PK MANAGEMENT, LLC Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 6, 2018
How can you screen applicants and deny them for the same drug related crimes your employees have??? The company has maint staff with drug felonies walking in and out of people's homes not fixing anything. The upper management sits back in OH, CA ,and CO and do absolutely nothing about it. Quick fix all repairs, mold, and roaches everywhere. They do not care until one time a yr when HUD comes around. Just stealing HUDs money if you ask me.
very professional
Property Manager Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJuly 22, 2018
Plenty of opportunities for job advancement. I started as a painter, then was able to become a property manager within one year. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
always work to do
Cons
extremely fast pace at times
I wouldn't apply here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 20, 2018
this company (at least the Colorado portfolio) is a joke
the only saving grace and the reason I lasted so long was my immediate supervisor and other coworkers.
But even that couldn't make me stick around. at the end of the day the work load is entirely too much even when you have the best TEAMS.
once they lose employees for one reason or another they choose to hire people who have no idea what they are doing and end up quitting in little to no time ... upper management will pull you away from your property (whether you know what you're doing or not) and then magically forget that they TOLD you to go somewhere else and help them fix that mess, and berate you for not completing the required tasks at your own property. its like they hand you a pile of flaming trash and then question why you're not doing anything to put the fire out, never mind the fact that whether its on fire or not its still TRASH.
they give you a mess to take over and expect you to have that mess cleaned up 3 days before you started. DEADLINES DEADLINES DEADLINES.

don't even get me started on the pay. definitely not worth it for the amount of stress...

in summary, do not let this company sell you a dream, then get surprised when it's actually a nightmare.
Pros
if your at the right office, your coworkers
Cons
everything else
My Experience working with PK Management LLC.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJune 29, 2018
I have been with this company for many years. I have managed my building for 24 years now. My experience with PK is quite the opposite of the negative feedback I have read online. I feel compelled to protect the company that has given me so much support over the years. My experience has been nothing but positive.
I have always had the support of my upper management. In fact I have built a strong, trusting relationship with them.I can phone them anytime for help and assistance, they have always been available to me. That starts with my Regional Manager, President including the owner of this company. I have been blessed to work with these amazing people.
My building is part of a fabulous team that count on each other constantly. There is no better feeling, then getting quick emails from your superiors, thanking you for a job well done. If you work hard you will be rewarded.

Is the job stressful, absolutely, lets face it, we knew that coming in.
Pros
Support, Team Players, Bonuses, 401K
Cons
Health Insurance Pricing, Holiday Bonus does not increase.
Productive fun workplace
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 19, 2018
PK is a very good, fin place to work, thy are a very fair employer, Willi g to always work with your needs! The employees are all dedicated and the management is great!
management is the worst
maint tech (Former Employee) –  Hollidaysburg, PAApril 25, 2018
A cut throat company everyone back stabs one another.If your not in the click management will find a way to get rid of you.To include working off the clock for free.Very poor management when it comes to supply's and materials to do a repair.
Pros
half hour lunch
Cons
management
horrible eperience
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2018
the "leaders" are awful. do not trust anyone. backstabbing, condemning, lying, unethical, etc, etc, etc
daily job threats and unreasonable demands are common
Pros
Cons
the owners should be ashamed of this management company
Leadership- Non Existent/Culture-Poor/Discrimination and Retaliation-Tolerated/ Gossip-Loved/ Hostile Work Environment-Encouraged
Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 25, 2018
All of the comments are true, both negative and positive. Unfortunately, there are not very many positive aspects of this company. It is unknown if the Owners of the Company don't really know what goes on or if they are a part of it. The Regional team spends more time discussing more like gossiping about staff as a means to break down credibility instead of jumping in and helping their team. The Blame Game is their number one means of entertainment instead of focusing on building skill and confidence. PK has to know that they are only as strong as their weakest link. They hire unqualified individuals for programs on their sites and wonder why their success rate is low. Every email sent is sent with sarcasm and negativity. Someone in their office has to add the numbers and realize that they're reaping what they sow.

The "Leader" is actually the follower and the Executive team can't figure out why every region the VP touches fails. The Regional team will break down anyone who poses a threat to them. Instead of building teams they are attempting to build individual power. Here is some insight, the behavior, accountability, response, negativity, attendance and all around environment at each property is a direct reflection of those leading the pack! Practice what you preach and lead by example. Treat your people the way you would want to be treated and the way you want to hear about them treating the tenants.
Pros
Other Managers/Maintenance
Cons
Insurance Premiums
One of the best management companies I’ve worked for
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  UsaFebruary 8, 2018
I’m reading other reviews & wondering who their managers were to have such terrible experiences. I love all the training, the fact someone is always there to answer your questions & they push you to be your best & groom to promote! Love this company!
Pros
Time off, flexibility, able to make a difference, travel
Cons
Benefits are pricey
Could've been Better
Temp- Compliance (Former Employee) –  Richmond, OHJanuary 30, 2018
I was placed at that job through a temp agency but unfortunately I was doing everything that wasn't in my skills requirement. They had me making up folders and cleaning out a room which had been very clustery and dusty. I just felt uncomfortable.
Pros
1 Hour Lunches
Cons
Unnecessary Work
working for yourself
Vender (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Liked the travel and the different work environments.It was a great opportunity to learn new things about property restoration and make ready properties in your area.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
not perament
Micro management stressful and lack of support from staff
Area Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 4, 2018
Over worked under paid; lack of support from upper management it's not your co-workers its upper management the owners are great it's the staff under the owners the staff is micromanaged does not allow staff to take ownership of property unless there is a violation with HUD or the City then the manager gets full responsibility and the blame is on them
Pros
bonuses room for advancement
Cons
lack of training lack of support from upper management micro management
Excellant company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 18, 2017
It was a caring company and encouraging company to work for; great for females with advancement opportunities and adequate pay. Offered employee morale boosting activities and opportunity to gain discounts in health care coverage.
Pros
Great company work for
The property is run by the residents and maintenance
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 8, 2017
Run, Run, Run, don't go pass go!!!!

I have experienced this first hand.. I wish that I had listened to the review before hand. lesson learnt.
just know whoever takes this position you will not have the support that you would think you should have.
Watch out for maintenance & regional that are close friends
Benefits
Cons
Politics, no support
Do not apply
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 6, 2017
Do Not Apply for employment with this company. Save yourself the humiliation of working for a company in which they strive to hire the most incompetent regional managers. These regional managers will treat you with rudeness. lies, unreasonable expectations. When the screaming and yelling is not enough, get ready then they will threaten you with your job, They believe that threatening employees is the answer to how you build teams and respect.
This company is the worst that I have ever had the misfortune of working for. No organization, No ethics no morals and the regional managers have never taken a class on how to manage.
You will not get Holidays off so do not believe that false advertisement that states you will. there is no training, there is no help from upper management. Also the corporate office staff is so busy covering their inept, unethical, immoral, regional manger's They do not , will not make corrections to the hostile work environment.
I await the law suit that will happen,.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
PK Management
FASC - Field Asset Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 24, 2017
Loved working here. Would not have left if I had not had to relocate. Started as a front desk receptionist and management trusted me with additional work which lead to my promotion from receptionist to Field Asset Service Coordinator within a couple of months of starting there.
Never a Dull Moment
Floating Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed the children and families on site, alot of traveling great training. And my bosses were fair. This company had lots of room for advancement and transfers
Pros
great vacation
Cons
health insurance co-pays
work with a variety of people
Financial Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHAugust 23, 2017
Good place to work. Lots of good people. Departments can work better with each other. Sometimes there are to many levels of management. They encourage fun activities per department and whole company to be involved in.
Pros
Fun activity at least once a month
Cons
Middle management will take credit but no blame
So sorry to say, but all the negative reviews are sadly true:-(
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 12, 2017
I came into this environment a few years ago, with a very positive attitude, hoping to make a difference, however, it is beyond sad what is going on in this organization. They are basically slum lords. I'm sadden for residents, and my heart hurts for them. Although some of the residents are a mess; however, their are some really good folks who also live on these properties who have fell on hard times. The way they rush and move folks in these decrepit apartments; I truly do not understand how they are getting away with it. Most of their apartments are not fit to be live in by anyone. They put the least amount of money possible into repairs; which is basically nothing, then office staff has to deal with the backlash from residents who are angry and upset, but you can't blame them. There are some good employees, however, most feel their hands are tied, so they simply bit the bullet and go with the flow. Sort of like an 'if you can't beat them, join them'. It's understood that this is a business, however, these people, the residents are still human and still deserve better than this. The are beyond outdated, poor appliances, sloppy touch up, sinking floors, leaks all over, overran with rodents, etc., the list goes on. They also seem to let just about anyone move in, and do nothing to even attempt to stop the crime on the properties.

I needed a job which is why I stayed as long as I could, however, I went home a many a day troubled, at what was going on and feeling helpless. I tried to do my best while I was there, however, as soon as another opportunity came up, I was out
  more... of there. If you have a conscious and truly care about people; human beings, you will NOT be at the least bit happy working for this company. I am appalled at their work culture. The things they have written on their website in regard to their company is a joke, a blatant lie.  less
Pros
No weekends, decent hours
Cons
Very low pay, slum lords, sloppy turns on apartments, poor maintenance; understaffed, don't care about residents only about receiving money
I worked there. Amazing place to work. Lots to do and a fun atmosphere.
Maintenance Supervisor/Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 4, 2017
The new Property Manager is an awesome boss. I found a job closer to home or I'd still be there. Loved that place. If necessary I would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
35 minute drive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PK MANAGEMENT, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6