Plant Interscapes Employee Reviews

Work alone
Horticulture Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2018
Tropical plant care is fun! Plants are relaxing to work with , no bickering or office politics with these guys ! Just add a bit of water, a little grooming and they are happy for a week or two! It's great exercise for sure.
But this company has taken all the fun out of it.
Good Christian company to work for
Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2017
Overall it was a great company to work for but the lack of training made it hard to complete daily accounts in a timely manner. I asked for a shadow to go with me one day to help me prioritize my time better. Finally got help and questions answered 7-10 before they laid me off due to losing a couple large accounts we had waiting on contract renewal.
Pros
Beautiful plants & knowledge
Cons
Short lunches, Route Mgmt times inaccurate
Management is terrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Looking at the older reviews, it used to be an okay place to work. Not anymore. Management is terrible and they micromanage the employees (at least they do in San Antonio). The leaders now are all young and have no real experience (sons of the owner and their friends), and the new leaders they have moved up and/or hired in the last year are even worse.

The technicians are all nice though and working with plants and the clients is good, but the wear and tear on your car is bad and the hours are long.

Management expects too much from everyone but themselves.
Pros
Working with plants
Cons
Everything else
Work hard, lead by example and you will be rewarded
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 11, 2017
Plant Interscapes is a really good company. They are open minded to new solutions and processes and are always trying to make the company a better place to work.
Pros
Your days are never the same. Constant change which is good for me
Cons
Christmas is crazy with their holiday decor season. Also, everyone is not exactly trained. I was trained thoroughly, but not everyone I work with was which makes things a bit difficult at times.
Rewarding for Plant Lovers
Lead Horticulture Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2017
You must love plants to enjoy this job. Pay is alright. Technicians top out at $15/hour. Usually very stress free once you get down your plant care.
A place to work independently and with plants
Horticultural technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Frequently this company gave work that exceeded our time to do it, and the staff turned over so many times I lost count. We had 3 managers in the office while I was there in my 2 years.

I enjoyed the benefits and the ability and opportunity to interact with people and their plants.
Pros
holiday parties, get togethers
Cons
unstructured management, and bad morale
Management is the Issue
Design & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasAugust 31, 2015
Upper management is the problem. Core Values for the company employees different rules for all at top. They love to change compensation mid-stream and do not pay employees when they leave or are terminated
Pros
Product is fun
Cons
All the rest
High expectations, low reward
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2015
The job was not fun and the hours were unnecessary and long. Micromanaging made for a long day with little accomplished. The thought that you should work 50-60 hours for no reason when the tasks to be completed could be done more efficiently.
Pros
The plants are pretty.
Cons
Poorly managed.
coordinated maddnes
Level-III Horticltural Technician (Former Employee) –  houston txOctober 6, 2013
Awesome Houston team members Independent work integrity, and while traveling around the Houston metro area, I fell in love , and appreciate our Cities and communities, and all the people that live here. We are a blessed city.
Pros
Independance
Cons
no growth for employees
Creative, sales driven work environment
Director of Sales and Design (Current Employee) –  Dallas TexasApril 25, 2013
Each day is unique and different, from problem solving to sales prospecting to creative designs, there is never a dull moment. I have learned how to focus my energy and time to make the most of each day. With managing a team of eight sales ladies, I have learned how to really listen to people and understand the root of the issue and how to assist them in resolving it. I work best in an environment where I am not micro managed. I look at my sales style as its own business, I will get as much out of it as I put into it.
It can be a challenge to work with a live product, as it can be unpredictable, and you have to work thru people issues everyday.
Pros
company truck, gas card, work from home
Cons
long hours, weekends, little praise
they were a great company to work for
interior plant tech. (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2012
I very much injoyed working for plant interscapes! yes I learned so much from them. they are feirce when it comes to quality, costomer service and maintance of every account we serviced be it ten minutes or ten hours. A typical day-(we worked four ten hour days a week) so hectic is an understatment! I'll pick wensday my favorite day (they were all good routes) I would be on the road by ten minutes until six a.m. heading for bernie tx. I have six accounts in and around that area, my first being an a-frame house on the way . it is a ten minute account. then aprox. 18 miles down the road a thirty minute account, a little old woman i loved to death,three years same accounts more then just a job! ok next a restraunt one hour ,great people, great mexican food. next the oweners home out side bernie, one hour. two more accounts there a small cable tv company thirty minutes. next bank fourty min. now lunch thirty min. aprox. one o'clock now. leaving bernie heading for the dominion. I have three accounts here the tennis club, thirty min. george straits home, one hour and david robinsons home, one hour. very good people all of them. almost there. I leave the dominion back towards s.a ,a car dealership one hour and last but not least a tellamarketing co. one hour, finally my work day is done! except one more thing Ilive way across town so I still have thirty more miles to go. the end!
Pros
i loved my job
Cons
i drove an old 1976 truck!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plant Interscapes. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about