Planet Aid, Inc. Employee Reviews

Worst Job Ever
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJuly 7, 2019
I took a job here working as a weekend driver and it was the worst experience ever. I came in knowing that the job was physical and I was prepared for that. What I didn't know that not only was the driver responsible for picking up what was in the bin, they were responsible for whatever was around the bin which added on to the workload significantly. I also had major issues with what was sometimes found in the bins. In my short time there I found drug needles, urine soaked clothes and other unpleasant "surprises".The salary wasn't worth what was asked out of the driver and I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Scam-stay away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 1, 2019
A thinly veiled scam that operates out of countries that work below the radar. Management is extremely rude, withholding and punitive. Organization kicked out of many countries.
A good warehouse with fork lifts'
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDApril 18, 2019
Helping employees,people,workers,when they need help.getting along with the employees.talking to employees.having lunch by yourself or with others.getting a huge paycheck weekly.
Was not what I expected
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holliston, MAFebruary 21, 2019
Like I said. This company was not what I expected. You work there and the mangers are suspicious of everyone. Non-profit is a joke. They collect your clothes and sell them to go overseas or to a shredder.
Not a bad place to work.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDDecember 25, 2018
Not a bad place to work. They will give raises when it's time. The trucks are small. I like to drive bigger trucks. Those small make me felt unsafe. They are ok.
Good place to work ..
Driver (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NHSeptember 10, 2018
A lot of driving and frequent stops lifting and loading bags of clothing, and shoes ..Pretty much we working independently .. I have learned a lot of roads in N.H. Vermont and Maine...The management is fair with the employees always willing to work out any issues that may arise...We may work some holidays but still get paid for them plus time worked . The hardest part is picking up things people have dumped illegally.The trucks are all leased and well maintained Driving long distances to complete the route and seeing some of the sights …
Cons
time driving from home to the warehouse and then back home...
Daily work day
MD (Current Employee) –  MDJuly 28, 2018
Start 3;30 am complete schedule, open warehouse,contact drivers, complete reports (daily weights), run route if driver is out. Report to supervisor any current problems.
Nice People
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJuly 3, 2018
Company was okay to work for. Felt that job security wasn't strong. While I was there the company had a lot of turn over. Including myself there were many complaints about site managers not getting paid accurately. This was my main reason for leaving.
Very productive job but no vending machines
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2018
I will come in 8 o’clock in the morning and bale until about 12 after lunch I would fill the dumpster an around 2:30 the trucks would start coming back each truck contains about 6,000 to 8,500 lbs I would then unload it an load it back up with carts and shoes Sak
Pros
Great environment
Cons
City taxes and county taxes
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Durham,NCJune 11, 2018
Okay company to work for. I learned so much and did'nt want to left because I had ti relocate. Company is very understanding and I like that very it.
door to door sales
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMay 11, 2018
Door to door sales/ fundraising for the charity
Daily visiting at least 15 business to get approval to place a collection bin for clothing and shoes.
Contacting in person or on the phone property managers, schools administration, universities, city officials to develop programs for recycling.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
not able to save accounts
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MINovember 6, 2017
Planet Aid is a company that do not discriminate.You can be any race, female or male, even with a disability and they will give you a chance for employment as long as you are capable of performing the duties you are applying for.
Pros
Work with you when you need days off for personal reasons.
Cons
Not enough employees
good timing and good people there
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJOctober 4, 2017
to be a truck driver in planet aid is fun and management team will work with flexible hours. the staff is great and everyone is very friendly i recommend this job to anyone who wants to work here.
Just get the job done
Class B CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  MA RI CTSeptember 21, 2017
The good thing about it is they want the job done so u can start whenever you like. and up to 14 H/day. When they trust you,you can creat your own ways to get the job done. Everyone is friendly even the manager
Pros
Bonus
Good work environment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 21, 2017
Like working with and for my Management. good pay long hours working in the elements. Good job for a self starter production driven hard working environment.
family oriented and flexible
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NHAugust 6, 2017
I learned an invaluable amount of skills from working for Planet Aid, Inc. Management was flexible and family oriented and there is always room for advancement within the company.
employees were fun to work with.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 2, 2017
Employees are not treated fairly. Also they are not given the supplies needed to complete job requirements. Company needs to evaluate store managers and make some immediate changes.
Pros
Hours are great
Cons
management not organized
Stiff management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2017
Typically a work day would include doing everything besides the job you applied for. Minimal breaks & no room for forgetfulness. Hardest part of the job is being on your feet so long. Most enjoyable part was getting the check.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks, No room for errors
Fair and understanding company
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAJune 20, 2017
Been working for PA for 3 years. Very competitive pay. Nice work/life balance. Sometimes a fast and high paced atmosphere, but manager is always understanding and committed to work/life balance.
Awesome team
Transportation (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJune 20, 2017
Worked here for more than 5 years. Managers were great! Coworkers were fun. Just like any other company we had our ups and downs, but I can't complain. This was hard work and if you were willing to work, they took care of you. Lazy people never made it past 3 months.
Pros
Managers were very good to us
Cons
Hard work and pay could be a little better