Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 2,535 reviews matching the search See all 2,653 reviews
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Planet fitness has pushed me to be out of my comfort zone. I have learned a lot about my self and that I have what it takes to potentially be a great leader
Pros
Paid lunch
Diverse and fun
Receptionist/ Team member (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVSeptember 20, 2018
I would recommend working at planet fitness because it’s a very calm environment, but the coolest people work there! You get a free membership and most of the members are super kind. My only complaint is the terrible manager who bashes on his employees.
Pros
Fun, discounts, nice members and staff
Cons
Poor management, not a lot of work hours available
Very fun, welcoming environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CASeptember 20, 2018
Management does the best possible job while staying within the guidelines and policies that corporate and ownership continue to wish the gym to follow.
Pros
Free gym access for staff
Cons
Non-flexible schedules
Great relaxed work environment
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 19, 2018
Great place to work with flexible hours. Loved every part of the job from customers to management. I learned great customer service and a lot about the equipment.
Pros
Great relaxed work environment
Repetitive, consistent, relaxed workplace
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I've learned that communication is key among the work place. Without it, simple tasks are difficult to accomplish. Management are incredible people but are very early in their career and still learning themselves. Leadership is lacking. However the culture they breathe is like no other. It truly is a judgement free zone. They really are people of opportunity and equality. I would describe the hardest part of the job in two simple things. I constantly pick up after my own coworkers and no matter the amount of effort I strive to grow in the company, management does not help. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is that it essentially never changes. Weekly I do the exact same thing, week in, week out.
Pros
Work at your pace, very relaxed
Cons
Management has a lot of growing and learning to do
They discriminate
Nothing (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Would not recommend this place to Work or go to the gym at!!! I thought they were suppose to be the place you couple feel good walking in to guess not!!!i don’t recommend anyone going to this place!!!
Pros
Sucks
Cons
Sucks more!!
A Typical Day
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Whenever i would come into work, I never dreaded it. The people i worked with were amazing and always up beat and easy to get along with. The environment made the job a lot easier. You got to interact with members constantly and cleaned your desired section.
Productive and Inviting work place
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 18, 2018
A typical day at Planet Fitness consist of multitasking between customer service, team building, cleaning and using Microsoft Office tools. The best part of the job is walking into an environment full of awesome hard working staff members prepared to work.
Buddy buddy Stab in the back snakes!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Hired as an assistant manager.
My manager was an alcoholic, stole time, stole petty cash but was friends with the DM and other corporate types so no consequences.
GM was abusive, manipulative and refused to teach me anything because he was afraid I would take his job.
Pros
The checks don’t bounce.
Cons
Hateful, spiteful, manipulative GM and DM with no recourse through Human Resources.
A fun Work place
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Planet Fitness is an excellent place to work while in college and an enviornment where an individual may grow in the area(s) of teamwork, communication skills, problem solving, and overall, building a solid character foundation for your future self.
Hands down a place i would recommend
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNSeptember 17, 2018
Very friendly best place i have worked yet, pay could have been a little better but other than that the work experience i received was on another level. i have never missed a job like i have being the trainer at planet fitness
Cons
pay
review
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PASeptember 17, 2018
I loved working at PF! It was fantastic. I had some circumstances come up that were beyond my control and had to relocate. But would go back in a heartbeat!
Plannet fitness
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MASeptember 15, 2018
i learn a lot a planet fitness like cleaning and doing a lot on the computer.like answer phone calls doing people billing and stuff. Also sometimes u go on tour with new members and show around the gym.
Very free environment.
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Willowick, OH 44095September 15, 2018
Friendly coworkers and gym members. Management very unorganized and no communication. Decent amount of training. Good pay for position. Few but great discounts.
good place for college students
Member services (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 14, 2018
great place to work while attending college. they work very well with school schedules as well as other work schedules. all the shifts are set so you don't have to worry about a different schedule every week.
Pros
fun, layed back environment
Cons
dont offer raises very often
Planet Fitness
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2018
Loved this place so much. The job and people were great. Loved meeting new people all the time. The only thing I will say that there mission statement does stick and also the cleaning is the only worse part of the job.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
A lot of cleaning
Managers at PF Clarksville
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INSeptember 14, 2018
The GM treats his staff, which mostly consists of 20-25yr olds. Female are treated unfairly and discriminated against. He is crast, unprofessional, and racist. He is rude to customers and very seldom deals with customer concerns. Most of the time we do not know about promotionals we do not know about anything that has changed anything that is broken because he does not communicate with females on staff and less it’s in a derogatory way . Several customers have expressed her concerns on the Facebook page but nothing has been done
Benefits
Cons
Everything else. Employee treatment
Great club management, low starting wage
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDSeptember 13, 2018
Great club managers, clean, structured, organized, friendly environment. Downside is that the starting pay is low for the amount of work and training required. In addition to the on the job training, there are hours and hours of online courses that are required to be taken on two different websites.

Management seems to have a lot of work to do, more than anyone would expect a manager of a gym to have to do. Through it all, they manage to keep a good attitude even when the quality of employees is not great, because unfortunately minimum wage does not bring in quality people.
Pros
Free membership, hard working managers, clean
Cons
Lots of work for low starting wage
Strong Company Culture
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJSeptember 13, 2018
Team-oriented environment. Must be willing to make sacrifices in work-life balance in order to put yourself in line for advancement.
Creativity is what they look for in managers
It’s a fun job if you’re into heath and fitness.
Front desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 12, 2018
As a front desk employee you have tons of responsibilities such as working the front desk as well as detail cleaning the gym floor. They ask for a lot from their staff with such little pay.
Pros
flexible with school
Cons
Short breaks, standing for long period of time (8-9 hour shifts) with no chairs