are very prevalent at games and we all enjoy poking fun at them, while welcoming them to the stadium. There is a great spirit of cooperation amongst colleagues and we look to help everyone in need. A good work environment starts at the time (as everything does), and disseminates to every aspect of this job. You will feel like you are part of the team; you are not invisible. Almost everyone of your coworkers that you pass, will most likely say smile and say hello, including players and managers. If you want a feel good place to work in Pittsburgh, this is it!
Pros
You may get to see the game, competitive pay, friendly environment, monthly awards and recognition.
Cons
Lots of time on your feet, always subjected to the weather, short breaks.
Minor League Life
Minor League Baseball Player (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 25, 2017
The days are long, the bus trips are even longer. Nothing is given to you until you make it to the Big Leagues. You have to grind everyday just to not get released.
Pros
Perdiam
Cons
You get paid under minimum wage
Awesome
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2017
I got to come in and see my coworkers and share some laughs before starting. Preparing for the gates to open for the fans to enter. Getting to know the staff form the other departments in the ballpark.
Good organization striving to build a championship culture
Scouting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AL, MS, LAAugust 9, 2017
This is a top rate organization who internally takes care of their employees, and externally works to build a championship organization. There was a high level of travel met with great satisfaction when goals were hit.
A fun place to work with great friends and co workers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2017
Get to the ball park and clock in. Head up to security office and get assigned the gate you will be working and then go to briefing and then go to your gate and begin the day.
Pros
Relaxed work place
Cons
Short breaks
fun work place
Game day security (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 5, 2017
I started working for the Pittsburgh Pirates when my daughter was 8 months old. It was a seasonal job so there was no health benefits offered. This job I really enjoyed because I enjoy baseball and have a criminal justice background. This job was on the days that the Pirates had home games. It was a good atmosphere to be in.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
seasonal
A great job.
Game day security (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2017
Jobs is simple. Make sure no one breaks the rules and your office is the best ballpark in American. You also get a food/merch/and ticket discount for working there.
4 years part-time position
Concessions-Part-time Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 28, 2017
The management that started in Spring of 2016 and wanted their own crew...
Most of us in our department became a family working together for 4+ years together or more. We were a well oiled machine of highly dedicated, Hard-working (under allot of pressure at times), fun, customer service based Employees... New management didn't give anyone a modicum of respect, supervisors or employees..
I couldn't have worked with a better crew for a part-time, low paying, fun, 2nd job..
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
no respect from management
beautiful field with amazing views, but poor management
Dugout Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 26, 2017
the management for the overnight cleaners was very poor. items needed to complete the job would go missing with no clear way to track it down. when management did help, the task of finding the supplies was more daunting than the actually task of cleaning. and the pay i was receiving wasn't worth all the work that goes into cleaning the dugouts at all. on top of that, i have to pay to park my car when i worked.
Pros
working at pnc park
Cons
management
productive work place
Concession Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time as a concession stand supervisor. the job was very demanding and time consuming. My skills as a supervisor were greatly in creased due to the diversity in my staff.
Pros
being part of ther Pirates family
Cons
no being able to see many games
Worked from Philadelphia
Baseball Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 8, 2017
Assisted scouting and baseball staff from Philadelphia while completing my degree. By creating draft databases and researching high school and college prospects while finishing my degree from Philadelphia, I was able to learn about database management, research and development, and time management.
Great Place to work
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 17, 2017
Everyone here is very happy and upbeat. Its an excellent community to be a part of. They teach you everything you need to know and couldn't be nicer.
Provided stadium security during MLB baseball games
MLB Security Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 13, 2017
Provided stadium security during MLB baseball games through crowd control, preventing ticket holders from brining in dangerous objects/contraband along with both identifying and reporting unruly behavior. Assisted setup and breakdown during weddings and corporate events.
Day-to-day Operations
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 9, 2017
The environment was amazing! I learned so much in my short time there as a temp that it has made me want to pursue Human Resources as my career job.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Was a Temp
Good work environment
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 19, 2016
Good people, with good mission. Work was fun and different every day. Good to work with people from all around. Good employees.
Welcoming and energetic atmosphere
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 9, 2016
Working with the Pittsburgh Pirates has allowed for some fantastic learning experiences over the past two years. The co-workers are welcoming and always willing to help you out because once hired, you are a part of a family.
Great environment and friendly people with great management and customer service
Security (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 6, 2016
I enjoyed working security for the Pittsburgh Pirates for the past three summers. I met a lot of good people and I learned a lot about good customer service as well as being aware of my surroundings to keep people safe and enjoy their experience at Pirate games.
Pros
Friendly people, good management, good learning experience
Cons
Distance, hours