Pivot Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Company does not care about techs
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 15, 2018
Everyone I worked with were wonderful and this review is nothing negative about them. Corporate on the other hand completely disregarded the loyalty and hardwork that the techs perform on a daily basis. Pay was never very competitive, however when I started I was full time with benefits. A month ago we got an email stating at we would all be cut to part time and lose all benefits. This move is just another example of the company caring solely about the bottom line, with no regard to patient care. It’s a shame that the company would not want hardworking young people to stay with the company as they seek to advance to becoming PTs or PTAs. I know I will not work here once I finish my degree.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Corporate culture
August 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback – we greatly appreciate it. After much research, we found the vast majority of our clinics tend to be the busiest during the early morning and late afternoon/early evening (before and after work). For that reason, we’re increasing the Tech staff to ensure we have ample support for our patients in the early morning and later in the day. Because we need to split the shift, we are hiring additional part-time Tech support and reducing the number of full-time Tech support. This decision was made after careful thought and with our continued focus on how to best serve our patients as they recover and return to their daily activities. We would be delighted to discuss this with you further and encourage you to reach out to Human Resources. HR@PivotHS.com

Awful Awful place to work (past employee)
tech (Former Employee) –  vaAugust 15, 2018
They do not care one bit about the techs at all. Management doesn’t even know who you are, trust me I worked there for 3 years. They would come by and literally act like you were nothings, no engagement, hello, nothing. They preach excellent business/customer service hahahahah. Also they cut dedicated employees hours in 1/2 and even 3/4 with no heads up or anything. Honestly I don’t recommend this job to anyone, and I’m being completely truthful. Please apply to other pt places before you even think about working here (desperately).
Pros
Literally Nothing
Cons
Too many to list
August 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. As you would imagine, we are disappointed to get this feedback.

We take your comments very seriously. We want you to know that we strive to provide the very best work experience for all our employees, and will share your feedback with our management team. If you have further questions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources department HR@PivotHS.com

Thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely,
Director of Human Resources

A nice environment to be at while working
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCAugust 14, 2018
A very nice place to work- Co-workers are very nice- nice quiet place.
I like to socialize and at my job I do with the clients, I do my job and no one bothers me as I do not bother any one else.I know what I have to do.
Pros
good quiet place to work for
Cons
no benefits for part-time employees
Relaxed environment
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCAugust 1, 2018
This place was much too slow paced for me. I enjoy being busy and productive. The management was great and very accommodating to personal needs. I just usually felt bored at work. There was not room to move up in the company and I slowly lost interest.
Pros
Meeting new people and interacting with patients
Cons
no breaks and not much growth opportunity
If I could give negative stars I would
Athletic trainer (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 19, 2018
This company is an absolute joke. All they care about is a profit. They don’t care about the loyal people working for them for years and years. When you ask for a raise the complete run around. However, when you do get that 1% raise they make you feel like they just gave you Narnia. Managers are completely witchy and micromanage every little thing that you do. They break laws and don’t care. Do you have an incentive plan that you must jump through several hoops to even get.
Pros
Air
August 7, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. As you’d imagine, we are disappointed to read your comments and wish to address your concerns.

Regarding your feedback on compensation, we want to assure you that we are committed to regularly reviewing employee performance and awarding raises and bonuses in accordance with employee performance. ATs are evaluated at several points throughout the year by various people to get a clear understanding of their overall performance. This includes seasonally by coaching staff and ADs at their school; and annually by the Regional Coordinator and other leadership staff. Additionally, bonuses are awarded to those employees who continuously exceed expectations by going above and beyond.

We highly value our employees and strive for their optimum satisfaction. If you have further questions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources department HR@PivotHS.com

Thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely,
Director of Human Resources

(Work pro occupational health)
ANONYMOUS (Current Employee) –  DelawareJuly 2, 2018
horrible company to work for. horrible management.
no raises. no bonuses. pay is horrible for all that we do. if this company wants to keep its employees they should really figure something out quick. more then 10 people want to leave this company RIGHT now.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
No incentives, poor management, corporate doesn't listen
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  WV, MD, VA AreaJune 29, 2018
Front office coordinators were told that we were not getting annual raises anymore. That was after management and the physical therapists received huge raises. Management genuinely DOES NOT care about any problems or stressors in the work place. They only care about themselves and their paycheck. Corporate doesn't care either since they are the ones who said that the front offices weren't good enough for an annual raise. They pack so many patients into the clinic at one time. Patient care is NOT a priority. I do not recommend this company.
Pros
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, no annual raises, no patient care
Fast paced productive small clinic
Director of Physical Therapy (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DEJune 29, 2018
Managing staff members in a busy clinic.
Budgeting, billing, provided a variety of PT services

I did not like the area, and managing people in a small and busy outpatient clinic is very challenging.
Great company for new grads
Director (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJune 16, 2018
The company is a terrific starting point for newly-graduated physical therapists and occupational therapists. The employees I led were very knowledgeable.
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 14, 2018
I worked for this company nearly 2 years without a 15min break or lunch break. My commute everyday was not worth the pay. There are part time employees who get paid more than full time employees. They expect you to go above and beyond with little to no recognition. I’ve been transferred 3 times and the last location was my breaking point.
Horrible managment/no incentives
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 7, 2018
I worked for Pivot for a little less than a year, but from the start of my job to how it is now has changed drastically (management wise). It seems like management really does not care that much about the people beneath them and expect more out of us without any pay raises or incentives within the company.
There definitely is favoritism from the regional manager that I had and if she did not like you, then pretty much she was going to reprimand you for any little thing that you did "wrong".
Benefits are expensive for a corporate company and at the beginning of the benefit period there was an increase in costs for benefits. I initially thought this was a pretty great company to work for, but clearly it is not. Corporate really needs to fix these issues, but I do not think they really care about their employees.
Pros
Great clinic director/therapists
Cons
poor managment, insufficient pay, no pay raises/bonuses, costly benefits
hard working staff
CLINICAL DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJune 5, 2018
I am new to the company but so far the educational opportunities are outstanding and the support from management is fantastic. They have a great culture and everyone likes and supports the company.
Great Start. Great People. Loving environment
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DelawareJune 4, 2018
Great place.Managers honestly care about their staff and their needs. Very honest with you and promote your growth in your career. Have to earn vacation time, the hours per pay check is not a lot. Flexible however with time you may need off and making it up.
Fun, friendly
Technician (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 19, 2018
A typical day would include getting a patient signed in into the computer, getting their exercises set up for them. Conversing with the patients. Teaching them new exercises to perform. The hardest part was learning all the muscles and bones, and the easiest part was everything else.
Physical Therapist Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDMay 12, 2018
I was only an intern here, but I had the same tasks as the Physical therapy Aides, yet was not paid. I would go back and apply for a job as an Aide when the time is right.
Great People/ Bad Business
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 26, 2018
The group of people I work with are great, supportive, enjoyable and hard working.
Recently our Tech hours were cut with a week notice and put a bad taste in my mouth with the company.
From working full time and almost a year approaching still have not received a raise. Now working less hours and have to travel to make up some of my hours and still no raise.
What I thought was a great job and promising future turned into turmoil.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Overall Company operation
Great work environment...outpatient compensation
Clinic Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2018
Growing Company, lots of room for advancement. You typically see two patient's an hour for half of the day and the rest of the time are single booked. No PTA's, but have techs.
No Management
Medical Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDApril 23, 2018
I worked in Westminster Md Billing for 5 months, in those 5 months there’s was one day training lack of management. When you needed help you had to ask coworkers because the manager never knew what she was doing. Working 12 hr days plus weekends the pay wasn’t worth it when other people was making more money than you & you was working like a dog & they wasn’t. Stay away from this company no management here & if you do go they will tell everyone what you talked about.
Fast Paced
Physical Therapy Tech (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAApril 19, 2018
Love the company and the people I work with. would recommend this job to others. Great learning experience. Will work around school schedule.or other requirements.
Great
Front Desk Coordinator, RDU Area (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 9, 2018
Pivot is a great place to work if you want to feel appreciated for your efforts. Pivot is constantly evolving as we continue in growth mode and it is because of this that the work environment feels like a start up! I have been out of college for close to 10 years and for the first time in my career, I feel like my input is truly valued.