Plato's Closet Employee Reviews

Great place to work and grow
Shift Supervisor (Keyholder) (Current Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHJune 16, 2018
I love my job. It is so fun. We have a good time at work while getting the job done. We have each others backs and we all become a family. If something happens to one of us we all are there for you. The customers rock and so do the owners! I have the BEST manager I could ask for.
Very busy day in to day out
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38117June 12, 2018
the most enjoyable part of my job at Plato's was meeting new people and expanding the intrest workplace culture was peaceful , management was great and fair
Pros
diveristy
Cons
no beneifits
alright place for a younger person
Floor runner/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 11, 2018
allowed to wear pretty much whatever you want, easy work if customers aren't tearing the place apart, coworkers are nice and welcoming. Not much pay or benefits.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 10, 2018
This is a great company that truly lives the work life balance of re energizing its team and definitely is flexible open to those looking to work 2 jobs
Fast Paced Work Environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 9, 2018
Be aware that Plato's Closet is a very fast paced work environment that doesn't give much time for relaxing. This is a job that needs serious attention and shouldn't be taken lightly. Also be aware that some customers have choice words to cashiers and buyers when they are told what price they're getting for selling their clothes.
It keeps you busy
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 8, 2018
I loved working there and never had a problem with my hours my coworkers we're friendly the customers not so friendly but that's where that "great customer service" fits in
Have to be the right fit for the job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 7, 2018
If you're not a fashionable person, then this is not a good job for you. Majority of the workers are female which makes it difficult to get past the social aspect of the job.
Good job environment and fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 4, 2018
It had a good job environment and I got along with all the other employees. There was always something to do so I learned to multitask. The manager kept everything organized. The hardest part of the job was training because it was so quick and squished into one day of information.
Bad workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2018
Poor Management, lack of communication, not lots of chances to move up in the company. Favoritism occurred and made other employees create a hostile work environment.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Unenjoyable work place
Platos Closet
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 4, 2018
Working at Plato's Closet was a great first job that created great managerial experience for beginners. I enjoyed going to work every single day and learning more about their processes and systems.
Fun place if looking for something temporary
Key Holder Manager (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 3, 2018
You do not get much hours and if you are not best friends with the main manager then expect only one or two shifts a week. There is no proper training, just a quick tour then you're thrown in.
Pros
the items we sell
Cons
short shifts, poor management.
Fun Work Enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 28, 2018
The coworks made the job very fun. We would restock clothes and get to see new fashion trends and always having something to do. Everyone was super supportive if you ever needed help.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Few hours
Loved the place but
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 27, 2018
Love the store & job it’s so fun would have given all 5 stars but the management & the owners are terrible they ruin the experience. The owner is the most rude person I have ever met, always coming up with random new rules that are pointless and the management well they are grown adults starting drama with teens they are always talking Down on you & talking about you behind your back & they are never happy they make you hate your job and it’s sucks because the job itself is easy and really fun. They also lie to you about pay different people have the same job but get payed differently based on if they like you or not .
Pros
Discount, 1st look at clothes before it hits the floor
Cons
Management, drama, owners
productive, fun and learning workplace
Buyer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 24, 2018
This is a fun and upbeat place to work. You learn something new everyday by working as a team and working with customers. Customer service is huge here. Management always listens and provides solutions to any problem we face. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what to expect everyday, but that is what makes it fun. Many different types of people work here and are customers, it is a very diverse place. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customer get what they want and seeing a smile on their face. I learned that I really enjoy designing outfits and store displays and answering questions. I learned that I like helping people and having people reply on me.
Pros
employee discount, friendly work environment
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
Good workplace for young adults
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 23, 2018
Overall it was a good workplace if you are willing to put in the work. They prefer people who can give a good amount of hours per week so if you are really busy it may not be the place for you. The workers there are also young (highschool to college) so if you are in that age group you may do well.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Stressful environment at times
Reasonable
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 22, 2018
Reasonable workplace. For college students or people who are not the head of household. Cannot maintain life off of the wages. Love coworkers, just cannot sustain living.
Horrible
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WA 98037May 22, 2018
Horrible place to work with horrible pay, not worth the amount of effort for the amount of money offered. No room for advancement in the company either, expected to stay in one position the whole time.
Love the Job and Job duties, HATE Management
Manager/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 22, 2018
The actual Job here is awesome! It’s fun and good for someone who gets bored in a traditional paced job. There is also a lot of room for advancement. However, the management style of the Owner and Store Manager is Upsetting. They are very belittling and have an aggressive management style which leads to a lot of employees leaving this job.
Pros
Discount is awesome, Job advancement is great
Cons
Short breaks, Terrible pay
Fun atmosphere
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHMay 21, 2018
This is definitely a job for someone who is still in high school. There isn’t much room for advancement. You will be very under paid and over worked. Management isn’t very helpful and are very quick to point fingers.
Pros
Work with fun people
Cons
Under paid
Fun environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2018
A lot of work and stress for such a small amount of pay. A lot of the work relies on one individual instead of people working together as a team. Overall have enjoyed it and have been able to move up in the company. Would not recommend as a career but only a starter job.
Pros
creative
Cons
no benefits, bad pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plato's Closet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.6Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight