Planet Fitness

United States5,743 reviews

Found 5,743 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,031 reviews
fitnessmembershipgymmembercleaningtourfreedesk

Was my own boss

Loved the job. The overnight hours just didnt work for my sleep schedule and it was only part time. Co workers were great. Didnt need 8 hours to clean

Pros

Free gym mrmbership

Cons

Working overnights

Very good

Nothing bad had a great wonderful experience working here definitely recommend to anyone. Customers may be challenging but over all very very good job

Planet Fitness insights

Based on 5,462 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Ok if you like life easy and boring

Love talking to all the members getting me through the day. But other than that, the pay, benefits, or work ethic all sucks. You don’t really learn much here. Every few hours you fill bottles and clean machines and bathrooms then you’re practically standing at the desk spacing out into nothingness until your shift is over. Unless you’re there to move up as manager or higher and or to make a little extra cash as a second job, It’s not worth wasting your life here.

Great experience!

I enjoyed the variety involved in this position. There was customer service, data entry, cleaning, coordinating with contractors, etc. It was one of my first jobs, and the experience allowed me to develop a variety of skills. I also enjoyed interacting with customers on a daily basis.

Great environment

No room for growth as trainer, no commission from clientele. All hourly pay. So you can be busy all day. Train 15 people and your pay does not reflect the time and effort spent on clients

What is the best part of working at the company?I felt as though I was treated with respect by management and customers alike. I felt valued on all levels. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?There wasn't any stress at all.

Laid back and easy going

I applied for PF to get back on my feet after not it working for a few months. The manager at the time was very welcoming and I didn’t feel pressured at all. The staff were really nice. Once i started working there it was never a bad experience. It tends to get stressful at times when it’s busy with people signing up and the front desk duties but overall i had a good experience and made a few friends through it. When i left for a job more geared towards my career choice, the manager was happy for me. It was overall a good experience for the time being!

Pros

laid back, easy, friendly, fun, part time

Cons

no benefits, short hours, stressful at times

What is the best part of working at the company?The best part of working here was the free membership and being able to do graveyard shifts with one other employeeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?limited hours, same shift every day and week, very hard to get time off, low pay, management was unprofessional, we wouldn't get paid on time.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?completely unprofessional. What is a typical day like for you at the company?clock in, do a walk around the gym to make sure supplies were not running out etc, check lorckerrooms to make sure they're clean, stand behind the desk

Great place to start

Perfect first Job for a trainer, as there are no sales pressures, you can just focus on training clients. They don't give much training but there is some. I learned new group training methods.

Pros

Great staff where I worked, I felt respected

Cons

Low pay, no incentive to add clients

Great work environment, terrible pay

The titles says it all…The culture and the people are awesome but the wages are pathetic especially considering how much profit the corporation makes as a whole.

Pros

Awesome staff, fun members, laid back environment

Cons

Wage, Benefits, Hours

working at night is kind of nice, slower and more calm

its a job, and since I work nights its better. but people come to the gym with different personality's and it can be hard, as you might often be alone to deal with it, and there is no night manager to help you.

Bad place to work

Too much labor for such low pay. Owner treated the workers badly. Not willing to raise pay for the good workers. Talked badly about management to other Co workers

You need to love the gym

If you don’t love the gym, don’t apply. I also recommend against hiring on thru NFP. They expect the employees to be as motivated to work as the salaried staff. Unrealistic expectations (motivation to perform) of staff members going above and beyond , but as a manager I thoroughly enjoyed the members and staff. As a manager, expect the normal angry refund questions, as well as angry people in general about paper towel dispensers being empty (this is avoidable).

Nice workspace

cleaning all the time , great people, learned how to open facility. Do open work, like file papers & check records of who applied and to the facility

Love

Great company to work for. Taught me so much that I have used to continue success. Truly a company that holds others accountable and wants everyone to succeed

Fun place, money could be better

This is a really chill and easy job. Fun coworker’s which makes the job fulfilling, but the pay and pay dates could be better. You only get payed on the first 1st and 15th of each month, so consider that when you apply.

easy job with pay to match work.

Mostly just cleaning and explaining gym fees. Would appreciate steady procedures company wide or at least by franchise because every single gym does things differently regardless of same franchise or not.

What is the best part of working at the company?I work 3rd shift so I have plenty of extra free time to get some of my homework completed!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management trying to beat you out of anything good you have earned and the fact that they hire almost all teenagers who don't care about their job. The turnover is out of this world and unimaginable!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?work environment is horrible you freeze to death in there and if you wear a coat it has to be under your work t-shirt which is almost unheard of! What is a typical day like for you at the company?come to work, freeze to death, do homework, listen to management complain, and go home.

What is the best part of working at the company?The shirts are pretty coolWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Did not cater to needs of employees and pay is extremely lowWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Basic and not really funWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Standing at a desk

Social, Fun, Relaxing Job

I absolutely loved my time working for Planet Fitness! But that was largely thanks to my co-workers (being awesome, enjoyable people to be around) and the members. This is a job that requires you to be comfortable getting on your knees and cleaning underneath things. I love everything about the company and working for it! Except the pay. Pay was minimum wage, with little pay increase as you went up in-club management. I highly recommend this job for someone who is okay with minimum wage, and is looking for a job that doesn’t require much more than good social skills. You do have to have a personality and not be shy. You’ll be talking to people a lot, even on the night shift- although overnight positions are HEAVY on the deep cleaning, every night.

Overall awesome

Team work, compassion, understanding, advancement and positive place to work. They care about their customers and their workers, I've never been so happy to work there, the whole team had positivity and respect, always willing to help.

Pros

Free gym membership, 50% off items, great work schedule, team work

Cons

No healthcare for part time workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planet Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight