Planned Parenthood Management reviews

Found 415 reviews matching the search See all 1,266 reviews
Don’t work here, it’s not worth it.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 5, 2019
I liked working here when I first started, the hire anybody just to fill a spot and then you end up working with lazy people and they ask way too much of their employees and will burn you out and not care. The amount of overtime I worked here was good pay wise, bad for my family. They care about patients, but not about employees.
You will learn ALOT but will be over worked
Health Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 4, 2019
I started working here a little bit over a year ago and was really excited to get the job because ive been a patient at PPMM since i was in high school. Training is very very long. They have off site training a couple of weels and then you go back to your health center and are assigned a mentor which will be responsible for teaching you the intake process of all our services and visits. Then you have to get check marked on venipuncture, hiv, and injections with a nurse. It takes about 6 months to be fully trained and be on the floor. Once youre trained they over work you and make you do 2-3 ppl job yourself! Management will still demand to see a high volume of patients ever 10 minutes even if the clinic is under staffed. They want 1 person to do multiple job duties and not increase pay. Pay sucks $16.50 to start imagine that. Everyone wants to quit and are constantly looking for other job. Its sad they really need to appreciate their employees more or they will loose them all. You will def learn a lot and its a good stepping stone but not where you ultimately wanna end up.
Pros
Benefits! Fto & sick time off paid for
Cons
Patients every 10 min scheduled
Okay
Canvassed and staffed phone bank to advocate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2019
It was an okay experience as an intern. I got to work as an activist and campaign for different candidates. I got to see how to influence policy through politics.
Clinician
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 27, 2019
The actual work I was doing at Planned Parenthood was very rewarding. Unfortunately management made the environment toxic at times which was very challenging.
stressful place to work at
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAMarch 19, 2019
I worked here for 5 months and in those 5 months i went through depression, anxiety and stress. The work environment is too quiet and sad for the type of appointments and situations that you are dealing with on call to call basis. Management is not understanding and your "mentors" talk bad about you when they are suppose to be the ones to help. Their benefits are good but other then that i would never recommend to work at this call center ever.
benefits
Cons
management
If you’re trying to get your foot in the door and work in healthcare, please find another job
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 17, 2019
If you want to work in health care, please find another job. There are so many other options for you to work at clinics and hospitals. I wish I knew this before I applied at Planned Parenthood. This is essentially an abortion clinic, which although I didn’t mind, when I was interviewed I was under the assumption that I would be learning about the many different types of reproductive care and how to administer that care to patients, not just about how to give abortions. Work at my clinic was broken down like this: 4 days out of the week were abortion days, with 1-2(depending on if we were open on saturdays) were regular reproductive care days.

The management at my facility is terrible. I was never trained on how to do my job tasks (I was hired to be a health care specialist but basically was pushed to be a secretary) but was blamed constantly for things going wrong in the clinic. My coworkers were catty and combatative, and there was obviously as system of hierarchy in my clinic (if you were liked the manager and supervisor would let you actually work with patients/educate them on health issues...if you weren’t you were stuck to working at the front desk or handling cash)

The work environment is incredibly stressful. I was constantly cussed out by women who had to get abortions and took their frustrations out on me (because I worked at the front desk). There are a lot of angry protestors everyday who will run up to you and try to force you to listen to them (one of my coworkers was approached by a protestors and almost fought them).

I was told that I would be trained
  more... for the position I originally interviewed for numerous times, but never received it. The management doesn’t care, they just want to work you to the bone because they are understaffed. Many days I would come in at 7:30 am and wouldn’t leave until 6 pm.

Please avoid working here. The cause that this company supports and it’s work it great, but there are way better options.
Pros
Sometimes the doctors would buy lunch, you’ll definitely get overtime
Cons
Management, environment
Just wrong.
CA (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 16, 2019
Cult-like environment. If they do not like you, they will take every measure to start a paper trail on you, from day 1. You are constantly being scrutinized via cameras and coworkers. They will literally take something small and turn it into a security breach. The outfit I worked for was aversive racist. They want you to think, walk, and talk like them. Cult. If you do not, they will make your working environment beyond discomfort.

If you share these qualities, work for them. If not, run for your life. Get out!
Pros
Cons
Too many to count.
Accounting Internship
Accounting Internship (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 7, 2019
The management was very helpful to assist me when I did not understand something right away. I learned a lot of information while I was there for three months. Great place to work at!
Over worked
Health Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAFebruary 19, 2019
There are no co-workers to ask for help because practically everyone left due to being over worked. It is a great place for a beginner to gain experience. Patients can get very irritated for waiting 2+ hours and yell/cause a scene but the lack of employees and having one physician with a schedule of patient appointments every 10 minutes is impossible to keep up. Management states that patients come first but as soon as a patient comes with various problems they say to just see them for what they came for and get them out. If you state any problems/ concerns they just gossip about you or tell you to quit. The physicians are amazing at what they do but they too are overwhelmed with charting and running back and forth. As an HSS you are expected to do everything from blood draws, ordering certain labs and packaging these labs and verifying that its all there before its taken out, cleaning rooms, washing and autoclaving instruments and much much more. It wouldn't be too hard but again when there is no staff it becomes impossible to have everything done so fast. Management is terrible about having inventory done that we often ran out of things. It was great helping patients who didn't know what they would have done due to the lack of insurance. Overall its very stressful and not worth the pay
Pros
Helping people out when other places couldn't see them
Cons
no ten minute breaks, Late lunch everyday, favoritism
Social Justice Giant with a Rotten Heart
Educator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 15, 2019
The dedication of this organization to providing important services to under-served populations is unparalleled. The ideology of the internal culture is beautiful, focused on justice, equity, and empowerment. The unfortunate reality is that leadership within the organization is white, upper class, and tone deaf to their own failings in the arena of the social justice and the equity they espouse. Paying less than the competitors for exceptional delivery of services by employees dedicated enough to the cause to ignore the managements stumbles, blunders, and cover ups, PP management has littered their path with the burnt out husks of individuals crumbling under the day to day chaos of an organization that touts their non-profit, for the people status, but in the end are just another medical industry business. Business with a cause, but business nonetheless. A hypocritically operated business.
Pros
Doing the good work
Cons
Treating their employees like children who should be grateful for what they receive.
best job I’ve had
HEALTH CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAFebruary 12, 2019
Very nice place to work, I have a lot of opportunities to expand my knowledge and further my skills in the medical field, very good benefits and quick learning from the trainers in the position you are hired for
Pros
Team involvement, hour lunches, very good hours, company parties and staff get togethers
Cons
Certain management isn’t very understanding
Horrible Management!!
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  TacomaFebruary 6, 2019
Do not work here if you are used to a professional environment. Management is very unprofessional. They talk bad about employees and upper management openly. Most employees were passionate about their job and helping people but team morale was low due to management. Low pay for job duties. Management talks down to employees. High turnover rate at Tacoma clinic. Contact center positions have been listed over 5 times in 6 months. I assume people quit or get fired because of poor management.
Pros
Vacations days and holidays
Cons
Don’t work here you will be under paid and traveling can be to much if you have a family at home.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 5, 2019
Company will tell you upon The hiring process you would work 830 5 Schedule And then get mad when you can’t stay over everyday because People have families outside of this place. A lot of favoritism between mangerment and stuff but no one speaks up. They say team work but a lot of the staff doesn’t work as a team
Pros
Paid travel time
Cons
No team work long hours and poor mangerment. Annapolis office very dirty
Do not work here
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2019
Lack of respect for NPs
You are expected to see outrageously many people
Too many bosses
Micromanagement
Disorganized

In short, I can't wait to find another job.
Pros
Being employed
Cons
Too many to list
Poor management
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Poor management, favoritism plays a big role in advancement of any kind rather than competencey, an okay place to work if you are just starting out I suppose
Run it is awful!!!
MOC (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 25, 2019
I left the corporate world to go back to something I thought mattered. Little did I know that this was not the place to start. Management doesn't care about employees, very little support for new hires. A mean girl culture. Going to HR only made it worse. Organization and communication non existing. One manager will tell you one thing and talk trash about the other managers with other co workers and talk about other coworkers as well. On the floor but never communicate the problem to the person they are talking about.
No one wants to train you. It's always you will learn that later...but later it's you should know by now.
I was told to keep my mouth shut and head down and in 6 months or so they will lighten up. Are you kidding. That is the policy they can be mean and rude disrespectful I have to take it. Yes if you don't you wont last here. Well I didn't last!!! No one should work in a disrespectful hostile environment!!! And sadly they let it continue.
Pros
A few support the mission
Cons
It is a disaster all around
Fun People to Work With
Reproductive Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 24, 2019
I enjoy my time there. People are amazing and great team work. Too bad I was not choosen to stay longer. Higher managers sometimes were a little harsh on how are we supposed to run the clinic.
Great people and environment to work in
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJanuary 23, 2019
Great company and people to work with. Relaxed environment. Management listens and works with you. Amazing work/life experience. Would recommend to work here.
Great Staff at Planned Parenthood!
Case Management Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Planned Parenthood is a great place to work. On a daily basis one can help a large part of the community with their health care needs. Case Management RN's help numerous people by phone on a daily basis. CMRN's have a connection between the clinic staff and the patients by phone and trouble shoot patient needs. Call Center Agents are very friendly and go above and beyond to assist patients in having there health care needs met. NP's are great in there practice and are up-to-date in there knowledge of the community needs.
Pros
Accepting Health Care Workers
Save you sanity
RN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 13, 2019
If you want to keep your sanity, DO NOT WORK HERE. The culture and management are absolutely terrible. Your schedule will change on a daily basis and YOU are responsible for making sure that you are scheduled for the correct number of hours and whatever weekend you are assigned to. I thought that's what staffing is supposed to do. The management is TERRIBLE!! They don't care about you or your opinion at all. If you're an RN, don't even apply here. It's a waste of your time and hard earned nursing skills. The mission of the company is great, but the company itself is really lacking compassion for their employees. If you have an issue and you aren't getting an answer from your manager, don't even bother trying to include HR, because then your manager will step in and tell you not to talk to HR. You will not train at the location you are hired to work at or the hours you signed up to work and they neglect to tell you that.
Pros
Working with good people who really care about the mission
Cons
poor management, low pay, lack of caring attitude. You will get written up for things out of your control.