Plains All American Pipeline Employee Reviews for Truck Driver

easy job
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2019
Work was easy. test oil, good trucks, short hauls home every night. worked in all kinds of weather. great benefits. if your lazy driver its not for you. great exercise
Na
Trucking (Former Employee) –  TXMarch 10, 2019
Plains was good when I first started but now I wouldn't recommend. They developed a terrible reputation with customers and other midstream companies. With looming debt and marginal profit, I would bet trucking will sell out soon.
Benefits
Cons
Bad outdated business model
Very good company to work for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXMarch 1, 2019
This job is by far the best HOS job I’ve had. Drivers are very friendly and they all help you out as much as they can. The work is easy. Benefits are very good and they don’t deduct a lot of money like most companies do. Management needs to change big time. I’ve delt with good and bad supervisions so I know what I’m saying here. You feel like there’s a bullseye in your back. They didn’t fire me from here. I voluntarily quit. Keep in mind, people don’t quit their jobs, they quit their managers/supervisors. There is favoritism between some supervisors and drivers. Sweep up this house and start fresh! I garentee they’ll keep drivers this way. Mechanics are never in your way. But there is 4-5 mechanics and more than half of the fleet is down. That’s on the manager. I wish I could’ve stayed here honestly. But the work environment feels hostile and dull. You can do everything right and management won’t say a word. Drop a pen and they hit you hard by threatening to deduct your KPI bonus or write you up. They need to understand that the drivers is what keeps this part of the company alive. This isn’t an upset review. I’m happy where I’m at now. Just thought I could help job seekers before then dive into this situation.
Pros
Awesome benefits. Good commission pay. Easy work.
Cons
Poor management. Poor supervisors. Poor mechanics.
Great company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXNovember 17, 2018
Great company to work for ..excellent pay an excellent management.. will always go back an work for this company anytime.. I had a very good experience learning bout crude oil!!
Great company
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Excellent company didn’t want to leave but I had to.Paid very well and management was very laid back.Im sad that my old yard didn’t last as long as I thought but my experience here was wonderful I really miss a lot of things about it oh well
not driver focused
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 28, 2017
this company is not driver focused. they say they are but do what ever they can to take money from them while pushing more responsibility to them. Decisions are made from and by a corporate suit that is not in touch with how things are ran in the field.
productive fun work place.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKSeptember 15, 2015
safety oreinted. fun work place with supportive management.the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside of my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
team spirit
Meat Grinder
Heavy Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDNovember 26, 2013
Do not care about you. You are a number and are only useful to them so long as you can do the work.