PlanSource Employee Reviews

Complete Lack of Support
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 3, 2018
All I can say about my short time spent working for PlanSource is that if you have difficulty working remote, stay away. While the Marketing department is absolutely stellar, both in delivering content & providing materials, the regional sales directors cover far too much territory to properly manage their remote teams.
Training was touted as a strength but there was no formal program or ongoing support beyond the 1st couple of weeks after hire.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lousy benefits, lack of training, poor communication
Fun Place to Work
Remote - EDI Carrier Connect Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 15, 2018
Love this company. They are fast pace but still has a family feel. They really care for their employees. It is a great place to work, where you can grow with in the company.
Pros
Care for Employees
Cons
No Cons
Downhill
EDI Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 13, 2018
After changing to a poor health plan, raise was denied.
Cost of living with medical needs are not well balances, causing stress on home life and work life.
Pros
Remote oppertunity
Cons
Benefits/compensation
Fun environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 16, 2018
My day consisted of entering data into different programs, and updating other data as necessary. I was only there for a short time, but enjoyed the time i spent working there.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2017
I learned Benefit Software configuration and support. I enjoyed working with a variety of departmental team members. The work flow was flexible.....
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
health care
telecommute position no support
Premium Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 12, 2017
Poor training, Poor system update roll outs causing frustration and confusion with clients and employees. Management did not know areas of work that were in their departments and assumed that their dictations about work flow made sense without them performing or understanding the task. Acquisition of companies for the client base and income, alienating clients causing loss of revenue. Wasted time with Town Hall meetings to give you the feeling that the VP wanted to present she understood the Google or Yahoo culture yet this company did not have that culture.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
Poor Management
Plansource is a good company.
EDI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 28, 2017
I learned a lot while working for this company. The hardest part about this job was, the lack of training as well as the lack of a positive and motivating environment.
Pros
Down Time
Cons
Lack of balance
Some people are great, management doesn't care
EDI Configuration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2017
Upper management does not care about those under them. They will gladly throw their workers under the bus for their own benefit. Management seems to think they can ask an employee to do the work of three people, and then doesn't understand when clients aren't happy. The company is a mess.
Pros
Downtown parking
Cons
Management is unaware of the day to day of their employees
PlanSource
employee (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2017
A company with a balanced view of work and daily life. Good company to work for if you do not wish to grow or learn, but have steady work for steady pay. Management is inexperienced and unable to lead company much further successfully without guidance. Good work life balance, comfortable offices, good pay, but no possibility for self betterment.
Good Company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2017
PlanSource is a good company to work for. The people provide a fun atmosphere and HR cares about the people. Management allows for a great work/family balance.

Want to know more about PlanSource?

Ask a question
Great company to work for offering a great enviroment
Configuration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Offers great workplace culture and makes sure to show employees that they are appreciated. Just like any other job work life balance is not always 50/50 but that depends on the season or the project.
Pros
Company which cares
Cons
Poor managment decesions
Former EE Worked There Many Years
N/A (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 27, 2016
Very poor work environment. I agree with everyone stating people are overworked. I like to stay busy and keep challenged, but they will work people to death and not care. They are very image focused, but actions don't back up their mission statements.

They hire management that have no idea what they're doing and leave them completely unchecked.

They are extremely dishonest and you will have to watch your back every day. There is not one person there I would trust one bit.

They don't problem solve. Management simply dictates to "make things fit" in situations that isn't possible. This shouldn't be how a payroll company operates.

You aren't rewarded for hard and accurate work. You can be a completely idiot and make mistakes all day, but if you know the right person, that's all that matters.
Pros
Cons
People - Policies - Work Ethics
Change is good
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 28, 2016
As a growing company there is always something new happening here. Change as the company progresses is good. There are new opportunities that open up for advancement all the time. This is a fun place to work - themed activities, group activities, holiday parties, chair massages. They make it easy to come to work. I work with a lot of great people - it is a collaborative environment. I see room for me to grow with the company. Pay is good, benefits are great. My manager respects my opinion and asks for my input. I am given the opportunity to highlight my skills.
Pros
Work-Life balance, family events, team building events, philanthropy opportunities
Untrustworthy, overworked,
Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2016
Some managers try to develop a good positive environment but many are just axx kissers. They fear losing their jobs or being disliked, and will tell upper management anything to make themselves look good while bringing down others. Many managers aren't trained how to treat and lead teams. Employees are overworked constantly pushed to do more and more, and when you speak up your'e automatically marked as someone who can't handled the job. They talk up work life balance, but you're so overworked, you go home to finish what just couldn't be finished in 8 hours. You can easily work over 50 hours a week. To make matters worse, there are all sorts of clicks. Little groups that meet each other for lunch, after work and are the same people that will cover for each other.
There was one manager that really cared and made a difference in how people were being treated until they ran her out too. I hope she knows how much she meant to the payroll team and how much we miss her. She made it worth working at Plansource. She really made a difference for many of us.
Pros
Free lunch, snacks
Cons
Overworked, clicks, backstabbers, lack of real managers
Great work enviroment with fun people
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 12, 2016
I love this job! The people are fantastic and always eager to teach you new things. The schedule is flexible and in the office there are fun activities, such as a ping pong table and Put-Put.
Untrustworthy, Dishonest and Not the culture they tout online.
Multiple jobs (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2016
Having worked with multiple departments here, some groups are more dedicated than others. Their mantra of a fun place to work is a fa├žade and false. They PUSHED everyone to do a good review of the company so they could be viewed as a "great place to work" to up their public view. Very frowned upon to say anything negative during that review. There are severely dishonest and untrustworthy managers here. They say one thing and berate you when you walk away. I've seen it both firsthand and victim.

Example "you're doing a great job/Thank you for your time and efforts.", when they leave "what a Piece of [censored]".

They talk poorly of everyone in other departments and smile when face to face. The ridiculous gossip of departments and people in the break areas are crazy! And the sad part about that is, it's not even quiet. I've walked in on many conversations like that. This is not the way a company should be, nor should be believed that they have the teamwork culture, as their videos and website claim. And finally, to put it altogether, the bread and butter of this company is benefits, and yet, they clearly have issues with that internally. From setup AND management. Irony?

The Cxx/Upper management need to re-examine and dig in past the fake smiles and yes-boy and yes-maam answers they get when they are approached. Not a reflection on them from me, but can be viewed as a reflection of them as a company itself.

I survive there because I know to keep my head down. My honest view is that this is an employment waystation. The money is decent while you scout for a better
  more... job. Good luck!  less
Pros
They like to do lunch!
Cons
Dishonesty, Backstabbing nature amongst teams, Culture is fake.
EDI Configuration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2016
Managers need lack business etiquette and professionalism. Job advancement is not possible because growth was not encouraged.
Fast Paced Learning Environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaMay 31, 2016
Plansource is a fast paced environment with opportunity to grow. Many different career paths for you to choose from. Possiblity of working remotely. Learned alot of new systems and alot about clients.
Productive fun place to work
Benefits Renewal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2016
It's an excellent place to work with opportunities for advancement. I was only working there for a short time for a temp agency but would very glad to work for them on a regular bases.
Pros
great opportunities for advancement
Cons
non noted
Excellent Company
Renewal Specialist (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 8, 2016
awesome company very laid back going online dealing with brokers, a typical day was coming in getting coffee sitting at your desk and doing your work great management
Pros
free lunches good pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PlanSource. Our community is ready to answer.