Planned Parenthood Management reviews

Found 407 reviews matching the search See all 1,242 reviews
Never again
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 18, 2019
I got discriminated against by my own kind, they hired me only to fire me three days later. Started on a Monday and got fired the same week I was at work on time,
Pros
Free shirt
Cons
Discrimination at its finest
Keep looking elsewhere
I did everything (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 6, 2019
The job ad may look good but don't fall for it. Late nights, long wait times. High turnover. Some staff not properly trained. Upper management is a joke.
Pros
Cons
short break
There is potential
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 29, 2019
The pay is decent depending on your circumstances. The management could use a little help. Schedule is not really flexible but it is an 8-5 type of setting. This job is definitely not for the weak.
Retaliation by management...
Inventory Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2019
Unprofessional The Bronx location. Management very verbally abusive. Unfair treatment towards people who took disability when they return. Management has favorites among the staff.
Pros
The other 4 boroughs have better communication amongst managemamt & ataff.
Cons
Management in the Bronx has a problem with accountabilty. Have favorites among the staff as well.
Stressful job not enough support
Healthcare Associate (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTApril 21, 2019
For the daily involvement you had pay could if been better. You could face hostile outside forces and yet got paid nothing for it. Management wanted everyone to play nice yet didn't deal with older employees that targeted younger less experience employees
PPINK progression
HCA (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2019
Management is poor, unprofessional as a leaders. NP are disrespectful, unpleasant, and rude. Treat patients and employees with laughter and humiliation. NP 's treat employees and others like bile and its swept under the rug.
Professionals in the clinic need interpersonal skills,
anger management skills and redirection.
However, others and the clinic are lovely to work with helpful and unrecognized. All else fails there were fun days and shun days very sad for the reality of planned parenthood.
Pros
Patients
Poor Management only focused on meeting Quotas
Patient Access Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 17, 2019
Planned Parenthood does not care about patients or employees they only care about meeting quotas. Can you make an appointment and do it with an average talk time of 4 minutes. Management gossiped openly about patients and other employees, made for a very unprofessional environment.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Poor Management
Chill place to work. Very team oriented. Management could be better
Healthcare Associate I (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioApril 16, 2019
It was a chill and easy job. You learn a lot of transferable skills. Very team oriented. Management could be more organized but overall a good starter job.
Pros
Benefits.m, skills gained
management sucks
hss (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAApril 15, 2019
had work for 14 yrs with this organization and thrue the years planned parent hood had change so much now they focus on patients getting seen within 10 minutes, no breaks schedule, they make you work alot and the work that you do is for 2-3 people they make you cover the front and help the back and make you confirm appointments in between patients. New management is always saying that employee's are entitled to do mistakes but when the yearly review comes all little mistakes are in your review so they won't give you a raise. planned parent hood does not appreciate staff the pay that you get is not enough with the work you do. Staff is really gossip and they make providers see patient with procedures in 10 minutes for IUD insert, Implant insert, paper smears and abortion has to be done in 30 minutes. This is one of the reason providers are not staying any longer with this organization anymore. Planned Parent hood is NOT THE SAME!!! look some were else!
Pros
benefits insurance
Cons
management sucks!!!!
It’s alright
Respond Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAApril 13, 2019
It’s actually not a bad place to work and the pay is decent they’re very generous with their benefits and vacation hours!! They’re extremely strict on how you answer phone calls ! Management is really never around and they’re always messing around with your schedule so if you’re looking into going back to school I probably wouldn’t recommend it every two months they’re switching your schedule ! They’re extremely Busy and you’re literally having one call after another patients are extremely rude and feel extremely entitled !
Pros
Vacation
Cons
No consistent schedule
Health Center Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 10, 2019
Great place to work. Management is very accommodating and kind. Compensation is below average but that is to be expected with a non profit organization.
Don’t work here, it’s not worth it.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 5, 2019
I liked working here when I first started, the hire anybody just to fill a spot and then you end up working with lazy people and they ask way too much of their employees and will burn you out and not care. The amount of overtime I worked here was good pay wise, bad for my family. They care about patients, but not about employees.
You will learn ALOT but will be over worked
Health Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 4, 2019
I started working here a little bit over a year ago and was really excited to get the job because ive been a patient at PPMM since i was in high school. Training is very very long. They have off site training a couple of weels and then you go back to your health center and are assigned a mentor which will be responsible for teaching you the intake process of all our services and visits. Then you have to get check marked on venipuncture, hiv, and injections with a nurse. It takes about 6 months to be fully trained and be on the floor. Once youre trained they over work you and make you do 2-3 ppl job yourself! Management will still demand to see a high volume of patients ever 10 minutes even if the clinic is under staffed. They want 1 person to do multiple job duties and not increase pay. Pay sucks $16.50 to start imagine that. Everyone wants to quit and are constantly looking for other job. Its sad they really need to appreciate their employees more or they will loose them all. You will def learn a lot and its a good stepping stone but not where you ultimately wanna end up.
Pros
Benefits! Fto & sick time off paid for
Cons
Patients every 10 min scheduled
Okay
Canvassed and staffed phone bank to advocate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2019
It was an okay experience as an intern. I got to work as an activist and campaign for different candidates. I got to see how to influence policy through politics.
Clinician
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 27, 2019
The actual work I was doing at Planned Parenthood was very rewarding. Unfortunately management made the environment toxic at times which was very challenging.
stressful place to work at
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAMarch 19, 2019
I worked here for 5 months and in those 5 months i went through depression, anxiety and stress. The work environment is too quiet and sad for the type of appointments and situations that you are dealing with on call to call basis. Management is not understanding and your "mentors" talk bad about you when they are suppose to be the ones to help. Their benefits are good but other then that i would never recommend to work at this call center ever.
benefits
Cons
management
If you’re trying to get your foot in the door and work in healthcare, please find another job
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 17, 2019
If you want to work in health care, please find another job. There are so many other options for you to work at clinics and hospitals. I wish I knew this before I applied at Planned Parenthood. This is essentially an abortion clinic, which although I didn’t mind, when I was interviewed I was under the assumption that I would be learning about the many different types of reproductive care and how to administer that care to patients, not just about how to give abortions. Work at my clinic was broken down like this: 4 days out of the week were abortion days, with 1-2(depending on if we were open on saturdays) were regular reproductive care days.

The management at my facility is terrible. I was never trained on how to do my job tasks (I was hired to be a health care specialist but basically was pushed to be a secretary) but was blamed constantly for things going wrong in the clinic. My coworkers were catty and combatative, and there was obviously as system of hierarchy in my clinic (if you were liked the manager and supervisor would let you actually work with patients/educate them on health issues...if you weren’t you were stuck to working at the front desk or handling cash)

The work environment is incredibly stressful. I was constantly cussed out by women who had to get abortions and took their frustrations out on me (because I worked at the front desk). There are a lot of angry protestors everyday who will run up to you and try to force you to listen to them (one of my coworkers was approached by a protestors and almost fought them).

I was told that I would be trained
  more... for the position I originally interviewed for numerous times, but never received it. The management doesn’t care, they just want to work you to the bone because they are understaffed. Many days I would come in at 7:30 am and wouldn’t leave until 6 pm.

Please avoid working here. The cause that this company supports and it’s work it great, but there are way better options.
Pros
Sometimes the doctors would buy lunch, you’ll definitely get overtime
Cons
Management, environment
Just wrong.
CA (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 16, 2019
Cult-like environment. If they do not like you, they will take every measure to start a paper trail on you, from day 1. You are constantly being scrutinized via cameras and coworkers. They will literally take something small and turn it into a security breach. The outfit I worked for was aversive racist. They want you to think, walk, and talk like them. Cult. If you do not, they will make your working environment beyond discomfort.

If you share these qualities, work for them. If not, run for your life. Get out!
Pros
Cons
Too many to count.
Accounting Internship
Accounting Internship (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 7, 2019
The management was very helpful to assist me when I did not understand something right away. I learned a lot of information while I was there for three months. Great place to work at!
Over worked
Health Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAFebruary 19, 2019
There are no co-workers to ask for help because practically everyone left due to being over worked. It is a great place for a beginner to gain experience. Patients can get very irritated for waiting 2+ hours and yell/cause a scene but the lack of employees and having one physician with a schedule of patient appointments every 10 minutes is impossible to keep up. Management states that patients come first but as soon as a patient comes with various problems they say to just see them for what they came for and get them out. If you state any problems/ concerns they just gossip about you or tell you to quit. The physicians are amazing at what they do but they too are overwhelmed with charting and running back and forth. As an HSS you are expected to do everything from blood draws, ordering certain labs and packaging these labs and verifying that its all there before its taken out, cleaning rooms, washing and autoclaving instruments and much much more. It wouldn't be too hard but again when there is no staff it becomes impossible to have everything done so fast. Management is terrible about having inventory done that we often ran out of things. It was great helping patients who didn't know what they would have done due to the lack of insurance. Overall its very stressful and not worth the pay
Pros
Helping people out when other places couldn't see them
Cons
no ten minute breaks, Late lunch everyday, favoritism