Placer County Employee Reviews

Run.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 30, 2018
Positions are filled using the buddy system, promotions are cherry-picked for those who ingratiate themselves to management. Abuse of power is common, caste system mentality. Work culture is demoralizing. Personnel Department unprofessional, consistently rude to applicants and fairly useless.
Do Not Go There
superviser/charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Placer County, CAApril 4, 2018
The County workers are great;MD's are great; There is a lot to fix ;inadequate staffing because Telecare (not county) pays too little.
Administration is a micro manager yet largely absent. If she is the best they have to offer they should close shop and go home!
Pros
Excellent MD's
Cons
Horrible Narcissistic Administrator
Placer county
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAFebruary 25, 2018
A great place to work!i would recommend this job to everyone that qualifies. Very friendly work environment. Great people. I am lucky to have a position there.
What I learned
CAREGIVER, HOME CARE ASSISTANCE (Current Employee) –  Granite Bay, CAJanuary 25, 2018
What I learned about a position as caregiver in Placer County is that the hours are flexible and that was good for me when my daughter was young but I am in need of a full time hours and I would like to continue with my employment as caregiver part time in addition to working full time at a senior care facility for example.
Pros
Nice clients and office staff, can work any shift, and a lot of hours.
Cons
There is no paid vacation of health benefits.
Productive and fun
IHSS Provider (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJanuary 22, 2018
I enjoy my job. Would like to get my CNA and move up. I would also like to make more than minimum wage. The hours can be long sometimes. Other than that I love working for Pacer country
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long hours at times
Great culture
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 10, 2017
I love working here and cannot imagine being a guest teacher anywhere else. I recommend that anyone looking for opportunities to guest teach teach in this district.
Peace officer position at the county level
Deputy (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAOctober 2, 2017
My current agency is a great place to work. I have been extremely successful while employed there. My co-workers are top-tiered in the field. My agency is the go-to place for lateral employees.

Hardest part of the job has been the loss of fellow officers. I have been involved in many hi-stress incidents.
be prepared
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAAugust 30, 2017
Placer county is not for the weak. Nothing else to say. If I was anyone looking for work today I personally would not recommend Placer County. The end done.
Pros
The pay and retirement
Cons
Prejudice, backstabbing, lying, micro managing
An educational job
Agricultural Inspector Aide (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAAugust 16, 2017
Working in the agriculture department of Placer County I was able to learn about the invasive species that were affecting crop production. With all of the agriculture in California it would be devastating if these insects were to invade our state.
review
Client Services Program Specialist/ Call Center (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAFebruary 3, 2017
I enjoyed working for placer county. I learned a lot of program knowledge that will assist me in the future. I had an excellent supervisor and great coworkers
Nice and rewarding enviroment
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I like working with elderly ,and being helpful.Rewarding to help people
with day to day activities.Making them feel better.I really never see my management work independently,I like it .The hardest part is leaving sometime the sad looks .they feel lonesome a lot. Being able to take them out around .and getting there errands and everything done.
Productive and great team
Account Clerk II at Department of Public Works (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAJanuary 17, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Placer County. The office staff was like a family and everyone worked together very well. The work flow was consistent and that was so important to me as a new mother.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Everyone truely want to help others
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAJanuary 8, 2017
I was a part-time Temporary Office Assistant working 20 hours per week. My duties varied widely from filing to assisting in investigations of potential clients for Public Guardian, or searching for data or next-of-kin to assist the Public Administrator.
Golden Handcuffs
Admin (Current Employee) –  Dewitt CenterMay 8, 2016
Very few in management have any leadership skills. Co-workers are usually a pretty cool bunch that do their best despite the lack of leadership. Have found this to be true in many departments.
Benefits are the best part, compensation is ruled by tax dollars, so you'll always be under paid compared to private industry.
Employee Engagement is attempting to happen, time will tell if management figures out that the term means they need to be engaging their employees.
Lots of new and young people joining the teams, lots of older folks retiring. Not much proactive planning for mentorships, so lots of local knowledge leaving with retirees.
The worst part is all the antiquated software. No new computer makes a difference. It's all slow and time consuming. But again, upgrading would use tax dollars and no one's figured out how to make the expense palatable to the public.
Co-workers keep me coming back.
Pros
Co-workers do care about the work. Benefits. Variety of work. Lateral mobility.
Cons
Disengaged management, loss of local knowledge, old technology.
Enjoyed working with such an amazing group of people who taught me a lot while I was Temp
Placer County Assessors Office Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Great place to work for as a Temp if you enjoy learning new things as well as working for the staff. If you get accepted and put on a list to work permanently you may enjoy it just as much as I did.
Great place for the right person.
IT Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAAugust 26, 2015
Great place for the right person. A different and dynamic IT Support environment then the industry standards. Potential for advancement for the right individual.
Working out of clients homes
In Home Support Service Provider/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 9, 2015
Can be fun, exhausting, yet satisfying. Management is the clients parent which is OK. A typical day is bathing, dressing, toileting, cooking, off to school, cleaning, errands, therapy, and bedtime. Very labor intensive with my client.
Cons
Too little pay for labor intensive work
Never got bored
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nevada StreetFebruary 28, 2015
I started out with dispensing medications to the mentally ill. Daily we would get new clients and I would Admit them. Daily I would write progress notes. I helped clients with their daily hygiene and then go teach living skills at their day re-hab center. Most classes were to help then with their daily living skills. The hardest part of the job was to admit a client to a more restricted environment,however most of my job duties were enjoyable as I like to see improvement in the clients well being and there were a lot of success stories.
Pros
Good working environment. healthcare, co-workers were all team players
Cons
Sometimes long hours.
I teach piano to clients of all ages and levels.
Independent Piano Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CaMay 8, 2014
As of right now, I teach private piano lessons to 25-30 clients. It's a wonderful job that I get so much fulfillment from. With this colorful job, I'm usually working from 2-8pm when students are available. I would like to get a part-time or full-time job where I can work in the early mornings and build upon my experience as a business major. I am a recent business/marketing graduate from Sacramento State.
Pros
Fulfillment
Cons
Available time in the mornings/early afternoons
Great job but I was just a Temp.. :)
Temporary Office Assistant (TOA) (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 3, 2014
I would have loved to have been hired/ or eventually be hired on with the County. I liked the people I worked with. They were down to earth and hard working.
Pros
Potlucks for any occasion, positive work environment, learned a lot, never bored
Cons
no benefits (Temporary work), pay is decent, when you run out of hours you have to wait until July to re-up which is very annoying.