Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Found 1,160 reviews matching the search See all 1,174 reviews
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 7, 2018
I love working at Planned Parenthood!! It's a great place to work. I have the privilege to work with great individuals and patients. If you want to work here I would say you would need a calm demeanor or have a passion for women's right for family planning services or abortion services.
Cons
can be stressful at times
Toxic Place to Work
Manager of Board & Executive Affairs (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2018
There is a general lack of guidance from management. Strategy is not clearly outlined and each department operates in its own silo. Compensation is decent for a non-profit, but not worth it. There is no work life balance here and a toxic organizational culture with a general lack of respect for one another. Truly sad and disappointing for an organization that claims to promote women's rights and support women's empowerment.
Great place to intern, just wish all of the interns were paid.
Public Affairs Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 2, 2018
Quite a few of the internship positions are in fact paid, unfortunately, it is a stipend. There are a few unpaid internships which makes balancing life/work/school/etc. really difficult. The work is valuable, skilled labor and it is just hard to realize that it oftentimes won't be compensated fairly if at all. Also the benefits are very unclear unless you ask (reproductive services are nearly free!)
That being said, the most accepting and uplifting workplace I've ever been a part of. It constantly is reflecting on its mission and how to best implement it.
No Good Place For Advancement
Revenue Cycle Auditor (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 1, 2018
This organization does not have good career ladders. Employees are frequently asked to get more education and certified, but the jobs are not available
Fun place and diverse
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 1, 2018
Fun place to work at. I have learned so much about the health field and am glad that I had the opportunity to work here. Management is always kind and wanting the best for everyone. It has challenged me in some of the best ways possible.
Very Interesting
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 1, 2018
Typical day at work was dodging the protesters every morning before work, but once inside very chill and relaxed environment. You definitely had to have tough skin to work in this establishment.

The hardest part of the job was facing the patients and family members of patients.
I don’t recommed
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKNovember 29, 2018
Planned Parenthood as an organization is fantastic. Planned Parenthood in Fairbanks is poorly managed. Employee rude and unstable. I would not recommend this particular location.
Cons
Terrible management, unstable medical assistant
Educational
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 28, 2018
The time I worked there was a eye opening for me. I grew there. My manager was the best, very helpful and understanding. I also believe in the importance and quality of services offered there to women .
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
It was a little dangerous at times
not worth it
EHR biller (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CANovember 28, 2018
if you have a family, the work hours don't allow you to enjoy your evenings with them. The pay is not something you can afford to live on your own with.
n/a
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 27, 2018
Efficient and attentive Health Sciences Student capable of verifying insurance, scheduling appointments, and coordinating documents. Forward-thinking and resourceful with good interpersonal skills, a strong attention to detail, and a positive upbeat mentality. Ready to bring strong medical terminology knowledge to a challenging new role in a fast-paced environment.
Mission focused work
Patient Services (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 27, 2018
Planned Parenthood is always under the microscope and therefore need all staff to be up to speed on regulatory requirements. You really need to be mission focused to stay a long time. There are growth opportunities for those who are willing to do the work.
Bilingual Call Center Rep
Bilingual Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 26, 2018
I am a current employee at Planned Parenthood in the call center. I take calls in both English and Spanish. On a normal day I take calls for the better part of the day, some days are a bit slower depending on the day of the week. Callers usually are looking to make an appointment, inquire about the services we offer, pay a bill, ask about test results, or to confirm insurance information.

I've been learning, and continue to learn, all about health care and reproductive care, insurance,and the kinds of services Planned Parenthood offers at each clinic. I had amazing training that allowed me to feel comfortable on the phones on my own. Of course since PP is a politicized organization, I'm always learning more about the political climate and how the laws and decisions made by our representatives affect our patients directly.

I've been very impressed by management in my department. My supervisor is kind and has a passion for her work. I feel comfortable approaching her with any questions or concerns I have regarding the job, my hours, benefits, etc. I feel more than lucky to have her as a manager, along with a wonderful team of caring coworkers. I can really tell that everyone here has a passion for the organization and the care we help provide to our patients. Around the office there's always something going on; a potluck, a treat day to celebrate a birthday, a book club, and of course many volunteering opportunities at PP events!

The hardest part of the job would be hearing people's stories, sometimes our patients can be in really tough situations. The worst part is
  more... when we can't offer the services they need, or maybe they don't qualify for a discount, and you have to be the one to tell them. It breaks my heart. Overall though, patients that call in tend to be very pleasant people, with only a few rude callers every now and then, much less than you'd expect.

The best part of my job is knowing that I have the knowledge and training to get people the services they need and want. I couldn't ask for a better organization, office team, or patients. I'm very thankful to be where I am!
Pros
Activities, volunteer opportunities, potlucks, having my own desk
Cons
The political nature of organization doesn't always sit well at family gatherings
I volunteered here
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 26, 2018
I didn't work here, I volunteered here. It was a great experience and I had learned a lot by the time I was done with my volunteer work. I would recommend.
Work place waant too strict but some plans they have could change to help employment satisfactory a little more.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 26, 2018
A typical day at the office is enter building, workstation to turn on electronics and ready for day. Call pt to rooms, interview of procedures and ask commited question making sure patient is comfortable and complient with choices made. Take vital in room while assisting patient throughout time in room. Afterwards check financial status for next visit and reschedule next day procedures.
Productive working environment
Float Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 25, 2018
Every morning we have a huddle meetings, discuss about our schedule for the day... I have a great deal of team support.
The hardest part of the job, if patient is not satisfied.., I try my very best to meet there needs.
Inviting Environment
LOBBYIST (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 19, 2018
Staff members were friendly and steadily available to answer any questions or concerns I had. Though I was a volunteer, they made sure to show me the ropes to lobbying and have since inspired me to apply for a full-time position.
Just do your job
Health Educator, Outreach Specialist, HIV Tester (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYNovember 19, 2018
Must be on your toes at all times. Expect to immediately begin working your job. Be a good sales personality since networking is a huge part of your work.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
work culture
Was good mission. All about money now
Assistant manager/ flow facilitator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 19, 2018
Ppink cleared house. Layed off or fired anyone that had anytime in. No raises for years. Hardly ever lunch or break. Never out on time at end of day. Unfair to management and employees. Over worked. Under paid. Worked there for 19.5 years and let go for unknown reason. Managed 17 out of 19 years.
Pros
Retirement plan. Pto accumulation. Patients.
Cons
Too much to comment anymore
Focused care
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 16, 2018
The great part about PP is that everyone that works there is there because they really want to provide the services that PP offers and they believe in the Mission of PP. New hires are unfortunately not well trained before being put out in the clinical area and miss basic components of reproductive health care for quite some time. Overall, everyone is there to do their very best to provide compassionate care.
Pros
Non-judgemental sexual health care environment
Cons
Internal drama, often between non-medically trained management and health care providers. Poorly trained new hires, they end up learning as they go.
Nice coworkers
REPRODUCTIVE HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 16, 2018
High pace, you need to be quick and accurate to deliver patient care. You need to know a lot of protocols andnwhomto contact if you need help. You might to stay over your schedule hours.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
cronyism