Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 2,382 reviews matching the search See all 2,495 reviews
fun relaxing work enviorment
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAJuly 19, 2018
But it is a team effort so you will come to count on your co workers. The members can vary so you are always meeting new people and experiencing new things. your training may be a bit tough. there is a lot of things that you must remember from rote memory.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 18, 2018
I LOVED this job. Both customers and coworkers were always such a joy to be around! This job was relatively easy and the hours were always flexible and pay was good.
Fun workplace
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2018
This is a fun, clean, and easy going workplace as long as you abide by the rules. There are many incentives and the free membership is an awesome advantage.
good enviornment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJuly 17, 2018
no more room for improvement within the company once you become a general manager. the company is great it is a great place to work while in school and flexible hours
Good employees
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 17, 2018
Great environment. Give 2 weeks notice to get days off. Great opportunity to meet new people and help them sign up. 30 minute breaks. Allows on your feet to check equipment and clean them.
Manager was awesome, customers not so much
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 17, 2018
The management was very experienced and knowledgeable. Enjoy working for them. Signing new members up and taking prospective members on tours helped me learn more about customer service. Some of the regular members were fantastic. Knew me by name and cared about me as a person, some however were very rude and demanding. If you know how to handle yourself in stressful situations, this job could be very rewarding for you.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
No lunch breaks, long hours standing.
Work Place
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJuly 16, 2018
Clean machine's or equipment is the daily routine the workplace culture is always up and down either someone's going to complain or its going to be a good day. No hard parts of the job, but i do enjoy working with my co-workers they're the best people i could've asked to work with.
Great overall
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work for a college Student. I learned very much on my time at Plaent Fitness. From staff to management its very easy to communicate to each other.
Planet Fitness
Overnight Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INJuly 16, 2018
This job is an amazing job to have the work days and nights go by fast, you learn a lot of new stuff everyday, The management here is far the best I had have, The hardest part about this job is not having over time and what I enjoy mostly about this job is coming in and seeing all these members come in and make a change in their lives
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Relaxed and little stress
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OKJuly 15, 2018
I love working here. actively helping others learning how to live life again while they get to a healthy balance. It's beautiful and I'm glad I can be so blessed as to experience it.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Low pay

Want to know more about Planet Fitness?

Ask a question
My typical day
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 15, 2018
Planet Fitness being a very large corporation we have a lot of policy's that we have to follow to keep are judgement free atmosphere. With these policy's there are people that do not like/agree with them (example: we do not have day care and have to be 13 or older to be in the building) I have to deal with upset member's and deescalate situation's like these. I also have to do purchasing, watch my controllable expenses, clean, stay withing my target hours for employees. Every day there is a different type of situation I have to handle. I have learned a lot of skill's at Planet Fitness, how to manage employees, how to deal with upset members, and running a business in general. The hardest part about my job would probably be dealing with billing. Planet Fitness is set up with ABC financial our 3rd party billing company and is all done automatic withdrawal. So if a member does not have enough money in there account on our billing date that can cause overdraft fee's from the bank and upset members. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the success that I see with member's. When someone come's up to me and tells me how much better they feel since they became a member or how much weight they have lost, that would be the most rewarding thing about the job.
Pros
Great company, lots of room for advancement.
Cons
to advance I would have to move to Wisconsin.
Ponca City PF
Overnight Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ponca City, OKJuly 15, 2018
In the beginning it seems like a decent part-time job but as time passes you really are able to see the joke that this job is. As a current employee I was promised a pay raise that was never done, I wasn't trained proficiently, basically just thrown into it, and employees/management are all untrustworthy.
Pros
Lol
Cons
Terrible management, no advancement
Slow paced, casual work enviornment
Customer Service/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJuly 12, 2018
I spent most of my shifts either cleaning the locker rooms, gym floor, or signing members up. There was not much to the job but it was a good way to stay busy and earn some money.
Fun and relaxing
Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJuly 12, 2018
I worked with people all ages above 18. It was really cool,fun and the work environment was very comfortable. I love being around my co-working and it just was an amazing experience.
Pros
Working out free
Cons
Low pay grade
Wonderful work Environment, Friendly, Non-Judgemental
FRONT DESK REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INJuly 12, 2018
I would recommend this job to anyone who enjoys the customer service area and janitorial work. It gives a good balance and time consuming during the hours of operation.
relaxed and collaborative work environment
Part-time Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 11, 2018
Pretty good part time job. Lots of young people working there including the manager. Work ethic is encouraged but there really are no consequences for being lazy. Manager was ok but did not engage much to solve problems when work did not get done. I felt like the overnight hours I worked, the responsibility involved, and the job I did for the company was worthy of a bit more pay than what I was getting.
Productive & fun atmosphere, time goes by quickly
Staff, customer Service (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 11, 2018
Overall enjoyed working at Planet Fitness. Close to where I live and able to pay my bills. Like being able to workout and use equipment have fun meeting new people, friends and maintain my own health. Love the positive healthy environment.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 10, 2018
Planet Fitness was a very relaxed and an enjoyable work place. The atmosphere was always great, staff were mostly always in a livid mood. The management was understandebl, he was a manager that would be strict but at the same time would give you freedom to be able to work in a comfortable work environment.
Not a bad gig
Night manger (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJuly 10, 2018
This place it’s so bad to work if you are looking for a temporary job. Advancement seemed hard. But it’s a really relax job. Nothing worse than an angry member
Live PF, ifonlythey could change the hours tofit my sce
Customer Service to members and new members (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 10, 2018
Love PF if only they could change up the work schedule I could of been a manager a long time ago. Been with the company for five years already. Bonuses