Plastipak Packaging, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MA 01028October 4, 2018
Plastipak is a production facility so the job is very fast paced. It is a hot environment but they do allow for water breaks and provide adequate hydration. management is very receptive to the employee and will work you with if there are issues.
Processing technician (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 2, 2018
Have to relocate very hard to leave good friends and co workers. Learned a lot with this company Meet life time friends I can always call for Advice plstiipak took care of my family for 8 years I will always remember this team
Pros
Good people life time friends
Factory Life
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson Center, OHSeptember 30, 2018
The job was alright, but 3rd shift isn't for everyone.
Would be a good job for a younger person who is looking for a place to retire and who could handle working off shifts for a while.
fast paced environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILSeptember 29, 2018
working at Plastipak we had smooth shifts. we had to make boxes and pack them with bottles. we had 3 breaks which made it easier to go back to work afterwards.
It's been over 20 years. I'm sure it has changed
Maintenance / Engineer (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 26, 2018
Your goal was to keep the equipment running, and running fast. This was a high volume environment. Everyone was skilled. Plant ran on a very low level of staff. You did everything for your own equipment.
Pros
cafeteria, free coffee
Cons
Long hours and worked everyday
Pays the bills
Process Technician and Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Good job for talented and flexible people willing to work. Can go from a laid back to very intensive work in a moment. If you keep a cool head, and stay task oriented, it will work out well for you overall.
OK place to work
PET Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson Center, OHSeptember 25, 2018
Plant does not have air conditioning.
Machines are outdated.
Management willing to help employees
Clean facility
Needs better parking
Family friendly
Good campany at the time
Engineering Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 24, 2018
This review might be irrelevant because I worked there in the early 1990's, but they were always a fair company relating to benefits and advancement. The hours were crazy though... I remember working seven days a week for at least two months straight at one point. Expect long hours, but they do (did) pay overtime.
If you like hard work thats the place to be
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 22, 2018
It was temp job so I need to find,something more stable. The work was great but as a temp I was only making 200 a week that wasn't enough to take care of my children. Someday where down days meaning we didn't work.
Productive with great opportunites
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 3, 2018
Plastipak was a great place to work. It was a fast paced environment that was managed properly. You received good benefits, were compensated fairly, were afforded paid vacation once you earned it, were afforded raises based on performance and were provided opportunities to advance in the company. Overtime was also available for those who wanted it.
Pros
Good benefits, fair compensation, performance-bases annual raises, paid vacation, available overtime and avancement opportunites
Cons
Mandatory overtime at times
Fast-paced environment
Warehouse Supervisor/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 29, 2018
From the time you punch in, until the time you punch out, you will be working at a fast pace to achieve set numbers by management regarding to production and shipment of finished goods.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Productive and great place to work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 20, 2018
Nice place but it wasn't for me it was a little too hard on my back and couldn't achieve the goal of the company but really enjoy the environment and employees as well as the supervisors
Hum drum job
Forklift Operator and Warehouse Production team (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2018
No chance for advancement. Very monotenous job. Same old thing for twelve hours. Some good coworkers, some bad, like any other job. No apprecition from upper management.
Great job
PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHAugust 14, 2018
This job was great. Pay could have been slightly better but it was competitive. As with any large facility... some people worked while others didn't. The management was always there to assist when required. Maintenance did their job most of the time which allowed for much less downtime.
Pros
Great home/work balance
Cons
HEAT! 110+ temps
Plastipak
Fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 13, 2018
The work is with plastic bottles that are shrink wrapped for shipment rather that boxed. This would lead to accidents with damage and sometimes more than one operator was involved.
Good place to work fast paced sometimes stressful
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILAugust 3, 2018
Overall good place to work can be stressful and sometimes they put to much on one person but team tries to help out. Job has mandatory overtime during busy season. But it also has 4 day work weeks during slow season.
Good entry level manfacturing job
Machine Technician / Quality Assurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 2, 2018
Was an easy transition into the workforce out of college, provided great time and project management skills. Great workplace culture and very teamwork friendly environment.
Only work here if you are friends with management
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAAugust 1, 2018
Management only takes care of their buddies and are very cut throat. In my first week as a supervisor i was told i had a certain amount of time to fire a long time employee, simply because the manager didnt like him. Once in the role I quickly realized that thier idea of leadership and mine did not align. I believed in training employees to better themselves. They did not.
Productive work enviroment
MACHINE OPORATOR AND QUALITY ASSURENCE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  McCalla AlabamaJuly 26, 2018
The position that I held at Plastipak gave me the ability to gain knowledge that I needed to help me advance within the workplace. The environment was extremely loud as it is in most packaging companies however the management and other employees were always willing to go the extra mile to get the job done efficiently and productively.
Pros
Great staff excelent pay grade
My thoughts
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Jackson Center, OHJuly 25, 2018
It can be an ok place to work benefits are good you work a lot of overtime job security is bigout there always have a job because what we make is in high demand
Benefits
Cons
Too much overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plastipak Packaging, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight