Pivot Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDOctober 16, 2018
Supervisor is caring and supportive. I am learning about the role of a physical therapist and working in a team. I wish I had more opportunities to provide direct services to patients.
Work day includes customer and client services, scheduling, payments, and prepping patients.
Aid job to do little easy work for therapists.
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DESeptember 25, 2018
The job I took was to work as an aide while I continue to search for a physical therapist assistant job as a new graduate with my associates degree from Delaware Technical Community College.
Good work environment
FRONT OFFICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VASeptember 25, 2018
Very stable environment if you're familiar in working in physical therapy. Working in the Northern Virginia area makes it a busier clinic but overall the staff and management are great.
Poor compensation for therapist and don’t believe bonus structure for clinic directors
Clinic Director (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 23, 2018
There is a lot of PT turn over. PTs do not get compensated well. Their bonus structure for clinic directors are a bit shady as there was no transparency on how bonus we’re paid out. Area manager at the time was a micromanager and didn’t know how evaluate objectively using metrics, etc.
Pros
You can learn how corporate PT business works
No comment
Patient Collector (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDSeptember 18, 2018
No comment, not saying anything bad...people you work with are great, they are always willing to help if you need help...they are also friendly & helpful...
hardworking group
Patient Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDSeptember 17, 2018
hardworking but overworked, atmosphere has a lot of tension and very stressful, lacks strong management & support for positive change toward set goals
Pros
location
Cons
compensation
Unappreciative/negative enviornment
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  VA, WVSeptember 16, 2018
This company values PT's more than any other support staff. Never regular reviews, rarely increase your pay (my pay increased $1.06 per hour after 4 years of dedicated service), management is demeaning and arrogant, no consistent updated training with new policies and insurance changes, no support staff available if you need to take time off, management is clicky and corporate simply never cares and never addresses any issues with management. Basically if you're not treating, they really do not care about you as long as you do not have any write-off's in your clinic. It's a dead end job with rude people so just don't do it. Patients are the best part of that job because they appreciate your help and what you do for them.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
Management, lack of corporate support, no pay increase, no job advancement
Positive Review
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2018
Pivot is a nice place to work. The staff here is wonderful and very pleasant. I would highly recommend this job to several people. The only downside to this company is the lack of a career ladder for the front office staff.
Company does not care about techs
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 15, 2018
Everyone I worked with were wonderful and this review is nothing negative about them. Corporate on the other hand completely disregarded the loyalty and hardwork that the techs perform on a daily basis. Pay was never very competitive, however when I started I was full time with benefits. A month ago we got an email stating at we would all be cut to part time and lose all benefits. This move is just another example of the company caring solely about the bottom line, with no regard to patient care. It’s a shame that the company would not want hardworking young people to stay with the company as they seek to advance to becoming PTs or PTAs. I know I will not work here once I finish my degree.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Corporate culture
August 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback – we greatly appreciate it. After much research, we found the vast majority of our clinics tend to be the busiest during the early morning and late afternoon/early evening (before and after work). For that reason, we’re increasing the Tech staff to ensure we have ample support for our patients in the early morning and later in the day. Because we need to split the shift, we are hiring additional part-time Tech support and reducing the number of full-time Tech support. This decision was made after careful thought and with our continued focus on how to best serve our patients as they recover and return to their daily activities. We would be delighted to discuss this with you further and encourage you to reach out to Human Resources. HR@PivotHS.com

Awful Awful place to work (past employee)
tech (Former Employee) –  vaAugust 15, 2018
They do not care one bit about the techs at all. Management doesn’t even know who you are, trust me I worked there for 3 years. They would come by and literally act like you were nothings, no engagement, hello, nothing. They preach excellent business/customer service hahahahah. Also they cut dedicated employees hours in 1/2 and even 3/4 with no heads up or anything. Honestly I don’t recommend this job to anyone, and I’m being completely truthful. Please apply to other pt places before you even think about working here (desperately).
Pros
Literally Nothing
Cons
Too many to list
August 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. As you would imagine, we are disappointed to get this feedback.

We take your comments very seriously. We want you to know that we strive to provide the very best work experience for all our employees, and will share your feedback with our management team. If you have further questions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources department HR@PivotHS.com

Thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely,
Director of Human Resources

A nice environment to be at while working
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCAugust 14, 2018
A very nice place to work- Co-workers are very nice- nice quiet place.
I like to socialize and at my job I do with the clients, I do my job and no one bothers me as I do not bother any one else.I know what I have to do.
Pros
good quiet place to work for
Cons
no benefits for part-time employees
Relaxed environment
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCAugust 1, 2018
This place was much too slow paced for me. I enjoy being busy and productive. The management was great and very accommodating to personal needs. I just usually felt bored at work. There was not room to move up in the company and I slowly lost interest.
Pros
Meeting new people and interacting with patients
Cons
no breaks and not much growth opportunity
If I could give negative stars I would
Athletic trainer (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 19, 2018
This company is an absolute joke. All they care about is a profit. They don’t care about the loyal people working for them for years and years. When you ask for a raise the complete run around. However, when you do get that 1% raise they make you feel like they just gave you Narnia. Managers are completely witchy and micromanage every little thing that you do. They break laws and don’t care. Do you have an incentive plan that you must jump through several hoops to even get.
Pros
Air
August 7, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. As you’d imagine, we are disappointed to read your comments and wish to address your concerns.

Regarding your feedback on compensation, we want to assure you that we are committed to regularly reviewing employee performance and awarding raises and bonuses in accordance with employee performance. ATs are evaluated at several points throughout the year by various people to get a clear understanding of their overall performance. This includes seasonally by coaching staff and ADs at their school; and annually by the Regional Coordinator and other leadership staff. Additionally, bonuses are awarded to those employees who continuously exceed expectations by going above and beyond.

We highly value our employees and strive for their optimum satisfaction. If you have further questions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources department HR@PivotHS.com

Thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely,
Director of Human Resources

(Work pro occupational health)
ANONYMOUS (Current Employee) –  DelawareJuly 2, 2018
horrible company to work for. horrible management.
no raises. no bonuses. pay is horrible for all that we do. if this company wants to keep its employees they should really figure something out quick. more then 10 people want to leave this company RIGHT now.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
No incentives, poor management, corporate doesn't listen
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  WV, MD, VA AreaJune 29, 2018
Front office coordinators were told that we were not getting annual raises anymore. That was after management and the physical therapists received huge raises. Management genuinely DOES NOT care about any problems or stressors in the work place. They only care about themselves and their paycheck. Corporate doesn't care either since they are the ones who said that the front offices weren't good enough for an annual raise. They pack so many patients into the clinic at one time. Patient care is NOT a priority. I do not recommend this company.
Pros
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, no annual raises, no patient care
Fast paced productive small clinic
Director of Physical Therapy (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DEJune 29, 2018
Managing staff members in a busy clinic.
Budgeting, billing, provided a variety of PT services

I did not like the area, and managing people in a small and busy outpatient clinic is very challenging.
Great company for new grads
Director (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJune 16, 2018
The company is a terrific starting point for newly-graduated physical therapists and occupational therapists. The employees I led were very knowledgeable.
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 14, 2018
I worked for this company nearly 2 years without a 15min break or lunch break. My commute everyday was not worth the pay. There are part time employees who get paid more than full time employees. They expect you to go above and beyond with little to no recognition. I’ve been transferred 3 times and the last location was my breaking point.
Horrible managment/no incentives
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 7, 2018
I worked for Pivot for a little less than a year, but from the start of my job to how it is now has changed drastically (management wise). It seems like management really does not care that much about the people beneath them and expect more out of us without any pay raises or incentives within the company.
There definitely is favoritism from the regional manager that I had and if she did not like you, then pretty much she was going to reprimand you for any little thing that you did "wrong".
Benefits are expensive for a corporate company and at the beginning of the benefit period there was an increase in costs for benefits. I initially thought this was a pretty great company to work for, but clearly it is not. Corporate really needs to fix these issues, but I do not think they really care about their employees.
Pros
Great clinic director/therapists
Cons
poor managment, insufficient pay, no pay raises/bonuses, costly benefits
hard working staff
CLINICAL DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJune 5, 2018
I am new to the company but so far the educational opportunities are outstanding and the support from management is fantastic. They have a great culture and everyone likes and supports the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pivot Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about