Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Found 19,154 reviews matching the search See all 24,830 reviews
Poor management and incorrect pay
Delivery driver/food prep (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJune 25, 2019
Tried for weeks and weeks to get pay corrected and every time I was told it had been fixed, i'd get paid and it would have been exactly the same! Ultimately left because of negligence of employees livelihood.
Pros
Cons
Management, pay, hours, inequality
The workers kept the atmospere fun.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 25, 2019
There's nothing bad about this job. The store that I worked at would be very busy from 4pm till close at 12am. We would usually run out of ingredients because of the number of customers
Pros
Half off all the menu
Cons
Can be extremly busy at times at that particular store
It was an ok place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 25, 2019
It was a lot of work for really low pay. You have to know what your doing and be able to work in a fast pace for hours on end because of the dinner rush. You also have to study the food handlers book religiously so that you don't get yourself or anyone else sick.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Low pay
Terrible
PRODUCTION COOK (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 25, 2019
I would advise anyone interested in working at Pizza Hut, to tuck their tail and run. It is not worth it. There are way better food jobs. Management at the location I worked at, is the worst I’ve ever seen in any job I’ve ever worked in my entire life.
Cons
Do NOT work at the Pizza Hut on the North Loop 336 in Conroe, TX.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 25, 2019
The manager there blames other people for the problems that she caused herself. She also doesn't take the time to teach you how to do the job properly; she will maybe teach you for a few minutes, and expect you to get it right the first time, which is unrealistic.And she'll also spend her free time smoking in the back, while the rest of us are working out butts off with no breaks whatsoever. I ended up quitting because I already had another job in the evening, and she wanted me to work evenings, when I specifically told her I could only work mornings because of the job I had in the evening.
Do not work there if you want to keep your faith in humanity.
Pros
Discounts for food and drinks; tips if you're a CSR
Cons
No breaks, insufferable manager, not recognizing water as a universal human right as in accordance with the Geneva convention, shady business practices
pays bad
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 25, 2019
never enough hours closed both dine-in locations the pay was not enough was not very happy working there no advancement offered or raises very unorganized
Depends on franchise
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 25, 2019
Some franchises are nice, others are not. Of the two that i have worked for the smaller one was better at keeping employees somewhat content. It is a stressful job that takes up all your time with minimum salary.
Very stressful and not worth your time.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 25, 2019
The management is always rude with customers, talking loudly and inappropriately in front of them, which is very unprofessional. They belittle and overly criticize newer employees for not knowing how to perform certain task, despite not being taught how to. They paid 5 dollars an hour on the road, which is not sufficient enough. One employee knocks into people's cars constantly and takes forever to return from a delivery, and another employee picks and chooses what deliveries to take, based on whether there's an online tip, and management never addresses it, causing them to lose money. One shift supervisor brags about HR never reprimanded. Many employees brag about doing drugs, and sometimes by the dumpsters, I can smell marijuana. The dining area is dirty due to the waitresses talking too much. Another shift supervisor stands around and talks on the phone all day, and takes forever to get you clocked in, and will blame you for being late. Both shift supervisors will bully you into quitting. The general manager just excuses it as it "being who they are." The floors are filthy, especially in the dining area, and no one bothers to clean it until they close. No one washes their hands, and the restroom trash cans will be overflowing with paper towels. The supervisors will take forever to clock you out, because they're busy talking to people outside, and on the phone. Whenever a customer calls to complain about a wrong order, or damaged food, the employees dismiss it as the customer just wanting free food. The supervisors will rush every task you attempt to perform, and will not  more... specify what task to perform, so you're left clueless as to what needs to be done first.  less
Pros
Discounted food, job has potential to be fun and rewarding
Cons
Pay is inadequate, rude and apathetic employees/environment, dirty floors, small driver area, inadequate training, lack of customer service, employees attitude towards customers is embarrassing
Cool place
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Mitchellville, MDJune 25, 2019
Good Environment, decent pay, good management, good customers. Very good flexible work hours. Overtime, time off requests. Stressful at peak hours but nothing too bad
very fun job loved it
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  1926 6th Ave SE Bismarck, North DakotaJune 25, 2019
fast paced
how to handle difficult situations
various managers
employees were constantly new
finding reliable employees
working various positions
fun workspace
Server (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 25, 2019
This was a fun space to work in. I got to meet great people and build bonds with them. I got to get the restaurant experience. I also got to serve big parties without panicking or freaking out. The only thing I didn't like was the serving pay rate and how getting paid goes as a server
not a good place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 25, 2019
The management was horrible they would understaff just so they could get their bonuses and wouldnt help when you are struggling to do everything yourself. go work at dominos its a much better place to work at.
Relax and fun environment to work in .
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 25, 2019
As server at Pizza Hut I enjoyed my experience because you meet a lot of new people as your work and your able to learn new things everyday working for a company and talking and meeting new people.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Productive please to work at
Dining Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 25, 2019
I really love the working environment and my coworkers. The customer s are very nice and patient on orders. A very fast pace environment and that you can develop a lot of experience.
Pros
Family friend environment
Fun
Pizza Cook (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 25, 2019
Never had a problem there, was always something to do, some days would be slow others would be busy but pay was good , I had enough to get my own car.
Ok company
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAJune 25, 2019
Worked there during my high school years and right out of high school. Good beginners job. Was lucky to have a good manager. Place eventually got shut down do to vandalism last I heard.
Not many benefits
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 25, 2019
At my current location you can get as much days off as you want on a first come first serve basis. Just don't expect to be paid, even if your sick on your death bed. There's no discounts or benefits offered to employees. The best thing the job has going is the people you work with.
Pizza Hut
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 25, 2019
Pizza hut is a good company to work for they have very good benefits to job advancement. You can work and g to school at the same to better your education and you life
favortism
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLJune 24, 2019
Working here feels like a waste of time most of the time. i was hired to be a manger months ago but i am still a crew member and i work over 30minutes a week. The management turns a blind eye to those they like and they are extremely unorganized.
Pays bills
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Seffner, FLJune 24, 2019
Its a decent place to work... gets very annoying with people that dont work but otherwise it's ok. It can be a nasty job at times with the cleaning chores but relaxed culture makes things more fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

56.9K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Pizza Hut.

Powered by Comparably