plainscapital bank Employee Reviews

Work
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2018
Every day at PlainsCapital Bank is never the same.
Communication from management and other departments is sometimes lacking. By far the best thing about the workplace is the culture, and that there is always something going on. The hardest part of the job would be having managers that don't fully trust their employees and providing coverage when short-handed. Customers are what make working at the bank enjoyable.
Everyone is underpaid
Operations (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 5, 2018
Some management do not manage well. All employees are severely underpaid, but still make enough to survive. If you are looking for a way to enter the banking industry, definitely a place to start.
Pros
free meals during special events, relaxed but professional culture
Cons
undercompensated, poor training program
OK place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 2, 2018
I don't want to say too much as I am currently employed at PCB and it's a "small" company in that way.

I have stuck with the company through a lot of changes and big time growth. Now it is becoming very corporate.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  AustinFebruary 2, 2018
Overall, I enjoyed my time here. The people are great, and they make you feel at home. At times, it can be a bit monotonous and boring, but that is more the industry than the company. Overall, great place to work.
Just Don’t Work Here
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 28, 2017
If you value your sanity do not work here. Everything about this place is horrible. I had to deal with racism and constant disrespect for 2 years. Just don’t work here, honestly it’s not worth the low wages and $0.20 annual raises.
Customer Culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2017
Typical work day was constant traffic with many regular clients.
I learned the importance of placing customer assistance at the forefront, as they are why we were in business. Management was always helpful and there for employee's to assistant with professional and personal issues. Hardest part of the job was trying to ensure customer that issue would be resolved as soon as possible but still ensure they're privacy. Most enjoyable part of my job was the clients that I was able to build a relationship with on a personal level as well as professional level. They entrusted me to handle their commercial business accounts as well as personal accounts to their needs.
Best job I've had by far
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Alamo, TXNovember 1, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the customers. You can set the tone and help them with their accounts and suggest the best options for their financial needs. The work hours were great. My co-workers were the best. My manager was an awesome person to work for. PlainsCapital Bank's outstanding culture stood out amongst other jobs I've had.
Pros
Overall great place to work at. Hours, pto, days off.
Cons
Unfortunate lay offs at the time
Great Place to work
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 10, 2017
I enjoyed working there for 8 years, I had great advancement and opportunity. I enjoyed the people and environment. I was able to grow in my knowledge and expertise.
Pros
Relaxed, room for growth
Cons
Afterhours
Very stressful, catty employees
Collateral Analyst (Current Employee) –  LubbockSeptember 16, 2017
Everyone talks about each other behind each others back. Very cut throat, toxic work environment. After hanging up the phone, there is always some comment about how stupid that person was.
Pros
Popcorn and leave an hour early on fridays.
Cons
A lot of negativity
Local branch is run different than most other regions
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXAugust 31, 2017
immediate management is AMAZING! they understand life happens and are willing to work with employees scheduling for personal events etc. lobby hours are 2 hours shorter than scheduled work hours which is nice quiet/catch-up time. Some areas of the branch are open Saturdays, so rotating schedule would apply for some positions.
Pros
paid holidays, sufficient PTO
Cons
some upper staff is unreliable
family environment
DEPOSIT SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 8, 2017
Slow paced, quiet. Detail oriented, must to able to multitask, The company is family oriented and very flexible to your needs. People are knowledgeable and share their knowledge.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
interactions with others.
Productive and fun place to work.
Wire Transfer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 27, 2017
Productive and fun place to work. Great culture and plenty volunteer opportunities. Easy to relocate if needed. Fun holiday parties. Growing bank and bank community.
Employee Christmas party
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elsa, TXJune 23, 2017
Great opportunity for growth. Assisting customers with their every day problems in banking. Learning the Regulations of banking that otherwise would not know. The people made it a great place to do business.
Pros
Free lunch on the CEO fir the employees
Cons
Collections on accounts
Good job
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 19, 2017
Advancement opportunities are nice and found often. You also have the opportunity to switch locations which is also nice. Plenty of schedules to work with.
Growing Bank but not much growing unless you are willing to move
Assistant Vice President - Fraud (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMay 16, 2017
smaller bank was acquired by Plains, a lot of culture change. employee cutbacks. overall it was fair, but some personnel had trouble adjusting to such a growing bank, causing frustration .
Poor culture, high levels of micro-management, not employee friendly, low levels of critical analysis.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMay 8, 2017
Poor culture, high levels of micro management, not an employee friendly organization, low levels of critical analysis and unjustified discrimination.
The good ole Boys Club Bank
BSA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2017
The culture of this bank in specific the BSA department places extreme value on sychopants rather than intelligence or experience. The term "Good Ole Boys" rings true in every facet of the institution. From the CEO who throws temper tantrums via email when he is not congratulated daily on his lack of profound or valuable information to the various under qualified managers who lack college experience. Room for growth is determined by an individuals capability to stroke the egos of direct managers. Various managers within the BSA department have merely a college education and are completely incompetent and unable to obtain critical industry standard certifications such as CAMS, yet are consistently promoted due to the sychophant mentality that is so readily welcomed. Advancement and compensation also are well below industry standards as with other financial institutions. A degree is required yet the pay is equivalent to that of a new college graduate. In general compensation is approximately $10,000 to $15,000 USD less than the industry standard at other institutions. Upper management posseses an extremely myopic view when presented with new ideas or innovative ways to conduct the business. Additionally, the BSA department is not well respected within the bank as other revenue driven departments are more concerned with their bottom line rather than the consequences associated with lack of oversight of controls associated with bringing in new revenue. Training within the department is non-existant while one is expected to know the various archaic, obsolete systems utilized. Consistency  more... is also nonexistent as there are 4 different managers that supervise the department requesting processes to be completed in contrasting ways. Extreme caution is to be taken when considering a career at Plains Capital, specifically within the BSA department.  less
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No training, Un/Under qualified managment team, No Consistency, Very low compensation
Productive, fun growing company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2017
I absolutely loved working here, one of the best places i've worked so far. The people were excellent, never had such an amazing team. Loved the fact that you could grow within the company, if it wasn't for my move, I'd definitely still be there!
Enjoyable atmosphere
Residenal Lender (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXOctober 10, 2016
A typical day at work started with an hour + trip to the office. Tasked to review, process and approve/deny consumer residential loans referred by the Bank's branch network. The staff was friendly and well versed in their immediate positions. Direct management was unsupportive and lacking in leadership. The hardest part of my job was the position itself; being transitioned from the head of consumer lending with Southwest Securities FSB to a lender was a giant step back. I was in constant communication with the consumer retail group, the Bank's brokerage arm and the special asset team in an effort to better the products, processes and policies to no avail. The best part of the position were the individuals that I was able to work with, all: polite, professional, knowledgeable and caring. Overall, it is my opinion that PCB would have been a great place to work had I been given the chance to succeed.
Great bank growing away from its roots
Treasury Management Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2016
I have worked for PlainsCapital for over 4 years. When I first started it was a small town feeling bank. Now after a merger (buy out) the culture has shifted to a big bank feel.
Pros
The people you work with.
Cons
The entire culture of the bank is changing.