PJW Restaurant Group
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

PJW Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

United States88 reviews

serverrestauranttablefooddiscountfastpacebusy

Great side hustle or entry level serving job.

Money was consistent, management was average. From working at two of the locations, I did not live the strict uniform policies some locations put in place. Could not even wear a jacket if it was November and I was sectioned outside. Overall a good place to work if you don’t mind that aspect.

fun and good money

i like it here it is a fast paced environment and there’s always opportunities to make money here! very nice staff to work with and managers are laid back

PJW Restaurant Group insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Supportive environment
  • Sense of belonging

You can do better...

Unrealistic expectationsManagement works 30 hoursKitchen staff works 70 hoursConstantly adding 10 special items to a menu that is way to big.Prepare yourself to be treated like a robot, this place only cares about nickel and diming whatever they canPROFIT over everything elseZERO staff retention.

Negative Culture, disrespectful to other coworkers, can't trust management

UnappreciativeManagement bashes each other0 Team workInappropriate managersNegative Culture, disrespectful to other coworkers, can't trust management.

Could be better

Worked for the company for a little over 2 years. Management was always iffy, with them constantly leaving, or getting laid off, and new ones they bring in are not that great. Almost always a toxic work environment with someone always complaining or gossiping about someone who they don’t care for. It’s a restaurant, some days you make a lot, some days you don’t.

Money was good - management and staff was sub par

I made good money there but at the cost of dealing with a lot of inexperienced coworkers including the managers. Turnover was very high but the pro in this was room for advancement early on.

Pros

Money, flexibility

Cons

Inexperienced staff

Love working here great atmosphere pay is okay could be a way lot better nice job to have

I love to cook and I love people so the job fits for me just a little underpaid that's all but it is a great job great experience great atmosphere I would recommend this company to anyone for a job

Great Serving job

Working here was well organized with great management. The kitchen was extremely clean and the staff was always helpful and supportive! Compensation could have been better but it's a typical waitressing job. The environment is very fast paced which I worked well with personally

Toxic

I mean, it’s money. But it’s money you’re going to get abused for and feel totally under appreciated and overworked for. Overstaffed so management has it easier, and less money for you.

Okay

The place was okay to work at however the hours were extremely inconsistent, management let the employees do whatever they want. It was always consistently busy with no breaks. The managers think they can talk to their employees anyway they want cussing at them insulting them. Everything was favoritism and if you weren’t involved in a clique you’re doomed to fail and the managers don’t care about your personal life if you have stuff going on, everyone is expendable as they say.

Cons

No hours, bad management, no breaks

Fun work atmosphere

Overall, Pj's is not a bad job. The job is fairly easy due to small table sections. The regulars and coworkers also always made it a good time. The management however sucked, aways picked favorites and never applauded good work.

Pros

Time off, Flexible schedule, Fun atmosphere

Cons

Mangement

Good serving/bartending job

A very good place to work in the restaurant/bar industry. Good food, good drinks, fun people to work with. A nice and respectable place to work. Sports bar.

Great Company !

My time here was full of fun , fast paced work and great co workers . I would work here again in a heart beat . Management was on point ability to move up is very much a possibility.

Pros

Good work environment

Cons

Fun work environment management is horrible

Management only cares about themselves and their bonuses. Fun coworkers and work environment, pretty good money if you’re willing to close all the time

Pros

Money, coworkers

Cons

Management, favoritism

Fun company to work for

Its a fast paced environment, filled with knowledgeable people who encourage you and help you to be your best. The work was pretty tough at times, however with the excellent management and great coworkers, the hard work was worth it. I left with a sense of accomplishment after almost every shift I worked there.

I loved working here

The managers were so fun, and the girls working there are so funny and nice. You meet a lot of nice people who come in as customers and i would work there again if i had the chance!

Productive day at work

A typical day at Pjs is, setting up and breaking down a party. I put linens on all of the tables, set up the chafing dishes, help the client with decorations, and more. I work with the client, to make sure the event is a success from beginning to end.

Management needs improvement

With all of waitress/bartending jobs out there go somewhere else. With certain employees thinking they are irreplaceable it makes for a very hostile work environment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Management will work around school/ work schedules but that’s about the only asset.

Pros

Scheduling

fun, energetic environment

love working with this company. fun and energetic and really cares about their employees. The managers go above and beyond for their employees and customers

Nice Environment

Management is good, they're all cool people. A lot of the servers are nice, but there are some servers with bad attitudes 24/7. Wing nights are the most overwhelming nights, physically, emotionally, and mentally. Customers' ignorance can be above average. Memorizing the menu as the host is difficult because we aren't pressured to pay attention to every detail of the food like the servers are.

Great company to work for

PJW Restaurant Group is a fantastic company to work for. While there are many benefits, the industry itself causes issues with many people. The combination of long hours and holidays are a negative.

Common questions about PJW Restaurant Group

Answered by current and former employees at PJW Restaurant Group

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PJW Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • PJW Restaurant Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?