Plastic Express Employee Reviews

This was the worst place I've ever worked
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 5, 2018
Management conflicting constantly. People blame you for them not doing their job correctly. Constant talking down to and backlash from anyone for making a simple mistake. I've never worked in a warehouse before this but I assume it's pretty relaxed. Here I was threatened and harrased on a daily basis by other workers and was made to feel like it was my fault by management.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else
Great company!
Production (Current Employee) –  NationwideAugust 1, 2018
I honestly think this is a great company to work for. It does take some hard work and determination to achieve your goals within the company. My experience starting from the bottom and rising up really made me appreciate the growth opportunities that Plastic Express made available to me. I honestly enjoy working with every employee I’ve come across. The upper management team is full of very intelligent individuals that lead their departments towards success. The CEO of Plastic Express is an incredible leader with great vision for the companies future.
Pros
Growth
Bulk Driver (Current Employee) –  City Industry, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Plastic Express is a good company to work for. The pay is competitive and the work is always steady. Their equipment is top of the line and well maintained. One of the many perks about working at plastic express is that most of the loads are local, with the exception of an occasional lay over. you are home most nights.
Pros
Nice equipment, hotel layovers
Cons
Occasional layover
Everything is a lie
Bulk Driver (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Plastic express is the past year has become just another poorly manage company full of lies and an unfit terminal manager that only cares about getting family members good jobs and covering for his sons mistakes, payroll is never on time, miles are always incorrect and they use air miles to pay drivers instead of actual miles, they don’t pay for hours worked, no overtime pay,Heath benefits are too expensive and don’t cover much, forget asking for time off cause is always a big issue, drivers are just a number,coi managers and dispatcher always talk down to employees treating them like kids yelling and cursing when referring to driver. Sad of what has become of plastic express.
Pros
Trucks
Cons
City of Industry management
Official response from Plastic Express
February 19, 2018

Please note these sour grapes comments are from a former employee and are inaccurate.

Great
Logistics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 10, 2018
Depends on what division you are in
The marketing team likes to take more credit than they deserve, but upper management knows this and takes this into account when evaluating your performance
Awful place to work
Bulk driver (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Coi manager only cares about family members getting them management possitions and covering for his family mistakes, constantly harassed drivers about every little thing that goes wrong is the drivers fault,he is totally unfit for the position, he has created a culture of putting down drivers witch is followed by dispatchers, payroll is always late usually a week, no overtime pay, miles are never actual miles driven, all the small perks company had are gone, drivers always have to cover for company mistakes.
Pros
Equipment
Cons
Coi managers
Great company
Trans Load Manager/Admin. Specialist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dayton, TXDecember 16, 2017
Plastic Express backs you and helps you through anything. If you have a problem anywhere in the company upper management is always there to listen and help you work through things. No company is perfect and we all make mistakes, with the help of everyone we work through it. Team work!!
Pros
Great Management, great job
Cons
none to speak of myself
Management very unorganized
Driver (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CADecember 15, 2017
I was hired as a driver and told I’d be making a certain hourly rate. But come to find out the hourly rate they quote is based off a piece work pay. It’s too much work for too little pay. Too many rules made up to benefit the company and their lack of management. The terminal manager is always writing up his crew bringing down moral. It was one lie after another with lots of favoritism. He plays favorites with family and lacks communication skills necessary for his position. They work you 6 days a week or as close to 70 hours a week as they can and again it’s not hourly pay. Not a good place to work if you’re looking for a good balance of home life and family time. The equipment is nice and maintained well. Training was very minimal. There’s a lot to learn. The trainer was helpful and would answer my questions after training period ended but there is no formal training for all you need to learn about the industry. It seems as if everyone there was out for themselves. Even the yard crew would tell me to watch out for the back stabbers in the office.
Pros
Nice equipment
Cons
Overworked and poor management and communication
Productive and fun
Rail Operator (Current Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 24, 2017
Great Company. Great team work, always busy, communication is great from upper Management down to operators.Safety Training is number one required for all operation.
Management lies and sucks
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CAOctober 26, 2017
was Hired as a driver with good pay and benefits but not even a week and they tell me that I was hired to was the trucks and less pay with no benefits. I should have known something was going on to begin with management took over a month to hire me, and says he apologize that he is very busy driving. When even his crew at the yard tells me to watch out here there's a lot of Favoritism. Management is nothing but lies here.
Awful Place to work .
grunt (Former Employee) –  coiSeptember 25, 2017
An absolute Miserable place to call work, one a** hole after another, one two faced back stabber after another. Poorly supervised ware house where people just do what ever they want, constantly texting on phones even while operating forklifts, People who always hang around socializing ( Including the so called runt supervisor ) who is one of the biggest goof off's ,Useless lazy people who practically do nothing all day but upper management are too busy walking around with their noses up their a** to notice . Multiple complaints go un-answered . A good place to work if one does not mind being dis-respected almost from day one.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 28, 2017
My experience thus far at Plastic Express has been extremely positive. Management is professional and knowledgeable. Equipment is safe and well maintained. Pay is great and employees work as a team. Overall it's a great place to work stress free with numerous opportunities to earn income. I highly recommend seeking employment with Plastic Express.
its a cool place to work
Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 7, 2017
i have no bad review of this company just the management is not that great felt they used inside connections to get family in good paying positions but
work and make money!
Bulk Driver (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 6, 2017
A typical day a work for starters, early start check the truck, hook up to the bulk trailer and head out. Dispatch will have work ready for you the night before and they will work with you to make things easy. What I learned is that its pretty easy to drive bulk trucks loaded or unloaded. The environment is nice everybody gets along very well and if you have any questions, there are always drivers willing to help you if you are not sure about something. Job is not hard and if you want to make money this is the place to do so. The most thing I enjoy about this job or at plastic express is that the trucks are new and they are sure fun to drive. Good Luck!
Pros
There is always work and potential to make more money
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 5, 2017
Working for Plastic express now for 3 years. Drivers are friendly and willing to help. Company compensates for any delays or any needed extra time. Dispatch is flexible if needed.
Pros
Repetitious job
Great people to work with
Break-Bulk Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJune 13, 2017
I enjoy working with the company however there is no room for growth. Work with the railroad bulk carts, loading and unloading, also had to build boxes for product.
Pros
Great people to work with, good environment
Cons
Not much room for growth, no competitive compensation
Great working place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2017
Great place to work. Wonderful group of people to work for. Flexible work schedule. Wonderful location. Excellent benefits for your family if needed.
Working enviornment pleasureable
Administrative Assistant & Accounting (Current Employee) –  Industry, CADecember 2, 2016
Working at Plastic Express is wonderful experience. Working at Plastic Express has been challenging and rewarding. Plastic Express has allowed me to expand and grow as a professional.
customers
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 5, 2015
receiving customers phone calls handling customers problem, leading a team of employees to provide our customers with an incredible service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plastic Express. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about