PlanOmatic Employee Reviews

Great company culture and room to grow
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 16, 2018
PlanOmatic is the perfect example of why I prefer working for a small business over working for corporate. The company culture is so fun and energetic! There are regular company happy hours and extracurricular activities (e.i. ping pong, kickball) plus it's a dog-friendly office. The environment is equal parts laidback as it is fast-paced, avoiding monotonous routine.

Management does a great job of listening to their team's feedback and adjusting accordingly, which is a huge factor in productivity and morale. Leadership is transparent with the company's goals and decisions, encouraging questions and conversations. I am so excited to watch this company continue to grow, and grow alongside.
Pros
401K, dogs, free lunch weekly
Awesome Leadership Team!
Headquarters Team Member (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 13, 2018
PlanOmatic has evolved into a company that is thoughtfully led by a team of driven, talented professionals. The culture is friendly, fun, and inviting, and job performance is *required* to be successful at the organization. The company has really stepped up its game to hire top talent in key roles while allowing the low performers to find success elsewhere. They have big plans in place to drive future growth and improve technology, and it's exciting to be a part of this place!
A collaborative workplace in a great location
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 9, 2018
I feel very fortunate to work for a company where I enjoy both the people I work with and the work that I do. Management is accessible and the environment is very collaborative. Nothing feels overprocessed at PlanOmatic like it tends to at corporate companies. The building is comfortable and is located in a great neighborhood for grabbing lunch or happy hour after work. I highly recommend PlanOmatic as a great place to work!
Pros
Monday lunch, dogs at the office, happy hours, good people!
Cons
Sometimes tricky to find parking
Best Job I ever worked!!
Real Estate Photographer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2018
I’ve been a photographer for 15 years or more and worked for all kinds of people, this company is different because you are more like family. I’ve never been so appreciated to do a job for someone and be happy to do it. The harder you work for them the harder they work for you. When you join this company you’re not just getting a job your joining a team. I love my PlanOfam!!
Pros
Good pay with a good company!
Cons
No benefits offered.
Understanding and flexible
Real Estate Photographer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 8, 2018
This company is so understanding and acceptable. I LOVE working for this company - I didn't know companies like this existed! If you get the chance to work for them- PLEASE DO! They're so amazing and will bend to help you in any way possible. It's such an outstanding company, 10/10 would recommend
Pros
Time off, understanding, good pay
Photographers are treated like valuable assets
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Covington, GANovember 7, 2018
I'm just about 1 year in to working with this company. After month 3, I was waiting for the "We Gotcha, now we're going to abuse you" to kick in. I've been in corportate America for the past 21 years and before that I did 8 years in the military. This contract has been an unrealistically awesome experience. They require two things from their photographers. 1. Produce good photos based on their criteria 2. Good communication with them in regards to time off or any issues you have in the field.
If you make a mistake, they don't demean you or talk down to you. They make sure you know what's needed going forward and they deal with the real estate client themselves.
I've never been docked any pay, paid unexpectedly incorrectly or treated any thing other than a professional. I greatly appreciate this opportunity.

This is a contract job, so there is no health benefits or 401K plans, but the pay is enough for you to purchase our own.
Pros
professional treatment, flexable scheduling, very accommodating leadership team
Cons
no benefits
the salary they pay is insane
Photographer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
They charge the real estate agent with a high amount and take everything.
don't even give 20pecent to the photographer.
treat the photographer as slaves
November 13, 2018

Thank you. This type of feedback is not taken lightly. We are constantly striving to improve in every aspect.

Management is experimenting as they go with no real focus or consitency
Senior Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 4, 2018
Would be a good short-term job but prepare to be treated like an indentured slave. Their poor planning becomes your emergency on a daily basis. There is also a huge bias towards women there.
November 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to improve so others don't feel the way you do.

Flexible Schedule with a Declining Company Culture
Senior Photographer (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAJuly 29, 2018
Every morning I wake up around 6:30, make sure all my equipment is charged and ready. I head out the door around 7:30 to be at my 9am, which most likely, is little more than an hour away. I have about an hour to do the first appointment and then I am off to the next appointment for 10:30, which is usually about 45 mins away. If I am running late, I will usually make a phone call to my client around this time, explaining I needed a couple more mins to travel to them. Then I am off to my 12 pm appointment. Usually, around this time I will also answer any scheduling questions or write an email to the production or field ops teams if they need anything. Then I head to my 1:30 appointment which tends to be closer to home. My last appointment of the day ends around 3 to 5 pm, unless there is a twilight.
I get home around 5:30 or 6pm and I start to organize and select exposures. I usually go through about 750 photos a day, averaging about 150 photos per apt. After organizing photographs, I add all required information into our submission forum (photo #, floor leve # and any notes to productions (other than the required notes) and then upload to Dropbox. Then I start to work on the floor plans, make sure all the labels and address information is correct and upload to the server.

I have learned quite a bit about time management. I have also learned how to clearly communicate issues from clients to HQ and diffuse on-site complications. I also learned many different lighting techniques, some that worked and others that were not so effective.

Workplace culture was wonderful about
  more... a couple of years ago, there was such a positive and driving force. We use to have an online social media account, where photographers could voice their opinions, field ops could praise work and there was a photographer of the month. That kept things competitively friendly and workers could reach out to one another about various equipment and techniques. Sadly, our company has moved away from this and as a result, I feel a lack of kinship and motivation.

The hardest part about this job is the quantity of work, deadline expectation and compensation.

Other than that, there are many wonderful people have/had work(ed) here, that are inspiring and offered wonderful insight and knowledge.
It is about the people though, my clients are without a doubt the most incredible part of my job. I have seen many people go through many different stages, struggles, successes, weddings, births, and deaths. I feel like my clients are more like family sometimes and I appreciate each and every one, no matter how trying or frustrating a job can be. When I come home from being out for 12 hours, every appointment was hard and far away, but when I get home, I look at my work, upload it and smile... that's the best day.
Pros
Lots of availability control
Cons
Decline in Company Culture and Pay
November 13, 2018

We are working hard to maintain a vibrant culture for our contractor base. We have also made many changes to improve communication across the company. We will always try to do it better!

Field Techs are underpaid
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2018
The paid training was a good way to get your feet wet, but this job is not meant for anyone to stay long term and P-O-M doesn't seem to care about that. The field techs work long hours onsite and then come home to edit their images and floor plans all evening. There is little room to breath. Their mileage policies are a joke and the scheduling was crazy from one end of town to the other with no mileage between jobs. There were several days where I drove over 300 miles with no compensation for miles and some of the jobs paid $39... yes, that's right, $39 for finished photos of a home. The management didn't care and when I quit I got a phone call from the upper management asking what they could do better. Pay adequately. Plain and simple.
Pros
paid training
Cons
just about everything else
November 13, 2018

We are looking to make changes to our mileage reimbursement policy. We appreciate your feedback and do not take it lightly.

Lacking
NA (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 29, 2018
They try to make up for their setbacks with a good culture. Really just take advantage of you and you are very expendable. You are expected to work overtime for free because they cant afford overtime, and are nothing if you dont.
Pros
weekly lunch
Cons
everything else
November 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Please bring it to our attention if you were not paid for overtime. That is not our company policy.

Fantastic Place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 10, 2016
PlanOmatic is a great company to work for! I worked for the company for two years, started off as a Scheduling Coordinator then quickly transitioned to the Billing Specialist. I worked directly under the CEO, he was easy to talk to and great to work with. PlanO doesn't have a corporatey feel, casual attire is welcomed, and friendly dogs will be found in the office.
11/10 would work here again.
Pros
Office pups, catered Friday lunch, casual attire, benefits, becoming apart of the PlanoFamily
Cons
Some stressful days- but this happens with every job, right? Right.
Fun environment with a lot of opportunity to learn
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 21, 2016
Great culture; everyone who works there is fun and talented; management really cares about your life and you as an individual; very respectful of your personal needs; benefits are great; never dread going to work because the people are so great; there's opportunity for variety in your day and because everyone works on the same floor (CEO, production assistant, revenue - all in the same room), you can pretty much learn about anything you want to, get your hands in different projects, and management is always open to considering ways to improve - you pretty much get out what you put in. PlanOmatic is a great company filled with real people which makes work feel less like "work" and more like a part of your life.
Pros
free friday lunch, health insurance + IRA, music and dogs in the office
Cons
no parking, can be a bit disorganized as it is a growing company
November 13, 2018

Thank you for the feedback! Parking hasn't gotten any better :(

A Work Hard Play Hard Company that Cares!
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 24, 2016
PlanOmatic sets it's sights high to achieve it's goals. The company if full of amazing and creative individuals who assist in the success of the company and the success of agents in the real estate industry. We are innovative leaders in the industry and we work hard, and always have fun doing it. The most amazing part of working for PlanOmatic is the people you get to interact with, they are like a second family.
Pros
Free lunch on Friday at HQ, Benefits, Group Meetups etc
Everything you want in a small business!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2016
I joined PlanOmatic after working in the corporate world for years, and it has given everything I was looking for changing from big corporation to small business. The company's culture is great - very young and energetic, and management really does care about building a stable, healthy company.
Pros
Very transparent management team, company is growing quickly, and a ton of talented people work at the company
Cons
Clients are often very stressed during busy seasons - which is passed on to us
Has been a fun company to grow with
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 22, 2016
My experience at PlanOmatic has been all about growing with the company. I started as a photographer and was given the opportunity to be promoted to a senior photographer, a trainer of new photographers, representing the company at events and meetings, and now an account management position. PlanOmatic is all about expanding, growing, and improving their offerings and if you're a motivated person at the company, there are a lot of ways you can get involved, try new things, and have input on decisions.

Hard parts of the job include lots of travel and you need to be self-motivated as you don't have a lot of in-person contact with co-workers. Definitely an exciting company to work for, highly recommend.
Pros
Flexible schedule, opportunities to grow and be promoted
Cons
Don't see your co-workers often
The management leaves something to be desired.
Photographer/Field Technician (Former Employee) –  New EnglandDecember 11, 2015
Field techs are treated as expendable, making a fraction of 2% of the company profit, despite being the face of the business and doing the majority of the work. Most of the cost cutting comes at the expense of those that work the hardest. Not much incentive to stay on, as there are no benefits. Management seems keen on finding temporary solutions to problems instead of actually working to better a situation. Will do anything to not compensate properly, and they keep the face of their company as contractors so they don't owe them as much.
Pros
great networking opportunities
November 13, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We are doing our best to make our policies fair and sustainable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PlanOmatic. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight