Planned Systems International Employee Reviews

Just another government contractor / subcontractor
Sr. Trainer, Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 2, 2018
Planned Systems International is your average government project contractor / subcontractor. They often administer the labor component for a prime contractor. They are pretty good at what they do. The benefits, while not great, are OK. Their main workforce is centered in the Washington DC area and the benefits reflect that. However, they have people working on gov't. contracts all over the world. It is sometimes tough getting your health insurance accepted in some of the far reaching sites. Pay rates will differ from project to project - even for the same work - based on what was bid. That's the way government contracting works.
Pros
Very efficient onboarding process
Cons
Benefits mainly geared toward workers in the DC area.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 11, 2018
Good place to work if you are in the IT field. Diverse contracts within that domain. Not much outside of that, hard to connect with executive level management when you are remote with client all of the time. Hard to advance in career due to lack of diverse portfolio.
People Oriented Employer
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 7, 2017
Company takes care of it's employees. The culture is centered around people and service. Advancement within the company is encouraged and supported through professional development.
If not in the 'inner circle' you are ignored
Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 16, 2017
Management is biased and only talks to those in the 'inner circle' otherwise it's a hostile work environment. Benefits are great, HR backs management
Pros
benefites
Cons
hostile work environment, favoritism
Loved work at PAX until NMCI came in
Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDSeptember 8, 2017
Loved the work on base and had the opportunity to provide desktop support to numerous buildings. Worked with a great team. NMCI came and cut the salaries of contractors 25%
Pros
Variety of problems - fun troubleshooting
Cons
Nmci
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 12, 2017
PSI is a good place to work for the most part. The company management, on the other hand, is less than stellar. Seat of the pants approaches to initiatives does not inspire confidence in what the long range goals are.
Pros
Good people, flexible hours
Cons
Bad management, lots of communication but little is relevant to the long term company strategy, or how it will affect employees
Planned Systems International
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Detrick, MDApril 20, 2017
PSI is dedicated to their people. They care about the customer as well. They want for the people to have a balanced career --- do your job, but your family comes first. They have good benefits, the managers are caring, and they have a great HR Department. They provide training, and push education to better yourself. The hardest part of the job was not being able to telework. We could only telework , if approved in advance. We were able to telework, if an emergency arose. I don't want to give any bad impressions....this is a great company to work for!!!!
Pros
Paid for lunches, had meetings with all employees
Productive, Innovative Company
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 7, 2017
PSI is an awesome company to work for, provides multitude of opportunities for career progression. Excellent training and development program available to all employees. Great benefits package, all around great company.
Fun and productive place to learn new language
Web Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 26, 2017
They provide many resources for you to become familiar working with new language and are always there for help if you need them.They provide many team building activities to become comfortable with your work group.
Planned Systems outage
Information System Security Officer (ISSO) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 25, 2016
Planned Systems International operates an IT Service support organization. They overload office spaces beyond reason-single offices house 3-4. A conference room was re-purposed as a communal office housing 12-16. Offices are provisioned with glass top desks that should normally be given to high school students. Basically its an IT Sweat shop.

Quite oddly, tenure is not a business consideration. They have a very high rate of turnover. This mostly appears to be contracts not renewed or staff not retained after initial period. Several key staff left of their own will.
Pros
Monthly happy hours
Cons
no privacy, lack of space, inadequate facilities
Great Job
LEP ST Linguist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 21, 2015
Job is great, love doing this job, helps networking, Company is great.
Management and operations is handled at the site by another company so the different company policies conflict lot of times.
Tier 3 Service Desk Analyst
T3 SD Analyst (Former Employee) –  worked remoteJuly 28, 2015
A typical day consisted of working HIPAA related issues in the Tier 3 Remedy ticket system. Problem solving users with their HIPAA Training was an integral part of my job responsibilities. The hardest part of the job was working with customers who were not satisfied with the system and would not cooperate when trying to assist them. The most enjoyable part was working with the HIPAA Admins, who were so appreciative, and customers who were eager to take advice and resolve the issue. My co-workers were fantastic and always willing to assist with any issues encountered.
Pros
working from home
Cons
not being able to get acquainted with co-workers
Long ways to go for the management to fall in these guidelines
Vice-President / Advisory to CEO (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 6, 2015
Reported to CEO

Business Development
Tactical Teaming Relationships with other Prime Vendors
Strategic Marketing and Social Media support
Operational Support
Advisory to CEO
Defense Health Agency Business Development
Pros
Poor Management
Cons
N/a
Great company, great mission statement
Linux Administrator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, mdFebruary 24, 2015
I like working for this company. They value their employees. Their mission statement is inline with my values and worth ethic.
A global leader in providing technology enabled business solutions and services.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 21, 2015
Great job to get things started
Clinical Systems Trainer (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VADecember 24, 2014
The job is not very demanding but you have to learn things on the fly. There is a lot of knowledge to learn and the pace can be very fast, however, if you have good people skills you can get by as long as you et them know you are actively looking for answers.
Planned Systems International
Data Lead (Former Employee) –  ArlingtonAugust 27, 2014
They have a niche area that they are doing great business though not a large company. Their onboarding and care for their employees is second to none.
Pros
Exceptional benefits and employee care
Cons
Too small to have much room for movement.
Pretty great company!
Junior Financial Auditor (Current Employee) –  Camp Springs, MDMay 12, 2014
I enjoy working for this company. A love the overall company atmosphere. Management really cares about the employees and care about our progress at our assigned location.
Team-based work environment
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 13, 2014
Personally I feel that this was by far the best job I ever had before. As far as my co-workers go I felt they were very friendly, hard-working, smart individuals. I never felt like I had to pull anybody else weight, management was pretty straightforward and reasonable with delegating tasks and the tools required to complete them, the location was great in terms of places to eat for lunch. Overall the corporate culture was quite exhilarating. In terms of my actual job of Data Technician I felt it was quite interesting being exposed to Oracle 11g and SQL update scripting as it was much simpler than I first thought yet very powerful. The project itself gave me some insight on some of the administrative tasks a medical clinic/hospital may partake and the possibility of how many administrative tasks could probably be more efficient for both the client and employee in many industries. The thing I enjoyed most about working there was the corporate culture if you will. What I mean is the company would hold events and encourage all employees to participate and most actually did. Some events where charity based and some was company based. In some ways it was starting to feel almost like a second family of sorts. It was then and there I learned that a job was more than just a place to earn a check and that its culture mattered to me more than previously thought.
Pros
Lobby vending machine, local restaurants for lunch, environment/culture
Cons
Other than this one guy that annoyed me, I would say none
Outstanding Company to work for
Clinical Systems Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dyess AFB, TXNovember 26, 2013
A typical day at work consists of assisting users how to use the DOD health medical records systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planned Systems International. Our community is ready to answer.

Planned Systems International Reviews by Location