Plato's Closet Employee Reviews

Found 996 reviews matching the search See all 1,017 reviews
it sucked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 17, 2018
i worked there for 2 days and hated it i do not recommenced this job at all. the manager seemed very inexperienced in what he was doing he just gave me the job and that was it no paper work, nothing.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
worst place to work
Customer Service Associate/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 17, 2018
The store was always filthy. management was not friendly, no learning support ever given. No training was given to new employees ever. overall horrible place to work for.
Great work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJSeptember 17, 2018
Its a great place to work for. The owners are wonderful and do everything they can to accommodate you with your needs. They are flexible with your schedule when it comes to school or your family. They also give s great employee discount.
High school
Retail Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VASeptember 14, 2018
This was my job in highschool.
It paid well for what I needed to make while still in school living with my parents.
Hours were flexible and the work was never difficult.
Very fun environment
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Advancement
Fast-paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHSeptember 13, 2018
Working at Plato's Closet is very fast-paced and you must be on top of everything. It is a welcoming environment and comfortable place to work because there is no dress code.
Not your average retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILSeptember 12, 2018
There is a lot more to this job than your average retail job.You have to buy used clothing and be able to handle irate situations when a seller believes they deserve more money for their clothing. You are on your feet all day and sometimes will not receive breaks. Have to be kept up to date on fashion trends and be able to handle average retail job demands.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
No breaks, not great pay, no benefits
Very Fun Environment
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 12, 2018
The staff was very easy going and tight knit. We worked hard but had a lot of laughs as well. I tell people it is a great first job, but I wouldn't suggest many people finding their career here.
Great mission, polite employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 11, 2018
My favorite aspect about being a part of plato's closet's mission was the ability to provide customers with a diversity of style at an affordable price. I am all about sustainability and I believe resale is a great way to recycle clothes.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Mediocre atmosphere
Plato’s Closet
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 10, 2018
Very unfortunate place to work as well as be a customer to. Found it to be quite dirty as all the clothes are taken in but not washed. Management is petty and have a childish way of running the store. Reasonable compensation for work.
Awful and Miserable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 6, 2018
I have worked at a lot of places but this place made me want to never even step foot in a Plato's ever again. The management is sloppy and incredibly unprofessional. I am not even able to articulate how unhappy I was coming into work.
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
Everything about that place is awful
Productive fun place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 6, 2018
Great place to work. Advanced quickly and learned a lot. Traveling for conferences was completely paod for. Freedom in management. Healthcare benefits.
Pros
Dicount on clothing
Cons
Worked as a cashier but held other responsibilities.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  University Park, PASeptember 6, 2018
It was a fun place to work. I liked my co-workers and my managers. Good culture for collaborative work. The pay was minimal for starting position. Overall a great experience.
keeps you on your feet, tiring
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Working at platos closet is a lot harder than i expected and definitely keeps you with something to do. As much as i like working there and how sweet my coworkers are, i feel like it’s not the right job for me at the moment.
Pros
30% Discount
Cons
Hard to take days off
Difficult Place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 3, 2018
The other employees were rude and tried to put their work off onto the newer members. It was unorganized and difficult to deal with. The hours were not worth the hassle
fast pace but fun
BUYER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 3, 2018
There were days it would be really busy to were you would think it would be stressful but with managers and coworkers I had it was peaceful. Had fun working here and recommend for a first job.
The people are better than the company
Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 30, 2018
There's a lot of things to not like about working at Plato's, but the one thing that is great are the people. Management never does anything but complain at us all day.
okay for summer job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTAugust 29, 2018
This is a job you either love or hate, or you will hate it by the end. We do a lot of working and get payed minimum wage when we see how much money we bring in and how much everything is. You get a 10 cent raise if you become a buyer, wow a whole 10cents is going to get me so so far in life. The managers don't care about your health and you can not call out or you would be basically fired from the position. It was very unfair how this placed worked and favoritism is a huge thing at this place.
Working at Plato's Closet
Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2018
Typically I go in at 8:30 to open the store and get everything ready for the day. I make sure all my employees are ready to start the day with a positive, winning attitude. The atmosphere is pretty laid back and customers feel welcomed when they walk through the door. I do daily paperwork to keep track of all sales, buys, etc. I also make trips to the bank when necessary. I enjoy all of my co-workers and the actual job that I do. The only downfall is the company does not offer insurance, 401k, or anything like that. As I am getting older, I feel like that is important in a job.
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 28, 2018
great energetic and fun place to work. even though most paychecks went back to the company since we all bought a lot of the clothes!

good discounts on already discounted clothes. my closet was happy but my bank account was not LOL!
Laid back workplace
Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAAugust 28, 2018
Working at platos was a nice calm work enviroment without much pressure. The managers were all nice and fair, and hours were very flexible if need be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plato's Closet. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight