Plains All American Pipeline Employee Reviews in Pecos, TX

Excellent Driving Career
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXJune 27, 2019
Excellent driving career and excellent pay! Trucking management is highly engaged in ensuring operations is ran the way a crude transport business should be ran. It definitely shows in their service and in the manner they treat their drivers/employees. Highly recommend pursuing a driving position and career with Plains. Home every night, average 4-5 loads per shift and a $$$ six figure income $$$.
worthless and poor management
driver full time (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXJune 12, 2019
Managers are unqualified for their positions. Total deadwood. Why they have jobs I cant fathom. They'd be fired anywhere else. Abusive and vindictive. Supervisors and yard manager. Plains needs to wake up and wipe their floor clean of this scum.
Pros
Cons
all I mentioned
Management has made that place hostile and stressful environment
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXMay 4, 2019
Current management is a joke! Favortism goes on big time. Out of district drivers get taken care of better then their own drivers. All Abilene personnel make up their own rules and break policy to accommodate them! Some are even racist! This is why they cant keep people there!
Benefits
Cons
They cant keep people or work.
Very good company to work for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXMarch 1, 2019
This job is by far the best HOS job I’ve had. Drivers are very friendly and they all help you out as much as they can. The work is easy. Benefits are very good and they don’t deduct a lot of money like most companies do. Management needs to change big time. I’ve delt with good and bad supervisions so I know what I’m saying here. You feel like there’s a bullseye in your back. They didn’t fire me from here. I voluntarily quit. Keep in mind, people don’t quit their jobs, they quit their managers/supervisors. There is favoritism between some supervisors and drivers. Sweep up this house and start fresh! I garentee they’ll keep drivers this way. Mechanics are never in your way. But there is 4-5 mechanics and more than half of the fleet is down. That’s on the manager. I wish I could’ve stayed here honestly. But the work environment feels hostile and dull. You can do everything right and management won’t say a word. Drop a pen and they hit you hard by threatening to deduct your KPI bonus or write you up. They need to understand that the drivers is what keeps this part of the company alive. This isn’t an upset review. I’m happy where I’m at now. Just thought I could help job seekers before then dive into this situation.
Pros
Awesome benefits. Good commission pay. Easy work.
Cons
Poor management. Poor supervisors. Poor mechanics.
Good (except Pecos)
Oil hauler (Former Employee) –  PecosSeptember 30, 2018
I hauled oil for plains for approximately 4 year.the last 6 months in Pecos.
For the most part plains is a good company to work for.
Its nearly impossible to lay down roots because the work moves or can simply end depending on the price of oil.
The price of oil falls you may get a huge cut in pay and benifits,I cant think of a better way to get rid of drivers you dont need.
At one time there were 50 drivers working out of the yard in Oklahoma i worked at.Now i hear there are 4 drivers.
Be prepared to relocate to the work if you haul oil.
I transferred to Pecos and it was like i went to work for another company.
They have serious management issues there.Its probably something they cant help.They probably cant get good management to move there.
I actually liked the Pecos area more then Oklahoma and would probably have relocated my family there if the management had not been so bad there,at least till it fizzled out.
Bottom line is i would recommend plains to anyone looking for a oil hauling job but would strongly advise them to avoid the Pecos yard.
Go a little north to carlsbad ..I hear that guy keeps his trucks full though.
Pros
Its a big company, Pay, Benifits, Managment(except Pecos), Mostly good equipment
Cons
Its a big company, More stable then most but still unstable, Will cut your pay in a heartbeat
Great Company and Management
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXAugust 31, 2018
Great company, stable and nice equipment. Supervision and management are involved making sure we are safe and have our best interests at heart. Only complaint are the amount of rumors sturd up among other drivers. I've found they are only rumors and end up not being true. The company goes above others working with drivers to make us feel at home. Family feeling work environment.
Pros
KPI Bonuses and safety bonuses
Cons
Sign on bonuses are good but not as high as other companies
Working for Plains in The Permian Basin and the Delaware
Commissioned Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXAugust 31, 2018
Plains is one of the largest midstream trucking employers in the area around Pecos, Texas. They have a new facility and an experienced management team that they have moved in from other areas. Drivers and mechanics have been hired from all over the US. Their compensation is at the top range of the industry and they are offering housing in Kermit, Pecos and Orla. It is a place where you can easily build a long term career. I have found all of the Managers and Supervisors to be fair in the manner in which they have administered the Company's policies and procedures. It is certainly a company to work for whether it be in the pipeline or trucking sides of the midstream business.
Pros
Housing, out of area bonus, quarterly bonuses, new facility and equipment.
Cons
Living in and driving around Pecos, Mentone, Orla, Wink and Kermit is difficult.