Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 2,919 reviews matching the search See all 3,070 reviews
Review
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJMarch 25, 2019
At times this job can be a fun, simple and easy job. But some of the requirements are too much for the low pay wages and there are no benefits for the employees.
General Manager In washington state
Assistant Manger, 10/17 - 04/2018 General Manager (Former Employee) –  University Place, WAMarch 25, 2019
Planet Fitness is a cool place to workout at however behind the scenes it's a bit of a disorganized mess and the powers at me are selfish and self-interested in protecting themselves rather than taking responsibilities for there mistakes.
Too Strict
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Centereach, NYMarch 25, 2019
Love my coworkers and the environment, however my personal life and obligations were often neglected and not cared for. I was not allowed to take off, even when I was sick.
Pros
environment, staff
Cons
hours
Relaxed
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMarch 25, 2019
Relaxed environment. Coworkers are usually cool. Good to meet new people. Management is okay not great. Benefits and pay are lackluster. Not much opportunity for advancement.
Fun place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXMarch 25, 2019
Planet Fitness is a great place to work and meet great people in the community you live in. I have been so lucky to learn even more about leadership roles.
Fun always something to do and awesome team!
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OR 97478March 24, 2019
fun relaxed fast paced great customers great team, the new management is not as friendly, the old management was much better. I learned about maintaining workout equiptment and tanning beds. always clean always a positive environment
Pros
Free membership
Cons
graveyard is 1 man team
a basic starter job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 24, 2019
a starter job decent hours. a good healthy lifestyle needs better management, room to grow more. better ides to make location better. treat employees better
Pros
a starter job
Cons
bad pay lack of room growth
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 24, 2019
I was promised two raises plus vacation and never got it. Would not recommend working here whatsoever. I am only here until i finish school or find a better job.
Fine place to work
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 24, 2019
Planet Fitness is a place that has many great workers, and my co workers are people I respect, however, with that being said, the way that management runs their locations and their expectations are a little bit unnecessary.
Trash
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORMarch 23, 2019
The management was very poor, no structure whatsoever. Pro's for working at planet fitness were free membership. Management would say one thing and not follow through.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Poor management
Productive and stress-free work place
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIMarch 23, 2019
I liked working at planet fitness, if i able to go back and work there i would. The members of the were nice, and you are able to build relationships with members. In addition, to having nice members, co-workers very easy to get along with.
fellow coworkers are all very nice
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 22, 2019
It is a fun environment with meeting ne people and getting the satisfaction of a job completed. Management is in a different state so sometimes does not understand hours worked per day. the hardest part is driving 20 to 25 hrs a week and still getting your work orders completed. I very much enjoyed working with all the different people in the 7 gyms I visited each week.
Pros
free membership
Cons
alot of driving
Worked with hard working people that made it fun to be there
Weekend Opener at Planet Fitness (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAMarch 22, 2019
Everyone I worked with took the job very seriously and really wanted to be there. It motivated me to do my work quickly and affectively. I mostly worked by myself on the weekends so sometimes a lot of people would come in and it would get busy with the phone and people with questions, but I still would manage to get my work done. I also became closer with the members that would come in on a regular basis by remembering names and asking them how their day was.
Beneficial Place to Work
Member Service Representative (Shift Leader) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2019
A typical day of work consists of checking in guests, creating memberships, account maintenance, and caring for the gym facility extensively. I learned how to advance my career, work in an office environment, supervise others, and focus on my responsibilities. Management is not very great but it's worth having. I've noticed that the people who have been in management were there mostly for the title and probably the salary but not to make the environment better. I don't believe I really enjoy the culture Planet Fitness simply because of the "It's All About You" slogan. It isn't all about the customers of Planet Fitness because PF allows some very rude and nasty people to be members. There has to be a greater mission. The hardest part of the job can be working with people who see this place as just "temporary employment" and it isn't fair for people who are there to have a stable career even if they wouldn't mind working there until retirement. Honestly, the benefits are good! You get everything plus life insurance and such a low cost. And a 401K! It's so good. The most enjoyable part is having a membership, meeting those few great people, and having free meals every now and then.
Pros
Free Food, PF Apparel, Free Membership, Great Employment Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks for Full Time Employments, PF Accepts any time of class of people (Unsatisfactory), Can be very greedy and dishonest
Cool and intersting
Front Desk Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45251March 21, 2019
Planet Fitness LLC was a interesting place to work and kind of cool in a sense. Would I recommend it based off of personal experience? honestly. I would not. But if someone is interested I wouldn't put it past them to work there. You get a free membership and deal with angered customers frequently because the memberships themselves have holes in the contract.
Pros
Free gym membership, Lunch Breaks
Cons
Pay
Worst place ever
Overnight Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMMarch 21, 2019
This places sucked to work at worthless management favoritism due to color of skin and co-workers who are more worthless then management. They get away with sleeping all night leaving when he want it's rediculous.
Pros
Works with sleep schedule
Cons
The rest o this place sucks
chill place if you don't want to advance
Overnight Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 20, 2019
good place, customers are customers and do what customers do. management is okay. hours are good, pay is okay. no easy task to move up especially if you work overnights.
also overnights work 9-12 hr shifts no break.
To much work with not enough pay
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAMarch 20, 2019
Would only recommend this job to young kids in school looking for part time hours. Not a friendly environment like they praise it to be you will deal with a lot of angry people. Min wage pay with no raises. Will be cleaning your entire shift while trying to handle front desk duties and dealing with member complaints. Job does not work around your schedule so you must have complete open availability especially if your chosen for a floater position. You are expected to work holidays and they dont close for bad weather. Call offs and tardiness will result in termination if your not liked by staff. Favoritism is also a big issue here. Your either liked by staff or your not and people less liked will have more job responsibilities. So if you can get with the "in" crowd at work you can spend your entire shift watching TV and sitting on your phone, if not expect to be doubled up with other staffs job duties.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
No breaks, no vacation days, nepotism
Fun place to work for
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAMarch 20, 2019
A typical day at work was coming in and greeting guest as they would come in. If there was any issues that was addressed to us we would immediately take care of it. The management there was supportive and always made sure that we had the knowledge to be able to assist the guest with any type of situation that could arise. The culture was laid back with a high demand to make sure that we are doing our job, but if you did what you were tasked with the management left you alone.
Management sucks
Overnight Cleaner (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCMarch 19, 2019
Management is terrible. They hire people who have very little experience. If you are not a part of their little group then you are looked down upon and treated unfairly
Pros
Easy job, free workouts