Pizza King Employee Reviews

long hours, no opportunity to advance, stressful
Oven Operator (Former Employee) –  Connersville, INApril 12, 2019
in my time at Pizza King, I have learned that it is only a good job for high school students.the pay was decent but i had to work very hard to make $10 an hour.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Short breaks, no discount, long hours, unappreciated by customers
Great work enviorment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winchester, INApril 10, 2019
I loved my job, however it was time to advance my career. I advanced to assistant manager within 30 days of becoming employed, however any further advancement was not an option for me because the hours were not agreeable with my availability.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
no advancement
Pizza King can be fun as a server, especially on busy nights!
Server/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Muncie, IN 47304April 1, 2019
Pizza King is a fair place to work for and offers flexible hours. After being there a year you can get a week of paid vacation and after six months discounts on your food when you dine in with your family.
Pros
Discounts, Vacation time off with pay, and flexible hours
Cons
No cons
Fun and Fast paced Pizzeria
Counter Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 27, 2019
Prepared and served pizza slices. Cut and served pizza. Prepared to go orders for businesses and delivery and pick-up. Totaled checks for orders and received payment . Used cash register for transactions and gave customers to go orders and stay orders. Stocked condiments and cleaned restaurant during slow hours and sometimes stocked sodas and waters. Performed some food preparation and cooked saute dishes for pizzas. Helped with weighing and measuring dough for pizzas. Cleaned the restaurant and counters at end of the shift.
Pizaa King is a good part time job for high schoolers
Restaurant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 10, 2019
Pizza King is a good place to start working out if you are in school. Flexible workings hours and a good atmosphere. As with any restaurant job, there are days that no customers come in, and others that are packed from opening to close.
Rude management but good place to work
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, GAMarch 6, 2019
I started out very good. They are good people to work with and a good place all around, but management was rude and it became too much. They were rude to customers, and rude to employees. They were also unfair to employees as well.
Pros
Free meals, scholarships
Be ready
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INMarch 1, 2019
I love it the first year I was there. I had great boss great time and even move up the lead. Then from there it just got worst. Was working 45 plus hour each week, so I'm talking about open and close for 5 days out the week, and had to come in on off hours at night to help the new miniature and shift leaders.
Pros
Paid vacation paid birthday off after being there for year
Cons
Overwork their employees
Company does NOT stand behind their employees.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lapel, INJanuary 31, 2019
After working for this company for a year and a half, many times working more than 50-60 hours a week as a shift manager at MULTIPLE locations other than my "home" store, the company turned its back on me after learning about a criminal background 14 years in the past.
Pros
GREAT pay, good on-shift benefits
Cons
Company cares about the dollar. NOT you.
Fun people to work with
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Big Stone Gap, VAJanuary 14, 2019
By far, the best pizza in southwest Virginia. Enjoyable people to work with on a daily basis. Would recommend people, due to the unstressful work and decent money
District Leader Was a Bully
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lapel, INJanuary 13, 2019
I was advanced to assistant. New to the company and learning as fast as i could, some days with little help as it was an understaffed store at the time. Instead of help training me on my mistakes the Distrist Leader liked to raise his voice and redicule me
Fast pace, demanding customers, and poor management make for a stressful experience
Seasonal Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 10, 2019
Overall a pretty standard environment for work in food management; demanding customers and a fast pace. However, the poor management of employee resources often leads to the whole store being ran by minimal staff. Which leads to more human error which then snowballs from there. Corporate needs to get their hands out of the money pot and expand their worker base and reward their workers properly.
Productive and great place for high school students
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 8, 2019
Pizza king was great, just not the place I could see myself building a career. It’s a nice place to be, nice business ran and nice pay for high school students. If your looking for a career then that’s not the place.
Pros
Discount food
Cons
No breaks
fun and productive
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Parker City, INDecember 2, 2018
A typical day at work, you'd definitely have to keep on your toes. Sometimes it may be fast paced, other times it's slow, steady, and easy. I've learned a lot with people skills working here. The management is decent and is very fair with everyone.
Pros
$7 allowance if you worked a 7 hour shift
Cons
short breaks
fun place to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waynedale, INNovember 11, 2018
go to job at 9:L00am and work until 12:00pm sometimes till 2:00am being a manger is lots of work training new employees and building a large customer bases where customer know your name and trust me with there busness
Pros
free lunches and dinner and boususes
Cons
work long hours and 7 days a week
fun place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, INNovember 7, 2018
loved working here, people were like family and the customers were just as great! the environment is awesome and there is always music, the manager was understanding with me and the workplace was always clean and freash.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
not long enough breaks sometimes
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Auburn, INNovember 3, 2018
Its a good work place with friendly and caring coworkers and great food. I love working here because I love my regular customers and everybody's so sweet and helpful.
Ehh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flora, INNovember 3, 2018
Was okay. Just wasnt trained properly and was never moved to the back like I was told I would be but someone who started after me got too. Fun. Jokes all the time in down time. Be careful about getting sprayed by the hose lol. Would make a good first job.
Fun working with the public and food industry.
Cook, Cashier, Waitress, Drive (Former Employee) –  Galveston, INNovember 1, 2018
This overall was a fun job. I enjoyed working with the public and cooking. Very fast paced job. Involved stock, cooking, cleaning, drive thru window, answering phone, working the cash register, and waitressing.
Server
Kitchen Staff/Server (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INOctober 24, 2018
Serving and making pizzas.
Cleaning and busing tables, Sweeping, mopping floors.
Cashier, taking orders, answering phones, stocking.
Customer service
Great first job!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DEOctober 24, 2018
The company works well to help their younger employees. They work hard to participate in as many charity fundraisers as possible. The work environment is fun and laid back but everything still gets done, I would highly recommend anybody that is in high school to work here!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza King. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight