Pivot Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Nice workplace
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 9, 2018
A typical day at work would be greeting patients, scheduling patient appointments and handling patient referrals from various doctors' offices. The hardest part of the job is time management. You are alone for part of the day and it gets very busy. Being able to manage your time while on shift will make it much easier.
Pros
Free lunch, down time here and there
Cons
Benefits and PTO
Friendly and encouraging environment
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 5, 2018
My coworkers made this job fun and beneficial. It was a good culture and environment, even though there was much turnover at my time there, the upper management staff made this job a successful one with encouragement and critiquing.
Pros
challenging and exciting job and environment
Cons
No real room for advancement
Poor management and support
Physician and Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 28, 2018
Poor management; playing favorites. Talk about support with no follow up. Company opening new locations with poor plans in place. No appreciation for employee dedication
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of support; management
Great Company
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 27, 2018
I have been with Pivot for years and love the company. I worked here as an office coordinator and a tech while I was in college part time. When I graduated I left Pivot to work for a big hospital system that had full time hours for me. I worked there for about a year but the second that Pivot had a full time position for me in the area I wanted to be in I came back! The benefits I have through Pivot are even better than the benefits I had through a big hospital system and my Clinic director, area manager, and regional manager are amazing!
Pros
Benefits package, company is growing
Tech
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VANovember 12, 2018
So here's the negative: Usually there were lots of patients and most of the therapists were double or even triple booked every hour. Patient care was poorly affected by it but most of the patients were understanding. The Techs there were unhappy with the company because Pivot cut benefits and reduced hours. The worst part of the job is the poor management. I received little feedback so I had no idea what the expectations were. The patients really appreciated me for what I did for them and it's a good feeling to have. Overall I feel unhappy with the position I held because I worked very hard and when I finally did receive the feedback, it was negative. Sometimes you just don't fit in with particular people and the expectations aren't communicated correctly.
The best part of the job is being in a positive place where people are getting better. You truly start to cope with things better just because you work in such a stable positive place. The positivity is contagious and I learned a lot as far as life philosophies go. I learned that in life you have to take things day by day, just like the patients do. The happiest patients don't worry too much about the future (within limits). You also meet a lot of remarkable people and they will forever change you. That's also why I'm ending on a positive note. Even though this job was short lived, there's still better out there for me and I know that I have a lot to give to the world.
Pros
Good hours for moms and wives who have their husband's health insurance to live off of
Cons
No benefits
Terrible Company go work for. RUN!!!!
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 7, 2018
I worked for this company for over two years and they were truly one of the worst jobs I had.
Management only cares about management.
Bad or no Raises
No advancement
Benefits are terrible-Very expensive especially if you have any dependents
No Bonues- Only upper management gets the big bonues. Very sad.
Management will just lie to you.
There are some employees that hold Mamagement title doesn’t know what they are doing.

I would NEVER GO BACK THERE.
If you are looking for career advancement and stability, this is certainly not the company. Trust me. Management only cares about management. Not the employees who perform the day to day operations.
There are also management level employees who just hire their friends/family.
There’s no real training as well.
Pros
Some good employees that run the day to day operations.
Cons
Barely there raises, benefits are expensive, management made up of liars, no career advancement, oh there are so many more.
November 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please know we take your opinions seriously and regret that your professional expectations were not met during your employment with Pivot. As a growing company, our employees are always our highest priority. We will consider your feedback as we continually improve our efforts to make Pivot a great place to work.

Pivot when ot was tidewater physical therapy
Front offi e coordinator (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 26, 2018
The people that I worked with were great but there was never room for advancement or a raise. It's a good starter job but unless you're looking to be a therapist it might not be the place for you.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
No raises pr promotions
Collaborative Environment would have been nice
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 24, 2018
But, 45 minutes one on one with patients is hard to beat. So, at the very least the quality of care I was able to give my patients was superior to other places that would have required me to see multiple patients at one time.
Stressful
CSR (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 23, 2018
Manager plays favorites, micromanages and treat employees like children. Concerns are never addressed. Extremely low pay. Most coworkers are friendly, a few like to brown nose.
Pros
Free therapy services for employees when it's needed
Cons
short breaks, low pay, expensive healthcare
Enjoyable place to work
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDOctober 16, 2018
Supervisor is caring and supportive. I am learning about the role of a physical therapist and working in a team. I wish I had more opportunities to provide direct services to patients.
Work day includes customer and client services, scheduling, payments, and prepping patients.
Aid job to do little easy work for therapists.
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DESeptember 25, 2018
The job I took was to work as an aide while I continue to search for a physical therapist assistant job as a new graduate with my associates degree from Delaware Technical Community College.
Good work environment
FRONT OFFICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VASeptember 25, 2018
Very stable environment if you're familiar in working in physical therapy. Working in the Northern Virginia area makes it a busier clinic but overall the staff and management are great.
Poor compensation for therapist and don’t believe bonus structure for clinic directors
Clinic Director (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 23, 2018
There is a lot of PT turn over. PTs do not get compensated well. Their bonus structure for clinic directors are a bit shady as there was no transparency on how bonus we’re paid out. Area manager at the time was a micromanager and didn’t know how evaluate objectively using metrics, etc.
Pros
You can learn how corporate PT business works
No comment
Patient Collector (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDSeptember 18, 2018
No comment, not saying anything bad...people you work with are great, they are always willing to help if you need help...they are also friendly & helpful...
hardworking group
Patient Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDSeptember 17, 2018
hardworking but overworked, atmosphere has a lot of tension and very stressful, lacks strong management & support for positive change toward set goals
Pros
location
Cons
compensation
Unappreciative/negative enviornment
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  VA, WVSeptember 16, 2018
This company values PT's more than any other support staff. Never regular reviews, rarely increase your pay (my pay increased $1.06 per hour after 4 years of dedicated service), management is demeaning and arrogant, no consistent updated training with new policies and insurance changes, no support staff available if you need to take time off, management is clicky and corporate simply never cares and never addresses any issues with management. Basically if you're not treating, they really do not care about you as long as you do not have any write-off's in your clinic. It's a dead end job with rude people so just don't do it. Patients are the best part of that job because they appreciate your help and what you do for them.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
Management, lack of corporate support, no pay increase, no job advancement
Positive Review
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2018
Pivot is a nice place to work. The staff here is wonderful and very pleasant. I would highly recommend this job to several people. The only downside to this company is the lack of a career ladder for the front office staff.
Company does not care about techs
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 15, 2018
Everyone I worked with were wonderful and this review is nothing negative about them. Corporate on the other hand completely disregarded the loyalty and hardwork that the techs perform on a daily basis. Pay was never very competitive, however when I started I was full time with benefits. A month ago we got an email stating at we would all be cut to part time and lose all benefits. This move is just another example of the company caring solely about the bottom line, with no regard to patient care. It’s a shame that the company would not want hardworking young people to stay with the company as they seek to advance to becoming PTs or PTAs. I know I will not work here once I finish my degree.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Corporate culture
August 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback – we greatly appreciate it. After much research, we found the vast majority of our clinics tend to be the busiest during the early morning and late afternoon/early evening (before and after work). For that reason, we’re increasing the Tech staff to ensure we have ample support for our patients in the early morning and later in the day. Because we need to split the shift, we are hiring additional part-time Tech support and reducing the number of full-time Tech support. This decision was made after careful thought and with our continued focus on how to best serve our patients as they recover and return to their daily activities. We would be delighted to discuss this with you further and encourage you to reach out to Human Resources. HR@PivotHS.com

Awful Awful place to work (past employee)
tech (Former Employee) –  vaAugust 15, 2018
They do not care one bit about the techs at all. Management doesn’t even know who you are, trust me I worked there for 3 years. They would come by and literally act like you were nothings, no engagement, hello, nothing. They preach excellent business/customer service hahahahah. Also they cut dedicated employees hours in 1/2 and even 3/4 with no heads up or anything. Honestly I don’t recommend this job to anyone, and I’m being completely truthful. Please apply to other pt places before you even think about working here (desperately).
Pros
Literally Nothing
Cons
Too many to list
August 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. As you would imagine, we are disappointed to get this feedback.

We take your comments very seriously. We want you to know that we strive to provide the very best work experience for all our employees, and will share your feedback with our management team. If you have further questions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources department HR@PivotHS.com

Thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely,
Director of Human Resources

A nice environment to be at while working
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCAugust 14, 2018
A very nice place to work- Co-workers are very nice- nice quiet place.
I like to socialize and at my job I do with the clients, I do my job and no one bothers me as I do not bother any one else.I know what I have to do.
Pros
good quiet place to work for
Cons
no benefits for part-time employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pivot Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about