PKM Steel Service, Inc Employee Reviews

Management Bias
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJanuary 7, 2018
After my original supervisor resigned I felt my job security was greatly in jeopardy. Within 3 months or much less I was laid off due to lack of work even though I was the only one in my position in the company in a vital role. However I found out that on the next work day the person that held my job previously was back with the company in my position.
Pros
Great original supervisor
Cons
Company President
Hard work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSDecember 14, 2017
Fast pase, Manuel labor. The bosses and the company are good to work for if you don’t made not having a home life. Great benefits and great pay some what makes up for all the hours you work.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits.
Cons
Work 6 days a week.
not a good place to work
Structural Steel Welder (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJanuary 3, 2017
When I started I had to go through a staffing agency I was told I could get hired on in as little as 2 weeks and up to 3 months. I passed the weld test on the first day was doing as good as a lot of employees already there I gave it 3 months and they still didn't want to hire. I started out at $9.00 hr, Terrible place to work
Cultural issues that start at the top/
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSDecember 5, 2016
PKM could be a wonderful place to work on all levels.The biggest hurdle with any family owned business is the culture of stagnant negativity and non involvement from the bottom up.This was created by a life long involvement with no hopes of passing it on to someone who will take it to the next level.It is very difficult to over come family ties for the good of the business.
Pros
Great crew
Cons
Aging leadership and no planning for the future work force
PKM has a lot of turn-over especially in the middle management area, Thier compensation package was at a minimum.
Project Manager/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJanuary 21, 2013
PKM was not an enjoyable place to work, there were alot of fires to put out that I had no control over. I became the Misfabrication, send him to the site and fix it guy, lots of travel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PKM Steel Service, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

PKM Steel Service, Inc Reviews by Location