Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,242 reviews matching the search See all 2,339 reviews
Very friendly and fun place to work where employees get along well
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brookpark, OHJune 16, 2018
I go into work feeling like i can talk to my employees about anything. Everyone works together to get their jobs done and keep up on cleanliness. It's a great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 16, 2018
I have always loved working for this company. There are opportunities to move up if you work hard and are patient. It's the most fun and easiest job I've ever had. I highly recommend working here if you are a hard worker with a good work ethic who can appreciate but not take advantage of the downtime we have. This job is very easy but does require you to put in some effort to keep this job at the high standard that management expects.
Pros
Free membership, flexible schedule, easy hours
Cons
No benefits
fun place, enjoyed this job
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJune 15, 2018
-friendly staff
-friendly customers
-you get to help and make a difference
-high energy
-outgoing
-positive work environment
-clean
-fair management
-family like
Pros
free gym membership/ weekends off
Cons
fixed schedule
Inexperienced management
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIJune 14, 2018
Management had no prior experience and did not want employees to further their careers in the fitness industry outside of the company. Clients/members were enjoyable to train and get to know, as well as colleagues.
Pros
Paid hourly, co-workers, gym membership
Cons
Cleanliness of work environment. NASTY
Average
Lead Overnight (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 14, 2018
This place was great, the management was sub-par at best, but the atmosphere was inviting, the guests were great, the company was a great place to start, but not a place you want to continually stay at.
Good management
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  TNJune 14, 2018
At the franchise that I worked for, we received routine raises every 6 months. The management was very supportive. The hardest part of the job was the never-ending cleaning.
Least Paying Job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MD 21001June 13, 2018
Honestly speaking, this job would be way better if it had paid more and had actual benefits for ALL workers. The environment is always nice, the management is outstanding, and the only thing that makes the job difficult is the cleaning. The drawback is that you get paid minimum wage, you aren't guaranteed full time even if the people hiring you promise it, there are no benefits until you're actual full time, and even then you basically have to be management in order to have 40 hours per week with all benefits.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
No actual Benefits
Easy but can get boring
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSJune 13, 2018
Management is very relaxed, not strict at all. I was a front desk associate so I just checked people in and signed/cancelled members when needed, answered phone calls, cleaned equipment, etc. Very easy job.
Fun Place to Work!!
Front Desk Overnight Member Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2018
Overall it was a chill job to have. Pay wasnt the best but my coworkers were amazing despite some drama. Area was a bit shady. Had to call the police on my shift a few times, for the homeless & by standers doing shady business. You do get a free membership. Night shift was a breeze just staying awake and busy was the hard part. Front desk night shift cleaned & signed members up. Be prepared to multitask & have a lot of employee meetings.
Pros
Staff like family
Cons
pay sucks
fun workplace
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayville, CTJune 12, 2018
fun place to work especially if you are a very social individual. lots of different people to talk to and interact with. minimum wage job with set hours which is nice for a good work/life combo so you can actually plan things in your personal life.
Pros
very laid back work environment
Cons
no benefits
Great temporary job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 12, 2018
Lack of management help. Specifically told “ ask if you need any help . “ and when being that time had come I asked and was told “ better find out a way “ . Really? What type of management is that? Was more like a set up for failure than being sucessful . Hours were ridiculous and was shunned if ever missed a shift ( due to super short staff ) . Management never taking matters into their own hands while always BLAMING others for their faults. Working full time hours but catergorized as part time because the company is too cheap to offer benefits . All around not good place to build a “ career “ off of.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
No benefits
Honestly-
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJune 12, 2018
I was honestly fairly contempt with my position at planet fitness. I did a starting rate less than my last job, however it wasn't bad. After a while however, the timeframe it took to get a raise was too long, and it was only a $0.50 raise. One year for only $0.50 - It is almost insulting to be frankly honest.
Fun environment!
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 12, 2018
Working here during college was the best thing to ever happen! Fun staff, awesome-management, easy job but rewarding job.
They are always looking for people who want to grow in the company, so advancement is very possible if you show the dedication.
Pros
Free membership, advancement, works with your schedule.
Cons
Member complaint when serving pizza.
fun, friendly environment to work in!
team member (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTJune 11, 2018
Greeting customers, cashing out customers products, discussing deals of different memberships and all of the benefits of signing up, customer calls, cleaning, guest tours of the facility, and lots of customer service.
Pros
Free gym membership and product discount.
Cons
Not enough hours
Good environment
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAJune 11, 2018
Planet Fitness provided a good environment every day for me to work. I felt safe and comfortable and was able to get my job done. The workers were all friendly and welcoming and very supportive. I enjoyed my time with Planet Fitness.
Great environment
Regional manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 10, 2018
Really strive to create a culture that is exciting for staff and customers. Overall experience was great I am able to talk to my superior at any given time and feels just like a family.
Can be fun, but a lot of work!
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 9, 2018
sometimes can be a chill atmosphere but other times it can be stressful. You do much more work than what you get paid for. Management changes the rules all of the time so there is no consistency.
Great place to learn strong work and life habits.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 9, 2018
Planet Fitness is a great place for career and personal development. However more reasonable work life balance and pay is needed for those is management.
Pros
Fun and supportive managment team and work environment.
Cons
Managment works over 40 hours. Very little work life balance.
Fun Job
Club Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 9, 2018
A typical day at work is quiet, pretty relaxing and a nice work at your own pace environment. The management there was pretty cool with me, or at least I was content, Like I am with most of the management I've been under. Some of the things that I've learned there are patience and consistency, always stay on your toes. There really wasn't a "hardest part of a job", each job an employee of Planet Fitness has is not hard at all, a kid could do it. The most enjoyable part of my job was lunch break .
pf
Front Desk Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJune 7, 2018
i really didnt like it there . it was no fun. nothing about was exciting. i will never go back or tell anyone to go there. i disliked every moment working there.