Pivot Point International Employee Reviews

Great People, Great Company
Subject Matter Expert / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2018
Working with Pivot Point was a complete Joy! I love and appreciate all of the support and teamwork that Pivot Point Displays. I enjoyed the team and family atmosphere the most.
Pros
Team
Cons
I was a contractor
the best
Educator -Front end supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2018
Fabulous environment for learning all about the beauty industry. Not for the weak minded or minimum achievers. This is for the people who eat, and live for the beauty industry. Must be willing to make sacrifices. Hard, competitive work.
great job
Cosmetology and Esthetic Educator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2018
Those were the best days of my cosmetology career. I learned a lot, grew a lot and worked really really hard!!!!! You have to be hungry for success in order to make here.
Not a long term career option
N/A (Former Employee) –  ILMarch 27, 2013
This is a small company, no opportunities to move up in any direction unless you are friends with the right people (the inner circle). I had the pleasure of working with a great team and met some wonderful people however, management at corporate level are not qualified to be in the positions that they are in. I feel like upper level management specifically one person was a complete work place bully. The way that this person spoke to others was out of line and down right unprofessional. If I were you and reading this.. I would think twice about working with this company.
An esteemed family owned company.
Educational Consultant (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 24, 2012
I traveled quite a bit providing trainings at member schools.
When I wasn't traveling I worked from home on bookings, reports and various other work related activities.
My co-workers were fabulous and we all worked at managing our time and teamwork was essential.
The most difficult part of this job was the amount of time that I spent away from home, however I thoroughly enjoyed the clients that I worked with.
Pros
frequent flyer miles
Cons
80% travel
Great Place to work Great experience
Cosmetology Educator (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILAugust 31, 2015
I would still be employed by Pivot Point if it were not closing, My time with the school has been very rewarding to me. I felt that the management worked to help with any and all problems work related. I got the Inspiration to make it through those tough days
Pros
Fun, Empowering Insprational
Cons
They are closing the doors in October 2015
Leader in Cosmetology Education
Production Designer (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJanuary 21, 2016
The company became dysfunctional and lost vision once the founder passed away. They never got their mojo back and began losing money. Moving the office was more costly than predicted and many layoffs occurred resulting in too little staff for the work needed.
Pros
Free Cosmetology services
Cons
No time to utilize services
Cosmetology school instructional manuals / materials - proofreading.
Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2017
Relaxed environment in the editorial department, working closely with the education department in proofreading docs for print edition reissues of manuals etc
Good company
School Director (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILJune 15, 2017
It was a good expirience working for PPI. Great benefits and company overall. It follows its policies and procedures but sometimes it gets too tight for creative people.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
Management not close to the field.
enjoyable work environment
Cosmetology Instructor /Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILDecember 27, 2012
My typical work day involved taking attendance . lecturing dimonstrations of assignments, testing keeping records of grades managing 20 to 34 students, reviewing home work assignments, grading assignments.
Pros
i loved what i was doing
A great company with an even greater culture
Admissions Associate (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 11, 2012
The attitudes of the employees are great. I have learned a lot about the beauty industry working for this company and the founders family is very present in the company and interact with both employees and students.
Family Values not what they say they are
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2015
This was an wonderful company to work for before the Founder passed away. He was an amazing human being that fostered the Core Values and Vision that was written...Family First! This Internationally known company always looked out for their staff and considered them family. The customer was more than just the bottom line. The talent was amazing and respected. We worked as a team and looked out for each other. The Founder was so accessible that even after his passing you felt him there. "The Family" is now for just the owner and those in the inner circle. The Senior Management is just for their own success. Financial decisions are so questionable, that the turnover in that area is the highest throughout the whole company. Longevity, loyalty, dedication is no longer respected. Hopefully this company can survive and bring back some of the Founders core values and the vision he created.
Pros
Team effort, Talented staff, Internationally know name, Benefits, Location
Cons
Need to be part of inner circle to be successful, Sr. Management only for their own success, Loss of Founder
Very rewarding company to work for!
Nails Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILMay 16, 2014
Pivot Point provided me with challenges each day to improve my overall skills and knowledge!
Poor environment. Lack of leadership.
worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2013
Poor environment.
Lack of leadership.
No advancement.
Low morale.
Per diem work
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  ChicagoNovember 12, 2014
Only worked on one project-CMS

emails
conference calls
research
Career Growth
Director, IT (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILApril 15, 2012
Looking for a role where there is career growth and upward mobility.