Pizza Hut Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Found 3,371 reviews matching the search See all 24,029 reviews
Can be Fun
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 23, 2019
It can be fun but sometimes the managment doesnt keep up with schedules and constantly expected us to stay later then our schedule called for. it was ok
Enjoyable Job Flexible for School
SHIFT MANAGER / DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA 24503April 22, 2019
My time at Pizza Hut was longer than it should have been. However, this was because it was a schedule I could hold full time hours with nights/weekends while working in school. I was able to start as a driver part time, and through picking up shifts and generally being the best at what I do become a keyholder, and ultimately a manager. The culture is a young, hard working group of people. It's fast paced, and difficult, but nothing you can't do if you prepare for it. It teaches valuable skills for preparing for hard work and benefiting from it. It also allows those who want more to get more, as people give up shifts and let others do the work that needs to be done. As an entry level position, I was able to climb up and gain a lot of responsibility by putting myself in better positions and making the best out of the job I was able to get at the time.
Pros
Food, hours, tips
Cons
Low pay, not a lot of advancement post shift manager
Not as boring as expected.
Pizza Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 22, 2019
My job is to deliver pizza mostly but once in the store i have to fold boxes,refill fridge,empty trash and clean dishes.its typically easy,you just need to know how to use your gps for deliveries.
A nice start up job. Depending on choice of carreer path
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXApril 21, 2019
Good management, just dont let anyone push you around. Know your job description. Stick up for your pay. Be eager to learn. Ask question and for help if needed. Clean clean clean / and stay busy.
If you're a driver. Take care of your car or you'll regret it. Tips can outweigh the low pay if you're a hustler.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks at all
I can only speak for the Breaux Bridge, LA store
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Breaux Bridge, LAApril 21, 2019
The manager was garbage. Her policy on people not coming in was to simply do without.

There werr many high volume times where I was the sole delivery driver.

The tips were terrible, the pay barely covered my gas and car usage.

There was a $1 pay per delivery to help cover fuel.
Pros
None, really.
Cons
Bad pay, bad management, no benefits
Productive and easy
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 21, 2019
During a typical work day i would come in and usually have my first delivery ready. After completion of my first order I would come back and wash dishes until my next order is ready and then I would typically repeat the process throughout the day.
Friendly enviroment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 21, 2019
Nice place to work good people and lots of laughs. Lots of good tips the staff are friendly. Easy work too, not hard labor. Easy place to get along learn and advance.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Staff isnt strict enough
Great Place to Work
Cook\Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 20, 2019
Job was a good fit for me. Great co-workers, lots of love between them. They all were friends. They knew their job, they did it fast and well. They taught new employees on the fly.
Delivering for them was great, good details, great help when lost on the road.
Pros
one free pizza if worked 6 hours or more
Cons
occasional tempers fly, management a little stricter than necessary
A complete disaster on every front.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Springs, NYApril 20, 2019
Management is non-existent. There is no rule enforcement. No raises or room for growth. The restaurant itself is in tatters. Job safety is also non-existent. I needed a replacement t-shirt as it's part of our uniform. I have been waiting almost a year and still not received it. As a delivery driver my new 2015 hyundai was run into the ground with 0 compensation. Delivery is also open in the middle of terrible storms with little regard for driver safety. For 2 years I didn't receive a mandated break which again hearkens to poor management not scheduling correctly. My location is a textbook example of what happens when a place of business has 0 rules. Add to that, the building itself is so small that even the simple act of movement is dangerous. Pure chaos.
Pros
Free pizza?
Cons
Management, pay, hours, location, culture
Ehh...iffy place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, MDApril 20, 2019
Never really worked inside but I wouldn't want to. A delivery driver usually gets paid daily if there are deliveries either in tips or the amount you get of your drive time.
Pros
Discounts, paid daily if driving
Cons
Not really any benefits
Don't work here
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXApril 19, 2019
They took every opportunity they could to take advantage of me. I was paid less than min wage. As a result of that, I had to rely on the tips of the consumers to survive it. The people were not really all the generous either. The managers will ignore everything that you agreed upon such as when you can work and set you to work whenever they feel like it without warning.
I delivered pizza
Pizza Hut Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake Park, GAApril 18, 2019
It was a nice job my car broke down so i had to use my friends car to work until I got a new job he didnt want me to use it for to long or to put all the miles on it
Pros
Can get food decounted ez job
Cons
Not much
Doesn't pay enough
Delivery Driver/ Cook/ CSR (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCApril 18, 2019
I'm a very hard worker. I always make sure to show up to work at least 5 minutes early, I never slack off on the job, and I make sure to get along with everyone in the workplace. A lot of my co-workers tend to slack off on the job, which causes me to have to work harder and do their job for them. I don't mind working hard, but if I'm putting in that kind of time and effort for a $200 paycheck every TWO WEEKS, I feel like I'm just being used at that point. I've been trying to find another job for almost 2 years (which is the amount of time I've been working there), but apparently every other job that I've applied to "hasn't looked at my application yet".
Pros
It at least pays SOME money, but not much.
Cons
Very low pay, barely ever any hours available, no free meals, lazy employees, lazy management
Productive and fun workplace.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 18, 2019
Productive and a fast paced workplace. Every person did just about every job someone else did. There really is no hard part about the job, but my most enjoyable part of it was being on the road.
Pros
50% discount while working, 20% discount while not working.
Cons
Hard to advance.
very productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJApril 17, 2019
there was always something to do at the job and that was a great thing. i learned how to work in the kitchen under pressure. all of the managers were having a different connection with me.
Pros
it was really close to my house
Cons
I would always stay past the time I would needed to and wouldn't get paid extra.
Poor team work. Too much drama.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MDApril 17, 2019
The pay not worth the aggravation. Rude and disrespectful co-workers. Poor training. Too much unnecessary drama. Poor salary. Poor management. Unreasonable expectations.
Pros
Free meal. Employee discount.
Cons
Miserable place to work. Bad attitudes. Disrespectful and rude.
average company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXApril 17, 2019
average company. No real benefits for its drivers. Not much room for advancement. Company seldom recognizes the efforts of lower rank employees. There's room for improvement.
Get fired for nothing
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 17, 2019
Get fired for no reason. Management tries to get you fired for anything and everything. Terrible pay for what they expect from you. Do not work there.
Don't.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 17, 2019
It's like any other fast food chain that no one would ever actually want to stay at. Please don't work here unless you're staying as a part timer or for a very short period. It's really not worth it.
Pros
Food.
Cons
It's Pizza Hut.
Easy place to work if you are desperate for a job
Delivery Driver, cook, manager (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 17, 2019
This was a fine job in terms of delivering, especially when working thr adairsville store, i frequently brought home triple figures for tips. However once i wrecked my vehicle and was forced to work in store the job changed drastically and it was difficult to Live on what they were willing to pay. Even when promoted to management, the pay was only eight an hour and i had to stay on them to actually send it thru payroll. I eventually quit bc i caught the district manager deleting my shifts once I did finally receive the eight dollars, as if that was so much It was breaking them to pay when I worked
Pros
Easy, many locations so no problem to transfer
Cons
Horrible pay, most people on drugs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

56.7K

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss