PLATEAU MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Admissions Clerk
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVJuly 11, 2018
Plateau Medical Center had been one of the best jobs I've had. They have paid time off for both vacation and sick time. This is a Hospital so they are opened on holidays.
Fast paced, friendly nurses, doctors
Environmental Services Aide (Current Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVFebruary 16, 2018
Enjoyed interaction with patients and visitors; all the nurses and doctors are friendly; job happens to be close to home; stayed busy and shift goes by fast;
Pros
Listens to you and works with schedule.
Cons
Sometimes really messy to clean up.
Hospital setting tht is a small town community servie provider that upholds the quality of care image to the people they serve
Clerical Support Staff, Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVAugust 3, 2017
A small toen hospital that is committed to providing services to the highest level of standards. They are a family oriented open door mind set to there employees that strives to motivate there employees to achieve there goals at their jobs.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
long shifts
great place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVJune 28, 2017
I really loved plateau but I moved back to Charleston and had to leave pmc. I really learned a lot about responsibility there and wouldn't trade my time there for anything.
Pros
great people and a great place
Cons
There was really mo cons about working there
Professional productive nice place to work good health insurance
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVFebruary 24, 2017
Nice place to work friendly people, the doctors worked closely with administration. All departments worked well together.
Pros
Nice breaks lunches
Cons
No cons
Fun Work Place
Admissions (Current Employee) –  WVJanuary 9, 2017
Current employee- I enjoy my office job and the opportunity to meet new people everyday. As long as you do your job you will have no problem with management. Nothing bad to say about working for this company.
Pros
Discount on personal medical bills, Flexible schedule
Cons
Can be stressful working in the E.R. but that's with any hospital
small family like work environment
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville wvJuly 7, 2016
Very good place top work for, patient to nurse ratio 6:1, med surg tele floor. Hospitalist group present all day time shifts. Nursing supervisors are friendly and helpful.
Good place to start. Good learning experience
HIM Tech (Current Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVJanuary 27, 2016
My day typically starts at 6:00 am and ends at 2:00 pm. I had never worked in a hospital or any type of medical environment before and everybody was great at teaching me and helping me along the way. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is making sure the physicians are signing orders on their charts. I enjoy the hours the most.
Pros
Hours, getting home at a decent time and still having a good part of the day left to enjoy
Cons
Definitely not enough hours or pay. A lot is expected and although we are considered full time, we weren't allowed 40 hours per week.
Professional, patient-oriented workplace.
Medical Assistant for Surgical Care (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVOctober 21, 2015
Plateau has a wonderful work environment, friendly co-workers, and I enjoyed being a part of such a helpful, team-oriented staff.
Worked hands on with the kids.
Medsurg Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVJanuary 15, 2015
Worked hands on with the kids. Got along well with the coworkers. Learned techniques to handle an out of control situation. Hardest part of the job was the damage some of the kids had endured. Best part of my job was when you made a difference for them.
A decent place to work. Management needs improvement.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVAugust 27, 2014
I felt that my work was appreciated, but there was no organization or fairness.
Pros
Good schedule/willing to work with schedule
Cons
No discipline
Salaried employed who worked at least 10 hours a day w/ no complaints
Accounts Payable Supervisor/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVAugust 5, 2014
Complete coordinator of payroll for 300 employees including employee deductions, direct deposits/printing checks, garnishments, taxes inc. W-2 preparation, mailing and filing with state a federal government.
A/P supervisor including processing of invoicing and payments, including contract employees and Doctors. Worked directing with Materials Management for purchase orders, receivers.
There was never a dull moment for me at the hospital, always something going on. Long hours not a problem, even into the night to get the job done. Great interaction with Vendors and Employees.
Pros
Accrued vacation and sick leave.Benefits also included Health and Dental Ins. and 401K
Great Place to work!
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVJuly 23, 2014
I would go back and work there anytime, they were good to me. They treated you with dinners and they were able to work around your work sechdule.
nothing to say
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVNovember 19, 2013
it was my first job as a nurse, so I was new to this world. but I felt it was not in my best interest to stay here
Pros
small hospital
Cons
small hospital
Could be very hectic and you needed to be flexible. Great coworkers
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVOctober 30, 2013
Each day had different requirements as to what part of the hospital I was assigned. I learned to be very patient and calm in stressful situations. Mangement ebbed and flowed.
Pros
Benefit package.
Cons
Short breaks and not knowing which part of the facility assigned.
Productive place to work w/ advancement
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVOctober 5, 2012
To be an older hospital... the staff, for the most part, is amazing. was a very close family feel. Very professional. Upper level management is strict yet just what one needs in order to feel pressured for success. With a few years of hard steady work advancement is almost a guarantee.