Pivot Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Not much different than any other outpatient place
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 12, 2019
It was a pretty standard outpatient position. It wasn't great but wasn't bad, if they moved me to another clinic it wouldn't have. Clinic required 2 nights, 2 mornings and was well run. Management was accessible and helpful. It's a good place for new grads, they do put resources toward developing you. Benefits were competitive with other large PT organizations. I left for personal reasons unrelated to the company or the clinic I was in.
Pros
Pretty much the same as any other outpatient job.
Cons
Growing rapidly leads to some disorganization
Foc
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eldersburg, MD 21784February 6, 2019
Horrible company to work for, they over work you and they are only out to make money.
The take advantage of patients and staff is called out whemn they have done nothing wrong.
Official response from Pivot Physical Therapy
February 15, 2019

We apologize that you didn’t enjoy working here and wish you the best in your future pursuits.

Excellent learning environment
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, PAFebruary 6, 2019
One of my outpatient affiliations as a student physical therapist was at Pivot PT in Dallas, PA. I was able to learn hands-on in the clinic and develop professional skills that I will take with me throughout my career.
It was a fun working environment, I learned and had a chance to meet new people everyday.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 27, 2019
Pivot was a great learning experience. I worked with amazing people and had fun doing it. I went into work excited todo my job and help others. I loved working with the patients and my coworkers.
Not a good place to work.
Physical Therapy Assistant, Per diem position (Current Employee) –  Montrose, PAJanuary 23, 2019
Company worried about their profits; lousy compensation for employees, nor did management listen to employees needs/ wants.
Harried work schedule, often double or triple booking patients!
Not enough one-on-one allotted for patients.
Fun workplace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 19, 2019
It was a fast pace environment, the coworkers would help any chance they got. The clientele were always really nice. I learned a lot of exercises, and the management was very understanding. The hardest part about the job was learning all of the modifications for the exercises. The most enjoyable part was actually getting to know one of the patients, or talking to one of my coworkers about what they wanted to do that weekend.
There is a reason why there are many tech job openings
PT tech (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 19, 2019
The staff I worked with was very upbeat and friendly. However, I was poorly trained and a lot was expected of me. Having four hours to shadow a tech and being expected to know most of the exercises while handling multiple patients at the same time doesn't make sense if patients are the priority. The PTs were trying to be helpful to teach me as much as they can, but when they have multiple patients to treat at the same time as well, there is rarely time. There is a set salary for all locations, which does not make sense because there is a big difference between earning the same amount in DC and in Richmond. There are no benefits for techs as well or any opportunities to grow in the workplace.
Work somewhere else
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 15, 2018
The company culture at Pivot is lacking along with poor benefits leads to a poor retention rate. They hire a large number of new grads who typically move on before reaching their 18 month anniversary with the company. They do not offer the standard 2 education days per year for therapists and do not provide 401k matching. Most clinics in the DC area work two 12 hour days, two 5 hour days and one 8 hour day, which leaves scheduling for personal life difficult. Many clinics are described as a revolving door of clinicians and many new grads who make it to their 18th month with the company are then promoted to CD due to lack of talent pool in the company. The workplace culture I would say is by far the most unpleasant part of the job and teamwork is not something that is promoted or cultivated between front office staff and clinicians.
Pros
Location and patient population
Cons
Benefits, culture, management
Terrible
Scheduling center (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 11, 2018
Most terrible job i ever had in my life!!! The manager is like K9 swat on you 24/7. She is far one of the most worst boss i have ever had in my life. I wouldnt recommend anyone to work for this company. Dont waste your time.
Nice workplace
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 9, 2018
A typical day at work would be greeting patients, scheduling patient appointments and handling patient referrals from various doctors' offices. The hardest part of the job is time management. You are alone for part of the day and it gets very busy. Being able to manage your time while on shift will make it much easier.
Pros
Free lunch, down time here and there
Cons
Benefits and PTO
Friendly and encouraging environment
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 5, 2018
My coworkers made this job fun and beneficial. It was a good culture and environment, even though there was much turnover at my time there, the upper management staff made this job a successful one with encouragement and critiquing.
Pros
challenging and exciting job and environment
Cons
No real room for advancement
Poor management and support
Physician and Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 28, 2018
Poor management; playing favorites. Talk about support with no follow up. Company opening new locations with poor plans in place. No appreciation for employee dedication
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of support; management
Great Company
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 27, 2018
I have been with Pivot for years and love the company. I worked here as an office coordinator and a tech while I was in college part time. When I graduated I left Pivot to work for a big hospital system that had full time hours for me. I worked there for about a year but the second that Pivot had a full time position for me in the area I wanted to be in I came back! The benefits I have through Pivot are even better than the benefits I had through a big hospital system and my Clinic director, area manager, and regional manager are amazing!
Pros
Benefits package, company is growing
Tech
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VANovember 12, 2018
So here's the negative: Usually there were lots of patients and most of the therapists were double or even triple booked every hour. Patient care was poorly affected by it but most of the patients were understanding. The Techs there were unhappy with the company because Pivot cut benefits and reduced hours. The worst part of the job is the poor management. I received little feedback so I had no idea what the expectations were. The patients really appreciated me for what I did for them and it's a good feeling to have. Overall I feel unhappy with the position I held because I worked very hard and when I finally did receive the feedback, it was negative. Sometimes you just don't fit in with particular people and the expectations aren't communicated correctly.
The best part of the job is being in a positive place where people are getting better. You truly start to cope with things better just because you work in such a stable positive place. The positivity is contagious and I learned a lot as far as life philosophies go. I learned that in life you have to take things day by day, just like the patients do. The happiest patients don't worry too much about the future (within limits). You also meet a lot of remarkable people and they will forever change you. That's also why I'm ending on a positive note. Even though this job was short lived, there's still better out there for me and I know that I have a lot to give to the world.
Pros
Good hours for moms and wives who have their husband's health insurance to live off of
Cons
No benefits
Terrible Company go work for. RUN!!!!
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 7, 2018
I worked for this company for over two years and they were truly one of the worst jobs I had.
Management only cares about management.
Bad or no Raises
No advancement
Benefits are terrible-Very expensive especially if you have any dependents
No Bonues- Only upper management gets the big bonues. Very sad.
Management will just lie to you.
There are some employees that hold Mamagement title doesn’t know what they are doing.

I would NEVER GO BACK THERE.
If you are looking for career advancement and stability, this is certainly not the company. Trust me. Management only cares about management. Not the employees who perform the day to day operations.
There are also management level employees who just hire their friends/family.
There’s no real training as well.
Pros
Some good employees that run the day to day operations.
Cons
Barely there raises, benefits are expensive, management made up of liars, no career advancement, oh there are so many more.
Official response from Pivot Physical Therapy
November 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please know we take your opinions seriously and regret that your professional expectations were not met during your employment with Pivot. As a growing company, our employees are always our highest priority. We will consider your feedback as we continually improve our efforts to make Pivot a great place to work.

Pivot when ot was tidewater physical therapy
Front offi e coordinator (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 26, 2018
The people that I worked with were great but there was never room for advancement or a raise. It's a good starter job but unless you're looking to be a therapist it might not be the place for you.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
No raises pr promotions
Collaborative Environment would have been nice
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 24, 2018
But, 45 minutes one on one with patients is hard to beat. So, at the very least the quality of care I was able to give my patients was superior to other places that would have required me to see multiple patients at one time.
Stressful
CSR (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 23, 2018
Manager plays favorites, micromanages and treat employees like children. Concerns are never addressed. Extremely low pay. Most coworkers are friendly, a few like to brown nose.
Pros
Free therapy services for employees when it's needed
Cons
short breaks, low pay, expensive healthcare
Enjoyable place to work
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDOctober 16, 2018
Supervisor is caring and supportive. I am learning about the role of a physical therapist and working in a team. I wish I had more opportunities to provide direct services to patients.
Work day includes customer and client services, scheduling, payments, and prepping patients.
Aid job to do little easy work for therapists.
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DESeptember 25, 2018
The job I took was to work as an aide while I continue to search for a physical therapist assistant job as a new graduate with my associates degree from Delaware Technical Community College.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pivot Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.