Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 3,111 reviews matching the search See all 3,263 reviews
Typical day at work
Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 14, 2019
My experience with working for planet fitness was amazing and kept motivated to be better mentally and physically. Helping members and signing New members up was so much fun.
Fun workplace depends on the people you work with.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 14, 2019
My experience working at planet fitness by far good i learned a lot from bad managers to good managers. This job is only good for people who are willing to move up and grow within the company and who are willing to be cruel in order to do so. Also this job is good as temporary position to put on your resume.They have a flexible schedule as well so if you're in school this works for you. You get to meet new faces everyday; Members with kind hearts others with really bad attitudes. Working with the right team members makes work more fun. Working here requires a lot of patience. However cleaning plays a MAJOR part of this job is 90% of what you need to do at pf.
Pros
Free pizza, Free bagels and sick hours
Cons
dealing with chemicals to clean the equipment's on a daily basis
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJune 13, 2019
Most of the tasks include cleaning the gym equipment, the locker room, or the entire gym. When you are not cleaning, you are most likely standing behind a desk signing members into the gym, or you will be signing up new members for the gym.
Management and employees are absolutely awful
Sales (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIJune 13, 2019
In the year that I were there it was fine and very enjoyable when I first started out but they change management it fell downhill very quickly management does not respect employees management also picks favorites as well as discuss personal matters with other employees to whom it is not concern.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Management and employees
A pretty great place to work.
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC 29615June 13, 2019
Planet Fitness Front Desk operation I believe is a great place to gain some workforce experience. The responsibilities and duties are all pretty easy to grasp with minimal time. The workplace is typically positive, but of course working in Customer Service there are days where it's far more challenging than most. The huge drawback for me was the additional cleaning responsibilities that would keep me away from the front desk and prospective members far longer than I'd prefer.
Pros
Great Working Environment, Free Black Card Membership, and Awesome Management Team
Cons
Too many janitorial tasks, low compensation, and...nope that's it.
Ever changing environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2019
It's about what you'd expect from a customer service job, though the location you work at can make or break your experience there. Being franchise owned can also make it difficult when helping members from other clubs. There are many aspects to this job, some easier than others. It doesn't have a chance to get boring between ever changing sales, policies, and partnerships.
Boss is a psycho, stressful, not worth it!
Overnight Desk Clerk/ Custodian (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJune 13, 2019
I worked at Planet Fitness 2 years, and never got a raise. I worked the hardest out of all of the employees and time and time again they asked me to do more and more. The boss is a micromanaging psycho. If you value yourself at all, do not work there. They dont care about their employees.
Pros
Nightshift, quiet, great regulars
Cons
Terrible boss, terrible environment, stressful
Fun for kids
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INJune 12, 2019
This is a good first job for the fresh out of school kid.
I constantly go behind these kids fixing what they are too lazy to do the right way. I show the new hires how to do it the right way but soon enough they get lazy too. It's beyond frustrating.
I was hired at $9/ hour and told after so many days I would make $9.50. It's been 6 months and no raise.
Managers make empty promises to make you think they matter. The franchise owner only cares about money. He treats everyone like dirt and they just pass the torch.
Members are great. I work hard there. It would be nice to get compensated for it.
Pros
Free membership, tanning, masages etc.
Cons
Little to no breaks, you aren't allowed to leave, they provide no break room or refrigerator. No raise.
Fun Coworker and Amazing Managers
Front Desk Staff (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAJune 12, 2019
I love working here at Planet Fitness. Everybody is friendly and fun to be around and the managers/ team leads are amazing. They really care about your success and future ambitions. They are always willing to work around your schedule and push you to get better.
Pros
Top Notch Manament, Free Membership, Relaxed Environment
Cons
Horrible company to work for
Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 12, 2019
This is a over work under paid job. The company don’t support their team members or management team you work five days a week + every Saturday 2hr
Pros
Great atmosphere people working towards good health
Cons
No support, unorganized and very unprofessional
Its a fun and loving job
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNJune 12, 2019
Job was good.great people with loving understandable hearts.i would do it all over again with any job that will do the same with another job because im great person to work with.im always doing my job on time and when to do it with no hesitate reason
Pros
Free lunch from time to time
Cons
Favortism
Great Place to work if you are a student.
Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 10, 2019
This could be a great job if upper management had any idea what they were doing. Micro managed and poorly run. Low pay and high turnover rates. This franchise has no idea how to take care of its employees.
Pros
free membership
Cons
upper management
Terrible
Overnight Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJune 10, 2019
Where I worked at Planet Fitness (in Danvers) I did overnights and it was always tough to keep up and keep everything absolutely tidy, especially with people continuously coming in and out and having other things to do. The overnight crew, most DEFINITELY did NOT get the recognition that we deserved. The manager was always calling us out, unprofessionally in the memos and continuously making us feel bad and never wanting to go into work. Always drama with the manager and some other employees, but the manager himself, poor management skills, and not professional whatsoever.
Cons
Working overnight all you do is clean
Team Member (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJune 10, 2019
If working overnight all you do is clean. I don’t mind cleaning but for the very low pay it’s not worth it. Look somewhere else that pays more than 10 an hr for cleaning.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, no cell phones in the building
great starter job
STAFF REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 10, 2019
typical day would be checking members in, taking possible prospects on tours, cleaning equipment, and helping members with their billing information. Management was very understanding and professional.
You stand a lot and kept busy
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 8, 2019
It's a good place to work when you are in school or don't have a lot of responsibilities to worry about. It is a place of business so if you are not willing to work hard then maybe it is not for you. The pay is decent. Definitely not for someone with kids.
Not as great as I thought
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 7, 2019
The job was awesome- well the COMPANY. What planetfitness stands for and how we create a almost family oriented space for anyone to join. However my experience wasn’t the best after a while. I felt judged and slowly noticed that the regional manager already had favorites . This was a brand new location and you can see the “kiss a**mentality in a lot of the employees. It created a less enjoyable environment. The management seem to only really attend to their favorites for any type of advancement. You also had to be snobby and present yourself a type of way just to fit into the staff. Talk about a “judgement free zone”...NOT
Pros
Customers, free membership
Cons
Pay, management, coworkers, judge mental environment
Fun and relaxed work environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  PAJune 7, 2019
Planet fitness is fun and relaxed. It’s a good job for someone in high school or college. They seem to have room for advancement but also do a lot of hiring outside of the company versus promoting from within
Do not work here!
Overnight Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJune 5, 2019
If you enjoy working alone every night because none of your co-workers bother to show up for work then this is the place for you. You end up doing everyones work or becoming just like them and not doing anything, and management does not take complaints seriously, i told my manager that there needs to be a discussion with the staff about showing up to their shifts and actually showing up on time when they do come in, the response from my manager regarding that situation was that she is no longer going to be the manager in the coming weeks and that it will mean nothing to the staff if she had said anything, they will hook you by promising a pay raise in 30 days making it seem like it will bring you up to a livable wage versus $12 an hour but the raise will only be about 10 cents if they deem you competent enough.

P.S. even an assistant manager will only make slightly more than overnights which make only $12 per hour!!!!
Free membership!!!!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJune 5, 2019
Hours are long and do not pay enough for all the requirements of the job. If you have an emergency you have to have coverage for your shift, in which I believe is managements job to cover.
Pros
Free membership