Plains All American Pipeline Employee Reviews for Driver

Excellent Driving Career
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXJune 27, 2019
Excellent driving career and excellent pay! Trucking management is highly engaged in ensuring operations is ran the way a crude transport business should be ran. It definitely shows in their service and in the manner they treat their drivers/employees. Highly recommend pursuing a driving position and career with Plains. Home every night, average 4-5 loads per shift and a $$$ six figure income $$$.
worthless and poor management
driver full time (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXJune 12, 2019
Managers are unqualified for their positions. Total deadwood. Why they have jobs I cant fathom. They'd be fired anywhere else. Abusive and vindictive. Supervisors and yard manager. Plains needs to wake up and wipe their floor clean of this scum.
Pros
Cons
all I mentioned
Management has made that place hostile and stressful environment
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXMay 4, 2019
Current management is a joke! Favortism goes on big time. Out of district drivers get taken care of better then their own drivers. All Abilene personnel make up their own rules and break policy to accommodate them! Some are even racist! This is why they cant keep people there!
Benefits
Cons
They cant keep people or work.
Great place to work family oriented they take care of there employees
Driver (Current Employee) –  Elk City, OKMarch 18, 2019
I enjoy working here if the drivers didn’t spread so many rumors that ain’t true more drivers would stay great place to work if you are willing to do what is necessary if it does get slow in your area
Pros
Great benefits home every day good pay
Cons
Drivers running there mouth about things they don’t know are true or not
Great Company and Management
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXAugust 31, 2018
Great company, stable and nice equipment. Supervision and management are involved making sure we are safe and have our best interests at heart. Only complaint are the amount of rumors sturd up among other drivers. I've found they are only rumors and end up not being true. The company goes above others working with drivers to make us feel at home. Family feeling work environment.
Pros
KPI Bonuses and safety bonuses
Cons
Sign on bonuses are good but not as high as other companies
Working for Plains in The Permian Basin and the Delaware
Commissioned Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXAugust 31, 2018
Plains is one of the largest midstream trucking employers in the area around Pecos, Texas. They have a new facility and an experienced management team that they have moved in from other areas. Drivers and mechanics have been hired from all over the US. Their compensation is at the top range of the industry and they are offering housing in Kermit, Pecos and Orla. It is a place where you can easily build a long term career. I have found all of the Managers and Supervisors to be fair in the manner in which they have administered the Company's policies and procedures. It is certainly a company to work for whether it be in the pipeline or trucking sides of the midstream business.
Pros
Housing, out of area bonus, quarterly bonuses, new facility and equipment.
Cons
Living in and driving around Pecos, Mentone, Orla, Wink and Kermit is difficult.
Paid to work hard
Crude Oil Tank Driver (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LAAugust 16, 2018
Boring and monotonous work but try to focus on the pay check. Although the work is repetitive, attention to details is very important. I lost my focus and it cost me my job.
Pros
Pay Check
Cons
Boring
good company benefits
Commission Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2018
Plains All American is a good company to work with. The benefits are great as well as the pay. They allow employees to make decisions in the field and support the employee.
not very productive
Driver (Former Employee) –  WyomingJanuary 19, 2017
the job was good but had to much favortism toward certain drivers dispatch refused to work with drivers so they could be more productive lots of mind changing at last minute some of management never apriciated your work some managment wanted others to do there job could not get direction to locations

had good equipment and awsome mechanics and maintaince program excelent benefits

they need to clean house on managment and some drivers
Pros
benefits, wages
Great company to work for with all kinds of benefits
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  North Dakota and TexasNovember 27, 2016
I really liked my job, as I had really never driven and delivered crude oil before taking this job. I got a chance to meet and work with great people, and was at home every night, unlike some truck driving jobs. The hardest part of my job was making sure I could access roads in the winter time with the amount of snow that was on the ground, and just as hard in the summer as I worked in North Dakota and it rained a lot, creating mud roads. What I liked about this job, was that I was always seeing new things, whether it was scenery, wild animals, or other things, it allowed me to travel short distances daily, but the views were almost always spectacular.
Pros
Great health benefits, awesome pay
Cons
Road driving conditions
Good atmosphere, Good working relations
Driver (Former Employee) –  Big Lake, TXApril 6, 2016
Plains was a good place to work. People friendly and helpful. Good communicate, Good Ins I enjoyed working there. AM grateful for the time I was there
Pros
served food at safety meetings
Cons
had to take 30 min break
Great People, good pay and benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 10, 2015
Great people to work with and for. Great pay and benefits, new - newer trucks and trailers, make your own start time. Very safety orientated.