Planet Hollywood Employee Reviews

Good Job for starting out in NY
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2018
Working at PHNY is like working any other restaurant job in Times Square. You're going to get tourists and you're going to get stiffed sometimes.

The money is enough for you to live in NYC and the hours are flexible enough that you can go to school or pursue your true ambitions.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Discounts on Food
Cons
Dealing with people on a daily basis is rough
Love this place
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2018
I loved working here. Slow season was really bad in 2012 and I wasn't able to afford cost of living back then. I heard they have new management and have undergone some great renovations though,
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Benefits were pricey
Don't care to
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2018
I don't care to dwell on things I did not like. Won't do any good. Didn't listen to me then and doesn't matter now. It is the reason I QUIT after 18 years. Could not take it any more. Otherwise I would hav stayed.
Poor management and empty promises
Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2018
Consistently, one manager said this, then the other says that; Unprofessional and lacked communication. Location changed daily and hours were horrible. I was full-time working less than 30hrs a weeks. Very temp.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management, hours, low pay
great place to work, team spirit among staff
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2018
A typical day started with making sure everything is stocked. Everyone assigned to there area. Management and staff worked well together. The best part was going home knowing you did your job well and fun while pleasing the guests.
Pros
Employee meals, great benefits, great atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes being too busy with an extra station
Poor management, no communication.
Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 3, 2018
I worked for this company for 3 years and they don’t care about you what so ever. Every employee is just a number to them. They’re extremely cheap and put their employees through so much just for THEM to make a dollar. They do not care about the guest either if you have a issue with a tables food they’re always so hesitant to comp it off even if they didn’t like it. Force you to sell glassware to get a decent schedule to pay your bills. They will rush you during breaks to get up to the next floor for your PM shift. Poor communication between management all together and with their staff. They’re are a lot of cliques between team members that makes for a hostile work environment. There is a thing between AM/PM shift servers and hostilty between rude trainers and regular floor servers. Forced to do the YMCA every 30 minutes and they could write you up for not doing it even if you have been triple sat. Speaking of the hosts, there is no rotation what so ever, you could have a 6 table station of 2 tops and they will sit all 6 even when there’s a whole floor of open tables. The only reason you make money is constant table turn plus they up charge our guests. Just recently we got gratuity and when we do add grat we have to stamp it with a obnoxious 18% grat “can be increased of decreased” stamp on every single paper work so it looks trashy and too much plus if a table would like to over tip a manager has to visit the table to double check or you can’t claim the tip. If it wasn’t for the decent money and Disney benefits I wouldn’t of stayed as long, I really regret not leaving sooner.
Pros
Disney benefits.
Cons
Short breaks, bad work environment, toxic.
Great
I.T. Network Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2018
Really liked the atmosphere of working at the planet Hollywood. It is a great casino and resort chain and if given the right circumstances I would go back.
A fun place to work
Buffet Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 29, 2018
I like customer service and the manage treat everybody fair also the manage help the food server, the bus person serve drink and clean table and everybody work as a team.
Pros
free lunch and good benefit
Cons
you have to work on hoilday
Not what I expected
Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 17, 2018
They hire almost everybody off the street that will apply because the training is intense. Management does not care about the employees because of the turnover rate they experience. (Catch 22) During one of my shifts I got berated by a manager for messing up table rotation? I'm not sure what happened but the situation was not handled in a professional way. The work environment is very toxic. Nobody wants to be at work. If they couldn't keep me working there, I'm not sure how they keep anybody. When hired, you will get some main floor shifts to start off, then upper floor aka being called off 2 - 3 times a week. Wasn't as lucrative as I thought. You pretty much have to be a trainer to make money here.
Pros
Make money if you are on the main floor.
Cons
Made money first couple weeks then scheduled upper floors and income went way down.
General Manager/Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2018
Planet Hollywood was a great place to work .
From great food ,awesome work environment and working closely with Celebrities .
When Planet Hollywood was in existence , the food and menu were amazing .
Pros
Working with Celebrities
Cons
Went out of business
It was a very exciting place to work, everyone had fun the guests most of the time.
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2018
Getting a chance to work at a place where at any time some famous actor or musician could walk in and sit down at your table was awesome. the atmosphere was full of electricity on a daily basis.
productive and fun place to work
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 29, 2018
great environment everyone is a team player if there were any problems management handled it professionally.plus great tips at the end of every night.
Great Place to work, very fast paced!
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2018
Great food a lot of fun to work at with a great team.
extremely fast paced. The ambiance was full of memorabilia from famous people and movies. we even sold retail.
Pros
Alot of fun
Cons
Had to move to MN
great place to work
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work in different kitchen and there is a lot of room for advance within the company the down side it was an on-call position
Pros
paid 1hour break
Cons
not enough hours
Very laid back coulture no constraints
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2018
Once trained the work was always there and everyone pitched in to get it entered into the system. You were always learning something new because they were always short staffed and I enjoyed it.
Pros
Employees and management were very easy to get along. No tension
Cons
Great place to work good money
Housekeep Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2018
Great place to work just do your job and you will be ok. No cliques, no sets, no groups always be friendly and no gossip. As long as your doing your job you have nothing to worry about.
Pros
hour lunch good money
Cons
no advancements
Good Learning
Server / Trainer (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CASeptember 20, 2018
The planet hollywood was very fast paced, energetic, and fun place to work. I would still be working there if it hadnt shut down. Management and everything about the place was amazing
They do NOT care about there emplyees
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLAugust 30, 2018
Do yourself a favor, by pass working here. They don't pay well, Not up to Disney specs , trashy ppl work there. Dirty , They don't care even about good employees.
Ok
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2018
Working at the planet Hollywood i can say it was nice they gad great employees who were energized and ready to work on a dajly basis ny enployees were ready everyday to work
Pros
Great lunches
Cons
Lunch breaks were short
Pit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2018
Planet Hollywood Resort and casino is highly motivated place to work and advance your work skill in daily work activities. And this help you to grow professionally.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planet Hollywood. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about