Plainfield Community Consolidated School District 202 Employee Reviews

Stay away from permenant/ sub custodian jobs
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILJanuary 21, 2019
If I had more room the things i could tell you. This place is very racist. If you are a minority working here i want you to know if and when you get into a spat with a coworker or anything of the sort you will not be protected. Not only from the district but also from the union who has been put in place to protect you. They will NOT take your side they will brush what you say to the side regarding anything especially anything to do with discrimination or racism. You will be told not to speak about it. If you are going through this it is best to go directly to EEO and make a complaint. They treat you like dirt. The administrators and secretarys have very horrible attitudes. The head custodians are lazy and there are no reprecussions for them and the things they do because everyone is too afraid to speak up. There is a severe power struggle and lack of communication in every department. The substitute custodians are called at the drop of a dime and are required to come in as soon as they call. They get no holiday pay or no pay for getting sent to a school and getting sent back home as soon as they get there if they get called back at all. The permanant custodians despite how much work they do get little to no benefits. They work 6 hours a day( there are barely any 8 hour positions except for head custodians and high schools) and are expected to vacuum, mop, take out trash, dust, clean bathrooms, set up meetings and do maintainence like changing light bulbs, celing tile, cleaning filters every night! Within six hours and god forbid you have a lazy head custodian that passes off  more... work! And these are big schools. You come in at 11.50 an hour working 30 hours a week thats just barely 600 dollars every two weeks and then they have thr never to try to offer you medial at 350 every two freaking weeks! My god need I say more. Just stay away. The union is always getting kicked around theres no loyalty no structure no anything just avoid the headache and got to another district.SERIOUSLY!!  less
Pros
No weekends or holidays
Cons
Racist atmosphere, low pay, poor union, no organization, sucky benefits
Groundskeeper overworked position
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILOctober 15, 2018
Worst school district management ever. Typical government worker attitude with do as least as possible. But for what they pay, why do any more than you have to. When your not being overworked during the summer, they make you a janitor during the winter months when there is no outside work to do. Or you could be a painter with the district's two unqualified painters. You would expect more from the 5th largest school district in Illinois, but DON"T! The union is a joke that has no pull with he district whatsoever.
Pros
Your supervisor could care less!
Cons
Your supervisor could care less!
Very political School District and afraid to stand up to minorites!
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Elementary SchoolApril 26, 2018
If you don't follow their law of political correctness, they build a phony hit list about your job performance and get rid of you. The Union is the most useless union I've ever seen with poor representation! Human resources needs to be fired as their salaries are $100K+, their employees are weak and they don't deserve that money whatsoever while custodians hardly make anything now! The most political School District I've worked for in 25 years and I wouldn't recommend 202 to anyone!
Pros
Weekends and Holidays off
Cons
Political School District:Overpaid Human Resources employees:Unfair treatment
Great staff and students
Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILApril 16, 2018
Overall a great place to work. The teachers in the district are hard working and supportive, and open to new ideas. The teachers are given a lot of opportunity for growth.
Pros
A lot of opportunity for growth
Cons
Very few stable part time positions
Excellent School District
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILMarch 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time as a Substitute teacher for Plainfield schools district. The faculty and principal recommended for a long term FMLA leave to sub for, when that job ended they referred me to another. It was a great place to sub while I looked for a more permanent position.
Pros
Short, easy days.
Cons
Temporary work status
dont waste your time working for the custodian posiciĆ³n
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILDecember 4, 2017
You dont want to work has a custodian for the plainfield school district what a waste of time it is your part of union they dont care about you just taking the money management sucks nasty environment to work at staff is disrespectful head custodian complaint about everything how you dress walk talk clock in everything raicist to little pay for all the dirty work plus they make you do they steal your last check when you quit disgusting racist and ignorant place to work at!!
Cons
No brakes they want work at all times
Great flexibilty and very rewarding
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILMay 7, 2017
I enjoy that I make my own schedule as a substitute teacher. I can decide what grades I would like to teach and what days. I typically enjoy working with elementary students.
Generally Good School District
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILMay 16, 2016
The school district, in general, is good to work for. There are a few schools that I would avoid, if given the choice due to poor organization/management.
Too large to function sufficiently
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILNovember 5, 2015
The district is simply too large to provide teachers or students with the needs they have. New curriculums or ideologies are implemented all the time, but each building does it differently, so no on is ever on the same page.
Great atmosphere
Special Education Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILSeptember 30, 2015
I work for an excellent principal. The job can be emotionally tiring at times but our administrators and coworkers make it easy to work through. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing students make wonderful progress in their development.
Pros
Great hours, work/home balance, great atmosphere
Cons
Low pay
Positive work environment
Special Education School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILAugust 22, 2014
I worked with professional, caring co-workers. Parents were involved and interested in their children's education. Administrators were accessible and supportive.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
There was a lot of work outside the school day
Freelance Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILAugust 6, 2014
Was a great place to learn and gain experience in my field. The people are very friendly.