Plains All American Pipeline

Plains All American Pipeline Employee Reviews in Midland, TX

Busy with tons of work going on
Plains pays the least amount of money compared to the other midstream companies in our area. Making it hard to get and keep good help. Our facility is pretty much a training center and once new hires get at least 1 years experience they go across the street to the competitors for way more money.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Salary
Amazing company to work with. Fast Paced, and Growing!
Awesome Company doing difficult work, without destroying the environment. Fair to the public, and workers. Growing pains as the company grows, seems to be the achilles heel, if there is one. Though I was unfamiliar with day to day pipeline construction, I was aware of Pipeline Safety, for First Responders by attending yearly classes Hosted by Plains All American Pipeline all over the US. The Company is on the cutting edge of the technology, and realizes cutting edge is a constant change.
Due to the nature of the job, Everyone hates the Safety Man! I quickly saw that the Normal approach to Job Safety is not effective. Hard nose, "I'm going to Fire YOU!" seems to work till Safety is out of site. Education of the workers in Why Safety is needed, and understanding expectations was a Joy! In a mere few weeks "Crews" become "Family." It is second nature to look after Family. The job I did, turned into being one of my most rewarding.
Pros
Amazing folks
Cons
Was a temporary job to facilitate completion of that Project.
If you like job security
Control Room is run by uneducated managers that lack basic supervisor skills.

Managers are not consistent and depending whom you are related to depends what they will tell you.

There is no clear direction on career advancement.

Promotions are reserved for upper managements' family and personal friends.

The pay is good and the time off is awesome but during your shift schedule its impossible to get a routine sleep.

Great job stability, they wont fire anyone, ever, no matter how many unsafe and costly mistakes they make.
Pros
Job Stability, Pay, Corporate Management is good
Cons
Horrible Managers and Supervisors
Not a great company to work for
I felt the manager for our location was too worried about squeezing every dollar. It made people angry and ruined their desire to work. It could have been much better with a different manager.
Cons
Manager
fast passed cut throat Company
I learned a lot of skills with this company but the ability to promote up in this company is almost none. lowest pay in the industry. very poor communication between the multiple departments in this company.
Pros
skills
Cons
poor managment
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
provided work out equipment,
A typical day was arriving to work. Getting shift turn over complete. Going through all of my screens and stations to make sure everything was working properly.
Great Company
Loved it there. Great pay, benefits. Pretty much left alone to do your job without the micromanagment. Great co-workers. Work a modified DuPont schedule (it's great).
Pros
Pay, benefits, co-workers
Cons
Great benefits, family type workplace culture.
Great benefits, family type workplace culture, good bonuses and equity for long term employment.
I knew nothing about the oilfield when starting at this company, training and knowledge is immense.

A typical day consists of communicating with your fellow co workers and verify all aspects of your console. You then go over everything once they leave for the day. Monitor tank pressures, flow rates. If things arise that don't look right or are broken, you notify the correct personal.

Communicating and getting along with other console coworkers

The hardest thing about this job would be sitting in a chair for 12 hour shifts.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the amount of time that we are off duty.
Pros
positive enviroment
Great Company
Its a great place to work. Currently with oil prices its becoming hard to see a future that can last during a slow down in oil. This company could be a giant but the current management is lacking skill in keeping up.
Pros
Great Pay, and Benefits
Cons
Lack of skill from management and Lazy
Train here
Get experience then QUICKLY move on! Location is awful and managment is in great need of training. Facility is in desperate need of an upgrade.
Pros
Coworkers, days off.
Cons
Pay, Management, facility
Great Organization
Very helpful and very interested in you as a person. Great room for advancement and job stability is a plus with this company.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
N/a
Driver
Pre trip inspections in accordance with dot regulations. Properly inspect equipment on a daily basis. Knowing and be able to comply with proper methods of loading and unloading for the various cargoes to be transorted. Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for operating in the oil and gas field and on the road.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plains All American Pipeline. Our community is ready to answer.