Planet Home Lending

Working at Planet Home Lending: Employee Reviews

United States167 reviews

Planet Home Lending insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Great place to work and advance in your career

Featured review

Planet Home Lending selected this as a representative review
Planet is the BEST for culture and teamwork! The company is committed to promoting from within and allows its employees to spread their wings. Leadership has a strong vision of the future and you are made to feel a part of making that happen. I strongly recommend this company!

Pros

Lots of advancement opportunities. Strong leadership with a good vision of the future.

Cons

None at the moment

April 26, 2021
We are so, so glad to hear you are part of Planet! Thank you for making our culture strong!

Positive company with great support when needed. Top notch training program and always available after initial sessions.

Excellent training in all areas: computer support, company policies/procedures and the job itself. Knowledgeable management and courteous, professional co-workers.

January 10, 2022
Thanks for your review. Planet’s goal is to have employees be as happy on their last day as they are on their first day. We're so happy that you are here to make Planet the best it can be!

Best job I’ve ever had because of the people I work with.

I energized and feel great working here. People really have my best interests at heart and they really care about customers. It’s like a family (in a good way).

Pros

Regular promotions and salary increases. Help when I need it from coworkers.

Cons

Can’t think of any right now.

December 30, 2021
Thank you! You really belong here at Planet with a great attitude like that. Glad you’re here to help us define the culture.

Team Work Place

This company does a great job with training and assisting new employees with their new roles. Managers and Trainers do a great job utilizing Microsoft Teams to learn the processes.

December 7, 2021
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this! Planet has worked hard to improve on all fronts and training is always a large component of that. We are so glad that you are here to make us the best mortgage company we can be!

Positive Work Environment

Planet is a great company to work for!! The management and peers are very nice. Everyone is a team player and are always happy to extend a helping hand. From the onboarding process to the training, everything has been truly amazing!!

November 29, 2021
Thanks for this! We are so, so glad to hear you feel that way! We are proud of our culture and are glad you are happy here.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Busy, calls are back to back, keeps you engaged with the customer thru-out the entire shift.

The office environment at Plant Home Lending is very Clean and rules of social distancing are very evident and clearly Marked thru out the facility. a very diverse, and respectful team environment.

Pros

Excellent benefits

Cons

Only a 15 minute -Short Break and 30 minutes of unpaid Lunch.

November 29, 2021
We appreciate the feedback, but mostly we appreciate that you are here and helping Planet be a great place to work!

Amazing place to work, so much to learn here. love it!

Out standing place to work. I absolutely love working here. So much potential to grow in this company. Thankful for being apart of an amazing team!The management team always helps when i have any question or concerns. The hardest part of my job just the simple fact that i may have not known about a certain domain or question.And one of the most enjoyable part of the job is completing all task at hand and stratifying the customer.

Pros

Knowledgeable resources

Cons

None, as far as I seen

November 23, 2021
Thank you! You really belong here at Planet with a great attitude like that. Glad you’re here to help us continue to build a culture of excellent customer service!

Productive and pretty laid back company

The people are very pleasant to work with and ate very helpful in providing training. They are very flexible with the working from home due to COVID. There benefits are wonderful.

Pros

Will acknowledge employees contribution

Cons

Due to COVID had interrupted some of the events that usual take place during the year

September 20, 2021
Thank you so much for this. We’re thrilled you’re here and that you help make Planet the best it can be!

It's a great company to work for.

Very family oriented. Great company good benefits and leave time along with 2 extra days to use as you would like. Work from home is another great perk.

Pros

Early release prior to long weekend

September 2, 2021
Thanks for your review. Planet’s goal is to have employees be as happy on their last day as they are on their first day. We love feedback, so keep it coming!

Opportunities to grow, rise up, and hone your skills

Planet offers all the opportunities for you to grow, rise up, and hone your skills, especially if you are proactive, positive, and aligned with where the company is going. There are many talented individuals who are open to sharing their knowledge and Planet can be very collaborative if you're surrounded by the right team players.There is much work to do here, which can be a blessing and a curse. Sometimes teams are inundated and have to juggle more than they can really handle, but management proactively works to bring on additional resources to help lighten the load (most of the time). If you are willing to sit tight in times of discomfort, then you are able to see the return.Planet is diverse in its verticals and focused on longevity which promotes good job security. We are movers and shakers here and it's exciting to see the innovations that come into play, with the backing to take calculated risks and support if we need to pivot.If you're looking for your next career move, I definitely recommend considering Planet. It was a positive decision for me, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Pros

Job Security, Innovative, Flexibility

Cons

Bottlenecks, Office Politics

September 2, 2021
Thank you! You really belong here at Planet with a great attitude like that. Glad you’re here to help us define the culture and help us grow!

They don't giving enough time to learn the job.

Unhappy with their trust in the ability of the employee. Did not give enough time to learn the job. Less than 2 months and decided to let go and have reposted the job to hire someone else. Such a waste of time and energy and my commitment towards the team and company. Most companies have given a 90 day to 6 months learning curve in my experience before making a decision or advising if things will not work out. There was only one 30 day discussion and laid off prior to reaching 60 days. Now they are looking to hire someone else, and start all over again. It's simple work, but a lot of work and to make a decision less than two months that someone is not going to improve, to me absolutely a bad decision. Personally I was loving the job even though it was stressful. I looked forward to Mondays. I really wish I would have been given a minimum of 3 months and I would have proved my worth. But Unfortunately, we will never know now. I am extremely saddened by their decision.

Pros

Salary was good.

Cons

Not enough time to prove my worth. Less than 2 months.

August 23, 2021
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your candor and we regret that you didn’t have a positive experience.

Great work environment

One of the best companies I've worked for. Very family oriented. Leadership is open to new ideas. There is lots of opportunity for growth and promotion since the company is growing so rapidly.

Pros

Great staff and leadership

Cons

Work overload

August 11, 2021
Thank you for leaving this great review! You really belong here at Planet with a great attitude like that. We appreciate your feedback as we strive for continual improvement. We're glad you’re here to help us define the culture.

Growth in Any Market

I'm not one of those people who lives and dies for the company: I work to live, I don't live to work. But I'm legit impressed with how leadership keeps us growing while so many other places in the biz are contracting or letting themselves be bought. I think we're doing solid work.

Pros

Salary, mentorship, remote work

Cons

Benefits and 401(k) matching could be better

August 9, 2021
Thanks so much for the great review and the insight. We are always trying to improve and make Planet the best place to work, so your thoughts on benefits will be passed along to leadership. We're glad you are a part of the Planet team!

Great place to work. Strong leadership that wants everyone to succeed.

Lots of growth opportunities and areas to improve the company. My leadership is supportive and collaborative. Like any company, there multiple levels of approvals which can stall initiatives.

July 15, 2021
Thanks for that insightful feedback — and thank you so much for being here to share it and help Planet be the best it can be. You make a difference!

Communication

The company strives in fostering a receptive work culture where communication is accessible. Information flows easily because of group involvement and availability of staff and management.

Pros

easy to get information. receptive management

Cons

Outdated Operating Procedures.

July 7, 2021
We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with others. You are an important part of our success and our culture and we're so glad you're here.

Management only cares about pushing numbers

Management is never available when you need help. They are always in meetings and only care about month end numbers. They say they will help in any way but are never there when you need them.

Pros

Pay is good. Benefits are good.

Cons

Constant pressure to reach numbers and keep pipeline updated for managers to review

July 7, 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to give us an honest opinion, and we take your feedback very seriously. We have passed this along to senior management as we want our employees’ experience with us to be a great one.

Great company to work for. They have really good benefits and they truly care for their staff. The pay is pretty decent as well. I definitely enjoy working for Planet Home Lending.

June 25, 2021
Thank you so much for this great review. We’re thrilled you’re here and that you help make Planet the best it can be! Every employee makes a difference and your efforts are very appreciated.

Great Company Overall

There are lots and sometimes too many different resources/guides for information, making it difficult to find when needed. Learning is constant, which is great, but the systems should be upgraded to newer and more capable versions. My direct supervisor is phenomenal, but the one before her is rude, unresponsive and has "cliques" she favors (she is still with the company, in a different department). The workload is enough to keep you busy but still have a work-life balance. The benefits, pay and bonuses are all great as well. I love being a part of the Planet Team, but there seems to be a high turnover, which I have not yet determined is due to quitting or being fired/laid off, and is an on-going concern of mine.

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Culture, Learning!

Cons

High Turnover rate, Too many resources in different places

June 3, 2021
Thank you for that insightful feedback! We're so glad you're here to share it. We've sent your feedback to leadership so Planet can continue to improve.

Able to work remotely

Over the past year it has been great to be able to work remotely. I feel I am more productive. It is easy to contact management when needed. I always get a timely response. Management is very approachable and my coworkers are great as well.

Pros

Weekly meetings to update all on changes.

June 3, 2021
That’s what we like to hear! So glad that the culture and community here at Planet are approachable and supporting you and your important job. Thanks for being a member of the Planet family!

Good work environment but the bonus structure could be better

Good work environment but the bonus structure & pay rate could be better.Management is goodEasy to request time offHave lot of things to learnEveryone ( well most of ) is very supportive & work as a team

June 1, 2021
We love that you’re here, and even more that you care enough to help us keep growing and becoming better. Thank you!

So glad I landed at Planet!

I love the culture and attitude of my team and colleagues! Despite growing very fast, leadership is committed to investing in tools to help their employees and build a strong, cohesive culture.

Pros

Strong leadership, excellent atmosphere and work/life balance, career investment and advancement opportunities

May 28, 2021
We’re so glad to see you’re not only settling in but thriving here at Planet — you make all the difference in the world. Thank you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planet Home Lending. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

4.5
InHerSight Score
4.3Personal Development
4.9Career Opportunities
4.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Planet Home Lending with

• Planet Home Lending
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?