Pittsburgh Technical College

Pittsburgh Technical College Employee Reviews

Much Knowledge Learned
Great supportive team environment. Engineers always willing to guide and coach. Deskside and phone triage opportunites. Flexible scheduling and great place to work.
Official response from Pittsburgh Technical College
November 10, 2019
I am glad you enjoyed working for PTC . Thank you for your service.
Pittsburgh Technical College
In the Intramural Activities Department, I worked with my supervisor with creating activities for the college students to do throughout the year. I was able to learn from this job to be more of a leader. The hardest part of this job would have to be dealing with the college students who don't follow the rules and regulations for the activities we created for them. I overall felt that I became more of a team leader from my experiences at this job, and improved my customer service skills.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Not for Student Workers
A typical day includes being given busy work. You do nothing productive, mind you i was a Student Worker. The actual employees had a fun time together and had a lot of leisure time.
Good ethical organization
good people. above board ethically very generous to students. very involved in community services. typically things were and are done right there. they have high standards.
Pros
will work with you if you have a family crisis
Cons
Teachers are eager to help
As someone new starting out, you will have a network of teachers who will work with you to set you up for success. I found them to be helpful as a new adjunct just starting out.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Great place to work for!
All nursing faculty is very helpful in making sure that you are successful in your role as an educator. I have had wonderful mentorship there. The campus is also very small and inviting.
Quite and productive workplace
I enjoyed working for Pittsburgh Technical College as a tutor. It allowed me to help other students advance academically by teaching kinesiology and other subjects such as anatomy and physiology 1 and 2.
Pros
I was able to watch other students advance in classes they struggled in
Being involved with the school activities
A typical day would be helping out students no matter what situation it was. I learned how to handle certain incidents and do it in a professional way. I enjoyed doing student activities and helping the students while I worked. A bonus I worked in the building I lived in so I did not have to travel.
Pros
Residency
Cons
Unexpected events
Fast paced
Consistent working have to adjust to the way they want you to do things. No one left behind all employees stick together in a strong work environment.
Student Activities
A typical day at work for being a student worker for student activities at Pittsburgh Technical College was setting up events for students to participate in such as; Family Feud, Jeopardy, The Price Is Right, Poker, etc. We also refereed intramural sports like flag football, soccer, softball, volleyball, and basketball.
Pros
Excellent culture
Cons
Not enough work hours
Productive and Fun Workplace
As a student worker I was only obligated to work 20 hours a week. During the brake I could work as any hours as I would like. It was very relaxed and my supervisors where extremely lenient with my schedule at school, and activities outside of school.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Wage
Great Place
Worked as an intern, good hours, good flexibility, decent pay for an intern.

Workload easy to handle while still in school.

Homework and projects always came first.

Real world experience working with outside partners.
Gave me a great start into Information Technology
As someone that was pursuing education here and working in their IT department it was very convenient and I really enjoyed my time there.I got the hands on experience I needed to get out into the IT world.
A great place to work, I enjoyed my time there, I met so many wonderful people and the atmosphere was great, I lived in a small town (Beaver Fall Pa) one hour from down town Pittsburgh Pa
Pros
Small town and everybody knew each other
Cons
none at all
Student centric culture
Focuses on student learning; however attrition over-reaches quality education.

Not considerate of faculty needs related to time to prepare coursework
Pros
Student focused culture
Cons
Non-faculty supportive culture
Very professional
The public safety team at Pittsburgh Technical College is one of the greatest security groups I have ever had the privilege of working with. Great people with a great professional manner.
Very fun and a lot of learning experience
Very nice people to work with and a wonderful work flow and work place. You learn something new everyday when working there as well. You can never have a bad day there.
Looks can be deceiving
PTC is a great place to work! Upper management is always open and willing to help. Offers great insight and feedback when teaching classes. Reviews. Overall, such a collaborative and supportive company to be a part of!
Pros
Management, support, pay
Cons
Massage school lacking interest. (Not company’s fault).
Sports Official
For a full time student at Pittsburgh Technical College, it was a great place to work part time to earn a few dollars on the side. Management was fantastic.
Fun and a great way to get students involved intramuruals
It is a very good place to work, but it can only pay minimum wage. If you have no means of transportation and you live on campus I highly recommend working here. The staff our very friendly people and will good you through any trouble you are having.If you have an emergency they are very understanding. All around a good place to work.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
minimum wage
Excellent work environment
I worked as a Help Desk Technician at Pittsburgh Technical College. This position allowed me to see what the world of IT was like. Working with my colleagues in the NOC really opened my eyes to new opportunities. Such a great experience.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pittsburgh Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3