Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

slow pace but can gain some skills
Personal fitness trainer, customer service (Current Employee) –  Seffner, FLApril 5, 2018
slow pace environment where you can learn how to associate with people from all over the world to help you customer service skills. you may gain the ability to multi-task
Pros
free membership
Cons
no growth in the company. low hours
Produtive and Fast Paced Enviroment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIApril 5, 2018
During the day shifts a usual day at work was fast paced but easily manageable with the cooperation of other team members. I spent most of the day answering telephone calls and answering customer inquries, assiting customers, and maintaning the front desk. During the overnight shift my resposibilities comprimised of heavy cleaning duties within the whole facility, drink inventory, logging members into the data system, and closing drawers. Management with excellent and reasonable within the circumstances. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the members not only assisting them but also building relationships also.
Pros
Great managment
Cons
less than 20 work hours per week, no benifits
productive
FRONT DESK ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 5, 2018
celebree is a very.nice company to work for. Management is nice and helpful as well as my coworkers. I have enjoyed working at celebree for the short time I have been there. Only complaint I have is the pay rate. Little pay for taking care of little people all day.
Fun work place, great coworkers, and great members - pay is not competitive enough though.
Club Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 5, 2018
As a manger, I am required to be on call 24/7 in a facility that is always open and always staffed. There are a lot of responsibilities with my title that I do not feel I am properly compensated for. This is a great place to work and it is easy to quickly move up within the company on a club level because many people quit due to the pay. The best part of this job is it is mainly drama free and your coworkers are kind of like your little family. It is a great place to work, but I would not say it is a "career job."
Pros
Great Coworkers, Fun Place to Work, Room for Advancement
Cons
No breaks, Low Pay
Very nice atmosphere and a perfect place to work out
Member Services-Overnight Shift (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 5, 2018
I've enjoyed my time as an employee. I've been working there since August of 2016. It has its fast and slow days, but it's always fun. The members are very nice and it's awesome to watch their progress in the gym.
Rather eat a bowl of crushed glass than work for this company again
Overnight cleaner (Current Employee) –  Succasunna, NJApril 4, 2018
I worked as an overnight cleaner at this job, and it was a fairly easy and relaxed part time job. My coworkers were cool, but the corporation and management were beyond incompetent. The work they expect for minimum wage is ridiculous. In six months I never had any communication with the management. No bonuses, no raises, no paid time off, no benefits, no loyalty, no job security even though they tell you they will give those things to you they are lieing. Then when sales dip they will lay people off like it is nothing. I am surprised anyone would want to work there.
Pros
Coworkers were cool
Cons
No bonuses, raises, benefits, Pto, loyalty or respect from corporate
Okay environment
Front Desk Associate/ CSR (Current Employee) –  Crestwood, MOApril 4, 2018
Unsteady management and employee statuses. Difficult to receive promised raises. Hard to take a day off. Told could only take a break if you had food.
Not recommended
Front Desk Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJApril 4, 2018
Pay was extremely low and management was extremely poor. The owners were pretty much evil. One of the worse jobs I have ever had. The only highlights were the gym members and some of my coworkers.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Low Pay, Poor Management
Depends on the location; doesn't reward hard work.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 4, 2018
The environment at both PFs I worked at were completely different. One was mostly good and the other was chaotic. Neither offered advancement or increase in already low pay. All employees both good and bad got the same 15 cent raise that was supposed to happen every 6 months but would always be a month or 2 late like they were hoping you would leave before they had to give you 15 cents.
Pros
Free membership to the gym.
Cons
Short breaks and punishing hard work with more work.
No Comment
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA 94538April 2, 2018
Planet fitness was a very slow and sometimes stressful place. sometimes we didn't have people to cover someones shift by somehow i managed to help out when i can
It was a great experience
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 2, 2018
I loved everything about Planet fitness I wish I can work there again. I love helping clients reach there fitness goals and i loved the teamwork. I would like to see the company grow ing the future.
Not Worth It For The Pay Rate
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIApril 2, 2018
I worked evening shift. The management and franchise owner expect a lot from you but pays very little. Half the time you had to stand around and pretend you're doing something productive. The manager I had favorites certain employees and let them good around. The ones that weren't treated special were stuck doing majority of the work. If you speak your mind you're treated poorly and don't take you seriously. Example: I was sexually harassed and the manager did absolutely nothing when it was brought to her attention. The problems continued and eventually I quite due to the low pay, high demand of labor, and wasn't taken seriously.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Managment and Low Pay
Productive and Fun Workplace
Member Services Representative, Planet Fitness (Current Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALMarch 31, 2018
A typical day at work is typically slow paced. I have learned many customer service tactics. The management I have experienced at Planet Fitness has been excellent. The workplace culture is very relaxed and fair.. The hardest part of the job is dealing with individual's billing. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with members.
Ok
Manager (Current Employee) –  PAMarch 31, 2018
It's an ok position if you don't mind manual labor. Lifting/moving heavy equipment, cleaning all day long. Youre not a reseptionist, youre a custodian. Pay is not nearly enough and benefits are not provided
Cons
No benefits, Manual labor, low salary
Its alright
Excellent data entry on AS400 (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 31, 2018
Any other position you may be promoted to, does not come with much of a good raise. Hours were inconsistent, and management was lacking constantly even with the regional manager there.
Pros
you can use the massage chairs, free membership
Cons
low pay
Fun staff
Desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2018
Coworkers are always fun and outgoing. Members are usually determined and share success stories and motivate one another. Theres a great vibe throughout the gym.
Pros
club membership
great
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INMarch 30, 2018
great place to work. friendly co workers flexible pay it was nice to work there. i gained alot of personal experiences by working there that has helped me grow as a person
Amazing work environment
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJMarch 28, 2018
Everyone is so welcoming, staff and the members. Work isn’t too easy but not extremely hard. Staff is very understanding to new workers, questions were never an issue.
Pros
Amazing work environment
Cons
I felt harassed and nothing was done about it
not enough hours pretty laid back job
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 28, 2018
working at planet fitness is ostly busy work it get pretty boring so you have to pretend to be busy by cleaning mostly if your not helping a customer or member.
Pros
gym membership
Cons
hours, boring, pay
loved it
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAMarch 27, 2018
Working here was really fun and I really miss my coworkers. Working there I learned how to better assist angry customers or defuse situations. The best part about the job was meeting so many different people