Pizza Hut Employee Reviews for Shift Manager

Found 1,650 reviews matching the search See all 24,043 reviews
Enjoyable place to work at with amazing people on staff.
SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEApril 23, 2019
My time working as a shift manager/driver at pizza hut is something I will always cherish. I developed awesome relationships with all the people I worked with and learned a lot of great and important things about what it means to be an effective team leader.The GM of the store I worked at couldn't have been a better boss. Everything about my experience there was so awesome.
Pros
Great people, great work environment
Cons
extra late orders
No one would listen
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Nevada, MOApril 22, 2019
I would start by opening the safe and counting the money from the closing shift. After counting the safe i would set up the cash drawers for the servers. Then i would go to the bank and get change for the day. when i got back i would assist the cook with getting the buffet ready.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
To many managers
it was a good experience
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 19, 2019
working at Pizza Hut, was a good experience. it help me grow as an employable person and built a relationship with other employees, management was great
Pros
free meals, flexible schedule
Cons
salaery
Management Help
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 18, 2019
Working at Pizza Hut was a very interesting experience. Located in the middle of town so customers from all regions would come in and order. A typical work day would consist of working in a very fast paced environment typically with no break. There isn't much staff which is the reason why breaks are very limited in this field. The management is very loose and sometimes forgets that they are the boss and become friends with their workers instead of their boss. The hardest part of the job would be the fact that sometimes you have to work multiple positions at once due to the shortage of staff. The most enjoyable part of the day however would be going home.
Pros
Working with pizza
Cons
Long hours (14+)
Slightly unorganized and highly understaffed.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Cove Springs, FLApril 18, 2019
fe It was a nice company to work for to begin with. It’s taught me a lot, and has matured me since I began. The company is pretty unorganized when it comes to hiring new people and preparing the other shifts. Most of the shifts are understaffed and the pay was pretty bad. I worked there for 2 years and only got one raise.
Pros
50% discount on food, flexible schedule, nice staff
Cons
Pay is bad, unorganized shifts, understaffed, too much drama
A good first job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  UndisclosedApril 18, 2019
This was my first job , I got really bad hours as a cook (like 5-10 on slow weeks during the summer) and eventually became a shift manager , the pay was terrible , absolutely TERRIBLE , you could go to a grocery store as a cashier and make more than managers do here. The work is very stressful and fast paced. You never got out of work on time and were expected to be there “until it dies down” you never get breaks of any kind no matter how long you work, I worked multiple 12 hour shifts as a cook and never got a lunch or a break , as a manager you usually work 8-10 hour shifts , sometimes longer if you’re closing. Benefits are not provided to managers until you’ve been with the company for a year (I was not so benefits were nonexistent) really this a good for a teen job and maybe a college job but that’s about it . Employee benefits were really bad also , $1 for a personal lunch and managers got a $10 credit for the store during each shift but you couldn’t use any other coupons so $10 was really only enough for a few things
Pros
Good coworkers, delivery drivers make good tips
Cons
Hours, stressful, no benefits, no breaks, bad pay
Alright for the younger crowd
Cook/Driver/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILApril 17, 2019
Hard to live on the salary they provide you. Lots of call in all the time it was hard to find coverage and usually when I was managing I was the coverage for people who called in. Not very organized or maintained very well.
Pros
Tips if your driving
Cons
Using your own vehicle. People always calling in.
Not enough pay
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, PAApril 16, 2019
Sadly, still pays minimum or almost for most new hours. Tough to attract skilled/dedicated employees in the current work force.
Does not provide enough time in the week to adequately keep the store as clean as it should be.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
No breaks
*Be careful*
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 16, 2019
My Pizza Hut was very unethical. If they didn't like you, they would make you work your b*tt off. (Leave the easy work for the people they DID like) I'm not saying management is bad however .. It does depend on the person. My managers we're mean. (When I was a CSR) There we're alot of red flags.. I regret not leaving sooner. I had to clean the messes for other managers. (PROMOTED TO SHIFT MANAGER) If I didn't, my shift would be horrible. Typically in a fast food environment, just be careful. This is why I'm not working for franchises ever again. Althought corporate is more stricter, I wouldn't mind.
Pros
20 Percent Discounts, Flexible Schedules
Cons
Working Weekends
Fun team to work with.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYApril 14, 2019
Often busy, time passes quickly when working. Most teams are easy and fun to work with, with the exception of some co-workers that you may run into at every job.
Alright place
Shift Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXApril 13, 2019
I worked with Pizza Hut for 4 years and advanced throughout many levels. Good room for growth. Free food, fun people, easy flexible hours. Only reason I quit was highly poor (emphasizes on highly) management who got involved in people’s personal lives and would be unnecessarily obnoxious with his opinions. Other than that, it’s a pretty cool place to work if you’re in high school or have extra time
Pros
Free food, fun, easy
Cons
Poor management
Great place, terrible management
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 13, 2019
It's great place to work if you're looking for a part time job but they do not schedule enough employees and the upper management absolutely sucks. If different managers ran both stores in Lansing, it would be a totally different work environment.
pizza
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAApril 12, 2019
if you love pizza and want a fast pace job, this is it. i had fun and it was challenging sometimes. get to train in all areas and people are really nice
Pros
flexable work hours
Cons
smell like grease
Management has no respect for employees
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 11, 2019
Employees are stretched incredibly thin and management completely disregards it and expects 150% at all times which is completely unrealistic. Company only cares about labor costs and scheduled so few employees it’s hurts product quality and customer service.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
no breaks not enough employees to cover them
Productive and easy job aslong as everyone makes an effort
Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Mill Hall, PAApril 11, 2019
It's a very straightforward job. it's not difficult as long as everybody puts in an effort it can be very fast-paced at times when the store is busy, most times it's kind of laid-back work environment it's easy to work with the people and get along with everybody.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
There is no health insurance provided by the company
Fun place to work at laid back
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 5, 2019
Not a great place to work at very little hours pay isn't great not enough help they don't schedule enough drivers customers always yell at us on the phone.
Pros
Free lunches pizza
Cons
No benefits or paid vacations
Fun work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  North Royalton, OHApril 4, 2019
Very young and fun work environment for entry level applicants. Laid back and fairly low stress job. If you are a driver you make a decent amount of money for how demanding the job is.
Laid Back
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Ellensburg, WAMarch 31, 2019
Working here was okay, not good not bad but the pay was really low even for being a manager, I was a manager for a few months and i did more work than anyone and only got a 50 Cent raise and another 50 cent raise after a year. its a joke.
Pros
Discounted food.
Cons
Lots of work with very little pay
Fast pace but very fun
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAMarch 31, 2019
As a manager i was in charge of how the shift was ran but when i was just a teammate everyine worked really hard but still played and enjoyed coming to work.
Stressful
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIMarch 29, 2019
Management that shows favoritism, employees acting like they can do whatever they want, and dealing with customers complaints are just a few reasons not to work here.
Pros
free lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

56.7K

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight