Placon Corporation Employee Reviews

its a good job
Thermoforming roll fed Operator (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIMarch 15, 2019
I liked working there. every one was pretty understanding with new people and trying to learn what to do. The job is fairly easy to learn. The setups are easy to do.
The money was goid
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIFebruary 28, 2019
In the beginning it was , it was exciting . I learned a lot quick . I started off as a packer , and moved up to an recycling technician . I was trained on lock out tagged out and a year later I transferred to warehouse.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
The point system
Good place to challenge your self
Plastic packaging (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MADecember 8, 2018
The job was a little ruff but it’s life nothing is easy and my coworkers were fun to be around. Good people. I learned a lot working there. My supervisor was an awesome guy
Great place to work.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 23, 2018
If you want a career, apply at Placon. Your gonna work with the best people you ever worked with in your entire working carrer. I am 30 years old and this by far the best job I have ever had.
Pros
Non stressful, perfection over speed, and friendly co workers.
Cons
Nothing.
Great place to work!
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WISeptember 18, 2018
This is a large company with an incredible amount of manufacturing processes going on. Great learning experience from very experienced staff members and management.
Corprate
Parts picker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 5, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Plenty of overtime if you need it. Fun atmosphere. Monthly lunches and catered food for Saturday work. Would recommend this place.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Can be hot.
Great company
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 20, 2018
Hardwork great pay great benefits people friendly very challenging work but you get compensated forward this is a great company to work for and I would recommend it to everyone I loved working there.
fun work place
warhouse worker (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJuly 18, 2018
Placon took over Plastic Packaging Corporation and that acquisition certainly benefited all employees including myself. New Innovative plans put into motion as well as techniques. I was so lucky to be one of the employees that was asked to stay on. Inspection and training of new employees with information of Quality defects was certainly helpful with ability to do well at their job
as much as i remember
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIMarch 4, 2018
honestly i dont remember much it was some time ago. I know we clocked in at 10 hit the line to put together boxes. Stuff them with plastic items that we made for Gilet razor. Thats basically it.
very competitve and excellent workplace
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAFebruary 2, 2018
Pros
work hours, professional workplace
Cons
nothing
not a good workplace culture
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MANovember 2, 2017
The management does not support the ideas of the staff. The hardest workers only gets more work the lazy workers get less and less. The company tries not to hire from the inside always finds reasons for someone to stay in current position .
Not a bad company to work for.
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 30, 2017
Its has been over 5 years since i left but things were pretty decent when i was working there.
HMO insurance
Dental
401K Match
Profit sharing
Decent wages
Pros
Pay, PTO policy, Profit sharing
Cons
Hours
Company culture really needs some work
Office (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 10, 2017
Workplace culture needs a lot of work. Too many people are forced to do the job of 2 or 3 people. Management is too worried about numbers and the bottom line to pay attention or do anything about it.
Fast pace and very demanding
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 27, 2017
My job is very demanding and fast paced.The pay is good but for the amount of work we have to do I feel we should be paid more. I feel they could do better at hiring and recruiting within. The management team is not very well organized in my opinion.
Pros
great wage
Cons
hours per day
great company
Tool Vault Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 30, 2017
great company. fast growing. Hard to keep up with all the growth. 24/7 12 hour schedule is demanding. The days off during the week do not make up for the lost time with your family. The most enjoyable part was the coworkers. We were once treated like family. Due to rapid growth, the family attitude disappeared.
Not a good place to work
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 24, 2017
Management has little to no respect for its employees. Many ties I had heard managers verbally berating an employee with vulgar language. Do not ever work there.
Great Atmosphere
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 23, 2017
Hard Work & Dedication... Great Crew very helpful and patient. Most enjoyable part is working as a unit with so mant great people. Placon is a family.
Pros
30m breaks
unsatisfied
Automation Technician / fabrication (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAAugust 21, 2017
poor managment, un qualified. they need to remove people from the top down. other than that not a bad place..........................................................
Fun place to work
Third Shift Manager/Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 4, 2017
Good benefits and great people. The people are hard working and they get paid well for their work. Management for the most part treats its employees good and the benefits are very good.
awful
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 7, 2017
A typical day at Placon, is to punch in and go to your assigned machine, were you pick and inspect plastic parts off a line. Then pack parts according to customer specification. When machine is down you run your tubs and other tubs to re-grind. Sweep area your working at,and around the warehouse or help out at other machines until machine is back up. I learned a little bit about the machines, and what the manufactured parts were for. Management would talk to you in a condescending way. The workplace culture was awful, Operators were disrespectful, there was lack of help and training. if you couldn't keep up with you line. Bad communication, from operators to temps. There's always new faces, they have a high turn over rate. The hardest part was having to keep up with parts that are coming off a fast line. The breaks were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
paid lunch, and breaks
Cons
short breaks, lack of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Placon Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight