Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Good environment to work at
Bilingual Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 19, 2018
I love working at Planned Parenthood, good people to work with, most get along with everyone, management is great. I would like to go back, but I will also want to spent more time with my kids, so that is why am looking for another job.
Nice place to work
Patient Contact Center Agent (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 17, 2018
Management has changed since I worked there. The CEO when I worked there was great. I have no idea about the current CEO.

I enjoyed talking to the patients. You could tell when they needed more than just an appointment and I was always willing to talk to them when they needed it.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 15, 2018
meeting and interacting with different cultures and ages. Working along side the Practitioners was very enjoyable and they like you to be hands on, and are always willing to teach you new skills.
Productive collaborative work environment
Health center assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70115August 14, 2018
I had a great sense of pride while working for PP Gulf coast in the New Orleans office. Such a great team of caring and supportive people. You couldn't ask for better co-workers.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Productive job.opportunity
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 13, 2018
Job is great, great benefits, room for growth, flexibility, awesome training opportunities, great co workers, acknowledge for employee achievements, volunteer opportunity.
It has good and bad
ACA & Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 13, 2018
great place, hectic, hard work; emotionally, mentally, physically. Corporate management doesn't care about staff, only numbers of patients. Great place to grow in the healthcare field. Not a good place to start a career.
Nothing is across the board.
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2018
Expectations are unrealistic but what ever works to get there is expected. Some Management is not the best in clinics. Everyone not treated equally...
Pros
Purpose
Cons
Not a place to work if you have children.
Great office
Medical Assistant/ Front Office Lead/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAAugust 9, 2018
Had an excellent team at Easton facility, great boss always provided up to date information. Administration lack information skills and communication, billing needs to communicate with front office more.
Pros
Wonderful team
Cons
lack of communication
Planned Parenthood
HCA (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
Planned Parenthood is an excellent company to work for I love my work and being able to educate and help people and meeting new people of all diversities.
Love providing for the community
Reproductive Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 6, 2018
I genuinely enjoy working for planned parenthood. I received very thorough training and still continue to receive education a few times a year. My manager and coworkers are a pleasure to work with. I sometimes travel to other clinics and everyone I have worked with has shown a positive hard working attitude. i love providing services and educating people in the community. Our patients are grateful for our help and that makes me want to come in to work everyday. planned parenthood offers wonderful health insurance, retirement plans and quarterly bonuses. Honestly, with things happening in the white house the future of this company is a little frightening but we stand strong and hopeful of a good outcome. the only set back of working for this company is sometimes an overwhelming busy schedule causing patients to wait a long time for their appointments. our services are in high demand.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Coworkers, Training
Cons
Busy Schedules, Government Stuff
Management has favoritism
Planned Parenthood-Medical Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 2, 2018
Make sure you are good with the managers and supervisors because when you have an opinion on how to make things work better they shut you down and worst they replace an open mind. The body of this place works well together but the head and main office are bullies.
Pros
Health Benefits, Growth, Knowledge
Cons
Being bullied by management and supervisors
The ultimate dead-end job.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 2, 2018
The only good part about being here is the benefits. That's it. You have no work/life balance (you will never ever leave on time and will often be stuck there 2-3 hours after closing), the pay is garbage, your safety is constantly at risk both on and off the clock, you get absolutely no respect whatsoever, you'll never get a proper break at all, and management doesn't have a clue what it's doing. Also, the upper level people are so insular that you have no prayer of advancement at all.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks, no advancement, poor pay, no work/life balance, incompetent management
Work/Life Balance Conflect
Health Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 28, 2018
Need to improve their policies to better meet the needs for employees in direct patient care areas and better support work/life balance for management teams.
Pros
Staff and clinicians at my center worked as a team
Cons
No work/ life balance, 37.5 work week w/extended amount of responsibilities
fun place to work
HIV Educator (Former Employee) –  MARKHAM STREETJuly 27, 2018
Outreach coordinator. Work in the community, teaching about prevention of HIV/ Aids. Did HIV Testing and refers to appropriate agency. keep static. gave presentation of disease. the hardest part was telling some that they were infected. the most enjoyable part was making a difference in someone life.
Pros
working in the community
Cons
none applied
Productive Workplace
HCA Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 24, 2018
Very fast paced work environment. Great place to learn about all areas in medical such as Prenatal Care, Pregnancy tests, Termination, Birth Control Counseling, Annual Exams, Colposcopy. Management was ok but could've been better.
Give a lot, get a little
Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 22, 2018
Worked for PP for way too long. Never able to take time off. Always short staffed. Hard to recruit staff who are willing to give 110% and be treated sub-par. Never felt hard work was appreciated. Leadership is oblivious to the work conditions 'on the ground'
Benefits
Cons
Never have time to use benefits
Nice people
Support Associate II (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 20, 2018
Typical day would be opening the center, checking schedule, calling to confirm next day appointments, checking patients in and out, collecting co-payments and payments, scheduling patients, answering the phones and assisting patients with insurance options.
Hardest part of the job is the traveling required. The people are a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Paid time off, and inclimate weather closings
Cons
Travel is required
Highly Stressful
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 18, 2018
My job could of been made a lot more manageable had corporate not set unrealistic goals for myself and the organization. Those who worked in the head office of Raleigh NC did not bother to even introduce theirselves when the company came to the local Roanoke VA office. Planned Parenthood is instant that they are part of the community. However amongst themselves it is more miss communication and miss information than necessary making those who's jobs stand on the front line extremely difficult.
Fast paced and fun
Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 18, 2018
If you are looking for great co-workers and a fast paced workplace you should apply. You need to learn skills pretty quickly and be willing to work late when needed.
Highly rewarding
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed having a purpose at work and having the community value the work that we did. The employers were supportive and willing to help. I enjoyed working here!