PK MANAGEMENT, LLC Employee Reviews

management is the worst
maint tech (Former Employee) –  Hollidaysburg, PAApril 25, 2018
A cut throat company everyone back stabs one another.If your not in the click management will find a way to get rid of you.To include working off the clock for free.Very poor management when it comes to supply's and materials to do a repair.
Pros
half hour lunch
Cons
management
horrible eperience
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2018
the "leaders" are awful. do not trust anyone. backstabbing, condemning, lying, unethical, etc, etc, etc
daily job threats and unreasonable demands are common
Pros
Cons
the owners should be ashamed of this management company
Leadership- Non Existent/Culture-Poor/Discrimination and Retaliation-Tolerated/ Gossip-Loved/ Hostile Work Environment-Encouraged
Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 25, 2018
All of the comments are true, both negative and positive. Unfortunately, there are not very many positive aspects of this company. It is unknown if the Owners of the Company don't really know what goes on or if they are a part of it. The Regional team spends more time discussing more like gossiping about staff as a means to break down credibility instead of jumping in and helping their team. The Blame Game is their number one means of entertainment instead of focusing on building skill and confidence. PK has to know that they are only as strong as their weakest link. They hire unqualified individuals for programs on their sites and wonder why their success rate is low. Every email sent is sent with sarcasm and negativity. Someone in their office has to add the numbers and realize that they're reaping what they sow.

The "Leader" is actually the follower and the Executive team can't figure out why every region the VP touches fails. The Regional team will break down anyone who poses a threat to them. Instead of building teams they are attempting to build individual power. Here is some insight, the behavior, accountability, response, negativity, attendance and all around environment at each property is a direct reflection of those leading the pack! Practice what you preach and lead by example. Treat your people the way you would want to be treated and the way you want to hear about them treating the tenants.
Pros
Other Managers/Maintenance
Cons
Insurance Premiums
One of the best management companies I’ve worked for
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  UsaFebruary 8, 2018
I’m reading other reviews & wondering who their managers were to have such terrible experiences. I love all the training, the fact someone is always there to answer your questions & they push you to be your best & groom to promote! Love this company!
Pros
Time off, flexibility, able to make a difference, travel
Cons
Benefits are pricey
Could've been Better
Temp- Compliance (Former Employee) –  Richmond, OHJanuary 30, 2018
I was placed at that job through a temp agency but unfortunately I was doing everything that wasn't in my skills requirement. They had me making up folders and cleaning out a room which had been very clustery and dusty. I just felt uncomfortable.
Pros
1 Hour Lunches
Cons
Unnecessary Work
Micro management stressful and lack of support from staff
Area Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 4, 2018
Over worked under paid; lack of support from upper management it's not your co-workers its upper management the owners are great it's the staff under the owners the staff is micromanaged does not allow staff to take ownership of property unless there is a violation with HUD or the City then the manager gets full responsibility and the blame is on them
Pros
bonuses room for advancement
Cons
lack of training lack of support from upper management micro management
Excellant company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 18, 2017
It was a caring company and encouraging company to work for; great for females with advancement opportunities and adequate pay. Offered employee morale boosting activities and opportunity to gain discounts in health care coverage.
Pros
Great company work for
The property is run by the residents and maintenance
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 8, 2017
Run, Run, Run, don't go pass go!!!!

I have experienced this first hand.. I wish that I had listened to the review before hand. lesson learnt.
just know whoever takes this position you will not have the support that you would think you should have.
Watch out for maintenance & regional that are close friends
Benefits
Cons
Politics, no support
Do not apply
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 6, 2017
Do Not Apply for employment with this company. Save yourself the humiliation of working for a company in which they strive to hire the most incompetent regional managers. These regional managers will treat you with rudeness. lies, unreasonable expectations. When the screaming and yelling is not enough, get ready then they will threaten you with your job, They believe that threatening employees is the answer to how you build teams and respect.
This company is the worst that I have ever had the misfortune of working for. No organization, No ethics no morals and the regional managers have never taken a class on how to manage.
You will not get Holidays off so do not believe that false advertisement that states you will. there is no training, there is no help from upper management. Also the corporate office staff is so busy covering their inept, unethical, immoral, regional manger's They do not , will not make corrections to the hostile work environment.
I await the law suit that will happen,.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
PK Management
FASC - Field Asset Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 24, 2017
Loved working here. Would not have left if I had not had to relocate. Started as a front desk receptionist and management trusted me with additional work which lead to my promotion from receptionist to Field Asset Service Coordinator within a couple of months of starting there.
Never a Dull Moment
Floating Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed the children and families on site, alot of traveling great training. And my bosses were fair. This company had lots of room for advancement and transfers
Pros
great vacation
Cons
health insurance co-pays
work with a variety of people
Financial Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHAugust 23, 2017
Good place to work. Lots of good people. Departments can work better with each other. Sometimes there are to many levels of management. They encourage fun activities per department and whole company to be involved in.
Pros
Fun activity at least once a month
Cons
Middle management will take credit but no blame
So sorry to say, but all the negative reviews are sadly true:-(
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 12, 2017
I came into this environment a few years ago, with a very positive attitude, hoping to make a difference, however, it is beyond sad what is going on in this organization. They are basically slum lords. I'm sadden for residents, and my heart hurts for them. Although some of the residents are a mess; however, their are some really good folks who also live on these properties who have fell on hard times. The way they rush and move folks in these decrepit apartments; I truly do not understand how they are getting away with it. Most of their apartments are not fit to be live in by anyone. They put the least amount of money possible into repairs; which is basically nothing, then office staff has to deal with the backlash from residents who are angry and upset, but you can't blame them. There are some good employees, however, most feel their hands are tied, so they simply bit the bullet and go with the flow. Sort of like an 'if you can't beat them, join them'. It's understood that this is a business, however, these people, the residents are still human and still deserve better than this. The are beyond outdated, poor appliances, sloppy touch up, sinking floors, leaks all over, overran with rodents, etc., the list goes on. They also seem to let just about anyone move in, and do nothing to even attempt to stop the crime on the properties.

I needed a job which is why I stayed as long as I could, however, I went home a many a day troubled, at what was going on and feeling helpless. I tried to do my best while I was there, however, as soon as another opportunity came up, I was out
  more... of there. If you have a conscious and truly care about people; human beings, you will NOT be at the least bit happy working for this company. I am appalled at their work culture. The things they have written on their website in regard to their company is a joke, a blatant lie.  less
Pros
No weekends, decent hours
Cons
Very low pay, slum lords, sloppy turns on apartments, poor maintenance; understaffed, don't care about residents only about receiving money
I worked there. Amazing place to work. Lots to do and a fun atmosphere.
Maintenance Supervisor/Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 4, 2017
The new Property Manager is an awesome boss. I found a job closer to home or I'd still be there. Loved that place. If necessary I would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
35 minute drive
Great place to get experience.
Social Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAApril 27, 2017
Great company to work for with great management team. However the same cannot be said for the property management department which works closely with service coordinators. The pay is generous, the benefits are a joke.
Pros
Pay is generous.
Cons
Property management department is a mess.
Please do not work here ever!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 14, 2017
This company does not care about their employees at all despite saying that it is a top priority. No one communicates to anyone else and upper mgmt is always busy covering their own butts instead of actually helping the properties.
Properties are barely staffed and the expectations are at best extremely unrealistic.
I myself had one pay period alone totaling 140 hours. The average was 120/pay period.
Managers are treated extremely badly for not being able to keep up with the unrealistic expectations and I've never seen turnover anywhere so high. They chew up and spit out employees constantly without a second thought.
The benefits they offer are extremely not worth it. Almost 700 every 2 weeks for employee and children. Not even the whole family being covered. I could go into so much and none of it would be good.
Save yourself from the worst property management company ever and do not apply ever. Working picking up dog waste would be much better than anything with PK Management.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Everything. Honestly everything
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Great environment, everyone is super friendly and helpful. The office is really nice. Very easy to work, lots of tools to help you get the job done
Run Away!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 20, 2017
All the negative reviews above are correct in every respect. How the company is still afloat is beyond me. Ridiculous policies, practices, deadlines and expectations. Any position you accept with this company will be the definition of overworked, underpaid and under appreciated. Every property is under staffed (if staffed at all) underfunded and 9/10 times, unsafe. They sing a song and dance about providing caring, positive and supportive work environments with plenty of training opportunities and the opportunity for advancement but in truth, they set managers up for failure and take zero responsibility for it. HUD and CHFA need to put this company out of business.
Pros
Cons
All of the above and every other negative review you find being correct.
Worst Management Company I've ever worked for!!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Denvet, ColoradoJanuary 12, 2017
You have no support from upper management at all. The way this company treats residents and employees is awful. The company talks about team work, but that is just a big joke. The workload is very overwhelming, and they expect you to work long hours and weekends to get it all done.

This company purchased too many properties at one time, and is now a sinking ship. They can't find qualified workers because no one that knows what they're doing wants to work for this company.
Pros
Cons
Rude Upper Management, Overwhelming workload, Not a team oriented company
High Salary, huge expectation
Property Management (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 8, 2017
The company needs to slow down and realize they are working with people. The workload makes no sense, management is very rude and doesn't listen to reasons on site staff needs help or is not meeting deadlines. The upper management is not proactive and it leaves on site staff working overtime to keep up. The company milks every minute from their employees, no thought of making sure the employees don't get burned out. The good is they pay well and give a bonus but expect to work continually to earn that money.
Pros
Great pay and bonus
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment, little direction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PK MANAGEMENT, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5