Pivotal Retail Group Employee Reviews

Great Company! Great Team!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2019
It is a pleasure to work with Pivotal, The management and owners treat you like family. Always opportunities for advancement. The pay is good and can easily get raises as you succeed.
Pros
Advancement Quickly
Good, solid company.
Business Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 1, 2018
Good, solid company. Good work/life balance. Job security not there but that is due to their industry. Pay and bene
fits are good for the company's size.
Awesome Experience with a Growing Company
Mapping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 13, 2017
I was employed with Pivotal Retail Group from February 2016 - January 2017.

It was great experience working in growing company with a "family" feel to it. Both peers and supervisors were courteous and willing to assist in big and small matters.

The day begins at 8:00 a.m. and most of the time you continue working on projects which were previously assigned, before getting updated assignments. Everyone is working on some thing which I found motivating.

Management was really approachable and everyone seemed dedicated to accomplishing tasks as a team.

I give them my highest recommendations.
Pros
Friendly Environment, Competitive Promotions, Good Hours
Cons
Work during most holidays, Lack of sick days
Do more and get payed less.
FIELD SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2018
All positions outside of top management are grossly under-payed. A good place to get your foot in the door but a bad place to stay long term. Colleagues can be fun to work with but management is shady.
Great company to work for
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJune 25, 2018
Pivotal is a great company to work for. Their benefits are decent and they offer vacation time unlike some other contracting companies. Unfortunately, they don't have many positions in the California area as they are based out of Atlanta, GA, so job opportunities are limited.
Overall a good place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 11, 2017
A typical day at work involves communicating with a large group of customers and assisting in the completion/execution of their projects or needs. I have learned a lot about the retail industries and just how many different facets there are. The management is good. It is better in some divisions as opposed to others in my experience. The culture seems to still be getting established. The company is young, but it is going in the right direction. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing support and learning so much about the customers and their businesses.
Pros
Work Life Balance, New Benefits, Opportunity to grow
Cons
Culture, Undefined Mission and Values
Pivotal Retail Group
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2017
Pivotal Retail is an extremely fast growing company with a lot of potential. If you are willing to work hard there is opportunity to grow. Upper management has growing pains and often falls back on the "good ol' boy" club instead of finding smart qualified talent to help the company improve. In my experience HR does not take the employees side but rather finds the quickest way to make the problem disappear. If you can keep your head down and not report any problems then you should do fine.
Pros
Salaried employees have the option to work from home, benefits offered are fantastic, employees are quick to adopt you as "family"
Cons
Management is so afraid of lawsuits that they let the hourly people do next to nothing, any complaints or claims of harassment will not be taken seriously and dismissed quickly
No Training given or did they have your back.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAFebruary 15, 2018
No Training from Pivotal. Ross Management doesn't care about you as a contractor. They take the word of a lead and not even listen to you. I notified my Manager and Never heard back until it was too late. To much changing direction and not letting you know until after and then point the finger at you. Terrible management for contractors at Ross.
Pros
Free Breakfast every payday, Nice people that work for Pivotal there
Cons
No Training, Terrible team lead, change their mind and then not tell you until later in the day, Point the finger at you if it was done wrong, Pivotal Won't back you up!
n/a
Field Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 1, 2018
This is a good place to get started with office work. good to be in the field if you dont have a family. overall the company is good. management has there time of bring ok but has been better
Intense fastpace environment
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 16, 2018
Each job started its day off with the plan for the day and a goal.
I learned a great deal amount about indoor construction, floor plans, and merchandising product. The hardest part of the job was the traveling to other states at the end of one job to start another job.
Pros
per diem and traveling
Cons
no time home
Good work balance and exposure to major corporate clients
Business Analyst - Home Depot (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 18, 2017
Good job balance - usually does not require overtime. Contract employee for major corporations. Project oriented work with client. Good exposure to companies and company cultures.
Pros
40 hour week
Cons
Limited advancement
Horrible company to work for.
Store Planner (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CANovember 13, 2016
Excessive amounts of overtime were expected. Unqualified supervisors were hired and given no help or training. They do not train employees. Benefits are standard for medical and dental but vacation policy is horrible. Good luck to anyone brave enough to work here.
Pros
Free coffee in the break room
Cons
Eat lunch at desk, bad benefits, bad management
Long distance workplaces with terrible organizational skills
Pivotal Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 17, 2014
My time at Pivotal gave me a lot of skills in terms of Merchandising, but the company itself was not a pleasure to work with. I came in under the pretenses that there would be some travel, but I'd be in state for the most part. With a revolving door of schedules and last minute car rental change-ups it seems more like the company barely understands how to run itself, let alone it's projects. The work itself, when you got down to it was easy. even considering you had to sometimes set heavy steel beams for shelving with just your two hands and a piece of wood. in that aspect the job was easy and enjoyable. but having to redo work you did the previous few nights again and again and again because errors kept appearing in planograms made it frustrating to no end. Co-workers were 50-50. you had some that were fine and happy doing the job. no complaints, some even grizzled ancients with the company. the other 50 were just vile disgusting people that I'd sooner walk home from a project out in texas to get away from.

All in all, It's great pay, for anyone single and doesn't have a social life. Across the 2-3 months I worked at Pivotal I was home maybe 9 days. and that's pushing it.
Pros
Great pay, and benefits
Cons
Poor management, long travel work weeks, and bad co-workers
My Opinion of Pivotal Retail Group Workplace
Project Merchandising Professional (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 18, 2017
A typical day at work would be coming to work on time and heading to your work place to get the day started. I learned how to build fixtures, great team building skills,organized and located inventory and updated store spreadsheet,visual display installation as part of a retail store reset, remodel or grand opening. Management is very lazy. I would say he hardest part of the job is getting to your destination. The most enjoyable part I would have to say is traveling and coming home at the end of a successful work day
Good place to start
Project Manager - Special Projects (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 19, 2017
Learned alot, great leadership
Great culture and teaching
Pay a little low, but they try to promote if you work hard
Many different areas to work within Pivotal
Challenging and Rewarding
Tech Support - Sales - Training (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 28, 2017
Great opportunity to learn new skills to further my career. Worked as a team to get the needed resolution. Enjoyed helping others through difficult issues.
Work at PRG
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2017
It was like any other place I have worked at. Long hours, amazing job security, and a large pool of a "boys club." Lacking permanent vision and stretched too thin, it makes its way into many leading industries in Home development/projects
Challanging position- Space planner Ross Corporate
Site Planner (Current Employee) –  Ross Corporate - Dublin, CAAugust 8, 2017
This position is extremely fast paced, with a very strong demand for minute accuracy. Changes to process and drawings come back to the team weekly sometimes daily. Management waffles back and forth on what should be on the drawings.
Pros
Free Breakfast every other Friday. The team is good to work with.
Cons
Very stressful work environment
On the road again
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. It was a different life experience for me. Working out and getting paid. Well-paying job, opportunities to move up in the company, and also understanding management. If the travel wasn’t too much would still be there today but was very grateful for the opportunity and privileges.
Pros
trvaleing
Cons
couldn't see family often or go to school
Nice People
Project Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 20, 2017
There was a lot of travel involved in the postition. We were from state to state and were on a tight schedule. If we were behind we would spend 12 plus hours per day on our feet to get the job done. I liked the people I worked with and I learned a lot about myself.
Pros
The culture
Cons
Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pivotal Retail Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Pivotal Retail Group Reviews by Location