Plainridge Park Casino Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
low pay
Lead Surveillance Agent (Current Employee) –  Plainville, MAJune 8, 2018
Would not recommend. No job opportunity unless you relocate to another state. No union. Benefits are not great. High turnover. No one has Casino experience outside of Plainridge Park.
Pros
slow
Cons
stick around for a half hour after work or loose the time.
Great Place to live
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MAApril 20, 2018
I was there for 3 years. Enjoyed going to work every day. Management was top notch. Treated employees as family. I left to move to Oregon to be with my girlfriend
Pros
discounts. Friendly atmosphere. good wages
Cons
short on staff
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Plainville, MA 02762April 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is the fellow co-workers I work with and have become friends with. Certain management also works to make the schedule and environment fair for all of us employees.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Long hours, bad compensation
Fun Place/Wonderful Patrons
Player Services Cashier (Current Employee) –  Plainville, MAFebruary 26, 2018
A typical day at work is at times very busy (I love that) However on slower nights it can be a long day. I have learned that there are ppl in the world that enjoy this kind of entertainment on a daily basis. My Manager is A Great person. The work place is very clean and overall a great environment. There is no hard part of the job. The Most enjoyable part is to meet new people and Be in a fun environment.
Pros
Food discounts, free drinks, popcorn, ice cream
Cons
Short breaks, No shift differential, Not Enough per hr.
Fun Place/Bad Pay
Cashier/Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MAJanuary 30, 2018
Great people to work with. Lots of security and very busy during swing shift and overnights. Low pay and not a ton of tips as promised at hire. Would go back if they paid better
Gaming licences needed
Host (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MAJanuary 21, 2018
Not a bad place to work,but as with any job, there will be people who try to make your job harder, whether that be guests of other employees. Do your job and go home.
Pros
20% off food discount
Cons
short breaks
A typical day at the office
F&B Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plainville, MA 02762January 2, 2018
Payroll
Upkeep with employee files
Run Reports
Meetings if applicable
Work on special projects as assigned
Work closely with management & employees
Great place to work!
Pros
Fun atmosphere
slow paced casino with scrict management and small enviroment
Main banker (Current Employee) –  Plainville, MADecember 10, 2017
a typical day at work is slow but varies on the promotions of the casino. I have learned many things working in such an enviroment. you learn how earn skills with customer service and basic math skills are used everyday. the management is strict but friendly. there are many different employees and work skills put to the test all the time. the hardest part of the job is keeping constantly busy. the most enjoyable part of the day is working with friendly coworkers and meeting so many new guestsin the casino
Too many people quitting
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MANovember 17, 2017
I would come into work very early because They gave me over what I was expected to make. I would order the food I needed for the week and I never would get my order. I did not learn anything. The management was very poor.
Great Place to work and grow
Director of Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MAOctober 17, 2017
From the beginning of the project it was an enjoyable experience. The corporate office was heavily involved in the project and continued to be a great support.
Co-workers and Managers make it an enjoyable place to work.
Program Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plainville, MA 02762September 22, 2017
Since the job involves money, you are under surveillance cameras throughout your shift. It is important that you calculate revenue correctly. Live Racing days are busier than normal. There are many repeat customers. The employees I work with are great people and very friendly and helpful.
Fellow employees are great, not so much for the company.
EVS Attendant (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MAJune 27, 2017
It is a good job, and gives stable hours. If overtime is available grab it. The people I worked with as well as other employees are great people including the customers.
Pros
great atmosphere, fellow employees are great
Cons
Point system
Main cook
chef (Former Employee) –  plainvilleMay 31, 2017
As one of the main cooks in line i got adjusted to the food on the menu and some of the different dishes. I performed fast in a fast paced kitchen with other peers hand in hand to both cook and serve food.
Pros
free lunches
Dishwasher or steward
Steward & Kitchen Maintenance Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MAMarch 21, 2017
Usually leftover dishes overnight and alot deep cleaning for two restaurants and how to deep clean everything . Everbody was really close . Closing at the end of night and leaving work
Pros
Good benifts
Cons
short breaks
Has it's days.
Cook, Lead (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MAMarch 3, 2017
There are some things that keep me from giving a better review. The management is mediocre, and you never feel like you're doing a good job, even if you know you are.
Cons
The people
Busy place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Plainville, MAFebruary 16, 2017
Keeps your mind and body occupied, good environment and good people to work with. Management is respectful and food isn't bad. Good opportunity to meet new people
Not what I expected
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MADecember 29, 2016
I loved working at Plainridge and being a part of the first casino in Mass. Just a great group of people. My supervisors were amazing. Unfortunately the salary wasn't great and neither were the benefits.
There are no paid holidays, you have to use PTO. For me, there was no room for advancement (unless you want to move to a different property). That was a problem for me.
Pros
Great Environment/Great People
Cons
No holidays, low salaries, No room for advancement
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MADecember 9, 2016
If you love helping people and seeing people win money this is a great place to work. I love putting a smile on peoples face. The back of the house is really nice and the cafeteria is an excellent place
Very Low Wages
Security (Current Employee) –  Plainville, MAOctober 28, 2016
Security starts at $12 hr. You can get that anywhere from numerous private security companies. Seldom any overtime. Ugly mustard colored uniform ! (Not that color matters, but they don't look professional)
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Low wage
Overall a good company
Fluties server (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MASeptember 24, 2016
I began at Fluties before the casino opened, and it was such an exciting time to see it come together. There were some difficulties at the beginning - mostly that we were VERY understaffed and were much busier than we were prepared for. We would all be stuck with 8+ tables and then continue to be double sat..I definitely shed a few tears in the back of house on a busy weekend night! The money was fantastic. It is a union job so you get paid 5.50 an hour and with tips I would easily make 300 on a weekend night. Management had some hiccups but everything has since been sorted out. One drawback is you have to bid on a schedule by seniority, I had to leave because I was pushing it with multiple jobs. I still work at the casino though so not bad! I miss Fluties!
Pros
Benefits, good tips
Cons
Schedule bid, strict policies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plainridge Park Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Plainridge Park Casino Reviews by Location