Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Found 1,184 reviews matching the search See all 1,198 reviews
Social Justice Giant with a Rotten Heart
Educator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 15, 2019
The dedication of this organization to providing important services to under-served populations is unparalleled. The ideology of the internal culture is beautiful, focused on justice, equity, and empowerment. The unfortunate reality is that leadership within the organization is white, upper class, and tone deaf to their own failings in the arena of the social justice and the equity they espouse. Paying less than the competitors for exceptional delivery of services by employees dedicated enough to the cause to ignore the managements stumbles, blunders, and cover ups, PP management has littered their path with the burnt out husks of individuals crumbling under the day to day chaos of an organization that touts their non-profit, for the people status, but in the end are just another medical industry business. Business with a cause, but business nonetheless. A hypocritically operated business.
Pros
Doing the good work
Cons
Treating their employees like children who should be grateful for what they receive.
best job I’ve had
HEALTH CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAFebruary 12, 2019
Very nice place to work, I have a lot of opportunities to expand my knowledge and further my skills in the medical field, very good benefits and quick learning from the trainers in the position you are hired for
Pros
Team involvement, hour lunches, very good hours, company parties and staff get togethers
Cons
Certain management isn’t very understanding
Horrible Management!!
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  TacomaFebruary 6, 2019
Do not work here if you are used to a professional environment. Management is very unprofessional. They talk bad about employees and upper management openly. Most employees were passionate about their job and helping people but team morale was low due to management. Low pay for job duties. Management talks down to employees. High turnover rate at Tacoma clinic. Contact center positions have been listed over 5 times in 6 months. I assume people quit or get fired because of poor management.
Pros
Vacations days and holidays
Cons
Don’t work here you will be under paid and traveling can be to much if you have a family at home.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 5, 2019
Company will tell you upon The hiring process you would work 830 5 Schedule And then get mad when you can’t stay over everyday because People have families outside of this place. A lot of favoritism between mangerment and stuff but no one speaks up. They say team work but a lot of the staff doesn’t work as a team
Pros
Paid travel time
Cons
No team work long hours and poor mangerment. Annapolis office very dirty
Do not work here
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2019
Lack of respect for NPs
You are expected to see outrageously many people
Too many bosses
Micromanagement
Disorganized

In short, I can't wait to find another job.
Pros
Being employed
Cons
Too many to list
Good.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 1, 2019
I only volunteer here, but it has been a good experience thus far! Everyone is very friendly and passionate about what they do. I would highly recommend getting involved with this organization.
Assist Physician during surgery
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2019
Collect vital and general information for patient chart. Assist doctor during surgery, review medical plan after procedure, ensure that each patient understands their discharge information, schedule follow up appointment after surgical appointment.
Pros
Offering help to people in need
Cons
Standing for long hours
Poor management
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Poor management, favoritism plays a big role in advancement of any kind rather than competencey, an okay place to work if you are just starting out I suppose
Run it is awful!!!
MOC (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 25, 2019
I left the corporate world to go back to something I thought mattered. Little did I know that this was not the place to start. Management doesn't care about employees, very little support for new hires. A mean girl culture. Going to HR only made it worse. Organization and communication non existing. One manager will tell you one thing and talk trash about the other managers with other co workers and talk about other coworkers as well. On the floor but never communicate the problem to the person they are talking about.
No one wants to train you. It's always you will learn that later...but later it's you should know by now.
I was told to keep my mouth shut and head down and in 6 months or so they will lighten up. Are you kidding. That is the policy they can be mean and rude disrespectful I have to take it. Yes if you don't you wont last here. Well I didn't last!!! No one should work in a disrespectful hostile environment!!! And sadly they let it continue.
Pros
A few support the mission
Cons
It is a disaster all around
Fun People to Work With
Reproductive Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 24, 2019
I enjoy my time there. People are amazing and great team work. Too bad I was not choosen to stay longer. Higher managers sometimes were a little harsh on how are we supposed to run the clinic.
Great people and environment to work in
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJanuary 23, 2019
Great company and people to work with. Relaxed environment. Management listens and works with you. Amazing work/life experience. Would recommend to work here.
Productive and satisfying work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2019
Good work-place atmosphere, great co-workers, and staff appreciation events/parties. Rewarding and satisfying work with the clients. Good benefits and a culture of work-life balance.
Pros
Benefits, staff appreciation/parties, great co-workers
Cons
job security
Internship
Policy Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2019
.I performed community outreach through phone banking and promoting dialogue with influential community members. I planned a future outreach campaign.
Busy but fun cal center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2019
Very busy, serious and attention to detailed environment .take anywhere fro 90 to 100 calls per day. learned how to schedule appointments and triage patients
Pros
1 Hour lunch. Location
Cons
Trains
Great Staff at Planned Parenthood!
Case Management Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Planned Parenthood is a great place to work. On a daily basis one can help a large part of the community with their health care needs. Case Management RN's help numerous people by phone on a daily basis. CMRN's have a connection between the clinic staff and the patients by phone and trouble shoot patient needs. Call Center Agents are very friendly and go above and beyond to assist patients in having there health care needs met. NP's are great in there practice and are up-to-date in there knowledge of the community needs.
Pros
Accepting Health Care Workers
Save you sanity
RN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 13, 2019
If you want to keep your sanity, DO NOT WORK HERE. The culture and management are absolutely terrible. Your schedule will change on a daily basis and YOU are responsible for making sure that you are scheduled for the correct number of hours and whatever weekend you are assigned to. I thought that's what staffing is supposed to do. The management is TERRIBLE!! They don't care about you or your opinion at all. If you're an RN, don't even apply here. It's a waste of your time and hard earned nursing skills. The mission of the company is great, but the company itself is really lacking compassion for their employees. If you have an issue and you aren't getting an answer from your manager, don't even bother trying to include HR, because then your manager will step in and tell you not to talk to HR. You will not train at the location you are hired to work at or the hours you signed up to work and they neglect to tell you that.
Pros
Working with good people who really care about the mission
Cons
poor management, low pay, lack of caring attitude. You will get written up for things out of your control.
Very busy work place, I love helping my patient's
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJanuary 3, 2019
We open at 8AM when I open I login to get ready to start checking in my patient's, we see about 60 to 70 patient's daily. I learned to be independent with helping patients on my own without supervisor.The hardest part about my job is trying to except new hour changes. I love my patients i love what we do and what we stand for.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
30 minutes lunch breaks
Favorite job ever
Bilingual Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 3, 2019
I really enjoyed working for this company. I was able to help others and really enjoyed working with other women! The only thing I didn't like was the commute.
This job was the best learning experience I've had in my experience as a Medical
RHA3/Reproductive Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 2, 2019
During my time at Planned Parenthood I was able to experience paid travel. I was never bored at this job I was always learning new things. My best experience was assisting with vasectomy. The most fascinating thing I learned was RH typing.
Pros
Great learning opportunity
Cons
The leader of my location wasn't fair and wasn't structured for the success of the team
worthwhile mission
Development and Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2018
The mission of this organization made a typical day at the office a rewarding one. The top leader of the organization was always supportive and a great listener. He was with the company for more than 30 years. The person who succeeded him was not as open to hear suggestions from her staff.