Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas Employee Reviews

Great place to work at!
Helpdesk Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2019
Depending on the department you were in, you were either in a laid back environment or in a fast-paced stressful environment. Overall the company was fun to work at. Everyone treated each other practically like family.
Stressful
HCA (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Planned Parenthood is all for good cause but not enough appreciation is given to employees. High turn around rate due to salary pay and the volume of partients needing to be seen in a short amount of time.
Pros
Coworkers, flexibility
Cons
Short staffed, underpaid, unappreciated
Volunteered during college
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 29, 2018
I was a volunteer at planned parenthood of greater texas for a brief stint in college. The people who worked there were so friendly and devoted to their purpose and it made for a very fulfilling experience
If you’re looking to be overworked and underplayed then you should work here
Assistant Health center manager (Former Employee) –  Waco TxAugust 11, 2018
Working for this company will wear you down mentally and physically. You are forced to learn every job duty at PPGT but barely compensated for the work of one job. PPGT is all about the number of patients that are seen rather than the quality of care we were to give. We were given a time of no more than 20 min per new patient and that includes taking vitals, complete histories, going over education for whatever the reason they are there for, and doing any labs that were needed. As far as going over education with the patient, we were not properly trained on everything but just had I learn as we went which cheats the patients out of getting proper information. All of these duties are a lot on one person but the faster you could get through patients the better employee that made you. On top of learning all the medical assistant stuff you also had to learn all the front desk duties which includes checking in/checking out, running insurance, answering phones, sending faxes. Our time was watched to make sure we were not spending too much time on patients from the time they check in to the time they check out. At the Waco clinic there is a family planning clinic and abortion clinic. The abortion clinic is only opened every other week for 3 days so those days are extremely busy. The employees who work that side of the clinic are forced to run without breaks or lunches until all the patients were done for the day. To say we never got a lunch would be lying but it was very rare that it did happen. If we took a lunch it would make us stay later than we would if we did not take any breaks.  more... And like I said those days are very busy so most days you are running from 8am-7pm on average. But as long as we see as many patients as possible that’s all that matters, no matter how run down and worn out the enployees are. This place will bring down your morale in the worst way.  less
Okay job
HEALTH CENTER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 21, 2018
Great Mission but lack of recognition! Too much work and no appreciation, they demand but hardly ever give back! Flexibility is the main reason why people stay working there..
Pros
Patients and coworkers, flexibility
Cons
Pay & no app
Not a Good Environment
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Overworked, under paid and under appreciated. A good mission. The managers play favorites. Not a good work life balance because of the work load. Turn over is very high.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No room for advancement
Lovely working environment
RN (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 19, 2017
Job can be fast-paced at times, but that's how I prefer it.
Have the greatest manager who is understanding and kind.
We have worked on changing to the culture which has really improved in the last year to be more supportive and effective.
Pros
Time off, scheduling team members
Cons
pay for other staff members
Unloyal company
Health Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Poor work place our jobs are not stable and we don't get answers. Being forced to travel to other locations just to receive my 40 hours. This place does not actually care about employees at all.
Very Political
Health Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 4, 2017
When it comes to making decisions in a clinic a manager has no say. The clinician is the one that makes the decisions. She chooses the patients she wants to see. She complains about the case load of patients. Clinics don't have enough staff for the case load they typically see.
Great work environment, very supportive of patients
Health Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Planned Parenthood is a great company to work for. They are very supportive of all decisions their patients make concerning their healthcare, and they put the patients first.
Fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Awesome place to work, no room for growth. There are several programs to help with healthcare for all. Always a learning experience. But with out a bachelors degree you are stuck in your current position.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No room for growth
patient controled
call center advocate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2016
feeling like you have took care of patients health needs ,A typical day at work was getting 175-200 calls daily.I loved my co workers
Pros
helping others with patient care
Cons
no breaks except lunch
Love it Great
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2016
staff is great, hours and benefits awesome! planned parenthood is the place to go if you want warm and friendly welcoming from the staff for your health services
Good work enviroment
Heatlh Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2016
Good place to work and learn. Employees are passionate about mission, and provide quality care. Long hours not as competitive wages.
Pros
great mission
Cons
employees are not recognized all the time
overworked underpayed
hca (Former Employee) –  austinOctober 18, 2015
They work their clinical staff in to the ground and compensation is terrible. Turnover is high. Employees are not appreciated. It's about how many patients can be put through in 8 hours.
Pros
helping underserved
Cons
very disorganized, massive turnover, no raises
Fast paced, friendly family planning facility
Health Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 22, 2014
I learned that Planned Parenthood is not all about abortions, and that everyone is entitled to their own opinions on their health. The company also counseled patient's on contraceptive and reproductive information as well.
Unorganized Billing Dept with no sense of direction
Sr. AR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2014
The department was very unorganized, processes were not in place, no clear direction from management. Administration has very limited knowledge of AR or the Revenue Cycle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas Reviews by Location