Planned Parenthood
Happiness rating is 63 out of 100

Planned Parenthood Management reviews

coworkers are great, the job is pretty interesting, job is underpaid, long stressful days are a normal thing. you are expected to see the same amount of patients even if you are 2 or 4 staff members short. Management gets high raises but front line get cents.
Pros
overtime, matched 401k up to 3%
Cons
underpaid, stressful job
Overall learned a lot while working here but there was no support from management. We we’re overworked and severely understaffed at almost all times.
I believe management really tries to treat everyone fairly. The pay and benefits aren't great, but the flexibility that most managers support is really priceless.
Pros
The mission, and a work environment that supports employees during times of political turmoil.
Cons
The pay isn't great
Employees are overworked, short staffed , never really get a full hour lunch . Underpaid ! Horrible place ! DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE WORKING HERE!!!!
Pros
Cons
Close to home
The most disappointing workplace of my long 40 year professional career, they lure you in with their attractive mission and and swag and then treat you like last week's garbage. They place no value on their most important and productive licenced healthcare providers while empowering the uneducated and untrained staff to run the show. Run fast and far if you are a medical professional and they offer employment. Don't believe a word they say. They will promise the moon and deliver a kick in the back.
Pros
Provides much needed essential reproductive healthcare to those most in need
Cons
Terrible horrible management and non-existent leadership
This place is a joke to many chiefs and not enough Indians. If you don't like what a person says then you won't fit in. They show favoritism , managers don't do their jobs right. I wouldn't ever want to be a patient because they talk about them while they're still in the clinic. No professionalism. And no medical experience required.... yea I don't think so .
Planned Parenthood Manhattan location is great for patients but horrible for employees/staff. HORRIBLE ! Mangers,Supervisors and the HR department SUCK !!! People only continue to work there b/c of the pay.
Pros
Shopping area
Cons
Supervisors and HR
Management could be better. A lot of micromanaging in the office. During my internship I knew I wouldn’t work full time for the company. I did enjoy the impact we made on the community though. We held events for support of women’s health. I loved that.
Pros
Free food and events
Cons
Micro management
Management is supportive as long as you are able to work well. The work is not difficult once you learn it. Most days I left feeling proud of the work I did. I have kept many of the friends I made while working here. However, overscheduling tends to lead to unhappy clients, there is not a lot of opportunity for growth here, and the turnover rate is high. very fast paced work environment with little room for error.
Pros
supportive staff, good company culture, inclusive work environment
Cons
overworked, stay late past your scheduled hours.
Excellent care of their clients. Excellent teen program and education program. However pay is extremely low, disorganized management, reverse discrimination, very gossipy atmosphere, too much workload placed on many, wasteful with money spending, better collaboration between depts is needed. They are still in the learning phases of diversity and inclusion and take things in this regard to extremes and have a very high minded attitude there about it. I had always wanted to work there but after my experience there these past 2 years I would never work there again.
The organization itself is great and I advocate for its entire mission. However, workplace is often times cliquey. There is minimal room for growth as the organization “grooms” certain individuals for higher positions. The work is repetitive and the days feel long, but great coworkers make up for this aspect. Management is as good as can be.
Pros
Good management, nice coworkers, great organization values
Cons
Repetitive work, no room for growth, cliquey workplace culture
Lack of communication the place makes you feel like you don’t know what you are talking about the workers are nice but the management sucks at communicating
Pros
Good workers
Cons
All the people are very nice and very professional. The call center is a bit hectic because obviously they need to deal with the public. Some of the clinics are spread to far apart for us to support but we had the remote tools to do it.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Some management is uptight
I'm enjoying this job. I have flexibility and the management listens to you. The work culture is good, and the job challenges me. I would recommend anyone to work for this company.
Pros
Flexibility, management
The providers are friendly and generous, and some colleagues are team-oriented which could make work fun and rewarding.The on the job training is a great idea although you would have to be self-motivated to improve and take initiative.Unfortunately, management is very disorganized which impacts the work culture and ethics, and this results in a high turnover rate. Management also has no medical experience/background and has no sense of urgency nor care to ensure priorities are met when it comes to clinical needs. Suggestions and discussions are either not followed through or just disregarded.Employees are expected to meet management's high demands without being given the proper resources, clear directions, opportunity, and appreciation/acknowledgement/incentives. It is very unfortunate that good employees soon become exhausted and burnt out because of these.
Some days are very busy, I learned a lot from PPM, management is pretty decent and very easy to communicate with. Workplace culture involves std and abortion care and etc. I love the weekly staff meeting.
Pros
Holiday gifts, own work space, split breaks
Cons
Call center gets blamed for a lot
Shifts go late at times due to unpredictable patient schedules.Management is hit or miss, depends on the clinic Love the staff but you won’t be rich!
Pros
Mission based, inclusive employer
Cons
Salary, lack of advancement, work life balance
I loved my job and the important work I was doing. Sadly as a woman myself, I felt like the women in leadership were power hungry. Ethnic and gender diversity was lacking throughout and especially in managerial positions.
Pros
37.5 hour work week, social justice, location, community engagement
Cons
Power hungry women at executive level, little to no diversity in management
This job is not worth the stress that you endure on a daily basis. Company culutre is terrible. Coworkers are unprofessional and do not care about their patients. You dont feel supported in your work enviorment and managment does not do anyhting to address the issues that occur in the clinic. The enviorment is really high pace, your learning a lot on the job and the clincians are nice. overall I would not recommend this job due to the lack of managment and work enviorment
Pros
learning on the job
Cons
bad management, toxic work enviorment
Planned parenthood has many growth opportunities to offer. The staff at the health centers all do amazing work and dedicated to their roles. Great benefits, 7.5 work hours, 403 B Retirement plan. Upper management has been able to be very supportive during covid times.
Pros
Great benefits, medical coverage, and flexible hours
Cons
No work life balance, communication needs to improve internally between departments
I worked at PPGC for a year and half! I enjoyed and loved my experience with my patients. Management in Baton Rouge is HORRIBLE since new management took over in March. If they hired someone who actually knows how to manage and direct it would be a 5 star job! Pay and Benefits were great! I had awesome coworkers and team leads. But when you have people in management that only care about the money and not their employees it sucks! And it doesn’t make since to report your manager to the director cause the director is just as bad as the manager and believes in retaliation. I have never had a job where they told me if i had a problem with my manager to work wit out with the manager instead of “tattling” to their superior. B/c of that I was let go!
Pros
Pay benefits amazing opportunities BEST COworkers ever
Cons
Horrible management