Placer County Employee Reviews

Great people and rewarding job, antiquated HR policies
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAJuly 29, 2018
No flexibility to have a family, there is no flexibility on the schedule (8am-5pm), and you can't work from home, you can't come in early one day to leave early, you do your hours as they're scheduled. You really need to sacrifice family time to have a job. The job itself is very rewarding and the people that work there are very professional and knowledgeable but the lack of flexibility can be a problem.
Pros
You get a lot of training and a lot of experience
Cons
No flex schedules, no time for family
Working for Placer County had given me lots of experience in Public Service, daily routine work and got promoted as I started taking for duties.
Assessment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAJune 21, 2018
I work with my staff as a team. We made sure work produced as accurate and done on timely manner. I cross trained my staff in all areas and made sure they understood each others work. My supervisors and Managers always appreciated the way I world inform them our workload, problems and ideas that should solve the problems. I was able to absorb more duties that were not related to my Divisions.
Pros
County Picnic that had free lunch
Cons
Need workout room
Run.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 30, 2018
Positions are filled using the buddy system, promotions are cherry-picked for those who ingratiate themselves to management. Abuse of power is common, caste system mentality. Work culture is demoralizing. Personnel Department unprofessional, consistently rude to applicants and fairly useless.
Leadership not able to manage with new and inovative ideas
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAMay 25, 2018
Placer County has many talented and dedicated employees. The County has and continues to struggle in areas typical for government. Work environment is not conducive to creativity or flexibility.
Do Not Go There
superviser/charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Placer County, CAApril 4, 2018
The County workers are great;MD's are great; There is a lot to fix ;inadequate staffing because Telecare (not county) pays too little.
Administration is a micro manager yet largely absent. If she is the best they have to offer they should close shop and go home!
Pros
Excellent MD's
Cons
Horrible Narcissistic Administrator
What I learned
CAREGIVER, HOME CARE ASSISTANCE (Current Employee) –  Granite Bay, CAJanuary 25, 2018
What I learned about a position as caregiver in Placer County is that the hours are flexible and that was good for me when my daughter was young but I am in need of a full time hours and I would like to continue with my employment as caregiver part time in addition to working full time at a senior care facility for example.
Pros
Nice clients and office staff, can work any shift, and a lot of hours.
Cons
There is no paid vacation of health benefits.
Placer county
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAFebruary 25, 2018
A great place to work!i would recommend this job to everyone that qualifies. Very friendly work environment. Great people. I am lucky to have a position there.
Productive and fun
IHSS Provider (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJanuary 22, 2018
I enjoy my job. Would like to get my CNA and move up. I would also like to make more than minimum wage. The hours can be long sometimes. Other than that I love working for Pacer country
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long hours at times
Peace officer position at the county level
Deputy (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAOctober 2, 2017
My current agency is a great place to work. I have been extremely successful while employed there. My co-workers are top-tiered in the field. My agency is the go-to place for lateral employees.

Hardest part of the job has been the loss of fellow officers. I have been involved in many hi-stress incidents.
An educational job
Agricultural Inspector Aide (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAAugust 16, 2017
Working in the agriculture department of Placer County I was able to learn about the invasive species that were affecting crop production. With all of the agriculture in California it would be devastating if these insects were to invade our state.
Great culture
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 10, 2017
I love working here and cannot imagine being a guest teacher anywhere else. I recommend that anyone looking for opportunities to guest teach teach in this district.
be prepared
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAAugust 30, 2017
Placer county is not for the weak. Nothing else to say. If I was anyone looking for work today I personally would not recommend Placer County. The end done.
Pros
The pay and retirement
Cons
Prejudice, backstabbing, lying, micro managing
Great environment to meet and work with like-minded talented individuals
HEAT Help Desk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAFebruary 14, 2013
Deal with e-mail communication, report in with project manager, identify requirements, schedule meetings with other required team members, work on, develop and test solutions. Project management, with a large scope project, can become very tedious and take away precious time from working on the actual project as we were limited in time available to complete the project. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing solutions / tasks being completed.
Pros
work ends at 5:00 pm, unless other priorities dictate (not common).
Cons
would have preferred working past 5:00 pm
I teach piano to clients of all ages and levels.
Independent Piano Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CaMay 8, 2014
As of right now, I teach private piano lessons to 25-30 clients. It's a wonderful job that I get so much fulfillment from. With this colorful job, I'm usually working from 2-8pm when students are available. I would like to get a part-time or full-time job where I can work in the early mornings and build upon my experience as a business major. I am a recent business/marketing graduate from Sacramento State.
Pros
Fulfillment
Cons
Available time in the mornings/early afternoons
Never got bored
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nevada StreetFebruary 28, 2015
I started out with dispensing medications to the mentally ill. Daily we would get new clients and I would Admit them. Daily I would write progress notes. I helped clients with their daily hygiene and then go teach living skills at their day re-hab center. Most classes were to help then with their daily living skills. The hardest part of the job was to admit a client to a more restricted environment,however most of my job duties were enjoyable as I like to see improvement in the clients well being and there were a lot of success stories.
Pros
Good working environment. healthcare, co-workers were all team players
Cons
Sometimes long hours.
Nice and rewarding enviroment
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I like working with elderly ,and being helpful.Rewarding to help people
with day to day activities.Making them feel better.I really never see my management work independently,I like it .The hardest part is leaving sometime the sad looks .they feel lonesome a lot. Being able to take them out around .and getting there errands and everything done.
Great job but I was just a Temp.. :)
Temporary Office Assistant (TOA) (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 3, 2014
I would have loved to have been hired/ or eventually be hired on with the County. I liked the people I worked with. They were down to earth and hard working.
Pros
Potlucks for any occasion, positive work environment, learned a lot, never bored
Cons
no benefits (Temporary work), pay is decent, when you run out of hours you have to wait until July to re-up which is very annoying.
Sacramento County Juvenile Hall
Client Services Practitioner II (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CADecember 10, 2012
Catholic Healthcare West had a contract with Sacramento County Juvenile Hall to provide mental health counseling to its incarcerated youth. I don't know if that contract is still in existence.
Pros
custodial experience that i would never obtain in a classroom.
Cons
the salary was pretty low. $38, 000 in 2000. i don't know what it's like now.
Working out of clients homes
In Home Support Service Provider/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 9, 2015
Can be fun, exhausting, yet satisfying. Management is the clients parent which is OK. A typical day is bathing, dressing, toileting, cooking, off to school, cleaning, errands, therapy, and bedtime. Very labor intensive with my client.
Cons
Too little pay for labor intensive work
Everyone truely want to help others
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAJanuary 8, 2017
I was a part-time Temporary Office Assistant working 20 hours per week. My duties varied widely from filing to assisting in investigations of potential clients for Public Guardian, or searching for data or next-of-kin to assist the Public Administrator.