Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 3,134 reviews matching the search See all 3,287 reviews
Chill, Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 23, 2019
i enjoyed working at planet fitness, it was an easy job although sometimes got busy it made the shift go by faster. The pay was terrible $9.25 to start, biweekly and we didn't get raises although after 1 year you should get a raise. 3rd shift got paid $10. They were inconsistent with managers, but that didn't really bother me, things just slightly changed. Everyone got along, sometimes there was drama but nothing major. They accommodated to your schedule, I would recommend this job to anyone if your looking for something simple.
Pros
Lenient, easy
Cons
low pay
Terrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seat Pleasant, MDJune 23, 2019
Management is terrible they lie and cheat staff out of money they have earned and they don't appreciate good employees. The only positive to the job are the members.
Great co-workers, fun clients.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Pennsville, NJJune 23, 2019
The hardest part of the job was lifting weights over 45 pounds to put away and explaining to potential members they will only accept checking account information for payment. The turnover is fast as far as staff, but all in all it was a great experience and management was great. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and getting to know the regulars!
Pros
People I have met.
Cons
minimum wage.
The pay is not enough
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJune 23, 2019
Over worked & under paid. Upper management only cares about money & numbers not the employees. The over turn for this company is constantly changing!!
Pros
Members & co-workers
Cons
Under paid
Productive and a great experience
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 21, 2019
I learned a lot about customer service and truly enjoyed working there and got the chance to meet new people. My duty was to greet the customers and give them information about the gym to new comers.
Not my favorite job.
Overnight Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32210June 21, 2019
Bad management. Constantly being watched, people always calling trying to cancel over the phone even though it's policy to come in and cancel or do so by certified mail. Total B/S. Quit after 6 months.
Easy to understand and keep up with
Representative (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJune 21, 2019
Planet fitness is an easy job to catch on to, and is super repetitive so it's easy to grasp and learn. The work environment is friendly and everyone who comes in is lovely to be around.
No room to make corrections if you weren't at your best.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 20, 2019
I loved the customers and being a representative for this company but, no real training for this company you just had to learn while on the job. If you made any errors, no write ups or oral warnings, just show you the door. That gives you no room to understand to correct your errors and keep on working and improving.
its a gym
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 20, 2019
Planet fitness is a good place to work if you don't need a lot of money and are looking for a low stress job. They work with you on hours and you get a free membership
Awful management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJune 20, 2019
Dont expect to move up in the company or get any of your over time. The employees loveeee drama too so watch out. Worked there for over a year and had my shift covered maybe twice. Very unpredictable schedule.
Pros
You can literally do whatever
Cons
Management sucks
Horrible management and too much work for not enough pay
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 20, 2019
The management there is horrendous. Extremely inconsistent and barely helps up front. Management would always be in the back doing whatever and the rest of the staff dealt with a majority of the member problems. I did not get paid enough for everything that I did there. They claim to be a judgement free zone but are such the opposite.
It was a great team to be with
Membership Sales Associate / Overnight Closer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 20, 2019
It was a great experience and I made great friends with a lot of the members. Would work there again if I had the chance. The management was great and always ready to help
Best Job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 19, 2019
I absolutely love working at Planet Fitness!! I work with an amazing team and my managers are really cool. I get to wear t-shirts on Wednesday and Friday and also sweatpants on Friday. The job is pretty laid back you answer phone calls sign people up and do a little bit of cleaning.
Each employee has a station a day they are supposed to clean and it literally takes less than an hour.
You do rounds every 30 minutes just making sure nothing needs to be refilled.
The hardest part of the job is the BER day. It's when corporate comes in and inspects the gym but it's not to bad as long as your team stays on top of their cleaning!

You get a raise every 6 months I believe. You also have plenty of opportunities to move up in position as you work there. Planet fitness like to promote within the company!
Pros
Laid back
Cons
unless you're AGM / GM you can't work more than 40 hrs
A fun and exciting place to work, Love it!
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Perry Hall, MDJune 18, 2019
I loved working with my co workers and especially the members. Working out and helping others is my passion. I want my fellow members to feel welcome and feel that they can up to me at any time to ask me a question, whether I am working or just working out when I am off, I encourage them to live their best life. Members are at different fitness levels and stages of their lives.
Pros
Loved my job.
Cons
Short breaks.
Cool Co workers but customers could be a handful sometimes
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89121June 18, 2019
I enjoyed working here. Just wish there was more room for pay raises and incentives to sell memberships. I was by far the best when it came to selling memberships yet still made the same as every one else.
productive work enviornment
New Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJune 18, 2019
You spend most of your time standing behind the check in desk. Scan bar codes to admit members into the club and update member information i the computer system.
Fun workplace.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJune 17, 2019
Steady throughout the day. Busier at night around time people would get off. A lot of cleaning. My coworkers definitely made the job better. Majority of the members were very friendly and made going to work better.
Everything is a chaotic revolving door
NIGHT ASSOCIATE/JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Hazel Dell, WAJune 17, 2019
Bad management, bad pay, full time is less than 32 hours, no pay increases unless mandated by government and then masked as "merit" raises, biased against men (at my gym) if you are a trainer, any management that are worth anything are quickly removed so upper management can remain safe in their positions meaning you get unqualified mangers that don't last and continually change things to their liking so there is no consistent baseline which is unacceptable as an employee, lastly the "no judgement zone" will judge you if you don't drink the coolaid.
real flexible
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 17, 2019
the manager I had was very understanding and extremely helpful when I was starting up. Youre gonna get angry customers but just stay truthful and professional
Fun and laid back
Sales Representative Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJune 16, 2019
Planet Fitness is good for those in the healthcare industry or those who care to help people look their best and just overall healthy living and better living.