Plastipak Packaging, Inc.

Plastipak Packaging, Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Decent Job

Pretty good job with plenty of opportunity to make extra money (excessive overtime). High turnover rate. Culture is changing to get rid of the bad apples which is a good thing. As long as you have a positive attitude, want to work, and can get along with others you’ll be fine at this location. Has decent benefits and PTO. Does not over time and a half unfortunately.

Don’t go

The job is very unpleasant and treat POC a different way. If you voice your opinion then you will be treated like you’re less than. They want robots working for them.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Short breaks

expected to work above my paygrade

They dont give you the resources needed to meet their expectations of you. Hope you don't like a life outside of work. Way to much forced overtime, which you get paid straight time for.

Pros

Quarterly bonuses

Cons

A bunch.

Very hostile place to work. Company don’t care about there employees.

While working there I was not treated good. They say they don’t have lay offs because they will just fire you. There always new people there training because employees don’t last long either they get fire or quit. They expect you to do everything example things that needs to get done in 24hrs they expect you to do it on a 12 hr shift like if you were a machine. Another big issue that they have is that if you get hurt your getting fire even if you’re not at fault. Don’t get hurt because you’re out of there.

Pros

Ok benefits

Cons

Not a secure job, Not knowing when you’re getting fire that’s if you don’t quit first, It’s in the culture to be rude screaming is the way to communicate.

Na

Plastipak was a great job that allows you the opportunity of advancing within the company. Good paying job with great benefits. They also have all different types of bonuses and perks.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Technicians are easy to work with. Job is really easy.

Have to stand up all day, can't sit down unless at brake. Job is easy, and can learn it fairly quickly. Keep your area clean and help your techicians.

Pros

3-4 work weeks

Cons

mandatory overtime, long hours.

Place is alright

I worked her and no there will be no advancement unless you are family and/or cordial with them. I never advanced in my time here and a raise consisted of literally ten cents. I climbed silos with no harness protection and they were taller than the building itself and inhaled tons of plastic dust due to no suits for the area. Were told to wear dust mask which only work never.

Pros

Cons

the place is a dead end job

Great company

At Plastipak one thing is for certain. If you perform at a high level you will be recognized and eventually given an opportunity to move up. I worked there for 13 years and was proud of ny accomplishments until i realised that my job was just to much for one man and eventually it cost me my marriage and five years later i have yet to recover. So how can it be a great place to work? If you enjoy being part of a team, can work well in a very fast paced environment, looking to advance your career and know that youre part of a well oiled machine as one of the most productive plants thats just one of many that Plastipak has thrughout the world, then the Garland plant is the place for you and just because it ended bad for me i was the exception rather than the norm.

Pros

Performance based

Cons

Everyone is on salary

slow easy job

Very slow repetitive job, good pay, but no benefits. Good management, they care about their employees. good variety of different ethnicities and races

All about production

All production and consistency, is all focus when it comes to employment for Plastipak packaging, very good pay, long hours (12hrs min.) work place is very friendly and everyone isn't shy with sharing helpful information, to better production for company, attendance is an all-time focus because short staffed. Vacation days are given but have to cover other employees vacation (mandatory). Benefits given as well (family) and bonus given as well.

Pros

Pay rate. Benefits.

Cons

30min lunch while working 12hrs. Only 10min breaks (3)

Jobs at Plastipak Packaging, Inc.

in Garland, TX
See more jobs

Great job for the most of it

I thought that this was a decent place to work at, but it will consume a lot of your life time. More than you expect. If you are ready to give up life for work, this won't be too bad.

Pros

Great pay and hours

Cons

Long hours, time consuming

Run FAR AWAY from this place

worst place i've ever worked at. management SUCKS here. never any appreciation for what you do. theres no such thing as team work here. job itself is good but not the people you have to deal with every day. this place is full of heroin and coke heads too. constantly have to watch your tools and your back cuz these people are messed up. do your self a favor and run. not worth it at all.

Pros

experience

Cons

very poor management, awful supervisors, no team work, pathetic benefits, unsafe

Revolving Door Company .

This company does not care for their employees they make false promises and don't deliver . They treat employees like sheep instead of human beings . There is a very high turnover rate here so please use caution while applying .

Cons

no time and a half pay . bad benefits .

A hard, rewarding job.

A typical day at work consisted of going to work by 6:45 AM or PM. Next I would prepare my paperwork, check company email, and get a run-down of any issues on my line for my shift from the previous technician. After about an hour I would do my quality checks on a set of fresh bottles off the line while I monitored my line. I was also responsible for keeping the line as clean as possible during my shift which included bottles on the floor or oil spills typically. I was responsible for keeping the line running as long as possible for maximum production value. The hardest part of my job was the night shift, it was typically 12 hours and after a few months took a toll on my fatigue, as it did with many seasoned technicians. The most enjoyable part of my job was working on my line and the Sidel Blow-molder. I gained valuable mechanical troubleshooting skills.

Pros

pay, holiday meals, benefits, and the employees.

Cons

too short of breaks for how high the physical demand was.

very productive and fun

Plastipak was a very fun place to work. very fast paced and very exciting to see how a machine can turn smallplastic resin into large plastic bottles or cantainers.

Pros

good pay, good hours

Cons

some times there was too much down time.

productivity and fun place to work

Plastipak is give me the opportunity and invests in the future of myself by providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. good benefit and bonus. very organize management.

Pros

gift card, free lunch

Cons

health care