PlanOmatic Employee Reviews

Flexible Schedule with a Declining Company Culture
Senior Photographer (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAJuly 29, 2018
Every morning I wake up around 6:30, make sure all my equipment is charged and ready. I head out the door around 7:30 to be at my 9am, which most likely, is little more than an hour away. I have about an hour to do the first appointment and then I am off to the next appointment for 10:30, which is usually about 45 mins away. If I am running late, I will usually make a phone call to my client around this time, explaining I needed a couple more mins to travel to them. Then I am off to my 12 pm appointment. Usually, around this time I will also answer any scheduling questions or write an email to the production or field ops teams if they need anything. Then I head to my 1:30 appointment which tends to be closer to home. My last appointment of the day ends around 3 to 5 pm, unless there is a twilight.
I get home around 5:30 or 6pm and I start to organize and select exposures. I usually go through about 750 photos a day, averaging about 150 photos per apt. After organizing photographs, I add all required information into our submission forum (photo #, floor leve # and any notes to productions (other than the required notes) and then upload to Dropbox. Then I start to work on the floor plans, make sure all the labels and address information is correct and upload to the server.

I have learned quite a bit about time management. I have also learned how to clearly communicate issues from clients to HQ and diffuse on-site complications. I also learned many different lighting techniques, some that worked and others that were not so effective.

Workplace culture was wonderful about
  more... a couple of years ago, there was such a positive and driving force. We use to have an online social media account, where photographers could voice their opinions, field ops could praise work and there was a photographer of the month. That kept things competitively friendly and workers could reach out to one another about various equipment and techniques. Sadly, our company has moved away from this and as a result, I feel a lack of kinship and motivation.

The hardest part about this job is the quantity of work, deadline expectation and compensation.

Other than that, there are many wonderful people have/had work(ed) here, that are inspiring and offered wonderful insight and knowledge.
It is about the people though, my clients are without a doubt the most incredible part of my job. I have seen many people go through many different stages, struggles, successes, weddings, births, and deaths. I feel like my clients are more like family sometimes and I appreciate each and every one, no matter how trying or frustrating a job can be. When I come home from being out for 12 hours, every appointment was hard and far away, but when I get home, I look at my work, upload it and smile... that's the best day.
Pros
Lots of availability control
Cons
Decline in Company Culture and Pay
Field Techs are underpaid
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2018
The paid training was a good way to get your feet wet, but this job is not meant for anyone to stay long term and P-O-M doesn't seem to care about that. The field techs work long hours onsite and then come home to edit their images and floor plans all evening. There is little room to breath. Their mileage policies are a joke and the scheduling was crazy from one end of town to the other with no mileage between jobs. There were several days where I drove over 300 miles with no compensation for miles and some of the jobs paid $39... yes, that's right, $39 for finished photos of a home. The management didn't care and when I quit I got a phone call from the upper management asking what they could do better. Pay adequately. Plain and simple.
Pros
paid training
Cons
just about everything else
Lacking
NA (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 29, 2018
They try to make up for their setbacks with a good culture. Really just take advantage of you and you are very expendable. You are expected to work overtime for free because they cant afford overtime, and are nothing if you dont.
Pros
weekly lunch
Cons
everything else
Fantastic Place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 10, 2016
PlanOmatic is a great company to work for! I worked for the company for two years, started off as a Scheduling Coordinator then quickly transitioned to the Billing Specialist. I worked directly under the CEO, he was easy to talk to and great to work with. PlanO doesn't have a corporatey feel, casual attire is welcomed, and friendly dogs will be found in the office.
11/10 would work here again.
Pros
Office pups, catered Friday lunch, casual attire, benefits, becoming apart of the PlanoFamily
Cons
Some stressful days- but this happens with every job, right? Right.
A Work Hard Play Hard Company that Cares!
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 24, 2016
PlanOmatic sets it's sights high to achieve it's goals. The company if full of amazing and creative individuals who assist in the success of the company and the success of agents in the real estate industry. We are innovative leaders in the industry and we work hard, and always have fun doing it. The most amazing part of working for PlanOmatic is the people you get to interact with, they are like a second family.
Pros
Free lunch on Friday at HQ, Benefits, Group Meetups etc
Everything you want in a small business!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2016
I joined PlanOmatic after working in the corporate world for years, and it has given everything I was looking for changing from big corporation to small business. The company's culture is great - very young and energetic, and management really does care about building a stable, healthy company.
Pros
Very transparent management team, company is growing quickly, and a ton of talented people work at the company
Cons
Clients are often very stressed during busy seasons - which is passed on to us
Has been a fun company to grow with
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 22, 2016
My experience at PlanOmatic has been all about growing with the company. I started as a photographer and was given the opportunity to be promoted to a senior photographer, a trainer of new photographers, representing the company at events and meetings, and now an account management position. PlanOmatic is all about expanding, growing, and improving their offerings and if you're a motivated person at the company, there are a lot of ways you can get involved, try new things, and have input on decisions.

Hard parts of the job include lots of travel and you need to be self-motivated as you don't have a lot of in-person contact with co-workers. Definitely an exciting company to work for, highly recommend.
Pros
Flexible schedule, opportunities to grow and be promoted
Cons
Don't see your co-workers often
The management leaves something to be desired.
Photographer/Field Technician (Former Employee) –  New EnglandDecember 11, 2015
Field techs are treated as expendable, making a fraction of 2% of the company profit, despite being the face of the business and doing the majority of the work. Most of the cost cutting comes at the expense of those that work the hardest. Not much incentive to stay on, as there are no benefits. Management seems keen on finding temporary solutions to problems instead of actually working to better a situation. Will do anything to not compensate properly, and they keep the face of their company as contractors so they don't owe them as much.
Pros
great networking opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PlanOmatic. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight