Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 3,121 reviews matching the search See all 3,273 reviews
A fun and exciting place to work, Love it!
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Perry Hall, MDJune 18, 2019
I loved working with my co workers and especially the members. Working out and helping others is my passion. I want my fellow members to feel welcome and feel that they can up to me at any time to ask me a question, whether I am working or just working out when I am off, I encourage them to live their best life. Members are at different fitness levels and stages of their lives.
Pros
Loved my job.
Cons
Short breaks.
Cool Co workers but customers could be a handful sometimes
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89121June 18, 2019
I enjoyed working here. Just wish there was more room for pay raises and incentives to sell memberships. I was by far the best when it came to selling memberships yet still made the same as every one else.
productive work enviornment
New Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJune 18, 2019
You spend most of your time standing behind the check in desk. Scan bar codes to admit members into the club and update member information i the computer system.
Fun workplace.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJune 17, 2019
Steady throughout the day. Busier at night around time people would get off. A lot of cleaning. My coworkers definitely made the job better. Majority of the members were very friendly and made going to work better.
Everything is a chaotic revolving door
NIGHT ASSOCIATE/JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Hazel Dell, WAJune 17, 2019
Bad management, bad pay, full time is less than 32 hours, no pay increases unless mandated by government and then masked as "merit" raises, biased against men (at my gym) if you are a trainer, any management that are worth anything are quickly removed so upper management can remain safe in their positions meaning you get unqualified mangers that don't last and continually change things to their liking so there is no consistent baseline which is unacceptable as an employee, lastly the "no judgement zone" will judge you if you don't drink the coolaid.
real flexible
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 17, 2019
the manager I had was very understanding and extremely helpful when I was starting up. Youre gonna get angry customers but just stay truthful and professional
Fun and laid back
Sales Representative Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJune 16, 2019
Planet Fitness is good for those in the healthcare industry or those who care to help people look their best and just overall healthy living and better living.
Started off amazing, ended badly
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 15, 2019
I worked there for almost 6 months and I didn’t want to leave, but they kept tacking on work and not raising the pay. I worked alone overnight as the only female and when guests became a problem, it was hard to manage them. I should’ve had someone else working with me but they never hired someone. They fired the cleaning crew and their job became also my job. However, my manager was a sweetheart and I have nothing bad to say about any of my coworkers.
Pros
Great coworkers, good management
Cons
High turnover, dress code (jeans in a gym??)
Working there was one of the best experiences in customer service that I have had. I loved it and the members.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RI 02860June 15, 2019
A typical day at work was easy if you enjoy your job and helping customers. They say if you love what you do you will never work a day in your life, and i absolutely loved it. Once you got the tour script down and the basic computer functions down it is an easy job. This job taught me that i love helping people and making them feel comfortable and welcomed. I really liked my managers as well. My managers were very easy going but stern when it came to getting things done and making sure our members got the best possible customer service experience. The hardest part of working at Planet Fitness is having customers argue with you and trying to stay calm whilst trying to ensure that they walk away happy knowing that we did everything to fix their issue(s). I would say the most enjoyable part og working at PF would be giving people an overall positive gym experience. Everyone kind of associates the gym with judgement and bodybuilders and people pressuring you but making sure people have a positive experience is amazing.
Planet fitness was a great work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Coachella Valley, CAJune 15, 2019
This was a great high school Job that tough to me a lot about the working field and what it meant to have responsibilities in a work environment, as well as teaching me great communication skills and how to communicate with others.
Typical day at work
Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 14, 2019
My experience with working for planet fitness was amazing and kept motivated to be better mentally and physically. Helping members and signing New members up was so much fun.
Fun workplace depends on the people you work with.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 14, 2019
My experience working at planet fitness by far good i learned a lot from bad managers to good managers. This job is only good for people who are willing to move up and grow within the company and who are willing to be cruel in order to do so. Also this job is good as temporary position to put on your resume.They have a flexible schedule as well so if you're in school this works for you. You get to meet new faces everyday; Members with kind hearts others with really bad attitudes. Working with the right team members makes work more fun. Working here requires a lot of patience. However cleaning plays a MAJOR part of this job is 90% of what you need to do at pf.
Pros
Free pizza, Free bagels and sick hours
Cons
dealing with chemicals to clean the equipment's on a daily basis
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJune 13, 2019
Most of the tasks include cleaning the gym equipment, the locker room, or the entire gym. When you are not cleaning, you are most likely standing behind a desk signing members into the gym, or you will be signing up new members for the gym.
Management and employees are absolutely awful
Sales (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIJune 13, 2019
In the year that I were there it was fine and very enjoyable when I first started out but they change management it fell downhill very quickly management does not respect employees management also picks favorites as well as discuss personal matters with other employees to whom it is not concern.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Management and employees
A pretty great place to work.
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC 29615June 13, 2019
Planet Fitness Front Desk operation I believe is a great place to gain some workforce experience. The responsibilities and duties are all pretty easy to grasp with minimal time. The workplace is typically positive, but of course working in Customer Service there are days where it's far more challenging than most. The huge drawback for me was the additional cleaning responsibilities that would keep me away from the front desk and prospective members far longer than I'd prefer.
Pros
Great Working Environment, Free Black Card Membership, and Awesome Management Team
Cons
Too many janitorial tasks, low compensation, and...nope that's it.
Ever changing environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2019
It's about what you'd expect from a customer service job, though the location you work at can make or break your experience there. Being franchise owned can also make it difficult when helping members from other clubs. There are many aspects to this job, some easier than others. It doesn't have a chance to get boring between ever changing sales, policies, and partnerships.
Boss is a psycho, stressful, not worth it!
Overnight Desk Clerk/ Custodian (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJune 13, 2019
I worked at Planet Fitness 2 years, and never got a raise. I worked the hardest out of all of the employees and time and time again they asked me to do more and more. The boss is a micromanaging psycho. If you value yourself at all, do not work there. They dont care about their employees.
Pros
Nightshift, quiet, great regulars
Cons
Terrible boss, terrible environment, stressful
Fun for kids
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INJune 12, 2019
This is a good first job for the fresh out of school kid.
I constantly go behind these kids fixing what they are too lazy to do the right way. I show the new hires how to do it the right way but soon enough they get lazy too. It's beyond frustrating.
I was hired at $9/ hour and told after so many days I would make $9.50. It's been 6 months and no raise.
Managers make empty promises to make you think they matter. The franchise owner only cares about money. He treats everyone like dirt and they just pass the torch.
Members are great. I work hard there. It would be nice to get compensated for it.
Pros
Free membership, tanning, masages etc.
Cons
Little to no breaks, you aren't allowed to leave, they provide no break room or refrigerator. No raise.
Fun Coworker and Amazing Managers
Front Desk Staff (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAJune 12, 2019
I love working here at Planet Fitness. Everybody is friendly and fun to be around and the managers/ team leads are amazing. They really care about your success and future ambitions. They are always willing to work around your schedule and push you to get better.
Pros
Top Notch Manament, Free Membership, Relaxed Environment
Cons
Horrible company to work for
Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 12, 2019
This is a over work under paid job. The company don’t support their team members or management team you work five days a week + every Saturday 2hr
Pros
Great atmosphere people working towards good health
Cons
No support, unorganized and very unprofessional