PKL SERVICES, INC. Employee Reviews

LEAD GROUND SUPPORT EQUIPMENT INSTRUCTOR/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaNovember 17, 2018
As the Lead Ground Support Equipment Instructor, the challenges were controlling the students commings and goings. They could come late to class and not shuw up for days and would be excused by thier leadership.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No student controll
Great group of Technicians to work with. Management is more interested in customers then their own people.
Aircraft Technician Instructor (Current Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaJuly 10, 2018
A typical day is conducting OJT on F-15SA aircraft to 10+ RSAF students. The job can be frustrating due to the culture differences between countries. Management appears to be more concerned with the customer than their own workers. Raises in Salary are non existent after 2 years of working and company claims they have no funds for raises. I believe the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the technicians that make it all happen.
EOD Trainer
EOD Instructor/Trainer/Integrator, (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiMay 29, 2018
Fantastic company. Saudi Arabia not so bad. People were wonderful. Driving was a bit scary. Workplace culture was incredible. A very delicate dance being politically correct and meeting corporate goals
Don't be the low man on the totem pole
MV-22 Mechanic (Former Employee) –  MCAS New River, NCMarch 21, 2018
The work environment was good for me considering previous military background. Work was fine, pay was good, benefits were good. Worked under a contract that was re-worked after a year and I got released after being there 3 months.
Not A good place to work.
Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
If you have any form of self worth than this is not the place for you. Management is barely seen and when they are they only care about whats best for the contract and not the employees.
Poorly ran company too many chiefs
Electronics Technician III (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCApril 9, 2017
I worked with the greatest group of mechs and techs, the field site lead was awesome, great supervisor nothing but praise. BUT as whole PKL is poorly ran too many head honchos, always confusing whos who....and whos in charge at a company level. Upper management eats up all the contract money taking trips here and there telling everyone stories of life when they were in the service....blah blah. Healthcare was expensive and pay was average not too shabby. Always be prepared and have money set aside because you never know when they will cut the contract.
Pros
Your on military schedule...96's and holidays
Cons
Pay and benefits....who is upper management?
Instructor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaJanuary 24, 2017
Great company to work for with room for advancement. I have been here almost four years and the contract keeps expanding. Many opportunities available within the company.
DRAMA filled work place with an uneasy job security
travel coordinator (Former Employee) –  Poway, CADecember 21, 2015
PKL is DRAMA BEHIND THE SCENES. Cut throat and fake! - Did I have a bad experience, yes. BUT in the interim I met A LOT of great people! However, I WOULD APPLY else where and save yourself from in-house corporate drama!
Pros
I honestly cannot think of any other then work events for, almost every holiday
Cons
HORRIBLE management. NEEDY Execs. junior managers with no experience and no mentoring!!!!!!!!
A great company to work for.
Team Lead/Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miramar CaliforniaOctober 13, 2015
Work as a Team Lead/Maintenance Controller/Mechanic level III the management is great to work with, a very structure organization. Take care of their employees, would work for them again if contract is available.
Pros
Structure, well organized.
Cons
Government contract, short term.
great place to work.
Level II Powerplant Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 13, 2015
People at work are knowledgeable and very willing to teach other personnel. It’s a great place to work. Supervisors and managers are flexible and willing to work with employees to make accommodations.
Worked for the Marine Corps
Quality Assurance Inspector/Phase Lead (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 3, 2015
Worked for the Marine Corps as a civilian as a helicopter mechanic. Worked 8 hours a day with weekends off. Management was great with great pay.
Fast Paced Heavy Workload
Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJuly 22, 2015
As I was the only electrician in my area at the time, I had a lot of work to do all the time. It was actually a great job when all said and done with NICE 401k benefits but not that great of leave benefits.
Pros
Awesome 401k plan
Workplace
F-15 Crew Chief Instructor (Current Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaJuly 20, 2015
Workplace performance was pretty good. All employees seem to work good together. Management was at the top of my list if I had to compare to other employers. If you had issues or problems they did all they could to help you out.
Good for temparary employment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaJune 27, 2015
Currently located overseas. The work experience is ok considering we must adhere to the local laws and regulations. Management does the best they can with the resources they have.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Away from family, Relations with the locals
Fun work place everyone got along really well ,
Airframe Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMarch 3, 2015
Work starts at 0700 and ends at 3:30 pm lunch was 30 minutes.
We would receive a pass down from the supervisor and or management for maint work load priorities.Depending on which work center Air frames , Avionics , Flight Line. who's ever done working would go and assist the other work centers. In other words we would cross train.
Pros
free to work as a professional
Cons
no more overtime
Great workplace
Aviation Mechanic Level II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, caFebruary 4, 2015
Sad the job had to come to an end. Great company to work for. Great atmosphere and the job itself was a blast. Looking forward to the company getting another contract.
Relaxed enviroment
Fiscal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 13, 2014
PKL Services is under contract with the United States Marine Corps to bring contractors in to fill positions on Camp Lejeune. I have learned a lot about the financial side of logistics in this position. A typical day is getting in at 6:30, 30 mins for lunch and leaving around 3 PM. We have a causal yet professional dress code.
The hardest part of the job would be the work load. It varies at times from our usual workload to very demanding depending on the Marine Corps units schedules. The most enjoyable part is the management is easy to work with and co workers are all easy to work with.
Lead Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  OceansideAugust 15, 2014
Lead Helicopter Mechanic supervised and instructed a team of 5 mechanics and upheld dynamic performance of daily inspections on aircrafts in a hostile environment
Poor senior managment
Quality Assurance Inspector, level 3 mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJune 10, 2014
No room for growth, promotions non existent
bad senior management
bad junior management
minimum pay and no wage increases.

overall a very poor company ran by a CEO that doesn't care and lies followed by borderline illegal actions of management.
Pros
easy work and one doesn't even have to know their job
Cons
bad management
Job satisfaction
Senior Ground Support Equipment Instructor (Current Employee) –  Poway CAApril 4, 2014
I manage three instructors and fifteen Royal Saudi Air Force trainees in which I write the course material and evaluate the instructors for proficiency and task knowledge. I have gained a lot of incite into how their military is so different and challenging. My co-workers here a great group to work with and our off work time is just as close.
The hardest part of the job is ordering parts from the US and getting them in a timely manner. The most enjoyable is watching all of my trainees take learning seriously and graduating ahead of schedule which make the F15 SA program look good.
Pros
Always room to excell
Cons
Limited down town resorces

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PKL SERVICES, INC.. Our community is ready to answer.