Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to start your career in medical
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAJanuary 7, 2018
At Planned Parenthood, you are trained at the front desk and in between. You will learn the ins and outs of the medical field in most of all the positions there. I enjoyed my managers and fellow employees I worked along side. We helped each other when needed. The hardest part of the job is the late days or weekends you had to work.
Pros
free food, with meetings, outings with staff members
Cons
short breaks, evenings, weekends
Rewarding to help others
Director of Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 3, 2018
The patients are treated well and really appreciate the services.

Planned Parenthood is financially stable company that has little debt.
The board is very mission driven.
Fun place to work
Patient Account Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 3, 2018
Hardest part of the job was being told to do things that were illegal and unethical in their business practices. Refuse, and that gets you unemployed!!! Loved working with my co-workers.
Pros
Very good work family balance
Cons
Legal and ethical issues
Not Applicable
Clinical Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 3, 2018
Very Good Day focusing on your Job and what you are set to Do. It is a very good Experience because You learn more of the Unknown because of the Variety of Services that We Provide.
Excellent Company to work for
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 29, 2017
I love working for Planned Parenthood. I have learned so much about health care and the importance of being a team player. Everyday I feel like I contributed in helping others.
Pros
benefits, environment
Cons
pay is on lower end
Fast paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PADecember 27, 2017
Fast paced, at times difficult situations, but never lacking in patients to care for. Flexible hours, multiple caregivers, friendly and compassionate staff.
Pplm
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MADecember 27, 2017
I love working for planned parenthood. Just not enough hours. I would like to work 40/week but instead this company only offers 35/wkly. You arent allowed to do overtime and that is also an issue.
Constant stress and unrealistic expectations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 22, 2017
While I loved the mission at Planned Parenthood, the culture was the very definition of toxic. The Executive team made poor financial choices regularly, and when their planning failed they took no responsibility, just fired people and blamed them for the failed projects or changes. The goal is forever changing, so you never have an idea whether your performance is meeting their standards. Managers are incredibly poor communicators, and stand by the company standard of throwing their employees under the bus if they feel their position is in jeopardy. There were times that the dental and medical premiums weren't paid and the employees were left without coverage with no warning. Even the internet bills weren't paid on time, leaving the entire organization frozen until it was resolved. With all that in mind, the general staff are some of the hardest working, friendliest people I've ever worked with.
Pros
Great coworkers, common goal
Cons
Work life balance, constantly feeling like you're about to get fired, poor executive team
Non supportive environment for employees and racial discrimination
Surgical Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21201December 19, 2017
They do not support staff and write up and fire employees of color. They do not operate with integrity and have caused many employees mental breakdowns. They do not care at all for their employees.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Stressful, NO work/life balance, Discrimination against people of color, Unfair work practices
This was a long time ago
Vice President of Education and Training (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 13, 2017
This was years ago, but the management was horrible. However, I've been out of touch so I think that the new management is much better. I still believe strongly in the work that Planned Parenthood does.

Want to know more about Planned Parenthood?

Ask a question
Medical Dr. Office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 11, 2017
Planned Parenthood was my externship for my medical assistant certification. I performed services from birth control to morning after pill. I loved this job cause I felt i helped women protect themselves.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford Heights, OHDecember 11, 2017
Management is terrible
overall a good job to have management will completely ruin that experience they just makes it hard for any employee to want to continue employment with the company. management also lacks leadership skills and team work abilities. this causes stress and errors when employees have to pick up management slack on top of complete their own jobs duties
Nature of the work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 8, 2017
The people you work with are usually amazing, justice-minded, but still flawed normal people. This is probably one of the rare workplaces where talking about periods and birth control all the time is acceptable. But it is high-stress all the time due to the nature of the organization. Bigots are always on the offensive unfortunately. At the end of the day, it's good work, though it might not be long-term if you cannot handle constant stress.
Have not worked there under new management
Vice President of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 7, 2017
I have no information on the new CEO or the organization as it is today. When I worked there everyone except for the last VP of Clinical Operations everyone was great.
Great cause, great clients, great people to work with
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJDecember 7, 2017
I love everything Planned Parenthood stands for. This is the right place to work if you are passionate about about women's rights and equal access to quality health care.
A Great Eye-Opener.
Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 4, 2017
I interned with planned parenthood for a year. This was one of my best experiences. I was able to educate my peers about controversial topics concerning personal safety.
Streesful
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 4, 2017
Get the exam rooms together for the physician, answer phones schedule appointments, perform venipuncture, give different immunizations, assist with different procedures, management didn't care for their staff best part of the job was helping the patients.
Pros
Helping the patients
Cons
poor management
Wonderful.
PUBLIC AFFAIRS & PHILANTHROPY INTERN (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CADecember 3, 2017
I learned so much from my time interning with PP. It was a great experience to be apart of such a passionate team! My manager allowed me to collaborate ideas with the philanthropy and I learned a lot of organisational skills.
Terrible Place to Work
Health Center Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 2, 2017
Horrible management who doesn't care about their employees. They only care about making money. They also care more about the patients than their employees. Little pay for long work hours, also expected to see way to many patients in the amount of hours that we are open. Expected to heard patients in and out like cattle. Upper management is quick to throw anyone under the bus to save their own skins, and management is cut throat when it comes to doing what is supposedly best for the company even if it really isn't.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Work balance, job security, management, culture, environment, and upper management
Wonderful place to work and great people
Senior Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2017
It should be noted off the bat that I work at the corporate office in New York and I am not a healthcare provider. In fact, my work is behind the scenes in a support role, and people are usually shocked to learn that it's a role Planned Parenthood has. That said, overall I have enjoyed working at Planned Parenthood. I entered the company as a consultant in my field and was brought on full time about 4 months later. During this period there was some changeover and hiring choices for my team that I did not approve of, but my co-workers both on and off my team were instrumental in helping maintain the level of happiness I'd previously felt.

The people who work here are, for the most part, the most passionate people I've ever met. With rare exception, employees are highly dedicated to the cause and are passionate about watching the company succeed. Patient happiness and safety is a number one priority, even among those of us who do not directly interact with them. The company goes out of its way to ensure that employees, too, are safe and taken care of, and does a fine job organizing events to remind employees that we matter.

It probably goes without saying that the most difficult part of the job is the external pressure and ire. Sometimes, when asked what I do, I have to talk circles around my position and employer, depending on whom I'm speaking with. This is the biggest complaint I have - and one that is unlikely to change.