Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Highly Stressful
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 18, 2018
My job could of been made a lot more manageable had corporate not set unrealistic goals for myself and the organization. Those who worked in the head office of Raleigh NC did not bother to even introduce theirselves when the company came to the local Roanoke VA office. Planned Parenthood is instant that they are part of the community. However amongst themselves it is more miss communication and miss information than necessary making those who's jobs stand on the front line extremely difficult.
Fast paced and fun
Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 18, 2018
If you are looking for great co-workers and a fast paced workplace you should apply. You need to learn skills pretty quickly and be willing to work late when needed.
Highly rewarding
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed having a purpose at work and having the community value the work that we did. The employers were supportive and willing to help. I enjoyed working here!
Loved working there
Health Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 16, 2018
Overall, I was very glad with my experience at PPINK. The hardest part was dealing with the uncertainty that would come with the legislative cycle (there was always a bill to defund the organization) and the consistent misinterpretation of the mission of the agency. WE offered a wide variety of services from STI testing, pregnancy testing and referrals, to well-woman visits, and treatment of various low level reproductive issues.

I traveled frequently between funded and non-funded sites so my day to day would vary widely on what I could discuss with my patients depending on the clinic type I was in.

There was a disconnect between administration and the actual working practices of the clinics sometimes. For example, we would be told to take any patient for any reason up until the doors closed, but in reality some services take significantly longer than others and we'd get in trouble for going over on budgeted hours.
Pros
Great job with wonderful mission
Cons
Difficulty in maintaining standards from higher administration
Great Mission - Negative Work Environment
Health Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 15, 2018
Toxic work environment
Culture of Fear
No room for professional advancement or mentoring/coaching
Mission is great but it is loosely followed
Typical work day is chaotic and stressful
No work/life balance
Every location is different
CASC (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 12, 2018
Some locations like big centers are fast, demanding, stressful hours change, no allowing room for school or to grow its per manager and per clinic. Choose wisely hourly pay used to be $12.00 sooo low!!
Benefits
Cons
Management, hourly pay
Deeply Flawed Nonprofit with a Good Mission
Generic (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 10, 2018
The people and the mission are the reasons anyone stays. Perks and benefits vary by individual and seem arbitrary. Some of the best co-workers you will ever have. High stress. Low pay. Roughly half the staff is mission-driven. Respect appears capricious: someone standing up for values may be appreciated at some future point while having had to endure years of being narrowly let go. This happens time and time again, across departments and locations. Projects are not taken on with the appropriate consideration for resources, mission, or accurate timelines. Management swings back and forth between accepting criticism and being retaliatory. That said, the mission is compelling and the services provided truly fulfilling.
Good people doing good work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 10, 2018
It's enjoyable to work somewhere that you know is making a difference in the lives of others. Most everyone there is very down-to-earth, but fun. You will be invited to social events regularly. Aside from a few folks it's a pretty great place to work.
great place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 10, 2018
busy at times but time management is a must.
this is most definitely a hands on learning experience, you learn as you go and must be able and willing to learn.
Fulfilling place to work, organization follows their mission
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
It being a non-profit means that compensation was sub-par even though they called it "competitive." It definitely could be higher especially since at a non-profit you have to wear multiple hats.
Pros
Excellent work culture, a worthwhile job to have
Cons
Compensation
Upper management needs a change
Health Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2018
The clinic staff is amazing & very unappreciated. They have cut many staff that have been with the company forever. It would seem upper management could take a pay cut to help keep loyal employees. Patients make it worth coming to work.
Pros
Clients make coming to work worth it
Cons
Upper Management does not appreciate staff
Great Place to work!
Global Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
Work Environment and people were/are wonderful.

Learned a lot for my career and personal life.

Love the culture, advocacy, and mission!

Changed the way I view the world, health care, and social justice <3
Grate opportunity to help your community, but...
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 9, 2018
limited opportunities for advancement. Pay not conmensurate with skills required for this job. You must be willing and able to deal the public opinion, and understand that just by going to work there you may face some saftey issues due to protesters.
Pros
You will aide in providing care for women in great need.
Cons
protesters at your work place. limeted advancement opportunities.
Entry Level
Front Office Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  OregonJuly 7, 2018
Great entry level job. Gives you the ability to enter into the medical field without any overwhelming feelings. Great benefits. Great sense of feeling like you are truly helping the community. You can feel the appreciation from patients.
great job
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for planned parenthood, i volunteered first, completed an externship and then worked full time for two years. I didnt like the sudden change in management and pay decrease.
Gained great experience and networked
Health Care Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
Great place to work. Loved the location. Gained a lot of hands on experience. Hours were different from hours stayed in interview so was unable to commit long term.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
No place to advance
Able to teach young women of the healthcare available
Health Care Assistant Professional (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2018
To be able to help young and matured with their healthcare today and the resources and products to leave a healthier lifestyle. And help detect Cancer early
Great place to work but not much career advancement opportunity
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
I loved working at PPFA but there was not much opportunity for career advancement, which is why I left to pursue a MSc in Global Public Health and Policy
Work environment with a heart
External Relations Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 4, 2018
I have been volunteering with Planned Parenthood for over a year, and plan to continue to do so. The staff is conscientious, caring, helpful, and bright. They are dedicated to helping patients, volunteers such as myself, and one another.
Stressful
HCA (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 3, 2018
Poor management, a lot of favoritism, low pay. No raises. Human Resources barely does a thing when it comes down to talking about issues. Managers only work with you if they like you. Hectic work days. You think they care about the patients but it is all about numbers. They wonder why they always have patient’s complaining of times if they schedule you patients every 10 minutes. Depending on your clinic you may get along with co-workers. I love working with patients but they have taken all the fun out in that. You have to rush intakes.
Pros
Pto, health benefits
Cons
30 minute lunch, poor management, favoritism