Pivot Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Fun, friendly
Technician (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 19, 2018
A typical day would include getting a patient signed in into the computer, getting their exercises set up for them. Conversing with the patients. Teaching them new exercises to perform. The hardest part was learning all the muscles and bones, and the easiest part was everything else.
progressive company
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 18, 2018
Pivot is a rapidly growing midatlantic based company that strives to become an industry leader.
strong CEU package
high emphasis on clinical excellence
focused on advanced training
Physical Therapist Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDMay 12, 2018
I was only an intern here, but I had the same tasks as the Physical therapy Aides, yet was not paid. I would go back and apply for a job as an Aide when the time is right.
Great People/ Bad Business
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 26, 2018
The group of people I work with are great, supportive, enjoyable and hard working.
Recently our Tech hours were cut with a week notice and put a bad taste in my mouth with the company.
From working full time and almost a year approaching still have not received a raise. Now working less hours and have to travel to make up some of my hours and still no raise.
What I thought was a great job and promising future turned into turmoil.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Overall Company operation
Great work environment...outpatient compensation
Clinic Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2018
Growing Company, lots of room for advancement. You typically see two patient's an hour for half of the day and the rest of the time are single booked. No PTA's, but have techs.
No Management
Medical Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDApril 23, 2018
I worked in Westminster Md Billing for 5 months, in those 5 months there’s was one day training lack of management. When you needed help you had to ask coworkers because the manager never knew what she was doing. Working 12 hr days plus weekends the pay wasn’t worth it when other people was making more money than you & you was working like a dog & they wasn’t. Stay away from this company no management here & if you do go they will tell everyone what you talked about.
Fast Paced
Physical Therapy Tech (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAApril 19, 2018
Love the company and the people I work with. would recommend this job to others. Great learning experience. Will work around school schedule.or other requirements.
Great
Front Desk Coordinator, RDU Area (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 9, 2018
Pivot is a great place to work if you want to feel appreciated for your efforts. Pivot is constantly evolving as we continue in growth mode and it is because of this that the work environment feels like a start up! I have been out of college for close to 10 years and for the first time in my career, I feel like my input is truly valued.
Wonderful coworkers
PT Technician (Current Employee) –  Montrose, PAApril 4, 2018
My coworkers are wonderful but the company is hard to work with. Medical insurance is too expensive and the plan isn't great coverage for working in the healthcare field. They don't have annual raises and they tend to take back something they say they will do and then change their minds. Our patients are awesome people and the location is great.
Most stressful year of my life
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 29, 2018
Worst company to work for. I was with a previous company before it merged with pivot last year. We were told nothing would change, we wouldn’t notice any changes, minor things here and there. Everything changed! I went through 3 supervisors in the 2.5 years I worked for these companies because everyone wanted to leave for better opportunity including myself. We were told we would get 401k matches, never happened. Our Christmas bonuses were taken away. No more company banquets. No more patient care. My own relative was a patient and left because they weren’t getting the care they asked for multiple times. I also had an issues with a supervisor and coworker and sent an email to corporate and they never emailed me or contacted me to follow up. I couldn’t get out of that place fast enough. None of the supervisors or managers communicate with each other. We would get 5 emails about our wardrobe each one contradicting the other. Or one boss would tell us one thing and two days later it’s a completely different story from a different boss. Way too many mouths. So exhausting. Pivot also fired so many people that were with the previous company for years and years. Most without warning. They should have focused on employee appreciation and patient care and less on the all mighty dollar. Super cheap company and I’m way happier not being there.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Health ins, lack of management, no patient care, everything
Official response from Pivot Physical Therapy
April 3, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. As you’d imagine, we regret you feel this way about your time with us.

We want to assure you, we focus every day on patient care — helping our patients recover to become their best physical selves — and employee satisfaction. We are proud to have patients who consistently give us top ratings, though we recognize that we may always have room to improve. We will certainly take your comments to heart.

We regret, too, that we didn’t get a chance to connect with you through the corporate office. Hearing from our front line team members is always important, and we’re confident that your experience would have met your expectations if we’d been able to talk directly.

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Thank you again for the comments.

Sincerely,

Pivot Physical Therapy Management Team

Quick pace and fun
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Easton, MDMarch 23, 2018
•Typical day at is good
•I have learned alot about different surgeris
•management is ok
•The most enjoyable at my job is the patients and when I have help them get though their surgery
Pros
Work with good people
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work, supportive management
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, MDMarch 4, 2018
Typical work day 10-15 patients, 1 hour evaluation, 30 min treatments. Fun work environment. Stress due to continuous changes in protocol from upper management. Supervisors and directors are approachable and supportive.
Overall, good place to work.
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 9, 2018
There is no room for advancement. I worked there over a year, without a review or raise. Most Co-workers were great to work with. Some of the managers "micro-managed" and picked favorites.
Pros
In the call center, stress free - no drama
Cons
In the billing department- when Robin was manager, tons of drama.
great place
Student PTA (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 31, 2018
The environment is very welcoming and staff is extremely kind and helpful. They know what there doing when it comes to their occupation and they communicate well between each other.
Pros
everything
Cons
The clinic I worked in was enjoyable.
RECEPTIONIST/ REHAB TECHNICIAN, DYNAMIC (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 16, 2018
The hardest part of my job is trying to manage doing tech work for the therapist as well as doing front desk work. The best part is the people I get to work with everyday, everyone is very much like family and very caring when it comes to personal matters.
Educational Environment
Rehab Tech (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJanuary 15, 2018
The position I held was Rehab Tech at Pivot Physical Therapy of Media. The work staff are very friendly and the work environment was setup to help you learn. Unfortunately the company could only offer me so much for my position and there wasn't room for advancement. Overall, working for the company was a great learning experience.
Sounds great on paper, dont fall for it
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDJanuary 10, 2018
A terrible position. The area is way to small to actually make any real growth in membership. The population who will attend are all seniors, which isn't bad except they never want to pay full price for anything and are very unreliable as members. The therapist in charge is a terrible manager. Good therapist but all the employees and even temporary students grow to hate her pretty quickly. Micromanaging and cryptic and never any help.
My suggestion if you want this type of job is go to an active retirement community. A clinic this small and,in this town is a waste of your time and talent.
Review
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCDecember 28, 2017
Great place to work. Positive work environment. Constructive criticism. Teamwork and communication are highly valued. Multitasking is a necessary part of the job.
Caring and great place to work
Student (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDDecember 27, 2017
Great work environment with employers and employees that are caring and genuine. Enjoy the benefits as well and the relationship between employees and customers
Great Volunteer Experience
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 17, 2017
Provide the most advance, evidence based clinical service.
100% commitment to helping our patients reach their goals
To service our patients beyond their expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pivot Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.