Plato's Closet Employee Reviews

Found 1,209 reviews matching the search See all 1,243 reviews
Terrible place to work. Poor management.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJune 14, 2019
My experience was good at first, but as time went on management got worse and more people left until ultimately no one wanted to work there anymore. Would not recommend working
Pros
Flexible schedule and managers didn’t care what you did
Cons
Poor management and a stressful work environment
Great connection with co workers and face paced
Platos closet (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2019
Platos was a great place to work at. Manager is very sweet and has a great work ethic. If you love a face paced setting, then you would love platos Closet.
Fun and exciting place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, inJune 13, 2019
Plato's Closet is a really fun and exciting place to work at. I ended up making alot of friends when I worked there. I enjoyed meeting new customers and helping people pick out their next date night outfit.
Fun, energetic work place
Front Desk, Stock Manager, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 13, 2019
First time working strictly in retail. Fun new experience for me. Always something to do to stay busy. Nice being able to get discounts off clothes as well
A very fun and motivating work environment with many inspirational employees.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 12, 2019
A typical day at work would be stocking racks and making sure all items of clothing were in the correct place and color coded. I learned that costumers enjoy having clothing color coded if they are looking for a specific color. Every coworker I have had at this job has always been very outgoing and fun to be around. The workplace culture is very moving and exciting to be in, while doing our job positions we always checked in on costumers and made sure they can find anything they may be looking for. The hardest part of this job would be making sure everything is color coded and put in the correct sizing categories because costumers tend to move the clothing around the store. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to see people smile while shopping or as they were leaving and being able to help them find what they need.
Highly incompetent corporate ruining it's stores slowly with bad policy.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJune 10, 2019
It's incredibly toxic. Those who work hard are punished by having to work even more for less money. Often times it is those who are drama stirring leaches that rise up from the depths to claim rewards, instead of those who have earned them. There are good people there and not all times where bad, but it's current state is a disaster.
We got are job done and had a good positive staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 7, 2019
I had fun at the job but the job wasn’t paying me well to benefit my life. The staff had good positive vibe we all got along and the job was fun. My position just didn’t help me pursue my career.
Pros
Well balanced and pays okay
Cons
Shorts breaks And unorganized
It was a productive and fun workplace!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILJune 6, 2019
I loved working here, and I loved my coworkers and being able to point customers in the right direction when they came in! There was a lot of work to be done, and sometimes there was just not enough people working to get it done. Otherwise, it was a great experience!
Causal work space
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 5, 2019
Very fun and casual work place, with a very good discount. You can get a good set amount of hours. You do deal with loud and rude customers and thieves.
Pros
Discount, work hours
Cons
Thieves
If it’s a busy location, it will be very stressful
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJune 4, 2019
Each store has a different owner because they are franchises. Unfortunately the one I worked for was overall just bad. The people you work with is what will make or break this job.
Pros
Discounts, Flexible Hours, 401k
Cons
Stressful, Drama Filled, Sometimes Gross
Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 4, 2019
I loved working here, the staff is so nice and welcoming and the management is so friendly and loving. You get a short snack break during your shift. Working with people who become your friends is amazing.
People Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 3, 2019
This company did a good job involving their employees and making them feel important. There were a lot of activities and events together outside of work. This job also prepared me the most for being a customer service representative. I like that they actually train you.
Fun workplace !!
Part Time Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 3, 2019
Quick paced work environment it was fun outgoing and always up and being at customer needs ! I loved this job overall the only thing that threw it off was the pay .
Working here is honestly the best
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 2, 2019
Working at Plato’s is hands down the best experience. I recommend 100% because the environment is great and employees are so nice and the manager is so so sweet. Management is great, not really any cons at this place I love it
Pros
Great environment, flexibility, constant work
Cons
pay gets better over time but start up is low
Its all about what you make it.
AREA MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJune 2, 2019
Working at Plato's Closet, truly is all about what you make of each day you are there. It can be a really easy and fun job to work, as long as you know what you are doing and you have a good team around you.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Rude people, low pay
the team vibe
runner/organizer (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 1, 2019
The employee team was not every welcoming to new members, and there was a lot of drama. The place was clean, but did not bring in very many customers. The low pay was not worth the half hour drive
The people who worked there with me were amazing.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 31, 2019
The benifits should have been better for as long as I had worked there but it wasn’t a very big company therefore they wouldn’t have as many good benifits.
Pros
Understable for time needed off
Cons
No raises
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 31, 2019
I worked there years ago. From what i learned they were somewhat disorganized. It was a basic first time job. I gained job experience. I enjoyed working there for the most part.
Pros
Fast paced enviroment
Cons
Short breaks
Fun to Work, Sometimes Full of Drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMay 30, 2019
I enjoyed working at Plato’s Closet, personally. However, there was a lot of drama that would go on between some managers and employees. As long as you don’t get involved/don’t step on anyone’s toes, it can be a fun place to work if you want to be around other high school/college age coworkers. Another problem that is worth mentioning, if you’re over 18, is that many minors work at Plato’s (at least at my location). Due to this, my break had to be skipped (sometimes to the point that I’d work 8+ hours without a break) because minors have to have a break every 4 hours. At first, working at Plato’s wasn’t super fun due to constant “busy” work (which I hate). However, once I was promoted to a Buyer (someone who sorts through clothing), my time at Plato’s became more enjoyable.
Pros
Fun coworkers most of the time, flexible scheduling
Cons
Drama, many younger (under 18) workers without much job experience
Don’t do it
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 30, 2019
It’s a franchise so management varies from location to location. The location I worked at had a high staff turnover rate due to poor communication and inability to listen on the part of management. The owners made each employee sign a contract where you are scheduled 7 days a week and will most likely be called in (even on your days off) because the store manager didn’t feel like working that day. The only thing that makes this job even slightly worth it is the discount—and even that isn’t enough to make me work there ever again.
Pros
5% discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plato's Closet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight