Pivot Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Relaxed environment
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCAugust 1, 2018
This place was much too slow paced for me. I enjoy being busy and productive. The management was great and very accommodating to personal needs. I just usually felt bored at work. There was not room to move up in the company and I slowly lost interest.
Pros
Meeting new people and interacting with patients
Cons
no breaks and not much growth opportunity
If I could give negative stars I would
Athletic trainer (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 19, 2018
This company is an absolute joke. All they care about is a profit. They don’t care about the loyal people working for them for years and years. When you ask for a raise the complete run around. However, when you do get that 1% raise they make you feel like they just gave you Narnia. Managers are completely witchy and micromanage every little thing that you do. They break laws and don’t care. Do you have an incentive plan that you must jump through several hoops to even get.
Pros
Air
Official response from Pivot Physical Therapy
August 7, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. As you’d imagine, we are disappointed to read your comments and wish to address your concerns.

Regarding your feedback on compensation, we want to assure you that we are committed to regularly reviewing employee performance and awarding raises and bonuses in accordance with employee performance. ATs are evaluated at several points throughout the year by various people to get a clear understanding of their overall performance. This includes seasonally by coaching staff and ADs at their school; and annually by the Regional Coordinator and other leadership staff. Additionally, bonuses are awarded to those employees who continuously exceed expectations by going above and beyond.

We highly value our employees and strive for their optimum satisfaction. If you have further questions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources department HR@PivotHS.com

Thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely,
Director of Human Resources

(Work pro occupational health)
ANONYMOUS (Current Employee) –  DelawareJuly 2, 2018
horrible company to work for. horrible management.
no raises. no bonuses. pay is horrible for all that we do. if this company wants to keep its employees they should really figure something out quick. more then 10 people want to leave this company RIGHT now.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
No incentives, poor management, corporate doesn't listen
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  WV, MD, VA AreaJune 29, 2018
Front office coordinators were told that we were not getting annual raises anymore. That was after management and the physical therapists received huge raises. Management genuinely DOES NOT care about any problems or stressors in the work place. They only care about themselves and their paycheck. Corporate doesn't care either since they are the ones who said that the front offices weren't good enough for an annual raise. They pack so many patients into the clinic at one time. Patient care is NOT a priority. I do not recommend this company.
Pros
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, no annual raises, no patient care
Fast paced productive small clinic
Director of Physical Therapy (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DEJune 29, 2018
Managing staff members in a busy clinic.
Budgeting, billing, provided a variety of PT services

I did not like the area, and managing people in a small and busy outpatient clinic is very challenging.
Great company for new grads
Director (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJune 16, 2018
The company is a terrific starting point for newly-graduated physical therapists and occupational therapists. The employees I led were very knowledgeable.
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 14, 2018
I worked for this company nearly 2 years without a 15min break or lunch break. My commute everyday was not worth the pay. There are part time employees who get paid more than full time employees. They expect you to go above and beyond with little to no recognition. I’ve been transferred 3 times and the last location was my breaking point.
Horrible managment/no incentives
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 7, 2018
I worked for Pivot for a little less than a year, but from the start of my job to how it is now has changed drastically (management wise). It seems like management really does not care that much about the people beneath them and expect more out of us without any pay raises or incentives within the company.
There definitely is favoritism from the regional manager that I had and if she did not like you, then pretty much she was going to reprimand you for any little thing that you did "wrong".
Benefits are expensive for a corporate company and at the beginning of the benefit period there was an increase in costs for benefits. I initially thought this was a pretty great company to work for, but clearly it is not. Corporate really needs to fix these issues, but I do not think they really care about their employees.
Pros
Great clinic director/therapists
Cons
poor managment, insufficient pay, no pay raises/bonuses, costly benefits
hard working staff
CLINICAL DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJune 5, 2018
I am new to the company but so far the educational opportunities are outstanding and the support from management is fantastic. They have a great culture and everyone likes and supports the company.
Great Start. Great People. Loving environment
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DelawareJune 4, 2018
Great place.Managers honestly care about their staff and their needs. Very honest with you and promote your growth in your career. Have to earn vacation time, the hours per pay check is not a lot. Flexible however with time you may need off and making it up.
Fun, friendly
Technician (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 19, 2018
A typical day would include getting a patient signed in into the computer, getting their exercises set up for them. Conversing with the patients. Teaching them new exercises to perform. The hardest part was learning all the muscles and bones, and the easiest part was everything else.
Physical Therapist Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDMay 12, 2018
I was only an intern here, but I had the same tasks as the Physical therapy Aides, yet was not paid. I would go back and apply for a job as an Aide when the time is right.
Great People/ Bad Business
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 26, 2018
The group of people I work with are great, supportive, enjoyable and hard working.
Recently our Tech hours were cut with a week notice and put a bad taste in my mouth with the company.
From working full time and almost a year approaching still have not received a raise. Now working less hours and have to travel to make up some of my hours and still no raise.
What I thought was a great job and promising future turned into turmoil.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Overall Company operation
Great work environment...outpatient compensation
Clinic Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2018
Growing Company, lots of room for advancement. You typically see two patient's an hour for half of the day and the rest of the time are single booked. No PTA's, but have techs.
No Management
Medical Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDApril 23, 2018
I worked in Westminster Md Billing for 5 months, in those 5 months there’s was one day training lack of management. When you needed help you had to ask coworkers because the manager never knew what she was doing. Working 12 hr days plus weekends the pay wasn’t worth it when other people was making more money than you & you was working like a dog & they wasn’t. Stay away from this company no management here & if you do go they will tell everyone what you talked about.
Fast Paced
Physical Therapy Tech (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAApril 19, 2018
Love the company and the people I work with. would recommend this job to others. Great learning experience. Will work around school schedule.or other requirements.
Great
Front Desk Coordinator, RDU Area (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 9, 2018
Pivot is a great place to work if you want to feel appreciated for your efforts. Pivot is constantly evolving as we continue in growth mode and it is because of this that the work environment feels like a start up! I have been out of college for close to 10 years and for the first time in my career, I feel like my input is truly valued.
Wonderful coworkers
PT Technician (Current Employee) –  Montrose, PAApril 4, 2018
My coworkers are wonderful but the company is hard to work with. Medical insurance is too expensive and the plan isn't great coverage for working in the healthcare field. They don't have annual raises and they tend to take back something they say they will do and then change their minds. Our patients are awesome people and the location is great.
Most stressful year of my life
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 29, 2018
Worst company to work for. I was with a previous company before it merged with pivot last year. We were told nothing would change, we wouldn’t notice any changes, minor things here and there. Everything changed! I went through 3 supervisors in the 2.5 years I worked for these companies because everyone wanted to leave for better opportunity including myself. We were told we would get 401k matches, never happened. Our Christmas bonuses were taken away. No more company banquets. No more patient care. My own relative was a patient and left because they weren’t getting the care they asked for multiple times. I also had an issues with a supervisor and coworker and sent an email to corporate and they never emailed me or contacted me to follow up. I couldn’t get out of that place fast enough. None of the supervisors or managers communicate with each other. We would get 5 emails about our wardrobe each one contradicting the other. Or one boss would tell us one thing and two days later it’s a completely different story from a different boss. Way too many mouths. So exhausting. Pivot also fired so many people that were with the previous company for years and years. Most without warning. They should have focused on employee appreciation and patient care and less on the all mighty dollar. Super cheap company and I’m way happier not being there.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Health ins, lack of management, no patient care, everything
Official response from Pivot Physical Therapy
April 3, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. As you’d imagine, we regret you feel this way about your time with us.

We want to assure you, we focus every day on patient care — helping our patients recover to become their best physical selves — and employee satisfaction. We are proud to have patients who consistently give us top ratings, though we recognize that we may always have room to improve. We will certainly take your comments to heart.

We regret, too, that we didn’t get a chance to connect with you through the corporate office. Hearing from our front line team members is always important, and we’re confident that your experience would have met your expectations if we’d been able to talk directly.

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Thank you again for the comments.

Sincerely,

Pivot Physical Therapy Management Team

Quick pace and fun
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Easton, MDMarch 23, 2018
•Typical day at is good
•I have learned alot about different surgeris
•management is ok
•The most enjoyable at my job is the patients and when I have help them get though their surgery
Pros
Work with good people
Cons
Short breaks