Planned Parenthood
64Average

Planned Parenthood Management reviews

United States1,476 reviews
Good place to work at, but pay is minimal. Every clinic is different, but they all run in the same way. I love working for a company that cares so much about the patients, but I wish they cared more about the employees to give them raises/praise more often.
Poor mgmt. Straight/ heterosexual is the minority and we're treated as such. Large titles with no experience...nepotism, it depends on who you know. The angrier you are the better.
They only care about the customers not so much for the employees; management need to do better and be inclusive with every department. If you do not mind doing the same thing for years then you will enjoy the place. Majority of the people here care about the mission. If you are looking for a work-life balance workplace this is not a place for you. However, it is a good place to start if you do not have job experience (i.e start out of school). The benefit sucks, they can do better. It is a non-profit, so pay-rate is very low, they have low retention rate, they are driven by money and numbers. Also, I have seen them fire someone for a simple mistake (watch out for your coworkers some of them are fake). HR is Ok but some of them are not competent, they need to do better job. I am currently looking for another position so i can leave this place.
The benefits they offer is great but the training for any position is horrable and the complains about situation with coworkers or management is not good at all
Miserable company to work for expect bullying and extra work with no compensation and if the managers don't like you they will lie to get you written up so they have reason to fire you.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Great place to work helping and educating teens most important part of the job
New Management no fear on most occasions
Great benefits
Helping people
During my time at Planned Parenthood I improved exponentially on my public speaking and organizational skills. I was also able to express my creativity through the creation of workshops, posters, and informative skits. I was able to work with individuals who brought many skills to the table in terms of creativity. Both management and my co-workers worked hard to make the environment confortable

N

Confortable

environmecocomfortable.
Loved the diversity and management.. I learned a lot ..understaffed at times... the nurse practitioners were very nice and knowledgeable... other staff very friendly
The management does not follow through with their promises. They offer platitudes when presented with a problem. Management plays favorites and does not follow through with discipline
Customer service front desk is very unprofessional! Staff talks about patients and their reason for visit. Staff needs to be trained on professionalism
I love working at the agency I do find management to be off putting at times but it’s been manageable so! I love the flexible work schedule and the ability to work form home
Human Resources doesn’t care about the workers here. It’s a tough job and employs aren’t valued. Terrible way of treating their workers. Worked there for 11 years because of the patients
Hard work but rewarding. Trustworthy management, inclusive and caring coworkers. Little to no budget to work with, relies on the passion of its staff for the mission over their paycheck
Co workers are very judgemental , they won't tell a staff that been there for years that their feet stink but they make the new person feel uncomfortable, they don't even have a record of me working with them, aren't they suppose to keep proof for 7 years, they have some illegal practices going on.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Staff are disrespectful, they single out people
This place is a trashy place bad vibe and nasty attitude from big bosses to the employees. HR doesn’t do anything about it they all together to treat employees like slave.
I would say they pay good but co workers are very rude! they are unhappy not willing to train a newby, just very rude miserable co workers, full of politics. Manager has a favoritism and love to gossip.
If you like to be bullied and not valued for your skills, this is a great place to work. If you desire autonomy and desire to critically think, look pass them. NPs are undervalued and disrespected, which is even worse for NPS of color. Most unorganized company where you feel like you are the first hire in this longstanding company.
Pros
Meet about 3 welcoming employees out of 100s.
Cons
Fake, phony, not trustworthy, no indepence or voice allowed, hostile environment
Constantly changing rules and procedures without a procedure manual. Nit-picky management who have more arrogance than maturity and wisdom who pick favorites and point fingers. Callers nasty and indifferent about destroying their babies, actual pleasure taking with office politics that demean, denigrate and besmirch good workers.
Job is really awful due to management and unfair policies. When I say unfair I mean there is no equality, what is okay for some is not okay for others. People are judgmental with awful attitudes.
Inclusive, mission-driven environment with helpful and dedicated staff to fulfill community needs. Consistent, honest, and quality care is tantamount to what we do, and it shows constantly in the workplace.
It does not matter how great of an employee you are, if you do not "make friends" with managers, expect no growth. Favorites are picked and a blind eye is turned.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planned Parenthood. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

85%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

69%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.