Plains All American Pipeline Employee Reviews

productive and good place to work at, family like company
Welder inspector (Former Employee) –  Mathis, TXAugust 5, 2019
was built on professional atmosphere and great management team and everyone a team player. even contractors were ok as well.

took care of each one of us... everyone helped each other... great atmosphere to be around and enjoyed every second of it!
The three stooges who run greeley are so into themselves that they dont care about no one but themseles
Crude oil driver and purchaser (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 18, 2019
The three stooges in management and the head moron in Houston are so corrupt and into themselves that the harder you work for them the stupider they get and take credit for themselves,Houston needs to do a investigation on these 4 stories before they totally take this one great company down
Very interesting and fun place to work
Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wink, TXJuly 16, 2019
I loved my position there and it was always exciting to go to work, I enjoyed working with all my co-workers and third party contractors. I look forward to working there again soon.
Excellent Driving Career
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXJune 27, 2019
Excellent driving career and excellent pay! Trucking management is highly engaged in ensuring operations is ran the way a crude transport business should be ran. It definitely shows in their service and in the manner they treat their drivers/employees. Highly recommend pursuing a driving position and career with Plains. Home every night, average 4-5 loads per shift and a $$$ six figure income $$$.
Independent workplace
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LAJune 25, 2019
I liked the freedom of being on my own at work, the schedule was difficult and not enough time off on weekends. Really liked my immediate supervisor and coworkers.
Excellent Company with Great Benefits
IT Service Desk Tier II Contractor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2019
I am not an employee but a contractor. But based on my observation, the company is very good with taking care of their employees. I like the fact that they have a 9-80 program where you can work longer hours during the week so you can have Fridays off. The work/life balance is not really great.
Pros
9-80 is a great benefit
Cons
Workload is not fairly distributed.
Best oilfield company to work for
Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  TXJune 18, 2019
Slow pace very friendly environment ,great benefits, 9+ paid holidays , vacation, service truck take home,great training ,M-F weekends off , very safe work environment
worthless and poor management
driver full time (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXJune 12, 2019
Managers are unqualified for their positions. Total deadwood. Why they have jobs I cant fathom. They'd be fired anywhere else. Abusive and vindictive. Supervisors and yard manager. Plains needs to wake up and wipe their floor clean of this scum.
Pros
Cons
all I mentioned
easy job
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2019
Work was easy. test oil, good trucks, short hauls home every night. worked in all kinds of weather. great benefits. if your lazy driver its not for you. great exercise
Amazing company to work with. Fast Paced, and Growing!
Project Manager, Chief, Inspection (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 14, 2019
Awesome Company doing difficult work, without destroying the environment. Fair to the public, and workers. Growing pains as the company grows, seems to be the achilles heel, if there is one. Though I was unfamiliar with day to day pipeline construction, I was aware of Pipeline Safety, for First Responders by attending yearly classes Hosted by Plains All American Pipeline all over the US. The Company is on the cutting edge of the technology, and realizes cutting edge is a constant change.
Due to the nature of the job, Everyone hates the Safety Man! I quickly saw that the Normal approach to Job Safety is not effective. Hard nose, "I'm going to Fire YOU!" seems to work till Safety is out of site. Education of the workers in Why Safety is needed, and understanding expectations was a Joy! In a mere few weeks "Crews" become "Family." It is second nature to look after Family. The job I did, turned into being one of my most rewarding.
Pros
Amazing folks
Cons
Was a temporary job to facilitate completion of that Project.
Na
Desktop Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2019
There is a lot of underhand and sneaky people working at Plains. Most are the managers who get a promotion by knowing a relative of someone else. A company that's going down.
Good company.
Office Manager,Title and, Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2019
Worked as a contract employment. Plains was a fair and good company. Work conditions were remote, able to work independently and with supervision when needed.
Management has made that place hostile and stressful environment
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXMay 4, 2019
Current management is a joke! Favortism goes on big time. Out of district drivers get taken care of better then their own drivers. All Abilene personnel make up their own rules and break policy to accommodate them! Some are even racist! This is why they cant keep people there!
Benefits
Cons
They cant keep people or work.
Working in the Training Department made me physically ill
Training Department (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2019
This is the most toxic and dysfunctional job I've ever held in my career marked by constant turnover, miserable staff, low productivity, disorganization, out of date processes and technologies, and unsupportive and unqualified leadership. The entire department needs an overhaul and reorg.
Good Job
Pipeline Operator II (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXApril 23, 2019
Great job to have with excellent benefits. Wonderful working hours making it to where I could come home every night to be with my family. Pay cap to early.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 16, 2019
I have a fast pace work environment with minimal supervision. I work closely with many drivers and different oil industries. Have to make fast and important decisions.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
work weekends
Good job
Crude Oil Buyer/Hauler (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 26, 2019
Great job when the oil economy is good. Management is friendly, you get to start pretty much whenever you want, you don't have to deal with many people. Dispatch is pretty good.
Pros
starting time
Cons
oil economy
Great place to work family oriented they take care of there employees
Driver (Current Employee) –  Elk City, OKMarch 18, 2019
I enjoy working here if the drivers didn’t spread so many rumors that ain’t true more drivers would stay great place to work if you are willing to do what is necessary if it does get slow in your area
Pros
Great benefits home every day good pay
Cons
Drivers running there mouth about things they don’t know are true or not
Na
Trucking (Former Employee) –  TXMarch 10, 2019
Plains was good when I first started but now I wouldn't recommend. They developed a terrible reputation with customers and other midstream companies. With looming debt and marginal profit, I would bet trucking will sell out soon.
Benefits
Cons
Bad outdated business model
Great company to work
Tanker Truck Driver-Crude Oil Transporter (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 7, 2019
Great company to work for , Great benefits , great working culture, besides the sever weather conditions , and occasional equipment issues plains was one the best places I have ever worked
Pros
greath pay, great working inviroment, great benifits
Cons
Weather conditions are server