Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Found 1,128 reviews matching the search See all 1,141 reviews
Intern
Volunteer / Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2018
I was an intern at Planned Parenthood during my time as a student at the University of Minnesota. I did not receive any compensation. I loved interning there and felt supported and encouraged on a daily basis to learn more and expand my skill set.
Good for experience
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Central, CAOctober 16, 2018
Management on upper levels were in disarray and effected lower level and patient care efficiency. The new CEO brought in employees and the companies moral dropped. Lack of communication and structure on all clinical and management levels. The culture was negative and they tend to allow their best employees suffer amongst others with lack of work ethic and professionalism.
Benefits
Cons
Negative Culture, Lack of management, and lack of employee appreciation.
Hire a competent and present Human Resources Department. Four assistants in the last year "fired"is a red flag.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 15, 2018
The current Human Resources Department for the Greater Ohio area- Akron location consists of "two" full-time associates who generally work from home. They have attempted to hire a third body for the H/R department but have fired 4 people from the position in the last year and then wonder why no one internally will apply. Re-Structure your H/R Dept. or wait for a law-suit. It is nothing but a liability.
Pros
Office people are great.
Cons
Time off is 4 weeks a year that you will never be able to use due to turnover, Way too much turn-over, Poverty wages
I love Planned Parenthood
Actively working as a Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 8, 2018
I love being there to break the barriers of abortion services in health care and the community! Being able to support women and men on their sexual reproductive rights!
Pros
There's lots to learn
Cons
Daily protestors
Good foot in the door.
Health Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAOctober 7, 2018
Company is okay. The training is not extensive but they do help you with injections and blood draws. The work flow was very fast paced. The environment was very stressful and hard to keep up. They like to claim that you are important but all the company cares about is how many more patients they can see with as little staff they can do. my manager had no experiance as a manager and would constantly belittle you given the chance. When you report to HR they dont care and would much rather have you fired than to deal with the problem. Used to believe in the Mission but know this proves to me that all they care about is money and not the patient or ita staff.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of staff work and management
Counsel and assist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 6, 2018
I thank them for all the experience and opportunity to grown and learn so much important and positive things about the gyn field. all the providers I worked with are so amazing and love to help you learn something new everyday and you see the genuine dedication the providers and health care associates give to the patients That come in every day.
All About People
N/A (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 1, 2018
No complaints at all. Such a great organization to work for. Really feel connected to the mission and so do my coworkers. Could not be happier and hope to spend the rest of my career here.
I wouldn't recommend it.
IT Administrator/ Helpdesk Operator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 1, 2018
This is by far the strangest job I have ever had. As a contractor I was given essentially limed access to the whole of the network, but no direction what so ever. I was expected to be at my desk and available to answer requests from 8 AM to 5 PM but then given no direction or assistance if I encountered Proprietary software or issues with in house procedure. When I asked if there was training available to bring me up to speed I was told "it was weird" and "there isn't any point because your a temp". so I got paid almost 19 dollars an hour to sit at my desk and unlock accounts in active directory. The pay was decent at least for the amount of work.
Productive and mission driven
Patient Care Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 30, 2018
As a Certified Medical Assistant, PPGNHI gave me the opportunity to utilize my skills in various ways. As a CMA, I was able to advocate for patients and educate them on reproductive health services and STDs, but also provided care. My responsibility varies from phlebotomy, injections, assisting in procedures, also helping patients insurance and billing issues. As a Patient Care Team Lead, I optimized patient flow and services, also providing great opportunities for growth in leadership abilities.
Great company
Assistant Manager, Revenue Cycle Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2018
Admin and clinic staff all work great as a team, working with Planned Parenthood was the best decision of my life they showed me and train me in every position I had with thr Company.
Good First Nursing Job
Lead Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 28, 2018
Good First Nursing Job, Great Cause.

Diverse patient population, offers free services to employees. Pay could be better, but what can you expect with a non profit
PPRSR offered the flexiability needed in my life with child rearing.
Reimbursement Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 25, 2018
Lack of advancement at PPRSR. There was limited to no training offered to staff members other than nurses. Valued for work performance however lack of encouragement for advancement. Mundane!
Fun easy work environment
Connection youth worker (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 22, 2018
This is a job that helps grow and build an individual. This company helps society and the communities around it . Helps the youth and schools with education
Pros
Easy no physical labor
Cons
Very thought based work
Nice liberal environment to work
Lead Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southeastern, PASeptember 20, 2018
Great place to work, welcoming culture mostly everyone gets along. Very accepting of everyone. MAny different departments, even if you don't know someone personally, seeing them in passing and getting a smile is the norm.
Productive,fun.supportive,engaging
Adult Role Model (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Worked providing training on the developmental stages of children and providing parents and caregivers with outstanding information that they may not have previously had.
Pros
Free yearly retreats, free dinner during monthly meetings
Cons
Not enough hours
I really loved working for PPH
Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at PPH. It was a very interesting and unique job. The management ok at site I was at, not concerned about me. Otherwise, I loved it.
Pros
It was part time, enjoyed the patient interaction.
Cons
Travel time to Marietta when lived in Newnan was not desirable, but now live in Peachtree City, closer commute.
Loved it there
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 14, 2018
I absolutely loved working for Planned Parenthood, I wish I could have stayed there longer, but due to organizational changes my position was eliminated.

If you are passionate about reproductive health, LGBTQ heath, and sexual education this is the place to be.
Pros
good sense of community with co-workers
Cons
health centers rarely close early or close at all in bad weather
I enjoyed working at the Lafayette Planned Parenthood clinic.
Health Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 11, 2018
The best part of being a Health Center Assistant (HCA) at Planned Parenthood was that I was able to expand my patient care skills to include direct patient care. I conducted patient interviews, gave injections, and collected vitals and specimens when needed. I also assisted patients and medical providers in determining which tests were needed. Additionally, I helped patients select appropriate birth control methods.
Due to a small clinic staff, it was frequently difficult fitting in appropriate lunch breaks or getting days off.
Otherwise, I enjoyed having co-workers that shared the same passion to provide the best patient care possible.
Pros
health care benefits, learned many new skills involving patient care
Cons
shorted or no breaks on some busy days
well organize
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 9, 2018
well organize company they are there for the patients needs
no matter what race or sexuality you are the doors are always open
the staff is very friendly and they understand your personal needs
Great organization
Patient Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 7, 2018
I absolutely love Planned Parenthood and everything they do. Working for patient services is a very busy department, so there is never a dull moment. I do wish the management had better communication skills with the patient services associates; it was a common issue that they talked down to us and spoke in a demeaning manor, like talking to a child.
Pros
great organization, helping people
Cons
management