Plastipak Packaging, Inc. Employee Reviews

Easygoing
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 20, 2019
I worked there for about 2 months, until i learned of all of the drama, like at any workplace, i loved it there. I worked as a temp, but almost was hired in until i found out i was pregnant and too sick to work.
Pros
Lunch room and decent amount of breaks.
Cons
Gossip
Long hours not paid enough
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALMarch 16, 2019
Twelve plus working hours five days and no benefit. Hot warehouse, unfriendly co workers. No training, mandatory overt time if next shift doesn’t show.
Keep looking
Production technician (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 14, 2019
Stressful and ridiculous. Horrible temp agency staff and stupid unqualified management. They preach a certain message in ads and orientation but its a whole other story once you start working.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Everything else
Check review ratings
Maintenance Tech/Electromechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 12, 2019
I did not choose to give this review. It was randomly chosen for me to complete. I think, based on my review, that fairly gives enough feedback. But, I choose not to go into any further details about this company.
not so good
Utility Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 5, 2019
this place wasnt the best place to be at. equipment constantly needed fixing. managers never wanted to fully fix problems just put it on the next guy. the equipment was always breaking from jimmy wrigged fixes being cheap on parts
Relaxed
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHFebruary 20, 2019
The engineering department does quality work and is good for learning manufacturing processes. It takes a while for projects to get approved and too much is micromanaged.

The projects I was worked on as an Intern were done mostly by myself and with the oversight of the plant engineer. It was a good learning department of what to expect when i enter the field as a full-time employee.
productive and fun
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson Center, OHFebruary 19, 2019
I liked working here, the people was nice and my co-workers was easy to get along with, the changeovers was challenging but interesting and worth the training.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long days
Good schedule
Floor Leader/Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIFebruary 15, 2019
Plastik packaging had the best work schedule I've ever had. 12 hrs a day. 3 days on 3 off. Plenty of overtime if wanted. Some supervisors were good to work with
Poor place to work as a temp
Downstream Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson Center, OHFebruary 11, 2019
I was working as a downstream for 5 months got a call from Adecco. Said the supervisor had complaints that i sucked on every line and didnt know what i was doing which i got a different story from the coworkers and wheel ops that i worked with which said they never had a problem and that i am a good worker. Currently not hired in. Got another call today and was told im going from a downstream which i was making 14.90 an hour to a utility as 12.90 an hour. You are at risk working here as a temp. 2nd shift they will not hire you. ENTER AT YOUR OWN ABILITY AND RISK. Good pay but supervisor sucks period.
Pros
Good pay, Some easy days
Cons
Some fast paced days, Bad upper management, Outdated machines, selfish people
Very productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2019
Very productive and fun place to work. Everyone is very helpful and supportive. We work as a team to get the job done. Our boss is blunt but he's totally understanding
dont remmeber much about the job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 29, 2019
i dont remember much about the job, i didnt like working from 7pm to 7am just wasnt a fan of the job boring and cold dont really remember anything else about it
Everything was fine
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDJanuary 25, 2019
Work was good.
Their Management was very helpful.
The job was strict.
I learned something new about the job every day.
Co workers are generous.
Work was peaceful
Pros
Variety of food to eat during lunch
Cons
Short breaks
good pay, people could suck
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Champaign County, ILJanuary 20, 2019
The pay was good, worked 12 hour days 2 on 2 off type schedule. Benefits were good. But, if the supervisor blamed you for something, you did it. No matter if you did not do it.
Easy going
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 18, 2019
Plastipak is a easy going friendly place to work. It is a great starting job. Great environment to stay focused and determined. I would recommend this job
Good work place environment with room for advancement.
Hilo Technician (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 15, 2019
Good place to work with knowledgable and friendly people. Always looking to promote from within to fill job vacancies.Clean and organized place to work for.
So good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 18, 2018
love this job you are in your business with the operating machine and very good environment
Cons
I don't needed
Stressful job, tiring.
Main Wrapper/Palletizer Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2018
Very stressful & tiring job. They treat you like you are a robot & as if you don't have a life outside of work. Only thing good about the job, is that they give you a lot of overtime.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
No life, stressful
Productive job with good hrs
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LADecember 1, 2018
Very helpful with working with u love working here cuz it wasn’t to far from my home had great hrs. And overtime slow/fast pace job but very helpful with working around your schedule
Good Job
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 19, 2018
I liked working for Plastipak but I had to relocate because there was a lot of violence in the area I lived and I had teenaged children who where at risk. I would gladly go back if I could. But I am no longer in that area.
Pros
Good Pay, good Benefits, Days off
Plastipak
Palitizer Operator (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHNovember 18, 2018
Good company to work for, good benefit package, food, pay, good HR and staff, continual training, good over-time, family oriented, cleaner than most factories I've been in, would work here again.
Pros
good pay and benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plastipak Packaging, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.7Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight