Plains All American Pipeline Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Management has made that place hostile and stressful environment
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXJuly 13, 2018
Current management is a joke! Favortism goes on big time. Out of district drivers get taken care of better then their own drivers. All Abilene personnel make up their own rules and break policy to accommodate them! Some are even racist! This is why they cant keep people there!
Benefits
Cons
They cant keep people or work.
If you like job security
Pipeline Controller (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 24, 2018
Control Room is run by uneducated managers that lack basic supervisor skills.

Managers are not consistent and depending whom you are related to depends what they will tell you.

There is no clear direction on career advancement.

Promotions are reserved for upper managements' family and personal friends.

The pay is good and the time off is awesome but during your shift schedule its impossible to get a routine sleep.

Great job stability, they wont fire anyone, ever, no matter how many unsafe and costly mistakes they make.
Pros
Job Stability, Pay, Corporate Management is good
Cons
Horrible Managers and Supervisors
Nice schedule with half day Fridays!
Pipeline Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2018
Enjoyed working at Plains. Good leadership and nice schedule with half day Fridays! Loved the group I was in, and learned a lot while I was with Plains.
Plains
Pipeline Tech (Former Employee) –  Colorado City, TXJune 20, 2018
Worked 40 hours a week. Traveled within 150 miles of my location. I worked hard to earn my salary. I was not given a fair chance as a young Hispanic. I learned how to complete my tasks in a timely manner, while helping out those around me who got behind. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning more about the oil industry.
Pros
company vehicle
Political and cut throat. Good communication is encouraged. But don't rock the boat.
I&E Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 10, 2018
Not a good place to work unless you are part of the clique. Good pay and benefits. Company lacks proper training and opportunities for advancement. Management caters to a select few.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
No job security
Great company. Management in Pecos needs to go.
Crude Oil Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXMay 31, 2018
Great company with great benefits. The downside is current management in Pecos plays favorites manipulates dispatch to benefit favorites. Also current management makes up rules to micromanage drivers. No appreciation toward hard working employees. Also when a driver submits any hourly pay the supervisor will not approve but maybe 1/4 of the hours submitted and will not inform you of it.
Pros
Great benefits and good mechanics.
Cons
Management is horrible. H.R. is impossible to get a hold of in pressing issues.
It was a good place to work
Stringing Inspector/Utility Tie-Ins/Coating (Former Employee) –  Cashion, OKMay 9, 2018
I was third party inspector for Plains. I enjoyed the work environment.
Everyone was very professional. I would definitely do a job for them again in the future.
If you enjoy work challeneges and variety in your workday, this career is for you!
Maintenance and Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Green Springs, OHApril 27, 2018
This is a very challenging job, where as a technician, you were required to perform most of your task with supervision. This is very rewarding for those who can handle the responsibilities to completing their task and report weekly to the main office, followed up by work orders. Often the Federal and State DOT was involved to ensure the personnel are following recommended safety standards. There are many follow-ups to required OSHA training and documentation to ensure personal safety goals are being met.
Pros
Company vehicle and gas card for work and emergency response. Pay is very good and added overtime.
Cons
Workdays are never the same, somedays can be very long or your called out in the middle of the night multiple times.
Sneaking, never to know what’s taking place
Fleet (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2018
Management, supervisors, managers all are above anyone else. You’re treated as if you don’t know anything yet they know it all even though you have degree and experience.
Pros
Medical
Cons
Compensation
No longer fun
Corrosion Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 21, 2018
The job was ok until I got a new supervisor and he was over bearing and he made it a stressful place to work. Nobody knew more about anything than him. He was very egotistical and he treated everybody like they were beneath him. I was a dedicated employee and I did enjoy my job with my prior supervisor which I had for 9 years.
Benefits
Cons
Pay could have been better
Good Opportunity
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2018
Tax requires long hours and overtime during peak filing periods.
Many opportunities to attend seminars and workshops.
Team environment in a number of departments.
Pros
Seminars and Workshops
Cons
Overtime during peak times
not the best
Terminal Operator II (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 25, 2018
management is a big problem at plains if you are related or a good friend then you get raises and advancement. they hire there family members and good friends and pay them better than current workers. nepotism is a huge problem.
fast passed cut throat Company
Construction Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 20, 2018
I learned a lot of skills with this company but the ability to promote up in this company is almost none. lowest pay in the industry. very poor communication between the multiple departments in this company.
Pros
skills
Cons
poor managment
Unsophisticated business processes
Senior Business Process Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2018
Plains Pipeline is very much a "mom and pop" type operation in terms of their culture. The are a strong performer in their market, but culturally, it did not agree with my preferences.
good company benefits
Commission Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2018
Plains All American is a good company to work with. The benefits are great as well as the pay. They allow employees to make decisions in the field and support the employee.
Going down hill. FAST
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Plains is reeling in a competitive market. Losing work and contracts and their stock price reflects that. They have old deteriorating pipeline and facilities on top of massive debt I can foresee plains selling out trucking. They shut the yard down I was at and they relocated me to Pecos where it was supposedly booming. After a while they started treating us like we were a burden and said we had to leave the housing facility. And After the fact they said we had to stay for a year before we could go back to home terminal. It got to the point where they couldn't even scrape up a load between 5 different areas. Bad communication among everything else. So i quit. Glad i did. due to too many drivers a BUNCH of contractors and lack of work. Benefits are good. Management isn't. Run like the wind. Go with enterprise. A LOT better.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement
exciting and challenging job but lack of professionalism in management
E&I Technician (Current Employee) –  Cotulla, TXFebruary 5, 2018
loved the job... was stand alone with creating and fulfilling my schedule... self motivated and always completed tasks on or ahead of schedule... never been treated so poorly by upper management until Plains All American.... very unprofessional
Pros
challenging and exciting job atmosphere
Cons
poorly treated and cursed at by management
Contract work not appreciated
Contract Counsel (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Very good operations management. Mid-level management is the problem. People are very friendly. Interesting work, although teamwork downward is lacking.
Great company
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Excellent company didn’t want to leave but I had to.Paid very well and management was very laid back.Im sad that my old yard didn’t last as long as I thought but my experience here was wonderful I really miss a lot of things about it oh well
productive & fun
Western Division Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Workplace is professional with no pressure to work. Plenty of work to do to stay busy and work is what I like to do so I just keep on working. The location of my work is close to home.
Pros
vehicle perks and other company subsidies.
Cons
upward moving positions are not aavailable.