Plano ISD logo
Plano ISD
Happiness rating is 76 out of 100Above average

Plano ISD Employee Reviews for Substitute Teacher

3.6Pay & Benefits

Plano ISD treats their substitutes well!

I am a substitute teacher at Plano ISD who is trying to get a full time high school teaching position at Plano ISD and I am treated very well. Essentially, you are more or less your own boss as a sub and you can determine your own times/scheduling, but you still got to make sure you arrive on time when you are scheduled to be there and you also got to remain professional (obviously). It's a low stress job and the pay isn't the highest (but the pay is fair), but more than that, Plano ISD staff treat me respectfully and professionally and make the job easy and don't over complicate things. I am very familiar with Plano ISD since I can speak as a former Plano ISD student, I did my student/clinical teaching at Vines High School to receive my Social Studies 7-12 license, and speaking now as both an a former student, a current substitute teacher, and hopefully as a future full time high school teacher for Plano ISD, I can say with certainty that Plano ISD is amongst the cream of the cream of the crop when it comes to a quality school district. Whether it's the overall peaceful & live-and-let-live atmosphere of the work culture, the quality of the students, or the high standard that Plano ISD makes of itself for both the students and the staff, Plano is a great place to learn in and work for.

Ok

Substitute teach at middle schools and high schools. Substitutes choose jobs using online tool. Teachers sometimes leave lesson plans and sometimes do not. Students usually have assignment in Google Classroom. Substitute's main job is to take attendance and manage the classroom.

Pros

Substitute office is well-managed, Flexible schedule, Easy work, Some schools are first rate with awesome students

Cons

Boring, Job is glorified baby sitting, Low pay, Some schools are rough, Discipline problems

I am my own boss since I take over the class.

I enjoy substituting for PISD. Each day can be different which brings different challenges since I substitute for elementary and up to high school level. Yet, I welcome the difference and enjoy helping the students. The hardest part can be when the teacher's instruction is not clear or when the resource is not available. However, that's only a few times and most teachers are prepared and usually leave clear directions for their class. I also enjoy the flexibility to accept the job according to my schedule.

Pros

Flexibility to accept the job if I chose to.

Cons

I don't have any benefit for substituting.

It's a great place to work!

Being a substitute teacher is an interesting and rewarding job! The job offers a lot flexibility. You can pick and choose the assignments that appeal to you using their online portal.

The students are focused.

I am a preferred substitute teacher at Plano ISD. Teachers contact me via text or email to request me. When I arrive at school, I sign in at the front office. The front office gives me the school schedule and the absent teacher's location. When I arrive in my assigned class, I read the notes that the teacher has left for me. The notes include emergency drills and the work for students. I present the notes on a powerpoint for the students to see as they enter the classroom. I leave the teacher notes as to the absent students, behaviour.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Challenged children to do their best and be their best and expect the best for their life.

Challenging and rewarding when you see that you have an impact upon children that you work with each. The greatest reward is to see the children that taught comeback to school and tell you how you impact their lives forever.

Pros

Rewarding

Cons

Not enough time in the day to achieve excellence with your children

Great School District

This district is well rated and has high standards for their students. Working there has been enjoyable, and the staff and students have been a pleasure to be with every day.

Substitute Teacher/Aide/ Paraprofl

I worked in every area possible, from the office to the classroom. Special Ed was a strong area for me. Teaching is a blessing. Hardest part was keeping up with the students. I loved working with the kids, the schools, the principals, the bus drivers...all of them.

Pros

Watching students grow in their education.

Cons

Catching their sicknesses.

Productive place to work

Great job consistency and hard working staff at multiple schools in the district. Great groups of students and administration

Loved working there

I really loved working for Plano ISD. I really enjoyed the flexibility of being able to work when I wanted. I also loved how friendly the staff was and how helpful everyone was that I worked with at various campuses around the district.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Plano ISD?

Excellent opportunity for Substitute Teaching

I enjoyed a variety of school settings and subject areas. Compensation for the area was very good in comparison to other districts. After a few years, I spent most of my time at one particular school, on a daily basis. I enjoyed the staff and working with students in different settings throughout my ten years of service.

Pros

Never a dull moment, allowed for flexability and new experiences

Cons

no benefits

Fun and Educational environment

Fun work place. Very supportive staff and teachers. Fast paced environment. Loved working with the kids, while their teacher took a break.

Pros

hours

Cons

temporary

Substitute Teacher for PE

Fast paced, busy day. The students are well behaved and the staff is very friendly. Teaching Physical Education is such a pleasure, everyday is something new and always fun.

Pros

Friendly Staff

Cons

Not organized

wonderful co-workervery supportiveteaching studentsflexiblegreat staff

Pros

flexible

Cons

not permanet

Sustitute teachingTeaching all gradesCo-workers are hard working and very supportive

Pros

flexible

Cons

not permanet

Plano is a wonderful district but extremely hard to get into.

I would greet the children in the morning. Tell them what to expect for the day. Start the morning meeting. Go through all the daily subjects. Pick one of the send off questions for the class to guess. Dismiss the children. Finally, I would complete after school duties and tidy the classroom before departing for the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plano ISD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Career recommendations for Substitute Teacher

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Plano ISD