Plains All American Pipeline Management reviews

PAALP lacks leadership
Sr. IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2019
PAALP BP-PMO Department severely lacks leadership. PMO Governance is nonexistent, and IT Organization leadership is struggling to modernize the company. Business Executive leadership is clueless, does not have the vision and skills to transition the company to run efficiently. Company CEO has asked leaders to modernize and improve operational efficiencies and the leaderships are running around crazy with their heads cut off.
productive and good place to work at, family like company
Welder inspector (Former Employee) –  Mathis, TXAugust 5, 2019
was built on professional atmosphere and great management team and everyone a team player. even contractors were ok as well.

took care of each one of us... everyone helped each other... great atmosphere to be around and enjoyed every second of it!
The three stooges who run greeley are so into themselves that they dont care about no one but themseles
Crude oil driver and purchaser (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 18, 2019
The three stooges in management and the head moron in Houston are so corrupt and into themselves that the harder you work for them the stupider they get and take credit for themselves,Houston needs to do a investigation on these 4 stories before they totally take this one great company down
Excellent Driving Career
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXJune 27, 2019
Excellent driving career and excellent pay! Trucking management is highly engaged in ensuring operations is ran the way a crude transport business should be ran. It definitely shows in their service and in the manner they treat their drivers/employees. Highly recommend pursuing a driving position and career with Plains. Home every night, average 4-5 loads per shift and a $$$ six figure income $$$.
worthless and poor management
driver full time (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXJune 12, 2019
Managers are unqualified for their positions. Total deadwood. Why they have jobs I cant fathom. They'd be fired anywhere else. Abusive and vindictive. Supervisors and yard manager. Plains needs to wake up and wipe their floor clean of this scum.
Pros
Cons
all I mentioned
Management has made that place hostile and stressful environment
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXMay 4, 2019
Current management is a joke! Favortism goes on big time. Out of district drivers get taken care of better then their own drivers. All Abilene personnel make up their own rules and break policy to accommodate them! Some are even racist! This is why they cant keep people there!
Benefits
Cons
They cant keep people or work.
Working in the Training Department made me physically ill
Training Department (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2019
This is the most toxic and dysfunctional job I've ever held in my career marked by constant turnover, miserable staff, low productivity, disorganization, out of date processes and technologies, and unsupportive and unqualified leadership. The entire department needs an overhaul and reorg.
Very good company to work for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXMarch 1, 2019
This job is by far the best HOS job I’ve had. Drivers are very friendly and they all help you out as much as they can. The work is easy. Benefits are very good and they don’t deduct a lot of money like most companies do. Management needs to change big time. I’ve delt with good and bad supervisions so I know what I’m saying here. You feel like there’s a bullseye in your back. They didn’t fire me from here. I voluntarily quit. Keep in mind, people don’t quit their jobs, they quit their managers/supervisors. There is favoritism between some supervisors and drivers. Sweep up this house and start fresh! I garentee they’ll keep drivers this way. Mechanics are never in your way. But there is 4-5 mechanics and more than half of the fleet is down. That’s on the manager. I wish I could’ve stayed here honestly. But the work environment feels hostile and dull. You can do everything right and management won’t say a word. Drop a pen and they hit you hard by threatening to deduct your KPI bonus or write you up. They need to understand that the drivers is what keeps this part of the company alive. This isn’t an upset review. I’m happy where I’m at now. Just thought I could help job seekers before then dive into this situation.
Pros
Awesome benefits. Good commission pay. Easy work.
Cons
Poor management. Poor supervisors. Poor mechanics.
Plains
Mechanic 2 (Former Employee) –  Wink, TXDecember 18, 2018
New management prefers you kiss up to him rather than do your job. Will not give vacation when earned. Upon day I stopped working for company I started losing money out of 401K
Great company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXNovember 17, 2018
Great company to work for ..excellent pay an excellent management.. will always go back an work for this company anytime.. I had a very good experience learning bout crude oil!!
Confidential
#1 Operaor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 30, 2018
Great company to work for. I was able to attend management classes, and was very involved with workplace culture. It was an experience that I'm extremely appreciative to have been apart of
Good (except Pecos)
Oil hauler (Former Employee) –  PecosSeptember 30, 2018
I hauled oil for plains for approximately 4 year.the last 6 months in Pecos.
For the most part plains is a good company to work for.
Its nearly impossible to lay down roots because the work moves or can simply end depending on the price of oil.
The price of oil falls you may get a huge cut in pay and benifits,I cant think of a better way to get rid of drivers you dont need.
At one time there were 50 drivers working out of the yard in Oklahoma i worked at.Now i hear there are 4 drivers.
Be prepared to relocate to the work if you haul oil.
I transferred to Pecos and it was like i went to work for another company.
They have serious management issues there.Its probably something they cant help.They probably cant get good management to move there.
I actually liked the Pecos area more then Oklahoma and would probably have relocated my family there if the management had not been so bad there,at least till it fizzled out.
Bottom line is i would recommend plains to anyone looking for a oil hauling job but would strongly advise them to avoid the Pecos yard.
Go a little north to carlsbad ..I hear that guy keeps his trucks full though.
Pros
Its a big company, Pay, Benifits, Managment(except Pecos), Mostly good equipment
Cons
Its a big company, More stable then most but still unstable, Will cut your pay in a heartbeat
Great Company and Management
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXAugust 31, 2018
Great company, stable and nice equipment. Supervision and management are involved making sure we are safe and have our best interests at heart. Only complaint are the amount of rumors sturd up among other drivers. I've found they are only rumors and end up not being true. The company goes above others working with drivers to make us feel at home. Family feeling work environment.
Pros
KPI Bonuses and safety bonuses
Cons
Sign on bonuses are good but not as high as other companies
Working for Plains in The Permian Basin and the Delaware
Commissioned Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXAugust 31, 2018
Plains is one of the largest midstream trucking employers in the area around Pecos, Texas. They have a new facility and an experienced management team that they have moved in from other areas. Drivers and mechanics have been hired from all over the US. Their compensation is at the top range of the industry and they are offering housing in Kermit, Pecos and Orla. It is a place where you can easily build a long term career. I have found all of the Managers and Supervisors to be fair in the manner in which they have administered the Company's policies and procedures. It is certainly a company to work for whether it be in the pipeline or trucking sides of the midstream business.
Pros
Housing, out of area bonus, quarterly bonuses, new facility and equipment.
Cons
Living in and driving around Pecos, Mentone, Orla, Wink and Kermit is difficult.
Good talent overlooked & under appreciated, bad communications
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2018
Lots of silos, poor communications throughout entire organization. Disconnect between corporate and field offices. Benefits are good. Workload is not reasonable for growing amount of assets and growing responsibilities. Employees lack resources and personnel to do their jobs efficiently.
Benefits
Cons
High workload and unreasoble expectations
If you like job security
Pipeline Controller (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 24, 2018
Control Room is run by uneducated managers that lack basic supervisor skills.

Managers are not consistent and depending whom you are related to depends what they will tell you.

There is no clear direction on career advancement.

Promotions are reserved for upper managements' family and personal friends.

The pay is good and the time off is awesome but during your shift schedule its impossible to get a routine sleep.

Great job stability, they wont fire anyone, ever, no matter how many unsafe and costly mistakes they make.
Pros
Job Stability, Pay, Corporate Management is good
Cons
Horrible Managers and Supervisors
Political and cut throat. Good communication is encouraged. But don't rock the boat.
I&E Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 10, 2018
Not a good place to work unless you are part of the clique. Good pay and benefits. Company lacks proper training and opportunities for advancement. Management caters to a select few.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
No job security
Great company. Management in Pecos needs to go.
Crude Oil Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXMay 31, 2018
Great company with great benefits. The downside is current management in Pecos plays favorites manipulates dispatch to benefit favorites. Also current management makes up rules to micromanage drivers. No appreciation toward hard working employees. Also when a driver submits any hourly pay the supervisor will not approve but maybe 1/4 of the hours submitted and will not inform you of it.
Pros
Great benefits and good mechanics.
Cons
Management is horrible. H.R. is impossible to get a hold of in pressing issues.
Sneaking, never to know what’s taking place
Fleet (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2018
Management, supervisors, managers all are above anyone else. You’re treated as if you don’t know anything yet they know it all even though you have degree and experience.
Pros
Medical
Cons
Compensation
Not a great company to work for
Senior Right of Way Agent (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 4, 2018
I felt the manager for our location was too worried about squeezing every dollar. It made people angry and ruined their desire to work. It could have been much better with a different manager.
Cons
Manager