Plant Partners, Inc Employee Reviews

Producation on flowers
Vender. Putting out fkowers (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCNovember 26, 2018
Hard work. You work in rain. Cold and very very hot weather. If your young and live at home. You could make it. Maybe if you had no bills.Mangers are no good. They email your work. You may see mangers 10 times a year. The harder you work. More bonus the manger gets. And you get nothing. Really for very young people with no bills
Pros
Hot and cold weather
Cons
Money
Fun and interesting work
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Newport, TNNovember 17, 2018
A great seasonal job especially if you like working with plants. You get to work with different varieties of plants. You will be pleased working with them they are flexible with hours.
Great environment and co-workers
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC area storesNovember 6, 2018
This position is for someone who loves being physically active and spending time outdoors, even during the hot, humid South Carolina summers.
The main job duties were to move and unload the plant carts and merchandise the plants to make eye catching displays. It was easy to learn by following the rules we were given. I learned so much about flowers and it was very interesting.
We also had the responsibility of educating the store employees on proper watering techniques, and helping customers by answering their questions and making purchase suggestions for them.

Assisting customers and removing the old blooms from the flowers to make them look better were my favorite parts of the job.
Pros
working outdoors, no nights
Relaxed Fast Paced
Merchandiser (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 28, 2018
Best job I've ever had. I join plant partners every summer season. A super peaceful, fun, easy going job. Good breaks. Nice people. Best part is the sweet elderly that come in and tell you all about their gardens, and when is the best time to put your own items out. Something about being surrounded by flowers makes for a super happy person.
fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHSeptember 4, 2018
i learned alot about flowers working for this company which is an added bonus for me since i love flowers. it was a fun and productive workplace and at times very hard work.
Pros
flowers
Cons
watching plants die
Merchandising Plants
Plant Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 20, 2018
Fun and productive part-time and seasonal job. The job was to safely and beautifully merchandise the plants within the garden center of the assigned store.
Pros
Surrounded by plants
Cons
Temporary job
labor intensive hot and outside all the time
Plant Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2018
physical labor intensive, if you dont like hot humid weather and to get dirty along with being outside all day, you wont like this job.
Working with plants to me is fun, hard and hot work.
The heat was brutal but this is a seasonal job, It worked for me as a part time position.
Great job for those wanting a part time, flexible schedule.
Garden Center Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 9, 2018
Great job for those wanting a part time, flexible schedule. Managers were kind and helpful. You get to be outdoors and work with beautiful flowers. Working in the heat is hard and it took me about a month to adjust to all the physical movement.
Pros
Flexible, outdoors, physical
Cons
little training and communication, bad weather
Fun, hot
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCJune 11, 2018
I worked in the garden center of a Lowe’sand we worked to create beautiful displays of flowers. The heaviest pots were about 20 pounds. We worked outside in and out of shade and worked with the Lowe’s associates to have a beautiful garden center.
Pros
3 breaks for a 6 hour shift
Cons
Worked outside in the heat
Plant Partners
Plant Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNJune 6, 2018
It was very nice to be outside and get to do work. The work is very simplistic but it is a lot of moving, answering questions for customers and teamwork is very important. You can work on your own as well. Knowledge of plants is less important as knowing where a plant can be found in the Garden Center of the store. It’s usually seasonal meaning it isn’t a full time job ( due to plants eventually don’t come in as much as planting season dies down) though there are a couple full time jobs within the company which you can apply for if desired.
Pros
Simplistic job, outside environment
Cons
Hours are scarce, seasonal position
Pros and Cons
Senior Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 4, 2018
I truly enjoy the actual WORK. It is LOADS of fun to walk into a garden center and "zap my magic wand;" it always is satisfying to admire the transformation at shift end. My DM is really good at working with us. The home office, i feel, is WAY out of touch with those of us in the field and i think they like it that way. They make willy nilly decisions without care for us. Another HUGE draw back is the lack of benefits. But the work? The WORK is fantastic and FUN!

You ask in a later question if i approve of the CEO--i cannot say--we have never met!
Average Day
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 20, 2018
I worked a intern for the company during the summer and they offered as many hours as you want. The staff was very friendly and easy to communicate with.
Not for anyone who wishes to gain a full time pisition
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 6, 2018
Part time and yoy will not move up no matter what . Only promotes their favorites Job is not hard but very little training or support. You have to figure out how to get your job done on your own. See management very rarely and only when they want to criticise your work.
Pros
Flexible on hours
Cons
No traini g or support
You learn a lot about plants
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAFebruary 26, 2018
I learned so much about plants I never knew which is fun. Working in the 90+ degree heat in work boots is the worst. I work alone most times which is nice. In the early and late season the job duties go down to almost nothing and it does get boring. But in the middle of the season you stay busy, which is nice. Your job is mostly to make everything look good. Fill up holes and pull dead plants. The hours are very flexible. This is my 2nd job and I do it around my main Monday-Friday 9-5 job. The pay isn’t bad for the work. I do recommend if you need some extra money. This is a temporary job but again, it’s good if you may be trying to save up for something.
Pros
Learning about plants. Working alone. Flexible hours.
Cons
No benefits. Working in the hot hot summer, especially in work boots
A good company to work for
Merchantdiser (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYFebruary 12, 2018
I learned how to care for different plants hardest part was unloading the carts of flowers.First thing in the morning do a walk through to see what displays need filled and care for.
Productive and fun work environment
Vendor (Former Employee) –  1713 Lowes, Elizabeth City, Nc, 27909February 7, 2018
Plan out the day like what goes where, learned about care for certain plants, management was quite easy to work with, easy going relaxed, learning all the names and places each plant was located, pretty much everything was enjoyable.
Pros
Stress Free
Cons
N/a
Nice
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAJanuary 8, 2018
Plant partners is a great out fit to work for you will be working with store manager to place products appropriately in correct order on store displays. Work will be outdoor mostly so you will need to be available in all kinds of weather. You will be paid by the hour and every two weeks receiving a check electronically to your bank account. Most work hours will be in the morning. You will have orientation and practice handling equipment and materials before you begin.
The day will begin by making required safety check and ensuring that all the products are in their correct place according to the company provided plant o grams.
The manager will usually but not always be available at the work site
There will be company associates available as you will be working to support which ever store you are merchandising for.
You will be required to abide by all company policy as well as policy of the department you are vending for
Pros
Working out side is very nice sometime
Cons
Work out side is something you may not like due to weather
I love the job, just wish it was year round. The pay could be another dollar or two. Management is excellent.
Visual Merchandiser/ Vendor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 28, 2017
I love the job, the coworkers most of the time, management is great!
If you can find employment every July - Jan, Feb. your good! You must love all weather, all plants and very hard work!!
Pros
Great during season
Cons
Ends way too soon
Great environment, Part Time
Seasonal Garden Center Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNDecember 13, 2017
Working at plant partner has one of the best environments I've been in. The Hours are flexible and the focus is simple: make It look good.
Being around the plants has a calming feeling and completing a table is very satisfactory. The hours are limited to 30 a week unless the store is behind. Aside from the lack of fringe benefits, its great.
Pros
Flexible hours, Great environment
Cons
Part Time, Benefits
Great Working Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harlan, KYDecember 2, 2017
Go to work and work on different assignments.
Learned how to work hard and meet deadlines.
Management was always fair. They have the best interest in their employees and business.