Plastipak Packaging, Inc. Employee Reviews

I was a team leader then production supervisor
Team Leader/Production Supervisor Plastipak (Former Employee) –  West ChicagoNovember 9, 2018
I worked at the West Chicago plant. Very good place to work. Management was awesome! HR department was the best I was ever involved with. They were very hands on with teaching their techs the in and outside of the job. Alot of communication. The only issue was the over working of the maintenance department. Those guys weren't paid enough. Over all, I wish I didnt move on from there. The West Chicago plant I would highly recommend for anyone.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Will never fire you, but will never promote you either
Corporate Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIOctober 21, 2018
I have held my position at Plastipak for 4.5 years and while my job is very stable, the culture at the top of the company does not make QA a priority. While upper management has put forward capital investments in equipment for quality, they do not provide bonuses or additional compensation for employees in quality.
Pros
Health benefits are best in class
Cons
Very flat company; no room to grow within
Productive with great opportunites
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 3, 2018
Plastipak was a great place to work. It was a fast paced environment that was managed properly. You received good benefits, were compensated fairly, were afforded paid vacation once you earned it, were afforded raises based on performance and were provided opportunities to advance in the company. Overtime was also available for those who wanted it.
Pros
Good benefits, fair compensation, performance-bases annual raises, paid vacation, available overtime and avancement opportunites
Cons
Mandatory overtime at times
Good campany at the time
Engineering Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 24, 2018
This review might be irrelevant because I worked there in the early 1990's, but they were always a fair company relating to benefits and advancement. The hours were crazy though... I remember working seven days a week for at least two months straight at one point. Expect long hours, but they do (did) pay overtime.
Only work here if you are friends with management
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAAugust 1, 2018
Management only takes care of their buddies and are very cut throat. In my first week as a supervisor i was told i had a certain amount of time to fire a long time employee, simply because the manager didnt like him. Once in the role I quickly realized that thier idea of leadership and mine did not align. I believed in training employees to better themselves. They did not.
Productive work enviroment
MACHINE OPORATOR AND QUALITY ASSURENCE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  McCalla AlabamaJuly 26, 2018
The position that I held at Plastipak gave me the ability to gain knowledge that I needed to help me advance within the workplace. The environment was extremely loud as it is in most packaging companies however the management and other employees were always willing to go the extra mile to get the job done efficiently and productively.
Pros
Great staff excelent pay grade
Extreme overtime, poor tmp program
Prodiction Tech (Former Employee) –  Jackson Center, OHNovember 16, 2018
Extreme overtime, phsyically stressful, very poor machine maintenance program. Strong safety program. Very poor human resource department.Highly racially bias towards minoritys.
Pros
Very strong safety program
Cons
Worst job I have worked when it comes to racial bias.
hard days work
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 31, 2018
plastic pack goes through temp services and does not hire on or give raises when they say they will or are going to do it .they do not inform you properly and there leads like to yell and at the employes
Pros
short week every other work week
Cons
no benefits and poor pay
It's been over 20 years. I'm sure it has changed
Maintenance / Engineer (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 26, 2018
Your goal was to keep the equipment running, and running fast. This was a high volume environment. Everyone was skilled. Plant ran on a very low level of staff. You did everything for your own equipment.
Pros
cafeteria, free coffee
Cons
Long hours and worked everyday
Great job
PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHAugust 14, 2018
This job was great. Pay could have been slightly better but it was competitive. As with any large facility... some people worked while others didn't. The management was always there to assist when required. Maintenance did their job most of the time which allowed for much less downtime.
Pros
Great home/work balance
Cons
HEAT! 110+ temps
Processing technician (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 2, 2018
Have to relocate very hard to leave good friends and co workers. Learned a lot with this company Meet life time friends I can always call for Advice plstiipak took care of my family for 8 years I will always remember this team
Pros
Good people life time friends
Cons
Nice company to work for, good people, clean environment
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Medina, OH 44256June 25, 2018
Decent pay, a lot of hours. if you like money and not having a life, this is a job to be at. People are really nice and its clean. Benefits are good as well. Management and HR staff are good people, very understanding and nice.
They have a cafeteria and company who cooks food and plenty of vending machines.
They do have strict rules on having food and beverages out on the floor, but they do provide water coolers in most of the departments though out the facility.
Pros
cooked meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. decent pay and lots of OT
Cons
12 hour shifts, no paid lunches
Good Job
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 19, 2018
I liked working for Plastipak but I had to relocate because there was a lot of violence in the area I lived and I had teenaged children who where at risk. I would gladly go back if I could. But I am no longer in that area.
Pros
Good Pay, good Benefits, Days off
Joseph
WAREHOUSE PACKAGE HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Pineville, LAOctober 30, 2018
The job was not bad I was a temp I had been interveiewd to be hired on and I went through the two interveiw waiting for the third and they just kept giving me the run around and excuses and never countinued the 3rd interview I got tierd of waiting.
Fast paced place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2018
Decent company to work for, benefits are nice. Just long hours and sometimes you will be required to work 6-7 days in a week. Management on the supervisory level lack communication, pay increases don't be that much, corporate is tight with their money. Training could be a bit better, seen a lot of new hires quit soon after.
Stressful job, tiring.
Main Wrapper/Palletizer Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2018
Very stressful & tiring job. They treat you like you are a robot & as if you don't have a life outside of work. Only thing good about the job, is that they give you a lot of overtime.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
No life, stressful
Fast paced
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MA 01028October 4, 2018
Plastipak is a production facility so the job is very fast paced. It is a hot environment but they do allow for water breaks and provide adequate hydration. management is very receptive to the employee and will work you with if there are issues.
If you like hard work thats the place to be
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 22, 2018
It was temp job so I need to find,something more stable. The work was great but as a temp I was only making 200 a week that wasn't enough to take care of my children. Someday where down days meaning we didn't work.
Technicians are easy to work with. Job is really easy.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 5, 2018
Have to stand up all day, can't sit down unless at brake.
Job is easy, and can learn it fairly quickly.
Keep your area clean and help your techicians.
Pros
3-4 work weeks
Cons
mandatory overtime, long hours.
Pays the bills
Process Technician and Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Good job for talented and flexible people willing to work. Can go from a laid back to very intensive work in a moment. If you keep a cool head, and stay task oriented, it will work out well for you overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plastipak Packaging, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight